Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tertius Oculum posted:

Checking the PS4 Trophies...

91.4% have completed Episode 1.
46.1% Completed Episode 2...
13.5% Completed Episode 3.

I just completed Episode 7 and its considered Ultra Rare lmao 4.5%

EDIT: Patch 1.05 just came out.
Its pretty steady from 3-5 also, and then a sharp drop at episode 6 (which if you're like me and can't remember offhand which chapter is which by the number, that's Mama) lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Wow what's this huge update going to do

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

JBP posted:

Finally, MGSV Chapter 3 is here, Punished Bridges let's go

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
That chapter 6 intro cutscene is something fuckin else.

This game owns bones.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Tertius Oculum posted:

Possibly if you both sleep in the same area and enter that "Repatriate mode" (when everything is underwater and you're floating around) and you just have to swim around and find your buddy. It shows usernames and you just swim up to them and it connects. I have no idea what it does lmao
I'm asleep, I'm not entering repat mode. Is there some button or... what?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Regarding BB:

Reading this thread, it seems it comes at totally different points in the game when Sam starts calling him Lou. It is revealed later on who Lou is, but could the point once Sam starts that be connected to the BB level? I drove a lot of trucks, slid down a lot of hills and rode a lot of ziplines as soon as I could build them, and also often ventured through BT territory on porpuse because I liked it....each of those things increases the BB level, and my Sam started calling him Lou way sooner than what others reported here.

I mean, there has to be a point in the game where it happens automatically, I assume after the Clifford chapter, but Sam started calling mine lou out of nowhere.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Argh, new patch right when I'm in a large BT zone?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

JBP posted:

I don't understand why companies sometimes release patches without patch notes

Edit: on the icon itself all it says is "various performance improvements"

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

DaveKap posted:

I'm asleep, I'm not entering repat mode. Is there some button or... what?

IDK I did walk away to get something to drink, maybe it takes a minute or two idle.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

JBP posted:

Some game engines don’t pack their content into small enough chunks so when they patch you gotta download a bunch of redundant data since they just send you a replacement for a bundle of game files instead of just what they changed.

What I’m saying is there’s probably nothing in the patch and they likely updated like 2 textures.

Tertius Oculum posted:

IDK I did walk away to get something to drink, maybe it takes a minute or two idle.

You probably died while idle lol. I’ve let Sam sleep a ton and never had it do that.

Calipark fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 13, 2019

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

What is there to improve?

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

According to Update History on PS4 its
"Various performance improvements"

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Pissing efficiency has been increased by about 70%. It took a very large patch to accomplish but I think you'll find it was worth the added filesize.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Only on chapter 3 but am I supposed to like Fragile? She's seriously irritating me whenever she gets in my face or enters my room.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Something funny I noticed: The game runs at 60 fps!

...in the main boot-up menu before you start/load your game. :downs:

But hey, kinda neat. Maybe a little indicator that the game was made with eventually coming to PC in mind from the beginning?

Rookoo posted:

Only on chapter 3 but am I supposed to like Fragile? She's seriously irritating me whenever she gets in my face or enters my room.

Without spoiling anything: She'll stop being so mysterious soon, maybe you'll like her more afterward.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Nov 13, 2019

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
It’s anime. Just keep plowing along.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

i was "snowboarding" down the mountain and i saw 3 porters on their way up so i tried to Like them on the way down, accidentally smashed into one of them and got docked 100 Likes

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I rocked up somewhere and went to deliver the stuff I wanted only to find it wasn’t on me. I didn’t crash or fall over. Is there a way to find my poo poo :(

Also I’m about to take a mission in chapter two to port knot city where they are giving me gamey type warnings about “you’ll be going across a lake after this- make sure you do what you need to!” But I still have some missions open, notably a mission where I’m meant to fight a BT (I think to test the blood Grenades- I still haven’t seen a BT yet other than the floating thing, like I haven’t been caught)

How serious is that? Should I mop up a bunch of missions around first?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You'll be able to come back after a while, but any orders you currently have will be canceled once you go ahead with what the game's suggesting.

edit: If any orders do get canceled, you can pick them up and start them over once you return to where you got them. Nothing will be lost forever. You should definitely do the BT thing first though (one of the floating ghost dudes will do).

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Nov 13, 2019

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Well the end of chapter 5 certainly went places. :stare:

But it's the kind of stuff I look for in Kojima games. :getin:

I look forward to the rest of the game even more now.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Edit: lol, never mind.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Nov 13, 2019

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I’m climbing mountains, it’s back to the fun grind of the first chapter again

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Maya Fey posted:

i was "snowboarding" down the mountain and i saw 3 porters on their way up so i tried to Like them on the way down, accidentally smashed into one of them and got docked 100 Likes

I thought the first two I saw were mules and bolo'd them.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
https://twitter.com/merrittk/status/1194473917118844928

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Tertius Oculum posted:

According to Update History on PS4 its
"Various performance improvements"

It does have some considerable frame drops in certain areas when exiting menus on PS4 even with an SSD. Maybe the patch will buff those out.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Love throwing piss at ghosts while delivering a timevault filled with cum

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo this mountain was a better boss fight than chapter 4

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I just got to chapter 4, seems pretty cool so far!

FAUXTON posted:

Love throwing piss at ghosts while delivering a timevault filled with cum

Just like Stanley Kubrick knew, precious bodily fluids...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Steve Yun posted:

Holy poo poo this mountain was a better boss fight than chapter 4

It's amazing.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Heavy Metal posted:

I just got to chapter 4, seems pretty cool so far!

Just like Stanley Kubrick knew, precious bodily fluids...

THE INTERMUNICIPAL HEARTMAN PLOT TO DIVERT AND PURIFY MY PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Plot hole: If Fragile got drenched in timefall and has an old woman's body, why that rear end look so tight in those leggings?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Phenotype posted:

Plot hole: If Fragile got drenched in timefall and has an old woman's body, why that rear end look so tight in those leggings?

it's a stillsuit

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

^^ Yeah well she "still" got a poppin rear end

Took the day off sick yesterday and put another good four or five hours into the game, I've got to be at least halfway through Chapter 3 by now. (Right? I just got the first missions to go see the junk dealer and the film director. How long is this drat game?)

It's interesting, I'd typically spend more time with a AAA game but there's something kinda draining about Death Stranding. It's not really FUN moment-to-moment most of the time, crawling through BT areas is tense even though they're not very challenging mechanically, and the atmosphere is really dark and depressing. I will say that I think the game is good nevertheless -- there is something very rewarding about creating your own routes through the wilderness -- but I think the real triumph here is that Kojima managed to capture the feelings he was going for with the social aspects of the game. It is really, really satisfying to see a bunch of ladders and bridges and signs dotted throughout this nightmare landscape as proof that lots of people are here with me, and we're all hanging together to get through. Or when I get a bunch of likes pouring in because people appreciated the stuff I've put down to help them on their travels. It sounded pretentious as all gently caress when Kojima said it, but DS really DOES aim a bit higher than a game like Modern Warfare, and I'm appreciating it more as an experience than as an actual video game.

Bitch Twinkles
Nov 5, 2007

HAVE COURAGE PLAY ST MODE
I thought I read about there being nothing missable in this but (equipment/story spoiler) did I gently caress myself out of the HG custom gun upgrades by beating Higgs? When I saw the email that revealed him as pizzaman, I realized I forgot to go back after the first pizza delivery. Are there any other missable gear upgrades lol

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Peter Englert is a real son of a bitch.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Death Stranding reminds me of what the devs for the Last of Us said in regards to its violence, it's not really meant to be fun, but it is meant to be engaging. I feel that way about DS. It is not traditionally fun, and that's fine if it's purposeful. But I do find myself going back to it. Almost feels like bouldering; exhausting work but satisfying to figure out the routes and problems before you.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Sure let me haul this loving bottle of champagne across a mule camp and bt infested hellhole without using anything but my hands to carry it, no problem buddy.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

tweet my meat posted:

Sure let me haul this loving bottle of champagne across a mule camp and bt infested hellhole without using anything but my hands to carry it, no problem buddy.

*Gives you a gold star to stick on your leg*

:thumbsup:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

*Gives you a gold star to stick on your leg*

:thumbsup:

I mean I'm not saying I won't take the gold star, just that these pizza deliveries are getting pretty unreasonable.

For real though this has been a super fun delivery chain and has some of the few deliveries outside of the mountain areas that are an actual challenge, plus they take me back to areas that I don't usually have much cause to return to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Wait are you telling me I can't finish the loving pizzas because it's Higgs and I (Fragile) already killed him!?