Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
What in the loving gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Lol.

https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/1194298167824650240?s=19

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Seconding every parsec of love for The Mandalorian, holy biscuits this would have blown my mind at ten.

Fake edit because I left this post open and kept watching: holy poo poo lmao, this loving show, I'm so completely, hopelessly sold.

E AAAAAA LANDO <--I'm leaving this for posterity but it's wrong and I'm stupid

E2 oh my God I recognize every single alien, this is like a heartfelt apology for episodes I-III. Ok I have to close the thread or I'm going to keep doing this

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 13, 2019

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Inspector Hound posted:

E AAAAAA LANDO
Did I miss something? Where was he?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

10 Beers posted:

Did I miss something? Where was he?

Right after the ice planet and the ship at the start, he's the guild contact who sends our man to...the bounty

Also oh my God that's the only episode up so far, it was so cool

vvv THIS vvv

mystes
May 31, 2006

The Mandalorian feels like it's what the new star wars movies should have been. I hope it can keep it up.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Have they said how long after the home release a new movie will take to show up on Disney+?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

10 Beers posted:

Has anyone else watched Daybreak on Netflix? Just finished it and I found myself really enjoying it.

I was entertained the whole way through but like many Netflix series aimed at young audiences it tries too hard, has a very Nickolodeon-ish feel, pads out a thin story with lots of character centric episodes (not necessarily a bad thing) and the ending did the GOT/Bran thing where the least valuable character inexplicably seizes power. On the upside it's exciting, has good characters, mostly excellent casting, and is easy to watch.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Inspector Hound posted:

Right after the ice planet and the ship at the start, he's the guild contact who sends our man to...the bounty

That wasn't Lando, dude.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

teagone posted:

That wasn't Lando, dude.

Oh I'm dumb then

Fake edit after googling: I'm especially dumb, I recast him completely in my head lol

E2 Jesus have I ever even seen star wars, whatever this show is still 10/10 even if this particular fan has face blindness, please don't let my idiocy taint your opinions going in

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 13, 2019

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Do not watch the live action Lady and the Tramp. It is so so so terrible. How was an animated film more subtle?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Have they added a Hulu no ads option to the disney+ package? t's loving annoying cause I'd pay the extra but I'm not loving with Hulu+Ads

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

teagone posted:

That wasn't Lando, dude.

Haha, I was super confused! But yeah, definitely not Lando.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Inspector Hound posted:

E2 oh my God I recognize every single alien, this is like a heartfelt apology for episodes I-III. Ok I have to close the thread or I'm going to keep doing this

Or if you ask many Star Wars fans, an apology for the Disney Star Wars movies and a return to form of the Prequel era.

The pilot is directed by Dave Filoni after all.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The MSJ posted:

Or if you ask many Star Wars fans, an apology for the Disney Star Wars movies and a return to form of the Prequel era.

The pilot is directed by Dave Filoni after all.

I would never ask them anything anyway.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Mandalorian loving rules.

I'm a huge Disney Parks nerd but even if you're not The Imagineering Story is very well done.

Also today I learned Smart House was directed by Levar Burton.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I can confirm that The Mandalorian is indeed badass.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Mandalorian is amazing but not as good as The Last Jedi.

But that’s okay. I crave more.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

Would you like some Tums for that spicy hot take?

mystes
May 31, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

I'll give you this one because I can't be bothered to make it through all of the Last Jedi to know whether this is accurate or not.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea I mean it's only one episode so I would hesitate to make any judgments just yet, but so far The Mandalorian is excellent.

My only complaint is that I wanted him and his robot buddy to keep having adventures but instead he had to kill him. Oh well.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The robot is Taika Waititi, even.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

Yea I mean it's only one episode so I would hesitate to make any judgments just yet, but so far The Mandalorian is excellent.

My only complaint is that I wanted him and his robot buddy to keep having adventures but instead he had to kill him. Oh well.

The silhouette of the robot buddy shows up on a bunch of the promo materials, wouldn't be surprised to see him again

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sock The Great posted:

The silhouette of the robot buddy shows up on a bunch of the promo materials, wouldn't be surprised to see him again

It also never occurred to me that they could easily just have the Mandalorian meet different individual droids of the same model.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Re: Mandalorian, is there some obvious reason he says "no droids" in the taxi scene?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Midgetskydiver posted:

Re: Mandalorian, is there some obvious reason he says "no droids" in the taxi scene?

Racism.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Midgetskydiver posted:

Besides I guess tracking him, based on the ending of the episode we find out they can be programmed to self destruct

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I was thinking too that you can't really read a droid. A trained killer can look at a dude and say, 'Yeah I don't trust you.' Can't do that with a droid. For a guy like Mr. Mando, a droid is a liability more than anything else.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Midgetskydiver posted:

His flashback during the forging scene shows he’s a war orphan who likely lost his parents to a droid attack in the Clone Wars.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
A lot of people in Star Wars are prejudiced against droids. This is already established.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

beanieson posted:

Jack Ryan was so dumb this season. The secret plot to mine for valuable minerals in their own country didn’t require any cover up at all, meaning there was never any reason to kill the senator.

What should have happened was they go down to Venezuela and ask about what’s up, and the government tells them its a mining operation, mind your own business and then they just leave the country.

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this. I kept waiting for them to uncover an actual illegal conspiracy other than hiring a hitman and whatnot. I feel like I missed something..

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Why does Disney+ have to have something good? I don't want to subscribe to yet another streaming service :sigh:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Family Values posted:

Why does Disney+ have to have something good? I don't want to subscribe to yet another streaming service :sigh:

How many episodes is The Mandalorian? I was expecting maybe 8 or 10 which would air over the course of a few months and then I'd just cancel.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

How many episodes is The Mandalorian? I was expecting maybe 8 or 10 which would air over the course of a few months and then I'd just cancel.
In that case you might as well just subscribe for one month when it finishes?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

I have no willpower

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

mystes posted:

I believe there’s a free one month trial, and that’s my exact plan.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's a generous seven day trial.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's a generous seven day trial.

Probably still enough time 🤷🏻‍♂️

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Verizon offers a year of D+ for anyone with Unlimited cell service or FIOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

FWIW I think this is kind of overshadowed but it sounds like even if you have Hulu w/ no ads you can get a $6 monthly credit towards Disney+

https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/12/20962050/disney-plus-hulu-bundle-how-to-sign-up

I signed up on that D23 3 year deal so I'm just sort of set for a while, but might be worth looking into.