Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Dell_Zincht posted:

Ffs why hasn't rovert been perma'd yet? Someone taking a screenshot of an SA post and trying to turn it into Twitter drama is surely not somebody we need here anymore?

TBH they should just ban him every time, let him put Lowtax's kid through college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Any punishment longer than 6 hours requires Admin approval, I had assumed the longer punishment would have kicked in before his previous sixer was up, my apologies.

Can we please talk about anything other than the poster now though please, there is a ton going on in WWE to be discussed, all of which is far more interesting.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

RAW was down 15% but Backstage was up 100%, so overall WWE Ratings are up 42.5% this week

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
CM punk changed the culture when he developed back fungus.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Culture Manipulator Punk

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

WWE Punk rear end Vid Status: Still up
https://www.wwe.com/videos/cm-punk-at-royal-rumble-2014

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

jesus WEP posted:

RAW was down 15% but Backstage was up 100%, so overall WWE Ratings are up 42.5% this week

BUY ALL THE STOCKS

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

Shinjobi posted:

BUY ALL THE STOCKS

I legit would not be surprised if WWE said something like that at an investor call and that was the actual reaction.

I'm gonna put this in the OP each month until it gets taken down :allears:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I keep expecting one to zoom all the way into his trunks and turn into the opening of Skyrim.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

jesus WEP posted:

Thank you, George Barrios.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God, every so often I remember "Improved to a decline" and just laugh.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Genuine question: Why does this exist?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

fez_machine posted:

Genuine question: Why does this exist?

To try and prove Punk was lying about having a giant MRSA lump on his rear end.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

holy poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seriously, that sn't a joke. They literally edited and put together a video of CM Punk's rear end* to try and prove he was lying on the Colt Cabana podcast.

* Vince may have had the video prepared well ahead of time for... reasons.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

TheKingslayer posted:

Didn't the doctor who drained it testify it wasn't as big a deal as Punk made it out to be on the podcast with Colt? I remember Punk making it out like it was horribly life-threatening, the doctor was horrified at the size of the lump, and when it was drained he was in sheer agony, with gunk just splattering on the walls, while Punk is gritting his teeth and sweat is just rolling off him...and then, IIRC, during the Amann lawsuit, the doctor testified that he didn't recall it that way at all and that it was a relatively routine procedure.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Didn't the doctor who drained it testify it wasn't as big a deal as Punk made it out to be on the podcast with Colt? I remember Punk making it out like it was horribly life-threatening, the doctor was horrified at the size of the lump, and when it was drained he was in sheer agony, with gunk just splattering on the walls, while Punk is gritting his teeth and sweat is just rolling off him...and then, IIRC, during the Amann lawsuit, the doctor testified that he didn't recall it that way at all and that it was a relatively routine procedure.

I'm just going off my memory of events, but wasn't the guy that messed with the lump not even a doctor? I know at some point he just went to some dude AJ knew for a procedure or exam.

Here it is.
Video testimony of Physician’s Assistant Patrick Duffy (recorded 8/16/2017) is played.

Duffy has been practicing for 11 years, licensed in Florida.
Duffy is authorized to treat dermatological issues.
Duffy is certified by the NCCPA, and his license is, and has been, in good standing.
Duffy worked at Academic Alliance & Dermatology for 8 years. (where he saw and treated Punk and other wrestlers)
Duffy did not attend medical school, and is not an MD.
He never calls himself a doctor, only a physician’s assistant.
Has diagnosed MRSA in the past
Has treated MRSA in the past
Duffy explains the steps to diagnosing MRSA (can be done by eye, but a culture is usually done to confirm presence of bacteria)
Duffy confirms seeing Punk as a patient on 2/13/2014
Duffy goes over Punk’s medical report from the visit. While his original deposition is filled with “do not recalls,” he helps confirm that Punk told him he had the “spot” for two months. All symptoms suggested drainage as the best treatment.
Duffy confirms that Punk had a fatty, sore, tender, red lump on his lower back.
Duffy confirms treating inflammation and swelling.
Duffy describes the procedure, that requires using a scalpel to pierce and drain the lump.
The Jury’s eyes have begun to glaze over.
Duffy confirms that he would have cultured Punk, but Punk refused due to lack of insurance.
Duffy confirms the use of cortical steroid injection to treat inflammation.
Duffy indicates there was no “central pustule” that is usually an indicator of staph or MRSA.
Duffy claims that the lump was not “golfball” sized, or else he would’ve noted it in the records.
Duffy says “baseball sized” definitely would’ve been noted, had it been the case. It was not.
Duffy describes the procedure as unremarkable. None of the squirting and screaming that Punk talked about on the podcast.
Duffy prescribed an anti-biotic [monodox], as he’s done for everything ranging from skin infections to acne.
Duffy confirms scheduling Punk a follow-up for one week later. Punk does not go to the follow up.
Duffy sees Punk again on 3/20/2014, Punk still has a lump but Duffy doesn’t diagnose as anything other than a benign lump.
Punk was reportedly responding well to Monodox.
Duffy confirms that he wrote Punk an excuse note that mentioned possible Staph or MRSA, but the ICD code identifies that it was diagnosed as a cyst.
Duffy confirms that Punk asked for the excuse note.
Duffy was not aware of who Punk wrestled for on 3/20/2014.
Duffy says staph is common in wrestling.
Duffy confirms that MRSA is a subset of staph.
Duffy confirms that he has brought up staph to patients in the past.
A juror appears to briefly fall asleep, but wakes up soon after.
Duffy explains the drainage procedure.
Duffy says that the procedure can cause pus to discharge, hence eye protection, but that he did the procedure carefully.
Duffy confirms that a central pustule is not needed to diagnose MRSA or staph.
Duffy explains rationale and procedure for culturing.
Duffy confirms that a patient that does better on anti-biotics likely had or has an infection.
Duffy confirms he has never forged an excuse note to meet a patient’s wishes.
Duffy cannot recall discussing ICD codes with patients.
At follow up, Duffy did not culture, as Punk was responding to anti-biotics.
Duffy confirms that he wore a white coat with his name embroidered on it during the appointment.
Duffy confirms that staph infection doesn’t respond to Z-Pack antibiotics.

From the next day.

Punk believed Duffy was a doctor, and supposedly told him to take antibiotics for two weeks and then return for removal.
Punk confirms that Patrick Bateman is “an eccentric serial killer,” played by Christian Bale, and felt that Patrick Duffy looked like Patrick Bateman with white hair.
Punk stands by description of visit to Duffy, but cannot speak to the intent of the words.
Punk recalls Duffy calling The Lump staph infection.
Punk confirms not knowing the difference between Staph and MRSA.
Text Message from Punk to AJ: “gotta be out on antibiotics for two weeks before he can remove it.”
Text Message from Punk to AJ: “I’m going to loving email Vince and bury Dr. Amman.”
About the idea to email Vince, “I had a eureka moment as to why I’d felt so bad for so long.”
Text from AJ to Punk: “I can’t believe Dr. Amman didn’t catch that.”
Text from Punk to AJ: “I showed this to doc twice.”
AJ and Punk continue to discuss treatment.
Text from Punk to AJ: “He’s going to cut it open and drain it.”
Text from Punk to AJ: “This is dumb. Staph can kill you.”
Punk felt discharge on his neck during procedure, hence podcast comment about fluid hitting the ceiling.

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Nov 14, 2019

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

TheKingslayer posted:

I'm just going off my memory of events, but wasn't the guy that messed with the lump not even a doctor? I know at some point he just went to some dude AJ knew for a procedure or exam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUG-wzYxHVI&t=7s

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Free rovert but give everyone on the forums the ability to give him a sixer whenever.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

Free rovert but give everyone on the forums the ability to post vinceflex whenever.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i'm so sorry

https://twitter.com/jesus_wep/status/1194946542517542912

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yeeeesssssss

:goodshit:

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

:kiss:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Always felt that Skyrim played like rear end.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Well it is a Bethesda game

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Simplified NXT results added to the OP.

Incessant Excess posted:

I played it a lot when it first came out but like a lot of Bethesda games it felt a mile wide but an inch deep. After I finally finished up like my 4th complete playthrough of Witcher 3 I reinstalled Skyrim for more fantasy game stuff and it hadn't aged well at all.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jerusalem posted:

my 4th complete playthrough of Witcher 3

Are you some kinda neet or what?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

I played it a lot when it first came out but like a lot of Bethesda games it felt a mile wide but an inch deep. After I finally finished up like my 4th complete playthrough of Witcher 3 I reinstalled Skyrim for more fantasy game stuff and it hadn't aged well at all.

Complete agree - I'm a huge Fallout fan but the only way I could replay the fourth one is with a ton of mods to make it more robust.

And I've played through The Witcher 3 five times - the first time when I picked Triss, the second time when I picked Yen to atone for my gently caress up in picking Triss, the third for Heart of Stone, the fourth for Blood and Wine, and the fifth with a bunch of graphics and QoL mods. Never got bored. Never felt the urge to put it down and walk away.

Although it did lead to this great household moment...

quote:

Stepdaughter - "Whatcha you doing?"

Me - "Just finished reinstalling The Witcher 3, one of the best video games of all time."

Stepdaughter - "Why is it so good?"

Me - "Oh man, great characters, unique lore, amazing bestiary, one of the best expansion packs of all time..."

Stepdaughter - "Why is that woman brushing her hair while naked? Is that sidebutt and sideboob?"

Me - "...I swear, this is a REALLY great game!"

Stepdaughter - "Sure, Cobi. Sure."

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
please use antibiotics responsibly and only when prescribed by doctors.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

CobiWann posted:

Although it did lead to this great household moment...

Yeah I think I saw that exchange on brazzers

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Marmaduke! posted:

:chloe:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Are you some kinda neet or what?

The only thing neet is how neat Witcher 3 is as a game :colbert:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jerusalem posted:

God, every so often I remember "Improved to a decline" and just laugh.

according to Dave the very end of raw did 1.2 million

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

:yeshaha:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

...that's barely more than what AEW has been averaging.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AEW overtaking WWE by WWE just dropping below it without any gain on AEWs part would be really funny

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

is survivor series this week idk lets go nxt i guess

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Marmaduke! posted:

Just casually outing your incest fetish, nbd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dave also confirmed a couple of matches for TLC, but this one is the most mindboggling (put in spoiler tags just to be safe):

RAW Women's Champion Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair vs The Kabuki Warriors for the Women's Tag Team Championships in a TLC match. Bryan was shocked they were going to run that match, and asking WHY Becky/Charlotte are getting another shot. Dave said "well its because they lost their previous title shot due to outside interference, or that's the angle WWE is likely going to approach". Nevermind the fact that no other superstar gets that kind of treatment.

I am starting to get tired of Becky being the top champ, to be honest. And I'm already sick of Charlotte. The WWE 4HW are basically the modern day kliq at this point. Giving Charlotte another title is overkill, and I really don't want to see Becky Two Belts again. Becky has not faced any real setbacks since becoming RAW Women's Champion at WM, and it's starting to harm her character.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Nov 14, 2019