Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

kevin nash is charming, unquestionably loyal to people who treat him well (which cuts both ways) and will never, ever admit that he has made a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

oh but seriously I posted:

kevin nash is charming, unquestionably loyal to people who treat him well (which cuts both ways) and will never, ever admit that he has made a mistake

You’re full of poo poo. Nash has, on several occasions, said he made a mistake where he could have gotten more money for very little work and regrets it.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

oldpainless posted:

You’re full of poo poo. Nash has, on several occasions, said he made a mistake where he could have gotten more money for very little work and regrets it.

wrt booking then, more like oldpendant

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nash is rich and can still walk. That puts him ahead of most of his contemporaries.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Please refer to him as Citizen of the World Kevin Nash

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

coconono posted:

Nash is rich and can still walk. That puts him ahead of most of his contemporaries.

yeah i never really begrudge someone for figuring out how to not have their spine turn to a fine bone mist by the time they hit 40

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Please refer to him as Citizen of the World Kevin Nash

Also Goldberg should only be referred to as a “cult favourite” and his finishers should be known as “the big power spear” and the “inverted lift and slam and pin”.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Just found out there was an early 90s c show jobber named Nasty Ned. Which is a nickname I’ve had since high school.

Hearing Dusty Rhodes say his name during his matches made me feel really happy yesterday.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Did you poo poo in the urinal or something?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is that nickname a pro or con for getting dates in high school

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

Is that nickname a pro or con for getting dates in high school

Depends on if they went to Garbage Pail Kids High School.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Some kid on the summer school bus started calling me that. Then a couple chefs came up with it like 5 years and 3 jobs apart in my 20s.

I figure it’s just an easy one for someone to come up with. There’s probably dozens of nasty neds

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The American Dream posted:

Some kid on the summer school bus started calling me that. Then a couple chefs came up with it like 5 years and 3 jobs apart in my 20s.

I figure it’s just an easy one for someone to come up with. There’s probably dozens of nasty neds

maybe you're just nasty

e: that is a hilarious name to have working in a kitchen

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Just found out there was an early 90s c show jobber named Nasty Ned. Which is a nickname I’ve had since high school.

Hearing Dusty Rhodes say his name during his matches made me feel really happy yesterday.

Nathday Ned if you wheel

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Dusty picked him to win a jobber battle royal on wcw pro. It was literally 9 jobbers and 1997 disco inferno. Who was like one level above jobber.

I definitely have an early 90s jobber body at 6’4.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Did you poo poo in the urinal or something?

i hear he bit the cake

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

So you call her Ms. Jackson, right?

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Gavok posted:

So you call her Ms. Jackson, right?

I call her queen.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE Network is completing the run of WCW Thunder episodes

https://twitter.com/WWENetworkChron/status/1194387619431489537

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Call me when they get all the Saturday Nights and I still won't give the company money, but I'll be bummed I can't throw on the ol' 6:05 mothership whenever I'm bored.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the final episodes of thunder are indeed up

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Was Jim Duggan ever good? Bryan and Vinny hate this man.

Also why does taping your first make it hurt more?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

I don’t remember him being known as a technician in the ring, but my most revisited memory of ol’ Hacksaw is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afNOqwJrT8s

so I cannot claim any expertise in Hacksawlogy

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

NikkolasKing posted:

Not really. He used to be treated more as an actual athlete which played off his college football years and he definitely had the size and presence but he was never a good wrestler. Then he went into whatever the hell his USA HOOOOO 2x4 gimmick is and basically got over without actually doing anything. So he was pretty successful considering the amount of work he put into it but he’s gotta be up there in terms of gimmicks I will never understand or enjoy

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

I’m like 100% certain Jim Duggan is in the B&V Hall of Awesome

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah, early WWF was a very different thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRjOMbEQu0g

He didn't get his gimmick until mid-south:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC2Z9qN0_Rg&t=84s

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

whatever the hell his USA HOOOOO 2x4 gimmick is

Being super patriotic while displaying a lack of working brain capacity, hence fans saw themselves in him and cheered for him.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If Duggan ever seened good, it was in the sense that dropping a solid turd is better than having diarrhea.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hacksaw was good in Mid-South, when he was a heel

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hacksaw owned when I was a kid and I have to say that there has been a certain fascination with seeing him NEVER change his gimmick at all and somehow remain exactly as over for the entire rest of his career.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it was a very brief period of time but when hacksaw had just come back from cancer and was booked against goldberg and knew he was going to be slaughtered but still dedicated the match to his children and said he was going to do his best it was one of the few parts of 1999 wcw that i actually really liked and it was the most endeared i ever was to hacksaw

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Duggan also refused to lose cleanly, having almost all of his matches end in count-outs and brawls to the back. OSW Review has done almost every PPV from when he was in WWF and he's lost clean twice.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

He also, for whatever reason, won the first Royal Rumble.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It was 1988, and he was popular at the time.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Regardless of how you feel about him, the man was very over

And yeah Jim Duggan used to the top heel for Bill Watts as part of a crew called the Rat Pack, with Ted Dibiase and Matt Borne

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

NikkolasKing posted:

If you tape your fist, your knuckles are less likely to break if you punch harder

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

And yeah Jim Duggan used to the top heel for Bill Watts as part of a crew called the Rat Pack, with Ted Dibiase and Matt Borne

that actually sounds pretty rad

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, Duggan was good in Mid-South, where his strengths were accentuated and his weaknesses hidden.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Duggan also refused to lose cleanly, having almost all of his matches end in count-outs and brawls to the back. OSW Review has done almost every PPV from when he was in WWF and he's lost clean twice.

How on earth did Duggan have any kind of pull? He's was popular sure, but he was a popular midcarder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ChrisBTY posted:

How on earth did Duggan have any kind of pull? He's was popular sure, but he was a popular midcarder.

Hes a college educated man.