Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
yeah i was looking for a decent fire energy weapon in my vault and saw one with dragonfly. went to find dragonfly spec mod, didn't have it apparently. dismantled an item that i had it on. no mod given. wish it had given you stuff you already had on other weapons when they switched over...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Eej posted:

The game will push literally everyone to 2100 very rapidly and from there it slows down.

Starting points 0
my first game lost 0
second game lost 0
first victory 80
another lost 40

I took me 4 games to move from 0 to 40

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Sent in a join req. for 2 Chill 2 Serious. Please invite me. I'm lonely.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Tei posted:

Starting points 0
my first game lost 0
second game lost 0
first victory 80
another lost 40

Sounds like you

Got

O W N E D

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Tei posted:

Starting points 0
my first game lost 0
second game lost 0
first victory 80
another lost 40

For whatever reason my very first game was only 80 pts too, after that it was 150-200 up til mythic and 110-150 til legend.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I think you can go ahead and delete the gun and get your mod, then just pull a new one from collections.

I figured the mod turned into a mod 2.0 in the gun, which won't drop if I dismantle it. If this actually works though I'll french kiss your entire rear end.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Slim Killington posted:

I figured the mod turned into a mod 2.0 in the gun, which won't drop if I dismantle it. If this actually works though I'll french kiss your entire rear end.

It doesn't. It deletes the mod too.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I forgot to melt down my Oxygen Sr3 to get dragonfly spec out of it and when I did it anyway post shadowkeep for cores I didn't get the mod back.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Yeah all those mods went 2.0 whether they're in the gun or not. They issued a warning to people that only mods in the inventory would go 2.0 if you didn't have them. But it was worth a try, it was only a Breakneck and that's straight-up ruined and pointless now.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
What is the difference between the Drifter choices? Is there one better than the other?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Pressing B and never choosing.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Djarum posted:

What is the difference between the Drifter choices? Is there one better than the other?

If you don't want the Drifter to call you Snitch every gambit game, pick Drifter.

Otherwise I don't think there's much reason to pick one or other. There's some exclusive lore books and a triumph, but you can always use an alt to do the other side.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Djarum posted:

Are you a snitch

(or do you just want to get the homeless doomsday prepper the help he desperately needs)

Then you pick the vanguard option

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Pick drifter because he's the best

Duh

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

BRING A SWOHD.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Pick drifter because he's the best

Duh

He's no Shaxx, and if you choose Drifter you make Shaxx sad and are thus the worst guardian in guardian history.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

He's no Shaxx, and if you choose Drifter you make Shaxx sad and are thus the worst guardian in guardian history.

Uncle Shaxx is fine with my endeavors, they make me better in crucru and therefore more deadly overall.

He's pretty laid back since the queen is practicing golden age teledildonics with him

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Meridian posted:

BRING A SWOHD.

HEH HIVE BETTER BRING A SWORHD

timn
Mar 16, 2010
Please don't enable the mentally ill, especially when they've been cavorting with paracausal powers beyond their comprehension. Zavala and the Vanguard need help, not encouragement.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

So I grinded out Thorn and Last Word yesterday and holy moly Thorn is crazy good in PvE.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Glenn Quebec posted:

HEH HIVE BETTER BRING A SWORHD

I've watched his lips as he says that line, and it looks like he's saying "BRING A SWED"

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am finding it was more fun to run around with the Monte Carolo just tossing out throwing knives every couple seconds then it probably should be.

Does the Monte Carlo not have a catalyst? I didn't know that was a thing that could happen.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

IronSaber posted:

I've watched his lips as he says that line, and it looks like he's saying "BRING A SWED"

PING PING PING PIIING

ENOUGH GOOFING AROUND

HEEH HIVE BETTER BRING A SWEHD

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

BadLlama posted:

I am finding it was more fun to run around with the Monte Carolo just tossing out throwing knives every couple seconds then it probably should be.

Does the Monte Carlo not have a catalyst? I didn't know that was a thing that could happen.
Not yet. Guns generally don't get a catalyst when they come out. Izanagi's Burden (Black Armory) didn't get a catalyst until Season of Opulence, Arbalest (Season of the Drifter) doesn't have a catalyst yet, etc.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I grabbed Leviathan and wish ender last night. I have to say, wish ender gets a lot of flak but the overpenetration is great in pve and lmao seeing people glow red in PvP and in something like Moco is amazing.

People think they are slick until you literally have a sanctioned wallhack

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

xzzy posted:

Just grab yourself a couple of streaks and he'll cheer right up and forget all about it

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

timn posted:

Please don't enable the mentally ill, especially when they've been cavorting with paracausal powers beyond their comprehension. Zavala and the Vanguard need help, not encouragement.

Nah, gently caress them

Gonna go fill my rear end with motes and be a summoner pet build in destiny 3

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Never will betray Daddy Shaxx and Momma Zavala for Drifter's strange.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopefully when Bungie drops the inevitable light vs dark, vanguard vs drifter CHOSE YOUR OWN ENDING TO THIS STORY bomb on us in Destiny 3 there's a secret third option where you can side with Shaxx and have fun sparring with other guardians until the universe ends.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Wait theres some sort of story plot with the drifter hobo guy?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

BadLlama posted:

The Vanguard really doesn't like that he's learned how to summon taken and is using them to stage pit fights

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

BadLlama posted:

If you buy an invitation of the nine from Xur and complete the quest you get a pretty wild cutscene/story mission thing

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Draxion posted:

The Vanguard really doesn't like that he's learned how to summon taken and is using them to stage pit fights

Actually they really do

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

If you don’t trust Drifter, you don’t get a seat on his doomsday party bus with the Nine.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Drifter is a hobo/doomsday prepper

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The best bit of destiny lore is how drifter and his ghost hate each other and because of that when drifter would starve to death he'd get revived, still starving.

Think about that next time you roll your eyes at some lameass nolanbot quip.

timn
Mar 16, 2010
To be fair that's on the drifter for being a dick about the whole thing from the get go.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

since my ghost is now a cat, I’m going to interpret that to mean every death now has a very real chance of being my last because it will be too distracted with staring at a bird or licking its butt to remember to revive me

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's really too bad the nature of Destiny essentially made it that the player character and, by extension, their ghost were just boring blank slates for the player to project onto. The other ghosts that get characterization in the lore are really interesting as hell. Also, did you know that despite being created by the Traveler, ghosts are just as much in the dark about poo poo as we are? They are just bumbling along, finding and resurrecting dead humans because that's just what they are supposed to do.

Some of the dark age lore just scratches the surface of this stuff and it's a pretty wild ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I'm really wondering if Shaxx is the reason Destiny's PvP is the first I've stuck with since Halo, or if it's just because Bungie has some sort of magic to it.

I like it when he runs out of words and just screams. :3: