Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Welp, went for the Legendary Buck, for the decorative perk jewelry, wasn't too bad.

Except for the six wolves chasing a couple riders that decided to come after me instead. (Well, me and my 12 gauge pump. Poor skins? Ain't that a shame.) Followed by a cougar chasing different riders. (Omar huntin', kitteh.) A quick trip back to the Trapper up there, through the O'Driscoll camp, and...

...two more wolves just as I got to the first clue. :staredog:

Otherwise, it was a pretty simple hunt. Fully modded Springfield with Express ammo, Deerminator taking four good headshots to drop, the usual.

Bonus: on the trip back to camp, came across a Klan party. Them boys sure is flammable, ain't they? :supaburn::sherman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

I can't for the life of me set up my hunting camp online (pc). I've read that forming a temporary posse and then setting the camp location might help, but it doesn't work for me. Anyone have a solution to this?

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Freudian slippers posted:

I can't for the life of me set up my hunting camp online (pc). I've read that forming a temporary posse and then setting the camp location might help, but it doesn't work for me. Anyone have a solution to this?

Try either switching to a new session (sometimes it will automatically respawn your last camp) or putting your camp up in a different district then the one you want it to be in. Yeah you have to spend money on the latter problem but it's really not difficult to make money in the game.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Ygolonac posted:

Bonus: on the trip back to camp, came across a Klan party. Them boys sure is flammable, ain't they? :supaburn::sherman:

Yup reckon so

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I poopsocked a lematt and it truly is a badass pistol.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Freudian slippers posted:

Setting up camp online is super iffy, which is annoying since the Trader role relies so much on it.
The most reliable I've found is to start a bounty hunt, which seemingly puts you in a "solo" session for a bit, and set up camp during it. Fast travelling somewhere else also often fixes it. It seems to vary a lot depending on how busy the server you're on is. I can't tell what the intended behavior is for camps but seems a crapshoot on whether or not it'l be there when you log back in, or where it is. If it were free to set up I wouldn't mind as much but fast travelling and setting up camp each time you log ain't free, and Cripps disappears the camp whenever he feels like it.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Yeah, it's annoying as poo poo. Still, thanks for the tips, though. I'll try fast travelling, switching sessions and bounty sessions after I'm done collecting all the coins

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

I am a bootlicking scab who loves seeing people be paid less than living wages. If the workers don't like it they should just kill themselves. Let me know who is organizing so I can report them to management. I pine for the days of the Pinkertons.
Can anyone tell me how to rest/craft on the pc version of the game? (keyboard) Thanks.

Google is zero help, only says how to do it on console. And don't see it in the keymapping menu.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Wizard Whateley posted:

Can anyone tell me how to rest/craft on the pc version of the game? (keyboard) Thanks.

Google is zero help, only says how to do it on console. And don't see it in the keymapping menu.

Hold down the 'get on horse' key when you're not near anything to interact with. Should be 'e' by default I think

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Is there a trainer/cheats for this yet? I played this on console to completion and don't wanna grind again but would like to see how it looks on my PC.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Is there a trainer/cheats for this yet? I played this on console to completion and don't wanna grind again but would like to see how it looks on my PC.

There's a trainer by FLiNG that does the usual: Infinite hp, stamina, dead eye, horse health, horse stamina, infinite ammo, no reloading, infinite items, and a modifier for how fast the game runs. Infinite health doesn't stop instant death (falling off cliffs, QTE deaths, getting shot in the head, etc)

edit: trainer is just the first cheat engine table turned into a trainer though if you wanna use cheat engine instead: https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=10773 edit 2: game seems to have starcraft 2 style code mutating going on so crashes may happen once in awhile, not sure if that got sorted yet.

edit: all of this stuff only works in offline mode it will either not work or just get you banned in online mode

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 13, 2019

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Upgrading your saddle bag let's you hang more birds and such on your horse online right?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Metapod posted:

Upgrading your saddle bag let's you hang more birds and such on your horse online right?

I think it only lets you carry 2 more outfits from your wardrobe, and doesn't actually increase loot carrying capacity at all.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Lol I just got arrested for telling some street punks in Saint Denis to beat it. Whatever.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
PC update coming out today to resolve the stuttering/freezing issue among other things according to Rockstar. Some freebies for online as an apology if you play online this week.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/61225/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-For-PC-Update

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

PC update coming out today to resolve the stuttering/freezing issue among other things according to Rockstar. Some freebies for online as an apology if you play online this week.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/61225/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-For-PC-Update

Rockstar Patch Notes posted:

SOLVED - all stuttering/freezing issues on all PC configurations

NEW - all PC configurations now fail to load

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
The BES limiter fix stopped working for me today, so that's pretty good timing.

(I can't wait to see what else breaks)

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I need to stop dropping my guard in free roam, I've died an embarassing number of times to animals.

"Oh sure, I'll help that dude in the tree surrounded by cougars, it won't be bad at all!" *3 vicious mauling deaths later* "drat that's a lot of scratch marks on my character."

"Hehe, stupid, slow gators die so easily. I'll just get down off my horse and help that stranger... hey, what's that red dot coming at me? Noooo, why did you switch back your revolver you stupid gently caress!" *chomp*

"Great, wolves chasing me on horseback. I'll just pop them off with my shotg..." *crashes into rock and gets thrown off horse* "Hmm... now I'm on the ground with a sliver of health left and 4 wolves surrounding me. loving hell"

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

At least you haven't been steamrolled by a young buck whilst trying to take in a scenic clifftop view.

Horse talk is from pages ago, but I've got my starter horse still named Dogmeat and Lawrence the Arabian (but she's Larry the Stable Guy to friends).

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Toaster Beef posted:

(I can't wait to see what else breaks)

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I have a fat lady roan named Maggie Thatcher and the fat man horse is BIG BOJO

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Killed by an annoyed goat. :(

Also bitten (but not killed) by a muskrat :wtf:.

When the stables unlocked, I swapped from the original Arthurhorse to my preorder bonus one, and "Roach" has been pretty excellent. A mite slow, but he did make the 5-minute Valentine/Rhodes run. "Aww, horsie tired? Here, have a sugar cube. Wrapped in Cocaine Gum." :horsedrugs:

Does dynamite fishing work?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Horsies chat is an opportunity for photos!! but also sharing how you didn't name yours roach, again.

Here's my starter horse Toothpaste, named for the white stripe down the nose (that I later learned like every horse has).

And my current steed, a chestnut red Arabian powerhouse named Evenings on Mars

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

Ygolonac posted:

Does dynamite fishing work?

Sure does, but they'll be 1 star or destroyed completely. You can even scare fish onto shore (not with dynamite) so they beach themselves and you can just pick em up. They're 3 stars every time, too.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Sure does, but they'll be 1 star or destroyed completely. You can even scare fish onto shore (not with dynamite) so they beach themselves and you can just pick em up. They're 3 stars every time, too.

Huh, I just Mauser'd a couple because they were close to shore.

I dearly hope actual fishing is not as bitchy as Far Cry 5's version.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Did anything ever come of those NPCs who had green eyes and looked like zombies that were getting reported a few months ago?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Gay Horney posted:

Did anything ever come of those NPCs who had green eyes and looked like zombies that were getting reported a few months ago?

You mean the Core i5 testers? :zombie:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Ygolonac posted:

You mean the Core i5 testers? :zombie:

speaking of, sure would be cool if that patch would drop

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Zigmidge posted:

Horsies chat is an opportunity for photos!! but also sharing how you didn't name yours roach, again.

Here's my starter horse Toothpaste, named for the white stripe down the nose (that I later learned like every horse has).

And my current steed, a chestnut red Arabian powerhouse named Evenings on Mars

I was going to name my Ardennes war horse Marshall Neigh but for some reason this game has a filter on what you can name your horse on single player, and "Marshall" is apparently profanity.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Rockstar's censored word list has never made much sense. It's the same list as the one in GTA Online if anyone was curious. Don't be trying to name your horse gargoyle :v:

https://i.imgur.com/10wRSQC.mp4

The animation glitches are my fav.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 14, 2019

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So has the patch actually dropped yet? I didn't notice any downloads and trying to play at all gives me stutter so I'm thinking no, but I wanted to be sure.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

UnknownMercenary posted:

So has the patch actually dropped yet? I didn't notice any downloads and trying to play at all gives me stutter so I'm thinking no, but I wanted to be sure.

Negative. Also the new Nvidia drivers really tanked my performance so I rolled them back. Luckily that was super easy to do.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Negative. Also the new Nvidia drivers really tanked my performance so I rolled them back. Luckily that was super easy to do.

Weird. Rockstar still hasn't refunded my game so I tried the new drivers and I'm getting solid performance albeit still crashing from time to time regardless of BES or Process Lasso

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Gay Horney posted:

I was looking at this guy hanging off a tree and then a bunch of people exactly like this stumbled towards me until I caught a jackknife in the chest from the ‘zombies’ behind me.

It scared the gently caress out of me but I assumed they were like swamp people or some poo poo (nor could I find them again after respawning)

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo
those were nite folk. if you're yee-hawin' around the swamps in lemoyne and see a weeping woman consider giving it a wide berth

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Love the brutal kill-cam headshots

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Squirrel Burger posted:

those were nite folk. if you're yee-hawin' around the swamps in lemoyne and see a weeping woman consider giving it a wide berth

It's fine it's fine, I wouldn't worry about that

I hope we get more Nite Folk content, they have a high potential for Weird poo poo

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I'm gonna need the best ,"hit a fence or low branch and was comedically thrown off my horse." Videos.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

I got the Legendary Buck! Spent 2 days camping, got chased by wolves, knocked down by boars and killed by some crazy bear but it was fun. I don't have the fence to turn in for the trinket (only the wagon one), but thanks to whoever recommended it to me. I also managed to get perfect coyote, deer, rabbit and boar pelts each so that was a very satisfying evening.

I'm really loving this game, it's so enchanting just riding around moonlit fields with no clear direction and finding new stuff like hideouts, animals and stranger quests. I only discovered a small section of the map it looks like, but there's so much content already. I'm surprised with how fond of Arthur I'm getting considering I usually have no interest in the western cowboy archetype, but he's just so well done. Already can't wait to finish whatever the gang has to deal with and retire him in some nice quiet lakeside house along with some horses, maybe a dog and just camp there forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
My game just downloaded a patch, curious to see if it fixes the broader issues at all.

EDIT: Will try the Nvidia patch too.