Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Hihohe posted:

I'm gonna need the best ,"hit a fence or low branch and was comedically thrown off my horse." Videos.

https://i.imgur.com/SKqDjeZ.mp4

Will inattentive teammates do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Noirex posted:

I got the Legendary Buck! Spent 2 days camping, got chased by wolves, knocked down by boars and killed by some crazy bear but it was fun. I don't have the fence to turn in for the trinket (only the wagon one), but thanks to whoever recommended it to me. I also managed to get perfect coyote, deer, rabbit and boar pelts each so that was a very satisfying evening.

That area's one of the best hunting grounds, I've found. Plenty of cougars, wolves, and bears spawn there, and there's a trapper conveniently nearby.

Also, if you need beaver pelts, you'll find plenty of them in the lake to the south.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Noirex posted:

I got the Legendary Buck! Spent 2 days camping, got chased by wolves, knocked down by boars and killed by some crazy bear but it was fun. I don't have the fence to turn in for the trinket (only the wagon one), but thanks to whoever recommended it to me. I also managed to get perfect coyote, deer, rabbit and boar pelts each so that was a very satisfying evening.

You can craft a trinket at any fence. You don’t turn in the antler or whatever, just go to craft and the fence makes it for you. A few trinkets require extra crap that’s hard to find (meteorite, quartz chunk) so don’t sell those things when you get them.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Did the game update on Epic store? What is the current version number reflecting today's patch? This is a nightmare.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Zigmidge posted:

https://i.imgur.com/SKqDjeZ.mp4

Will inattentive teammates do?

God drat, that made my nose and face hurt just watching it. loving ouch.

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009
Trying the patch now. It looks like you have to edit the launch options because the stuttering fix isn't enabled by default:

-cpuLoadRebalancing

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360038940333/Graphics-stuttering-or-stalling-in-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-on-PC

e: this fixed it for me.

Autistic Speculum fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Nov 14, 2019

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

The horse riding physics are the best for unintentional comedy. I was hunting the legendary bounty Doyle in online and had made it through the beginning shootouts and chase with her gang, and was close on her heel to lasso her off her horse.

Rode full speed and face first into a way sign and did a back flip of my horse, which ran into the post and was flopping around on the ground. I was experiencing a weird mixture of frustration and amusement. In the end I caught her, otherwise I'd have been more pissed.

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo
comedy options really open up with the hangman card

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Well, the patch fixed the game for me. Everyone should try again if they were having issues before. The only issue I still have is the loving mouse cursor won't disappear lol

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Latest patch really did improve performance for me. I get a LITTLE tearing in Valentine still, but seems to mostly be better. Was able to turn up my settings, I hope the bigger patch they're working on the next few days fixes the remaining stuttering.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
I have zero stutter now, although I was stuttering quite a lot any time I entered a town or populated area. For the record I do not have an i5 cpu either, so I'm very pleased with this patch. Never dipping below 60 fps now. Yee haw.

e: note that I AM using the command line argument

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
I'm running a 2080ti and a 9900k and the game kept crashing to desktop within 5 minutes or so of starting up, showing the "launcher quit unexpectedly" error. I just played for about an hour and it was smooth sailing, getting about 60-70fps on moderate settings. I am very pleased they managed to fix it.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Does the R* Launcher have any kind of game management? Checking local files, seeing when updates were installed, that sort of thing? Basically, anything outside of hitting "play" ? It's kind of dumb you can't see when / if you're patched up.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Fishstick posted:

Does the R* Launcher have any kind of game management? Checking local files, seeing when updates were installed, that sort of thing? Basically, anything outside of hitting "play" ? It's kind of dumb you can't see when / if you're patched up.

Yeah, click game, then settings.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Not a single hitch on an i5 6600k and 1070 GTX using the launcher argument, no longer using BES and Process Lasso. Yeehaw :toot:

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Ran around camp a bit. All good. Usually CTD pretty quick. Decided to give it the ultimate test so I headed to Strawberry where it usually fucks up in seconds. Which it did. New error this time, though. 'Ran out of memory" rather than the generic gently caress you unexpectedly.

Guess I'll be waiting for the next patch :(

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

Yeah, click game, then settings.

That just goes to the general rockstar launcher settings for update throttling and such, I meant game-specific settings. EG seeing when a game was updated, how much space it's taking up, creating desktop shortcuts, that kind of thing.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Fishstick posted:

That just goes to the general rockstar launcher settings for update throttling and such, I meant game-specific settings. EG seeing when a game was updated, how much space it's taking up, creating desktop shortcuts, that kind of thing.

Sorry, I got it reversed. Click settings, then select the game from the left menu.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Patch actually works and fixed all stuttering and increased performance for me. R* still hasn't done anything with my refund in a week now.

9700K overclocked to 5.0GHz all cores
1080 Ti
3440x1440

Went from having low FPS of 25 in the benchmark to a low of 48 FPS after patch and command line changes.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Gay Horney posted:

Did anything ever come of those NPCs who had green eyes and looked like zombies that were getting reported a few months ago?

That was a bug. The default texture when the game can't find one is a solid bright green texture. It was getting placed over the eyes of bugged corpses and theyd look like zombies. Most likely its related to the same bug that keeps spawning Arthur's corpse in random places across online.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

is there a way to stop having guns show up in the weapon wheel? or pick a favourite?? I'm tired of going through my ten rifles to pick the one that I use for everything whenever i ride my horse for a minute

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Is this new command line launcher argument thing only for i5 folk?

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

This is so trivial, but how do you rotate your camera when you're crafting at a campfire? On console I could swing it around and watch my dude actually cook stuff, but for some reason it's just locked to his back. It makes it even more tedious having to make large batches of things and I feel dumb for not being able to figure this simple task out

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Ok so the patch seems to have made this game seems to have given me all the issues everyone else was having prior to the patch, despite it working perfectly beforehand

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Patched fixed the stutter, but now I get random crashes, which I didn't before. Also the performance got worse, like 10-15 fps worse.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

is there a way to stop having guns show up in the weapon wheel? or pick a favourite?? I'm tired of going through my ten rifles to pick the one that I use for everything whenever i ride my horse for a minute

You can set up a loadout (main hand/offhand/back weapon/shoulder weapon) in a gun store, but story missions pretty much ignore it and it tends to get reset rather often.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
I didn't have any real major performance issues, but the new patch has introduced a few new bugs into my game. Waypoints are acting wonky, and the stable guy keeps telling me I have no space for the fancy new Arabian I went out and got, even though I specifically sold off my 4th horse to make room. And I don't have a save from before getting the Arabian since I was nervous about losing it while trekking back through the legendary wolf territory and saving every few minutes. Let me stable my pretty new pony, you jerk. :argh:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

Sorry, I got it reversed. Click settings, then select the game from the left menu.

Thanks! It's kind of amazing that Rockstar's store/launcher (though terribly named) has better features than Epic's store/launcher.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
Patch borked my game a bit. It was running flawlessly before, now I'm getting random crashes when approaching settlements. It's not every time, and when it doesn't crash, that settlement seems to be fine for the rest of the session. I also took a performance hit, losing about 15 fps on average. Then there's a bunch of gameplay weirdness, like waypoints and markers not working correctly, or guns being carried all wonky on your characters back, or dead-eye bugging out after it ends, making you unable to move until you click RMB again. Makes the patch seem a bit undercooked.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
How can I tell if my game is updated?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
All this patch wonkiness worries me. :ohdear:

In any case, I got jack poo poo done last night, other than murdering some innocent goats for seating purposes. On, and scrabbling enough cash to buy the map for Dutch, which unlocks fast travel! Slowest fast travel I ever used, because it's showing all the cinematics - pretty, but I could have flat-out ridden from camp to Emerald Ranch in about the same amount of time, I think.

Also, Javier had me come house-hunting and I ended up doubling my cash in one go. :makeitrain:

"Oh, please help me, I'm injured... hahah, now we're robbing you!" Failure In Victim Selection, A Play In Six Shots

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Scherloch posted:

Patch borked my game a bit. It was running flawlessly before, now I'm getting random crashes when approaching settlements. It's not every time, and when it doesn't crash, that settlement seems to be fine for the rest of the session. I also took a performance hit, losing about 15 fps on average. Then there's a bunch of gameplay weirdness, like waypoints and markers not working correctly, or guns being carried all wonky on your characters back, or dead-eye bugging out after it ends, making you unable to move until you click RMB again. Makes the patch seem a bit undercooked.

Are you using that launcher command they recommend? I was using it and it was giving me crashes, now I'm trying without it and no crashes, but it has the rare stutter.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Not sure why but all the wonkiness really surprised me. I don't know why I expected better.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

somethingawful bf posted:

You can set up a loadout (main hand/offhand/back weapon/shoulder weapon) in a gun store, but story missions pretty much ignore it and it tends to get reset rather often.

What's even stranger to me is that it isn't like this at all in online. If you select your weapons, they're always selected and on you without having to constantly reselect them every time you get off your horse and it persists even when you log off and log back in. Meanwhile in single player you have to make sure your guns are selected every drat time you load in, dismount, or start a new mission. Which makes it seem like they intentionally want it to be a pain in the rear end to carry weapons with you.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

New patch reset all my graphics settings, but after setting it back to a mix of ultra and medium and keeping it on Vulkan instead of DX12 like I had before. The same St. Denis areas that would have my GPU hit 80°C before now barely graze 70 with no FPS dips on the same fidelity as before. Had some weird glitching at water's edges but water refraction at a minimum of Medium fixes that. This is on an i7 7700 and a GTX1080.

They definitely broke something about waypoints though, I can't set markers on the map anywhere close to where I'm aiming, it always sets it at a seemingly random spot now. They also seem to have removed the Free Aim mode setting for online completely now for some reason. So now you get mixed with people who have literal aimbot on a button.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 14, 2019

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Electronico6 posted:

Patched fixed the stutter, but now I get random crashes, which I didn't before. Also the performance got worse, like 10-15 fps worse.

Check Advanced Options to see if the new option, Tree Tessalation, is enabled. Evidently this really tanks peoples FPS

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Fishstick posted:

They definitely broke something about waypoints though, I can't set markers on the map anywhere close to where I'm aiming, it always sets it at a seemingly random spot now.

I noticed the same thing. What works for me is left clicking to set the target, and then hitting enter to drop the way point.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Fishstick posted:

They also seem to have removed the Free Aim mode setting for online completely now for some reason. So now you get mixed with people who have literal aimbot on a button.

I still see it...?

Iceache
Jul 9, 2009

Hakarne posted:

I noticed the same thing. What works for me is left clicking to set the target, and then hitting enter to drop the way point.

You can also double click a spot and it drops the waypoint.
The new patch fixed the stuttering on my i5. No more 3rd party programs to play this game.

Went to hunt for beavers in the mountains because I had bounty in Strawberry and not enough money to pay it off. Didn't get any beavers but managed to find a pretty white Arabian mare with nice stats.
I love these random moments where you set out with a goal but you manage to find something much more interesting or better on the way there :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Iceache posted:

You can also double click a spot and it drops the waypoint.
The new patch fixed the stuttering on my i5. No more 3rd party programs to play this game.

Went to hunt for beavers in the mountains because I had bounty in Strawberry and not enough money to pay it off. Didn't get any beavers but managed to find a pretty white Arabian mare with nice stats.
I love these random moments where you set out with a goal but you manage to find something much more interesting or better on the way there :)

Random encounter: "AAAAH I HAD A SNAKE IN MAH BOOT!"
<sucks the poison out> :wink:

later on

"You saved my life, go get anything in the gun shop, on me!" (Too bad everything I really wanted was still locked.)

Last night's random encounter, as previously posted: "Oh, please help me, I'm injured... hahah, now we're robbing you!" Failure In Victim Selection, A Play In Six Shots

Reminds me, I gotta go back to the one burned-out village - got a treasure map there, and apparently missed the gold bar. Sixgun'd a couple rats, so not all bad...