Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I think the bike feels like cheating only because of what they immediately do to you afterwards in chapter 3 where they take it away. As much as I like the part where you plan a big trip and have to take a bunch of ladders and poo poo all over, I don't think that component would be nearly as interesting if you had to make the EXACT same trip 3+ times with all the ladders already there. By the time you get the trike, you've seen pretty much the whole zone. Ch3 has SO many deliveries to make that I can't imagine doing them without the truck and roads, nevermind just the bike. My only real complaint with trucks/trikes/vehicles in general is that they feel TOO off-road-ey, and there's no like "oh I hit the end of the road, gotta hoof it from here", you can just drive basically anywhere. It would certainly make you reconsider the premium deliveries where you have to carry more than you can feasibly fit on your back. I think an interesting delivery condition would be a "Super Fragile" one where a truck would rattle too much and shatter whatevers inside and your only option is to take it by foot. Just something to motivate me to get out of the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Most quests aren’t fetch quests they are...
delivery quests. Also apparently I’m addicted because i got a trophy only 4% have gotten and I spent all day not progressing the story in chapter 3 lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I have run into ghosts on my bike several times. I would immediately get off and fight the BTs on foot, and the bike would be fine when I got back to it

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Presenting Nipples posted:

Most quests aren’t fetch quests they are...
delivery quests. Also apparently I’m addicted because i got a trophy only 4% have gotten and I spent all day not progressing the story in chapter 3 lol

I’m avoiding spoilers because I’m gonna soak in chapter 3 as much as possible. I shoulda stayed in 2 longer too

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Steve Yun posted:

I have run into ghosts on my bike several times. I would immediately get off and fight the BTs on foot, and the bike would be fine when I got back to it

If you swerve enough you can just drive right past BTs, they don't catch you unless you plow right into one and swerving will slow you down enough to avoid them when they go visible. Someone said the bike loses power when you hit BT territory but if you just wait two seconds it comes back

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The only annoying but territories on a bike are the ones with lots of rocks like near the end of the first zone, it makes it hard to avoid them as you can't move to the side often

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Stormgale posted:

The only annoying but territories on a bike are the ones with lots of rocks like near the end of the first zone, it makes it hard to avoid them as you can't move to the side often

And yet between all the insane rock clusters and BTs I STILL got the bike through

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

And yet between all the insane rock clusters and BTs I STILL got the bike through

I got it through going towards port city but seem to find it impossible any time I try and bike back

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm in chapter three at like 22 hours plus. I just can't stop making deliveries and building poo poo.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

Steve Yun posted:

Where you place your cargo affects your balance. If you keep heavy stuff on your left side you will lean left. If you put heavy stuff on the top of your backpack instead of the bottom, you have worse balance because the center of gravity is higher.

You can lean your body on your bike to affect its balance. This will help keep you balanced on tight turns or steep downhills/uphills.

There’s a LOT going on under the hood that doesn’t get communicated in video streams, it’s stuff that you have to feel while you’re playing.

You can lean on the bike?

psychoJ posted:

... aw gently caress.

He meant the beginning of 3, not the end. I have bikes all over my goddamn map now.

Pylons posted:

IMO you don't really need to carry supplies around. If you need to build something with them just make a special trip and have something specific in mind. Otherwise just carry some PCCs around to build level 1 buildings.

If you park your bike or whatever close to you, you can build from it. I do that with mule vehicles I've loaded up to the gills. Just back that poo poo into the bunker door and you're good.

Dimo ArKacho fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 11, 2019

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Also is it even possible to get through a BT area on the bike?

I pulled it off, scaling a near cliff covered in jagged rocks madly hopping and smashing boost up the face of it. It's crazy where you can force the bike to go.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I didn’t realize you could boost out of getting grabbed until Imhotep pointed it out.

I don’t know if I’m the only one that didn’t notice this, but I just realized that if you rest your finger on the touchpad while you are looking at the map, you can use the gyro and tilt the controller to pivot it, giving you a much better view of the topography.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I built two roads today instead of doing plot and I got about 80,000 likes. This game is good. Goose game is still better, but this is up there.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPIL1yadnqY

Ziplines are absolutely insane timesavers holy poo poo.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Oh my goodness. I caused a voidout during chapter 3 trying to get the Toolbox for some random guy. Does this effect any finding gameplay mechanics or can I continue on without worry?

Also just built the Safehouse near the Weather Station.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

ghostinmyshell posted:

I built two roads today instead of doing plot and I got about 80,000 likes. This game is good. Goose game is still better, but this is up there.

same. i was watching 5k likes come in every 5 min.

the movement mechanics are fun and all but the building part of the game is by far the most fun part of this for me.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lol end of chapter three I took the nuke to the town and blew it up

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Death Stranding: *Giles Coreyishly* More Weight

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SardonicTyrant posted:

Death Stranding: *Giles Coreyishly* More Weight

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

JBP posted:

Lol end of chapter three I took the nuke to the town and blew it up

Yup, same here. I misinterpreted the directions - Die Hardman tells you Fragile is waiting for you in the distro center near the town and you should go talk to her, then you immediately get handed the nuke and are told it's for her. Therefore I figured I was supposed to take it to the distro center as if it was normal cargo and meet her there, just extremely carefully, because the distro center is outside the city. Nope, turns out it counts as being inside the city and I got blown up.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
This guys has some pretty cool tips that I had no idea about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loAsztqCcO4

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

so fragile is the fo:nv courier. no, not that one. the cooler one. sweet

Lpzie fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 11, 2019

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Made it to the Wind Farm.

Haven't read a single spoiler or know anything about the game except that first trailer.

Impressions:

- I hate the menu poo poo. But I hate ALL menu poo poo. Even really slim-line menu poo poo like Dead Space.

- graphics 11/10

- Del Torowns

- I touched a floaty guy and black goo tried to eat me and the forest was consumed by the goo and everything went crazy and a baby is screaming at me and oh god oh gently caress oh god what the gently caress there's a dolphin what the gently caress is going on this is insane the ground is moving can't move goo eating me :gonk: :gonk: :gonk:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Pigbottom posted:

YOU CAN TWIST THE MAP!?

This changes everything

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

- I touched a floaty guy and black goo tried to eat me and the forest was consumed by the goo and everything went crazy and a baby is screaming at me and oh god oh gently caress oh god what the gently caress there's a dolphin what the gently caress is going on this is insane the ground is moving can't move goo eating me :gonk: :gonk: :gonk:

Yeah that all sounds about right. Don't worry though, it gets weirder!

Shalebridge Cradle fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 11, 2019

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Pigbottom posted:

I was already sold on the game, but this is exactly the kind of gameplay I wanted to see.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

I got all hosed up or carried too much weight for too long and Sam started pissing blood and it gave me upgraded piss grenades.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Hub Cat posted:

I got all hosed up or carried too much weight for too long and Sam started pissing blood and it gave me upgraded piss grenades.

Its a testament to this game that I honestly do not know if this is real or not

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

- I hate the menu poo poo. But I hate ALL menu poo poo. Even really slim-line menu poo poo like Dead Space.

I'm a little ahead of you and also hated the menus & am now at the stage where they still bring me no pleasure, but I'm navigating them unconsciously enough that they don't bother me either.
---
This is like Days Gone in the way that I started out being extremely disappointed in what I thought was a dreary piece of nothing, but now I'm really liking pretty much all of it. Also, everyone who is generating an opinion based on YouTube videos, don't. It's a walking simulator with several Bop Its worth of random fiddly things to do glued onto it and there's no way to visually communicate the pleasure it elicits.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPIL1yadnqY

Ziplines are absolutely insane timesavers holy poo poo.

Yeah, gently caress roads I've got ziplines. I'm in chapter 7 or 8 and I've spent a large amount of time creating a zipline network to trivialize all travel past the initial trip to add a zone to the network.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chapter 5 spoilers: gently caress getting to the spiritualist, can't see poo poo.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/SpawnWaveMedia/status/1193702411619229696

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
:jerkbag:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Is the pursuer you have to fight/evade when you're caught by BTs randomized? For me it's been the big ol gribbly squid every time. Someone told me it was based on your birthday, what constellation you fall into- apparently they fought some kind of lasso throwin' scorpion and are perhaps coincidentally a scorpio... but I don't fit any of the ones the game lists. (Aug 25, so I'm a Virgo, one day after Kojima's birthday!)

It definitely does change. I've seen the squid, one that resembled a person on all fours and the scorpion

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Omfg this game after chapter three lol

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
*cough*
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I just delivered a package to Mountain Knot City and they said they wouldn't join. I got an email saying go back to Mama, but that's a crazy trek and I just want to make sure it lead to plot progression before doing it.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

:hmmyes:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

YOU CAN TWIST THE MAP!?

This changes everything

I just said this like 10 posts up and got no love :smith: My likes!

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I just said this like 10 posts up and got no love :smith: My likes!

Sorry that was like the first post I read here after playing for 2 days straight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

SardonicTyrant posted:

I just delivered a package to Mountain Knot City and they said they wouldn't join. I got an email saying go back to Mama, but that's a crazy trek and I just want to make sure it lead to plot progression before doing it.

Yes