Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I can kind of understand it. Despite the premise, this game really isn't as weird as Metal Gear Solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Terminally Online Dude: Heh, now Kojima has to be responsible for the loving mess he made all on his own, what is he gonna do now huh?

Kojima: *is responsible for the mess he made*

Terminally Online Dude:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there a good cache of metals in chapter 3? I know there is an absolute buttload of resins and ceramics at the mule camp but I haven't found anywhere with a good stash of metals.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

veni veni veni posted:

Is there a good cache of metals in chapter 3? I know there is an absolute buttload of resins and ceramics at the mule camp but I haven't found anywhere with a good stash of metals.

Each major stop gets like a thousand materials every several hours or so. Maybe twice a day maybe once a day, not sure.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So I accidentally hit a BT for the first time and boy do they do a good job of making it feel tense all of sudden. Ran for my life and barely made.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
By the way, something I don't think the game tells you: If you're carrying lost cargo that goes to a certain waystation, it'll have a little heart icon next to its spot on the map/in your compass. It'll also have a star if it's the next plot delivery destination.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

Each major stop gets like a thousand materials every several hours or so. Maybe twice a day maybe once a day, not sure.

What are the other major stops? I feel like I've been all over and the only thing with supplies is that mule camp. and theres always like 80 metals tops. meanwhile theres like thousands of ceramic and resins. Id ont' even know wth to use resins on come to think of it. The roads don't use them.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

veni veni veni posted:

What are the other major stops? I feel like I've been all over and the only thing with supplies is that mule camp. and theres always like 80 metals tops. meanwhile theres like thousands of ceramic and resins. Id ont' even know wth to use resins on come to think of it. The roads don't use them.

Are you drawing down on metals from DCs and cities? There always heaps. Doing deliveries of supplies with metals puts them into the bank too.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Maybe take a sleep in game to reset or wait till the next IRL day? Not sure

I think small stops have materials too

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JBP posted:

Are you drawing down on metals from DCs and cities? There always heaps. Doing deliveries of supplies with metals puts them into the bank too.

Oh I always forget about the bank.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

You'll never want for metal (hopefully).

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Hate how non-threatening BTs are. Can't really be scared of them when the worst they've done to me is wiggle some crap off my back. Chapter 4 was cool at first until the Mads fight got repetitive as sin. Everything else was cool.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I really enjoy the way the game makes things more difficult but provides a bit of balance for the story and mechanics trying to help you. I think I am nearing the end of Chapter 3.

Going to Lake Knot City to South Knot City. My company network built a road halfway to its destination so Ill go ahead and bring supplies to help the road and leave my vehicle for some other dude to use.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

JBP posted:

You'll never want for metal (hopefully).
The world of Death Stranding is pretty much post scarcity, its pretty sick. Its like an anti survival game because you always have access to the things you need and never have to struggle as long as you're Living In A Society

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I hope this dipshit Roboticist guy who lives in the worst part of the snowey mountain freezes to death

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Macaluso posted:

I hope this dipshit Roboticist guy who lives in the worst part of the snowey mountain freezes to death

So whats up with the snow? Like what mechanics get added to it. Should I wait and find out myself? You can spoil it for me.

I got one IRL friend who is a bit ahead of me and he just warned me about it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Macaluso posted:

Lol "the worst part"

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Nothing like doing some boosted motorcycle stunts trying to ram yourself into the overhead signage, being pleasantly surprised that it has no hit box, then screaming obscenities because you didn’t plan very far ahead and almost veering off an unexpected turn while it’s fifty feet above water

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

JBP posted:

Lol "the worst part"

You don't want to know the convoluted path I took to get up there. Turns out there's a faster way up the right side of the mountain if I had grabbed a car and gone back around. I didn't want to go the other way straight from the mountain base because there was a BT area in between there. And for spoiler reasons, I didn't want to risk it.

My ridiculous path did take me to Heartman's lab, but I couldn't do anything there yet. There was a lot of me slowly climbing up snow and falling down slopes a bunch.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

Just make deliveries and take their materials whenever you stop. I basically take on a bunch of deliveries to the same easy to reach areas and take all their poo poo to build my roads. Some deliveries will dramatically increase a material.

The only thing I keep running short on is chiral crystals. Guess I gotta start hunting BT's.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
This is my first kojima game. Kinda makes me want to go back and play some of the MGS games. I'm probably the only guy who came here because someone told me it was like QWOP.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Romes128 posted:

The only thing I keep running short on is chiral crystals. Guess I gotta start hunting BT's.
My tip once you get the cuffs: crouch walk up to a BT and wait for the prompt. Also makes chapter 6 a breeze

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Impermanent posted:

This is my first kojima game. Kinda makes me want to go back and play some of the MGS games. I'm probably the only guy who came here because someone told me it was like QWOP.
If you are into this you 100% should, its extremely representative of Kojima

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Krataar posted:

Speaking of, if I hypothetically run over a porter with a truck and turn him into a pancake, do I need to find an incinerator?

I knocked out a mule by hitting him with my bike, and then later hit him with it again and he died. Die-Hardman called and started saying something like "Sam... it doesn't matter what happened now, but you've got a dead body on your hands and you have a responsibility to get it to an incinerator ASAP. Even more so if you're the one that caused it." Meanwhile the other mules started kicking my rear end and knocking my crap in the river so I ended up just reloading.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

JBP posted:

Lol "the worst part"

Update: loving god

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Macaluso posted:

Update: loving god

lmao

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
It appears each mule camp specializes in different materials. So one has ceramics, one has alloys, etc

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Romes128 posted:

Whenever I connect a shelter that's kind of out of the way so I don't expect to do a lot of fabricating there, I've just been looting all of their crystals. Not like they're going to use them.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I finished the road to South Knot City. :sludgepal:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ya know, it really is encouraging seeing the "KEEP ON KEEPING ON" sign with the little cheerleader icon :unsmith:

I feel like the social aspects of this game that Kojima set out to do aren't really like anything in any other game, and I feel like they aren't getting enough credit when people talk about Death Stranding. I've seen people compare it to the Dark Souls messages but they aren't really the same

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

They actually have more of an effect on the world itself and you gotta love how keep on keeping on audio plays when you hit it.

They do have a lot of similar functions like warning you if an upcoming area.

But at the same time you never see them your first way through an area while dark souls can spoil you. I like DeSt's method better than DaSo.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 12, 2019

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Macaluso posted:

Ya know, it really is encouraging seeing the "KEEP ON KEEPING ON" sign with the little cheerleader icon :unsmith:

I feel like the social aspects of this game that Kojima set out to do aren't really like anything in any other game, and I feel like they aren't getting enough credit when people talk about Death Stranding. I've seen people compare it to the Dark Souls messages but they aren't really the same
Miiverse existed 6 years ago.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
STOP LEAVING YOUR MOTORCYCLES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD you people are worse than Lime scooters

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So is it possible to actually get rid of all the BTs in an area?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Not permanently. Tried exterminating the wind farm and they came back a few hours later

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Also gently caress this road project. The first few segments were so long but near the end it’s like give us 5000 metal/ceramic to make the road twenty feet longer

I bet there’s some embezzlement going on

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Ok, the whiteout scene in Episode 6 is really good.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I wasn't able to bring my scooter through those big fuckin rocks in BT territory but I was able to get this screenshot

Chillin' like a gangsta

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

SardonicTyrant posted:

Ok, the whiteout scene in Episode 6 is really good.

I did this last night and it's an absolute standout piece of gaming. At the end I had no stamina, Sam collapsed outside the hut and I was just relieved because even though it probably would have been fine it was such a loving massive ordeal. my girlfriend watched the entire thing and said "I'm exhausted from that". goty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

Also gently caress this road project. The first few segments were so long but near the end it’s like give us 5000 metal/ceramic to make the road twenty feet longer

I bet there’s some embezzlement going on

I just spent almost 3 hours building a road way out by the craftsman by myself. It was something like 6000 of each kind of material+ over 1000 crystals which I had to hunt BTs like a motherfucker for. It was my first road I had built, so I imagined this sprawling thing, connecting the rest of the map, like the big one that runs through the middle that other people so kindly finished for me.

I finally haul the last bit of metal over, mentally exhausted from all the tedium but excited to see what I’ve just made. Out pops maybe 200 feet of completely useless road that goes nowhere.

I’m just sitting there like JFC what is wrong with me. What a waste of time. At least I got a trophy. Then I roll back into town and realize that no one has built the first stretch of road and it only needs 100 more metals which are sitting in a case next to it...