Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Ok I think I was wrong about leaning on your trike for balance

It turns out that the mules are a bunch of cream puffs. Tomato cans. I was so terrified of them at first, they were chasing me in a truck and honking at me like I was Forrest Gump. Then after I got over a ravine to safety they kept pacing back and forth in that truck and honking, like a vicious goose on the prowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

He's right

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Kojima is, like Tarantino, a genius long as he keeps his mouth shut.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
americans being dumb and lovely isnt that hot of a take

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
"heh, you're not looking for unique experiences, obviously that's the only reason someone might not like my game"

hideo kojima, not being smug as gently caress

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

veni veni veni posted:

I don’t know if I’m the only one that didn’t notice this, but I just realized that if you rest your finger on the touchpad while you are looking at the map, you can use the gyro and tilt the controller to pivot it, giving you a much better view of the topography.

There is a tool tip right on the map that says this.

Although I really can't blame people for missing it. The map, like most of the menu systems in this game is super cluttered and the functionality is unintuitive at best.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

WatermelonGun posted:

americans being dumb and lovely isnt that hot of a take

Agreed. I'll be checking profiles and alerting mods if I see any amer*can pigs posting in here

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Ch3: So did anybody else upon finding the private bunker in Middle Knot City just immediately drop everything else they were doing so they could grab all that delicious metal and ceramics to build some roads.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I found a memory chip near South Knot that unlocked A Ride With Norman Reedus On AMC trike, and when you're riding it Sam is constantly saying poo poo like "drat this bike is cool it should be on an episode of Ride With Norman Reedus"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Panzeh posted:

"heh, you're not looking for unique experiences, obviously that's the only reason someone might not like my game"

hideo kojima, not being smug as gently caress

Not the only reason but this thread is living proof that it is absolutely a reason, people keep staring at it slack jawed and saying "this isn't for me = game bad"

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Steve Yun posted:

Ok I think I was wrong about leaning on your trike for balance

It turns out that the mules are a bunch of cream puffs. Tomato cans. I was so terrified of them at first, they were chasing me in a truck and honking at me like I was Forrest Gump. Then after I got over a ravine to safety they kept pacing back and forth in that truck and honking, like a vicious goose on the prowl

I ran from mules once. Now I just beat the absolute hell out of them, pick my stuff back up, pick their stuff back up, then slowly waddle to the nearest drop off with 200kgs of semen and pizzas strapped to my back.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

homeless snail posted:

I found a memory chip near South Knot that unlocked A Ride With Norman Reedus On AMC trike, and when you're riding it Sam is constantly saying poo poo like "drat this bike is cool it should be on an episode of Ride With Norman Reedus"

lmao that owns, definitely gonna track that down.

Also lol at (chapter 8 spoilers) Heartman's office being lit exactly like a NWR movie, and the "do you want to see Heartman's heart-shaped heart" line. I love this game so much.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail posted:

addendum:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It was mentioned earlier but the thread moves kinda fast right now: Can areas be cleared of BTs and does doing so affect other players? It'd be cool to help clear a big well-trafficked area and make it easier for others.

Also does the bola put down MULES and BTs for good or is it a temporary stun?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

This heartfelt dialogue of Mama's might have been more poignant if I cared at all about anyone in this game.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Bola wraps up Mules you have to knock them out or they can get free eventually.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

This is incredible.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Pierson posted:

Temporary. They will get loose eventually.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Pierson posted:

It was mentioned earlier but the thread moves kinda fast right now: Can areas be cleared of BTs and does doing so affect other players? It'd be cool to help clear a big well-trafficked area and make it easier for others.

They come back

And if the mules are still conscious they'll get out of the bola eventually, sometimes they'll get knocked out from the fall though. Or you can just run up to them and kick them

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Pierson posted:

Killed a collector or running from it clears the area of BTs for awhile

Pierson posted:

Temporary. After stunning a Mule a single kick will knock them out for good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That BT encounter in the mission for the craftsman was amazing. I hope the game has more big ruined interiors like that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
MULEs also get knocked out instantly if you bola them while they're standing in water, they just fall in the water and... not drown, they don't die, but they certainly don't enjoy the experience.

edit: Speaking of MULEs again, someone may have mentioned this recently upthread but I just got a loading screen tip that let me know that clearing MULE camps by knocking them all out gets rid of the orange map grid and causes friendly porters to start hanging out in the area. So if you want more cool hiker pals, beat the poo poo outta those MULEs. :black101:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 11, 2019

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

SardonicTyrant posted:

I just delivered a package to Mountain Knot City and they said they wouldn't join. I got an email saying go back to Mama, but that's a crazy trek and I just want to make sure it lead to plot progression before doing it.

Yes, grab the gear from private locker and head east. On the map, there is a valley that should lead you out of the mountains. Don't do what I did, and skip that valley and then spend 30 mins trying to find the random terrain that would lead me over.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Meshka posted:

Yes, grab the gear from private locker and head east. On the map, there is a valley that should lead you out of the mountains. Don't do what I did, and skip that valley and then spend 30 mins trying to find the random terrain that would lead me over.
Too late!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

This wouldn't be so valid if it weren't for how well Modern Warfare: Whitewashed War Crimes Edition sold

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

This wouldn't be so valid if it weren't for how well Modern Warfare: Whitewashed War Crimes Edition sold
The new COD has a lower critical rating than Death Stranding does.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Where's the lie?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Where's the lie?

NA: 85.3 from 32 reviews
EU: 87.8 from 37 reviews
ASIA: 83 from 5 reviews
SA: 92 from 2 reviews
AU: 74.2 from 6 reviews

I don't know....I'm having trouble finding it myself. Maybe you need a certain level of IQ to figure out where Kojima might be mistaken...

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

homeless snail posted:

I can't even tell if this is satire, that's how absurd this game can be at times.

My one criticism thus far is that I'm still unlocking mechanics that I didn't even know existed way past the point they should have been brought up. Like I just resolved the junk dealer's questline and just got the ability to add grenade and spare batteries slots to my backpack, a thing I wanted since the beginning but didn't think they put in. What other mechanics might I unlock way too late? Some kind of weapon holster? The ability to change Sam's ugly blue jumpsuit? Phantom cigars?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

Some kind of weapon holster? The ability to change Sam's ugly blue jumpsuit? Phantom cigars?
Those are all in the game, and you don't have to unlock them

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
https://imgur.com/qwvaugx

I love it when things like this happen in the game.

(Normal gameplay walking spoiler.)

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

homeless snail posted:

Those are all in the game, and you don't have to unlock them

Could you give me a chapter number for when you get customization for your suit? I do like how the game continually unlocks QOL things, it makes upgrades meaningful, but just curious.

As for recent stories, in chapter 3 I stole a MULE truck and it was a trusty steed through two good standard order runs before it died not twenty feet from chiral network coverage. I just wish I could have given it a good funeral :(

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

f#a# posted:

Could you give me a chapter number for when you get customization for your suit? I do like how the game continually unlocks QOL things, it makes upgrades meaningful, but just curious.

As for recent stories, in chapter 3 I stole a MULE truck and it was a trusty steed through two good standard order runs before it died not twenty feet from chiral network coverage. I just wish I could have given it a good funeral :(
I think its like chapter 1? As soon as you get the private room you can look at your suit on the rack and customize it, I believe. If not then then not long after that

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
you can't change your suit color i don't think. the story picks your color.

speaking of story, this plot has gone full anime. i'm enjoying the ridiculousness of it but he's losing his message.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Wolfsheim posted:

I can't even tell if this is satire, that's how absurd this game can be at times.

My one criticism thus far is that I'm still unlocking mechanics that I didn't even know existed way past the point they should have been brought up. Like I just resolved the junk dealer's questline and just got the ability to add grenade and spare batteries slots to my backpack, a thing I wanted since the beginning but didn't think they put in. What other mechanics might I unlock way too late? Some kind of weapon holster? The ability to change Sam's ugly blue jumpsuit? Phantom cigars?

I want to know when you can change the color of the suit, I really like the look of the light grey suit he wears at the very beginning.

Here's a Tim Rogers tip video btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fet0ujspOIg

Also, I completely missed the Die Hardman briefing that tells you about the mission people have mentioned at the end of chapter 3, delivering something to Fragile, and the codec call with Fragile, because I was listening to a Youtube video and couldn't find the volume. What is it, and how can I avoid triggering it? I'm trying to chill here in episode 3 for a bit longer and I haven't hosed up so far and for no real good reason, I just want to keep up the void out-less run I have so far, plus I just don't wanna mess up and do whatever it is that a few posters on the last page did, it sounds bad.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You'll get a special cutscene when you accept the mission we're talking about, believe me when I say the game makes it very clear this delivery is different than the rest so far as soon as it's in your hands. However: It starts from the port waystation (the first one you unlock in the second region) so just don't accept any plot deliveries from there if you want to keep avoiding it.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 11, 2019

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
I just looked it up. You can change the color of your suit but only once you...beat the main story.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
If I missed a very obvious prompt to actually change your suit instead of just your sunglasses/hat :argh:

f#a# posted:

In my very first successful theft of a MULE truck I loaded it up with three different order hauls and an absurd amount of materials and then immediately panicked in the BT area east of the weather station and drove it right over a cliff. What followed was a frenzied bid to throw up a timefall shelter to try and salvage what was left while also fighting off a nearby BT that was lingering around. It owned and I completed every one of those deliveries, even if a couple packages were like 70% damaged :waycool:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I appreciate how each delivery feels earned after all the crap you have to go through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I might have been thinking about hat color on that one, sorry