Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

This is my first year doing this, so lets all play along nice.

If anyone would like to donate prizes, which I believe have been handed out in the past, please contact me at slothrop.ai@gmail.com

Important Dates:
Sunday, November 17th - REGISTRATION CLOSED.

Sunday, November 24th - All pairings will go out by end of day.

Friday, December 6th - Ship-by Date: Ideal ship-by date. PLEASE do everything you can to have your gift on its way on or before this day.

Sunday, December 22nd - PoniesAteMyBagel-Day (Deadbeat Cut Off): If you have not provided proof of shipping by this date, you will be considered a deadbeat and will be banned.

Make sure you post pics after you get a package, someone went through the trouble and expense to send something to you, thank them!

-Please send the following info in the same format to slothrop.ai@gmail.com.
Subject Line must include your forums username and only your forums username.

-Username
-UserID: (this can be found by clicking on your profile and copying the number string at the end of the url -http://forums.somethingawful.com/me...userid=________)
-Shipping Label Name: (what you want me to send your Santa for him to slap on the shipping label. Real names, fake names, etc)
-Shipping Address: (please include all special info here for deliveries. Indicate if a signed delivery will be required for security reasons and I'll let your Santa know early)
-Santee Shipping: Domestic/North America/International (pick one). I only set this as there are a handful of countries that usually get involved, and it mainly boils down to Canada/US/UK/Nordic Countries/Australia. If it says Domestic and I see you're in Australia, I'll get it.

Your email must have the above information in the order it is listed or I will email you and tell you to reformat it and try again.

Then, you make a post in this thread. In your post please have:
- Any specific requests. If you don't want dicks drawn on the box say so, but I'm not making any promises.
- You may include an optional "do not send" list. Have enough T-shirts, maybe mention you'd prefer a neat little HF gadget/tool than another XL funny car guy t-shirt.

Proof of shipment rule
-No proof and your santee doesn't get a package? You're a deadbeat. When you ship your gift, you must provide proof of shipment. slothrop.ai@gmail.com with the username of the person you're buying for and the tracking information. If anything goes pear shaped, at least we can figure out where. If you live near your santee and want to drop it off yourself, email me and tell me that you did.
-You must provide proof of shipment before the deadline. Please put the tracking number in your email. If you do not have a tracking number, you must EMAIL me a photo/scan of the shipping receipt.
- If you hit any speed bumps, have any questions, or need anything at all you can email or PM me.

Accepted types of proof
- Tracking number from UPS, Fedex, USPS, Canada Post, whatever
- Photo or scanned image of your shipping receipt with your username written on it. Most receipts have the zip code of the recipient, so this is how I will check these.

Gift cost
-Try and keep your gifts in the $20-40 range. Make sure you account for shipping cost. If you can't afford gift plus shipping, please don't register.
- Please do not spend stupid amounts of money on gifts for someone on the internet. Unless you're incredibly wealthy, have some sort of personal relationship with them, or it's loving hilarious and fills you with joy to send
- If you will be moving or traveling a lot during a gift time, please say so in your email and/or post so that I/your santa knows when and where is the best time to send your gift.

If you have ANY questions, concerns or anything you need at all. Please PM or email me!
Donations of scotch for dealing with all this are welcome!

AI:SS EMAIL = slothrop.ai@gmail.com

slothrop fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Sign me the gently caress up, this has never not been great, except for whoever is unlucky enough to get a present from me.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I love this every year, I'll send the registration email when I get home tonight

cakesmith handyman posted:

Sign me the gently caress up, this has never not been great, except for whoever is unlucky enough to get a present from me.

I had a gift from you and it was great, those destroyed roller bearings you sent live in a drawer and still fascinate me.

e: In terms of requests I like little things that are local to your area/country and I'm an L in shirt size

freelop fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 6, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm in for the first time ever. Go team!

please keep packaging clean as it's probably a family member picking it up for me. I'm an ogre to printed tees usually don't fit.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 13, 2019

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Definitely up for another AISS. Basically the same preferences as last year, stickers and/or garage art is always a hit. I ride bikes (bicycles, not motorbikes) way more than I drive at this point so something cycling related would be great too. Electronics and electronic music are of interest as well. Preferably no food due to dietary restrictions and customs issues.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
I'm in as always, details later.

Details:
I've been wearing the same "uniform" for over a decade, so clothes are out.
Don't drink, don't do drugs. Local food is good, nothing with fish in it. Except Swedish Fish, those are great.
Barely turn a wrench anymore, mostly work on underwater equipment/robots.
Own an '07 Fit, '15 GMC 2500HD, and a '98 Jetta TDI. Old VW poo poo is awesome.
I'm into all sorts of electronics.
I SCUBA dive.
Art is cool, dicks are not. Stickers are good.
Jesus, I'm boring, sorry.

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 8, 2019

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

In again.

My shipping address is work related and will go thru a S/R department, so no exterior dicks.

Stickers, hot sauces, snacks, beer/ciders (No IPA/Hopped stuff please), shirts (3XL).
Less sugary snacks preferred.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

In for whatever year in a row this is. I値l post all details later today.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Hopefully this year I don't forget to include a card.

Edit:
I'm cool with pretty much anything. I've got a 1 year old I love spending time with so if it's something we can both appreciate, then even better.

I like beer. I'm really into DJing vinyl and playing with synths lately.
I'm a size medium shirt, but xxl cup ;)

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 15, 2019

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I have emailed my information to slothrop. I will check back in later with my hopes/dreams/fears that can be combined as the recipient of a Christmas gift from a certified AI shitposter :woop:

A Small Car
Aug 24, 2016

I'm in for the first time! I live alone, go nuts on box art :D I don't drink, so alcoholic beverages would be wasted on me. Local flavor type stuff is always fun, I'm an L or XL shirt, don't really have any requests though, I'm easy to please.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
In as always!

No special requests as such, just nothing illegal, send me interesting car-related things from your locale.

cakesmith handyman posted:

I still have that press bearing centre...

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

I知 in. I have a car-crazy preschooler and will likely be sharing whatever I get with him, so young-kid-friendly stuff is great. Neither of us drink, so no booze, please. Shirt size would be 4T, and anything car-related would be cool, though he already has half a dozen Lightning McQueen shirts, so maybe not that. Dick drawings will need to wait till he痴 at least 5 or 6.

Edit: current cars are an F30 328i and an NB Miata.

Steely Dad fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 23, 2019

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm in. Seven year old kid who likes to be involved so toys are a plus, anything regional is a plus. No clothes, no booze, no dicks. I've got a C10, an Opel, a Wrangler, and a boringmobile CR-V, not that anything you send has to be anything even tangentially related.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'm in.

T shirt size large if it matters.
Prefer beer if you're sending booze. I like pales.
I have a 65 C10, a Matrix XRS, a GMC 3500 and a CR-V. Previously I owned an E30, a 128i, a couple Volvo 850 wagons, and an MJ.

Wall art for the shop is great. The bigger, the better.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Somewhat Heroic posted:

In for whatever year in a row this is. I値l post all details later today.

What's up 2016 and 2018 Santee! If I get you again, I'll be sending you hats. Cuz', you know, hat trick!

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm in. Seven year old kid who likes to be involved so toys are a plus, anything regional is a plus. No clothes, no booze, no dicks. I've got a C10, an Opel, a Wrangler, and a boringmobile CR-V, not that anything you send has to be anything even tangentially related.

And my 2015!

I sent stuff to PoniesAteMyBagel in 2013, too. gently caress that guy.

And Paul Boz_ in 2012... :sadfan:

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 8, 2019

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク
I miss sockington

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Sign me up for sure, always a ton of fun

Edit:

T shirt size is medium/large
I own a 2018 Civic Si, 1995 Miata, 2007 Yaris, and 2007 Aprilia Tuono.

I like tools, stickers, toy cars, really anything at all, nothing off limits.

Voltage fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 17, 2019

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
In for another year. Always fun waiting for your junk to be delivered and recieved.

Edit: no dicks i have three kids. 12 9 and 7 there little gearheads like there dad..hats are cool tools are a plus. Stickers are great my work toolbox is covered. Regional stouts are cool. And if the brewery sticker can come with too that's awesome.

clam ache fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 11, 2019

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I'm in.

I may have participated years ago, I don't remember.

Prefer something cheap/free, preferably lying around the house/shed/garage, that is specific to you, and/or your country/region.

I'm no critique of box art. No one will be offended; rather, titillated.

I will do my best to do the same for my lucky, ah, receipient.

May the Lord have mercy on your soul.

VVV that's the poo poo, right there. VVV

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 11, 2019

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

I can actually afford shipping this year!

Please no T-shirts; hats are great!

I work in aviation, so expect a box of broken airplane parts.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I'm in.

Send something weird.

You will get something weird.

superdylan
Oct 13, 2005
not 100% stupid
In, no dicks please I got kids man

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane
I'm in.

Feel free to express your penile artwork.

My list of cars has changed quite a bit this year.

2015 VW Golf
2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
1969 Piper Cherokee

I wear an XL T-shirt and prefer stickers and chocolate to cheap trinkets. Interesting broken stuff is welcome.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm in. Got some fun stuff to share.

Edited:
List of cars, in descending age.

17 Focus ST
13 Outback 3.6R
01 Miata
95 240SX with a 4.6 32V Mod motor.
The disembodied drivetrain of the Gorester

I'm a mens large for shirts.

I also have a 2 year old who loves cars.

Wrar fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 17, 2019

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
Im in, done it 3 times but missed out last year.

Box art is fine, please no clothes. Stickers and tools are awesome. I Drive a shitbox 93 Toyota Levin and we have a 09 Mazda 6/Atenza. Baby Jerk will no doubt get himself involved so a Hot Wheels or something would keep him happy if you feel so inclined. Nothing illegal please.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I wish I could participate this year, but my plans are looking other ways. I will encourage anyone else on the fence to do it. Its good fun and I've enjoyed each time I've done it.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Elmnt80 posted:

I wish I could participate this year, but my plans are looking other ways. I will encourage anyone else on the fence to do it. Its good fun and I've enjoyed each time I've done it.

Same, and agreed.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Absolutely in. Thanks, Slothrop!

These days I'm an elevator guy, so the cars I deal with on the daily go up and down instead of down the road.

That said, I still love my little Mazda 2, my Yamaha biek, and my Radwood Certified El Camino. Totally in to things for that. I also love booze. Tshirt size is large. I lust for the day we can buy French cars in America again.

If you find a Yugo to send I'll pay for shipping.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'm in. I'm not feeling very festive this year so I apologize if my gift kinda sucks. I have a whole bunch of lovely cars and a thread somewhere that I haven't updated in a long time. Weird tools are good, shirts are good (I wear a large), books are good.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

I've never done it before, but I'm giving it a go.

If you're gonna draw a penis on it, it had better make me laugh. I wear a men's medium, but I'm open to anything really (books, food, tools, et cetera). I'm a Honda guy for what it's worth.

nitsuga fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 17, 2019

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I'm in again, I've got some amazing pieces of crap that will wow and amaze my santee already set aside.

Drawings everywhere, or not, I don't care, my next-door neighbour is in her late 80s and might see so keep that in mind. I've got a lot of shirts, but 2XL if you are going that route. I like old Toyotas of the pickup-truck persuasion, own a 2019 Forte. I also like tools, candy, the blood of the innocent, and chocolate milk.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

In again!

Nothing will phase anyone in the house. Do your worst/best :c00lbert:

No specific requests other than no t-shirts. I have enough of those. Any other clothing is more than appreciated however.

Garage is somewhat eclectic. Lowered F-150, RX-8 and a Martini livery Macan.

I have been collecting auto manufacturer promo merch all year for this. My Santee is in for a swag bomb.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Once again, some poor sap will get me as their santa.

No sweets, no shirts, otherwise go hog wild. I like my engines flat and ze german automobiles from stuttgart. I dabble in taking pictures with Canon gear, travel a lot so handy knick knacks are cool, and always appreciate tools and tech junk. Just started doing some motorsports so if you have the secret to going fast...

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

It's the buzzer I love the most. Makes me feel alive. Makes the V8's dead.
Okay, I'm in too. Email sent, I will flesh this out more tomorrow.

Edit:

List of cars in my stable:
85 Mazda RX-7
90 Mazda 323
10 BMW 335i

Please no dicks, family will see this. Neat and unusual tools, Mazda things, regional things are cool, don't commonly wear hats or tshirts. Still have yet to find a repu hotwheels, only have the FB ones.

Sgt Fox fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 24, 2019

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
:siren: Registration Closes in 12 hours (10pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time) :siren:

We also have a small situation to address. sharkytm has contacted me as the current holder of the "King Dick" wrench. I think it goes without saying that this item has some baggage attached to it now.

I've been thinking for a couple of days about the best way to handle this. I don't think it's my place to decide it's fate, so for better or worse I'm bringing it to the thread.

My first instinct, despite the thread title, is to say "throw that poo poo in the trash"

The wrench itself of course isn't evil, it just has some baggage attached to it due to the association with the former owner. We could always find someone to donate it to if it's percieved as a useful item.

sharkytm has offered the following

sharkytm posted:

I can probably melt it with oxy/acetylene, or definitely throw it ceremonially into the sea. Bring it up in the thread, see what the wisdom of the masses says, I'll do whatever the people want.

We are of course open to other options.

Have a think, keep it civil, let me know what your preference is.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I dunno what the item is exactly as I haven't participated in SS for a few years, but if it's a useful tool it should be put to use. Donate to someone and no need to make a big show about it.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Killjoy could melt it into a skull or something.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

angryrobots posted:

I dunno what the item is exactly as I haven't participated in SS for a few years, but if it's a useful tool it should be put to use. Donate to someone and no need to make a big show about it.
As I recall, a rather large combo/open wrench that literally says "King Dick" on it. Pointedly, it was either a reference to or a belonging of a certain shitheel poster who has been permabanned and does not merit further discussion.

On that note, just throw it away. It wasn't anything particularly special that I recall, and no need to drag anyone through any more drama related to him/it.

Edit: It's probably not particularly valuable either/anyway - here's a retailer selling King Dick tools : https://www.abbotstools.co.uk/Wrenches/Wrenches-Combination-Wrenches

Even at 1.29*, they're priced at approximately "gently caress all".

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Ya I would consider anything he owned to now be a cursed object and thus it should be destroyed.