Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Tei posted:

Theres a videogame based on slaping womens in the face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrG0RHvBw7M

...wrog video...

I mean this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg_aBgb5i8s

I think people has played videogames inside their confort zone way too long, we need more "weird" games.

We need more "weird" so people learn to escape their comfort zone a little, or make that zone wider.

Agreed, people should try more unusual games by fresh new voices and less of AAA open world games by old men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stupid idea, but I wonder how Death Stranding would feel with a co-op mode where you and one other player take on deliveries that are big enough to require two people. It would take place in its own region of the game world, that is filled with BTs and Mule camps.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Yeah after reading this thread I am looking again on how I go about handling BT's and Mules. I was about to do a mission during Chapter 3 to rescue some girl but I got so messed up getting there that I am ill prepared to handle whatever comes my way. So debating on either running home to lick my wounds or try and bite the bullet and try to get it done.

I know now in the future I need to be better prepared by shoving everything I have in a mailbox and purposely get into encounters so I dont have another "oops" moment.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Stupid idea, but I wonder how Death Stranding would feel with a co-op mode where you and one other player take on deliveries that are big enough to require two people. It would take place in its own region of the game world, that is filled with BTs and Mule camps.

I have on my game a request by other player to deliver 10 fast frames to a location and after trying to cheese it I finnaly cancelled it. I dont need 1000 likes that much.

The game is fine at it is. It dont need to be grindy or sweaty like it automatically become if it where more a mmo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Beginning of Chapter 4 is nuts

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Haha yeah. Americans are a self loathing bunch.

Reality of it is DS got 1 bad review and 1 mediocre review from outlets in the US that anyone has actually heard of. Saying it flies too high for Americans was kind of a dumb thing to say, but I can't bring myself to really care about it either.

Also the Call of Duty sold well because it's really drat good.

Uh it got a ton of bad reviews though so........uhhhhh

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The REAL Goobusters posted:

It's at 83 on Metacritic. Literally 90% of all major AAA releases that don't end in Zelda or Redemption score between an 80-85 there.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The REAL Goobusters posted:

No it didn't.

American McGay fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 11, 2019

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I was slightly disappointed that the MULEs weren't related to the machines in the old game, M.U.L.E.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

American McGay posted:

No it didn't.

IGN (6.8), Giantbomb (2/5), & Game informer (7) scored it low.

Interesting that IGN Italia gave it 98 and IGN Japan gave it 95. Kojima *probably* is referencing/only cares about that.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
7 isn't low lmfao

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

American McGay posted:

7 isn't low lmfao

Scales are warped but 7 is definitely low. Developers don't get bonuses for 7s.

In the customer service world, a rating less than 7-8 is considered 'acceptable, but not good'. A 6 is considered bad.

I don't necessarily agree with that - but that is how companies operate whether I like it or not.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The bad feedback isn't necessarily coming in the form of bad reviews that go into metacritic. GiantBomb is going to give the game a score of 1-5,which will be one review; meanwhile, Dan says it's loving terrible and one of the worst games ever made, Abbey said she couldn't play it for more than three hours, Vinny and Alex beat it and both really disliked almost everything about it except for Chapter3, Jeff doesn't like it, and Brad's opinion is that he thinks its very weird but can't put it down. The number of prominent people who absolutely hate the game are not reflected in the review scores, and the passion with which they hate it makes it kind of tough to dismiss once you start to see it

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

American McGay posted:

7 isn't low lmfao

Game scores, especially for AAA games, are 7-10, with 7 being unplayable trash.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really doubt Kojima knows or cares about what the entire staff at giant bomb thinks about it.

It's almost certainly this.

Presenting Nipples posted:

IGN (6.8)

Interesting that IGN Italia gave it 98 and IGN Japan gave it 95. Kojima *probably* is referencing/only cares about that.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
i don't know what's going on, but i am enjoying this dumb game

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

American McGay posted:

7 isn't low lmfao

Tell that to the people who didn’t get a bonus that worked on New Vegas

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

I said come in! posted:

Feature request: Two porters carrying a large pain of glass widthwise down paved roads.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I bought the game yesterday and am in chapter 2. What I'd really like is the opportunity to play the game, at some point. It feels like every time I get into a groove the game grinds to a screeching halt so characters tell me the same stuff they told me three cutscenes ago, plus another mandatory bathroom/nap break. I'm a delivery man, let me deliver things for just a little bit without ramming the same exposition into my head over and over again! My understanding is that the game does pick up, but man, this beginning has felt just glacial.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I wish this game supported some pre-loadouts. Like a "MULE Territory, BT Territory, Exploring" general loadouts where you could auto-take stuff from the private locker or fab more stuff as needed and assign it to specific locations. Having to manually tweak everything just so - AFTER you've figured out how you want to handle it - is a bit boring.

Other than that, no complaints.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Zodiac5000 posted:

I bought the game yesterday and am in chapter 2. What I'd really like is the opportunity to play the game, at some point. It feels like every time I get into a groove the game grinds to a screeching halt so characters tell me the same stuff they told me three cutscenes ago, plus another mandatory bathroom/nap break. I'm a delivery man, let me deliver things for just a little bit without ramming the same exposition into my head over and over again! My understanding is that the game does pick up, but man, this beginning has felt just glacial.

Just stick to the plot stuff for chapter 2. Things really open up in chapter 3 and you'll have a lot more tools to use.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Also if you honestly believe the cutscenes are just telling you the same things over and over, skip them.

I will say that you should bum rush Chapter 3 as fast as possible. It's a lot of fun, and you unlock a lot of game-changing stuff and can start making more interesting decisions.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I wish there were like half the amount of story missions. As it is it's taking forever just to see maybe 15 minutes of plot.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

SardonicTyrant posted:

I wish there were like half the amount of story missions. As it is it's taking forever just to see maybe 15 minutes of plot.

Kojima abandoning his fans that just want to see more cutscenes, smdh.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So I just got the zipline, and did the little section with Mama. Now it's telling me to go around the mountain and the initial little explanation showed a route, but afterwards I wasn't given any followup mission. So now I have no idea what direction to go. Am I missing something?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Presenting Nipples posted:

Scales are warped but 7 is definitely low. Developers don't get bonuses for 7s.

In the customer service world, a rating less than 7-8 is considered 'acceptable, but not good'. A 6 is considered bad.

I don't necessarily agree with that - but that is how companies operate whether I like it or not.

In some hospitality companies anything below an 8 is considered a failure and is averaged with the rest of survey scores as a 0.

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

Macaluso posted:

So I just got the zipline, and did the little section with Mama. Now it's telling me to go around the mountain and the initial little explanation showed a route, but afterwards I wasn't given any followup mission. So now I have no idea what direction to go. Am I missing something?

You can pick up an order from the distribution center.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Romes128 posted:

In some hospitality companies anything below an 8 is considered a failure and is averaged with the rest of survey scores as a 0.

When Kojima makes a game about running a hotel (probably for ghosts or dog men or some other poo poo idk) this will be relevant.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Hotel for Dogs of War or bust

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Every time a guest calls the front desk it's a 15 minute codec call about how people are like quarks.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Unless you're going full completionist, ignore the emails about "weird glowing things." What a waste of time.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I wish this game supported some pre-loadouts. Like a "MULE Territory, BT Territory, Exploring" general loadouts where you could auto-take stuff from the private locker or fab more stuff as needed and assign it to specific locations. Having to manually tweak everything just so - AFTER you've figured out how you want to handle it - is a bit boring.

Other than that, no complaints.

I think those features would detract from some of the on-the-fly navigation and situational actions that make the game so much more fun in my opinion.

Having to completely rethink your plan because you're low on defensive tools or climbing gear or your shoes have holes wearing in them or you only have 5% battery left on your magic shoes or your trike with no base or generator in sight have been my favorite moments in the game to come up with a solution on the fly or reprioritize shipments/missions.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

blue squares posted:

Unless you're going full completionist, ignore the emails about "weird glowing things." What a waste of time.

I spent a bunch of time around the incinerator trying to figure that one out. What's up with it?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

DrHammond posted:

I spent a bunch of time around the incinerator trying to figure that one out. What's up with it?

Its just a memory chip on the roof

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

When Kojima makes a game about running a hotel (probably for ghosts or dog men or some other poo poo idk) this will be relevant.

He made a game about being an Uber Eats driver.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When I fire this up today I am just ditching mule trucks for the rest of the game, unless I need to bring supplies for roads somewhere. They just make an already easy game totally trivial and the bike/walking is way more fun anyways.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm the opposite. I have found trucks to be worthless pains in the rear end that get stuck on every single rock and can't deal with the current area where there's a hundred chasms. The truck has been the most worthless thing I've gotten so far. the bike/walking is easier

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
PSA: the mission briefings are different to the ... words the person says when you accept a mission. So listen to the dude say the non-briefing then listen to the actual briefing.

Can I get a yes/no answer on this mountain knot city question, right after I get there the first time: after I delivered them the antimatter bomb, I got an email I only checked later, to visit mama's lab and also get stuff out of the mountain knot city private locker. Do I need the stuff from the locker before I visit mama?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Trucks rule for completing roads cause you can load them up with 10 thousand metals and ceramics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

redreader posted:

PSA: the mission briefings are different to the ... words the person says when you accept a mission. So listen to the dude say the non-briefing then listen to the actual briefing.

Can I get a yes/no answer on this mountain knot city question, right after I get there the first time: after I delivered them the antimatter bomb, I got an email I only checked later, to visit mama's lab and also get stuff out of the mountain knot city private locker. Do I need the stuff from the locker before I visit mama?
You do not, it's just some free gear for your troubles