Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Ive left sick chiral boots in boxes all over, hopefully new players are getting access to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I finally got this dang game after Amazon spent the entire weekend all 'bluh I dunno when it's gonna ship bro'. Painfully fitting. I'm gonna piss everywhere.

Lanth
Jun 15, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Clavavisage posted:

Ive left sick chiral boots in boxes all over, hopefully new players are getting access to them

Yeah but usually you can check the previous owner stuff, in this case it's just weird all around, in case you were replying to me.

Maybe it's nothing but the accompanying haunting made it feel important somehow.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I, Butthole posted:

JXNJ-RJN8-D288

Code for the pre-order DLC (Luden avatar, gold cosmetics, dynamic theme) if anyone wants it.

Already claimed, jesus goons move fast :(

Also, while regular Monster is Satan's Piss, the salted caramel flavor Java Monster is surprisingly decent and has substantially less sugar than other canned coffee drinks (Starbucks I'm looking at you)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Isn’t there some way to fill spent blood grenades with blood bags? Or am I imagining that?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

Isn’t there some way to fill spent blood grenades with blood bags? Or am I imagining that?

You mean "used" grenades? Those you have to drop or recycle.

You're probably thinking of the fact that grenades don't actually take blood until you toss them, at which point they take said blood from your bags first, health second.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I assume you’re throwing the grenades and left holding an empty grenade container, therefore no

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gruckles posted:

I had a question about this Did anyone try going to the lake and throwing it in there immediately after reading the description on the tag, without stopping to meet with Fragile about it first? I'm curious if the game will let you skip to that part, and if it changes the following scene with her.
You can yeah, I don't know what it looks like if you do it the right way, but you do still get the Fragile backstory scene.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

precision posted:

You mean "used" grenades? Those you have to drop or recycle.

You're probably thinking of the fact that grenades don't actually take blood until you toss them, at which point they take said blood from your bags first, health second.

Ah, yeah. I actually didn't notice that the grenades actively used blood, because it's been such a non issue. I thought I read that you could refill the containers but I misunderstood.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Dang, Chapter 4 tho

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'd never used the throw function before getting to that point and all I could think of was

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Is there a way to exit the wwi flashback bossfight if you revisit it from the plastic figures near the bed?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Everyone is saying how easy the "boss fights" are but the first couple times they happened I was too busy making GBS threads my pants to be like "heh, you're not so hard, video game!"

E: wonder how this game deals with saving and reloading as regards building stuff. Is it uploaded to ~the cloud~ as soon as you make it, and if you reload your game it stays there?

precision fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 12, 2019

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

precision posted:

Everyone is saying how easy the "boss fights" are but the first couple times they happened I was too busy making GBS threads my pants to be like "heh, you're not so hard, video game!"

Heh, the only hard thing about the first boss was Trying to navigate through the inventory system..

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The biggest mystery in this game for me is the identity of the tarry little goo man that throws you more grenades during the first boss.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Is there anything to do with destroyed/used up containers other than recycle them? It feels like you get so little resources back it's hardly worth the effort. Am I missing something?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ixjuvin posted:

Is there anything to do with destroyed/used up containers other than recycle them? It feels like you get so little resources back it's hardly worth the effort. Am I missing something?

Nah that's it.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
I just started chapter 5, did I miss getting a delivery to the collector in chapter 3, or does that come later?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

JBP posted:

The biggest mystery in this game for me is the identity of the tarry little goo man that throws you more grenades during the first boss.

There are loads of weird little things like that. This hasn't happened in my game yet, but I've seen footage where someone who was getting caught by BTs saw a silhouette and gamer tag of another player being pulled into the goo.

Probably don't need to spoiler that but I'd rather err on the side of caution

Edit: I accidentally hit the touch pad earlier and he goes "My name is Sam" and I heard an echo say "my name is Sam too" :stare:

I'm starting to develop Theories

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Who's your favorite Dad? Delivery Dad, Combat Dad, or Science Dad?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Death Stranding: Three Men And A BB

SardonicTyrant fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 13, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I honestly can’t tell if the junk dealers girlfriend is supposed to be mentally disabled or what.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

veni veni veni posted:

I honestly can’t tell if the junk dealers girlfriend is supposed to be mentally disabled or what.
Someone posted earlier but apparently it's some Japanese pop star that Kojima has a crush on so I guess that makes perfect sense.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

precision posted:

There are loads of weird little things like that. This hasn't happened in my game yet, but I've seen footage where someone who was getting caught by BTs saw a silhouette and gamer tag of another player being pulled into the goo.

Probably don't need to spoiler that but I'd rather err on the side of caution

Edit: I accidentally hit the touch pad earlier and he goes "My name is Sam" and I heard an echo say "my name is Sam too" :stare:

I'm starting to develop Theories

heartman talks a bunch about multiverse stuff and I've read a couple emails from clients that mention they see you making deliveries far too often for it to be physically possible.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

She's a Twitter personality, so...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

Apparently she doesn't actually speak English at all

When I get to that point I'm going to switch to the Japanese voices to see if that helps

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Do I seriously have to bring this hourglass by hand all the way? Might as well just tape R2 down lol.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

veni veni veni posted:

Do I seriously have to bring this hourglass by hand all the way? Might as well just tape R2 down lol.
Oh man, you're in for a treat with that hourglass.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'd love to read up on some of the science behind why we think game worlds are larger than they actually are. Going from one settlement to the other in this doesn't feel like I'm actually going hundreds of miles, but it equally doesn't feel like it's the distance from my front door to the gas station a block away. And it definitely doesn't LOOK that short a distance.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

mysterious frankie posted:

Dang, Chapter 4 tho

I tried to solve this non-violently, but I only had 1 stack of blood grenades on hand going into it, they blew up the soldiers but I didn't get a chance to see what they did on Mads' character. Punching him would just result in him falling over at some point and getting back up, the skeletons as well.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Did you not listen to her moms story on her up bringing?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SardonicTyrant posted:

Oh man, you're in for a treat with that hourglass.

Ahahaha what the gently caress this is so ridiculous.

Clavavisage posted:

Did you not listen to her moms story on her up bringing?

That was before I even went there. I was referring to her infantile dancing and putting the hourglass on her head.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Got to a mission in chapter 3 where I get sent to steal a package back from some MULEs. Turns out it's right in the middle of their base, next to a tent just FULL of resource packages and, interestingly, two trucks. Welp, loaded a truck to capacity with ceramics and metals and drove it back to town and dumped it into a road (jeez, a full truckload barely moved the meter!). And now I guess I'm a truck driver instead of a runner, because I haven't seen any reason to leave my sweet offroad 4x4 and I'm able to cram tons of lost cargo and resources in the back with basically no downside. I guess I have to carry a couple extra PCCs to make generators when it runs out of gas?

I get the feeling I'm missing something when it comes to the MULEs. I get scanned without fail once I start walking around in their territory, and then they just hunt me down from where ever? I take off running and I'm pretty sure none of them have line of sight on me, but they always seem to know where I am. I dropped one of those fake cargo packages once and they still came after me. And then the combat happens, and I just sorta absorb a blow and beat them down by mashing square, or if I want to get fancy I can grab one of their packages and beat the others over the head with it. I just got the bola gun and it's kinda neat but it's the same thing, I can play with it but it's not really any better than just mashing square.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

precision posted:

I'd love to read up on some of the science behind why we think game worlds are larger than they actually are. Going from one settlement to the other in this doesn't feel like I'm actually going hundreds of miles, but it equally doesn't feel like it's the distance from my front door to the gas station a block away. And it definitely doesn't LOOK that short a distance.

I walked from the mountain to South Knot area because no car and I looked back at the mountain and it was pretty awe inspiring despite it maybe taking ten minutes lol

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Phenotype posted:

Got to a mission in chapter 3 where I get sent to steal a package back from some MULEs. Turns out it's right in the middle of their base, next to a tent just FULL of resource packages and, interestingly, two trucks. Welp, loaded a truck to capacity with ceramics and metals and drove it back to town and dumped it into a road (jeez, a full truckload barely moved the meter!). And now I guess I'm a truck driver instead of a runner, because I haven't seen any reason to leave my sweet offroad 4x4 and I'm able to cram tons of lost cargo and resources in the back with basically no downside. I guess I have to carry a couple extra PCCs to make generators when it runs out of gas?

I get the feeling I'm missing something when it comes to the MULEs. I get scanned without fail once I start walking around in their territory, and then they just hunt me down from where ever? I take off running and I'm pretty sure none of them have line of sight on me, but they always seem to know where I am. I dropped one of those fake cargo packages once and they still came after me. And then the combat happens, and I just sorta absorb a blow and beat them down by mashing square, or if I want to get fancy I can grab one of their packages and beat the others over the head with it. I just got the bola gun and it's kinda neat but it's the same thing, I can play with it but it's not really any better than just mashing square.

If you want to sneak into mule camps drop all of your materials and delivery cargo outside their scan ring. Equipment doesn't ping back, they just want your deliverables.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Sneaking into a mule camp is tough because their alarms have pretty good range. Gotta find a spot where there’s a hole in their fence.

Also mules have way better eyesight than mooks in MGSV did, they can see almost as far as you can

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Steve Yun posted:

Sneaking into a mule camp is tough because their alarms have pretty good range. Gotta find a spot where there’s a hole in their fence.

Also mules have way better eyesight than mooks in MGSV did, they can see almost as far as you can

With the nullifier, it’s not even an issue if you got the timing.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think people gave up on building roads in my game. I did 4 segments from the craftsman towards the mountain by myself.

Steve Yun posted:

Sometimes their aim is on point too. I've gotten hit with an electric spear while driving on an elevated road many times.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Romes128 posted:

I think people gave up on building roads in my game. I did 4 segments from the craftsman towards the mountain by myself.

Sometimes their aim is on point too. I've gotten hit with an electric spear while driving on an elevated road many times.

Gotta ziz zag, they can predict where you're going if you go in a straight line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just beat up MULEs. They're chumps and Norman Reedus has a Falcon Punch which I can't consistently get to trigger but it looks equally badass and hilarious