Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
The First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America guarantees the right of absolutely anyone, without regard to demography, to say absolutely anything they want in defense of Capital and/or its chosen agents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Non Serviam posted:

When the driver is so clearly an insane person, and driving a makeshift vehicle, how come the police don't stop them?

More trouble than it’s worth when he’s not really hurting anyone.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

RatHat posted:

Then watch the reaction to the same setup informing the poor and downtrodden of their rights and how to assert them legally.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

RatHat posted:

Yet they'll happily arrest a lady selling churros.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Picnic Princess posted:

Yet they'll happily arrest a lady selling churros.

I bet she fails the paper bag test if she's selling churros, thus, handcuffs.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Listen, my grandpa died after eating counterfeit churros, it's no laughing matter.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Metaline posted:

It’s probably in an evidence locker.

So what you're saying is his greatest weapon is gone and now is the time to rob him

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Fathis Munk posted:

Listen, my grandpa died after eating counterfeit churros, it's no laughing matter.

Poor grandpa, thought of churros and died

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

When the driver is so clearly an insane person, and driving a makeshift vehicle, how come the police don't stop them?

That is not a makeshift vehicle. They sold Toyota pick-up based RV's here for a number of years. Extended, reinforced frame and dual rear wheels. AUG is driving those in traffic, they are slow as poo poo.

I'd see if he'd sell it. Very popular with a certain type of RV-er, for all it's lack of power they are easily managable in the city.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I speak with 100% first hand experience, you don't want an RV after a severely mentally ill person has lived in it long term.

Citation: my mother. Je suis AUG.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

T-man posted:

I speak with 100% first hand experience, you don't want an RV after a severely mentally ill person has lived in it long term.

Citation: my mother. Je suis AUG.

Are you a half sibling my mom never told me about? Because hooo boy is her RV a lost cause

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What in tarnation...

Did she shove blue powder up her rear end for a blue fart?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

LingcodKilla posted:

What in tarnation...

For a moment I thought it was white smoke , signifying that a new pope had been chosen.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
That's enough internet for me today.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

are the cis ok?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

T-man posted:

are the cis ok?

Obviously loving not.

Now that you mention it, I would be interested to see a Venn diagram of "population who think a sex reveal party is something worth doing ever as long as they live" and "population who feels threatened by the concept of non-binary persons." I hypothesise it will be a brand new shape, a more perfect circle even than what we understand to be a mathematically perfect circle at present time.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007
Injection-Molded

Tubgoat posted:

The First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America guarantees the right of absolutely anyone, without regard to demography, to say absolutely anything they want in defense of Capital and/or its chosen agents.

The aug is coming from inside the thread.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Wait hold on, are these dudes grilling like BBQ style in a traffic median?!

gently caress that uptight bitch, I'd be bringing some meat to grill with those dudes.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

The aug is coming from inside the thread.
I'm not the enforcer, you wanna talk to the pigs about that.

Rad-daddio posted:

Wait hold on, are these dudes grilling like BBQ style in a traffic median?!

gently caress that uptight bitch, I'd be bringing some meat to grill with those dudes.
Username/post combo checks out.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Tubgoat posted:

Obviously loving not.

Now that you mention it, I would be interested to see a Venn diagram of "population who think a sex reveal party is something worth doing ever as long as they live" and "population who feels threatened by the concept of non-binary persons." I hypothesise it will be a brand new shape, a more perfect circle even than what we understand to be a mathematically perfect circle at present time.

I'm thoroughly convinced genital reveal parties are on the rise as a direct result of trans and nonbinary people slowly becoming more accepted. They feel threatened and this is how they've responded.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

At least it's better than dragging them behind a truck down Mississippi back roads, but I have a feeling that still happens too.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

At least it's better than dragging them behind a truck down Mississippi back roads, but I have a feeling that still happens too.
If there's one thing the American South is known for, it's the preservation of traditions that civilised people left in the past and are rightly ashamed of.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm thoroughly convinced genital reveal parties are on the rise as a direct result of trans and nonbinary people slowly becoming more accepted. They feel threatened and this is how they've responded.

Its just suburban whites with nothing to do obsessively one-upping each other, and imitating things they saw on facebook or pinterest. This is just the sort of dumb poo poo upper middle class normies get up to, they've reached the point of escalating one-upping that people are dying, so now a whole bunch of them are in the news. They aren't threatened, most of these folks probably dont even know what "non-binary" even means.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Its just suburban whites with nothing to do obsessively one-upping each other, and imitating things they saw on facebook or pinterest. This is just the sort of dumb poo poo upper middle class normies get up to, they've reached the point of escalating one-upping that people are dying, so now a whole bunch of them are in the news. They aren't threatened, most of these folks probably dont even know what "non-binary" even means.

I think you're right, also gently caress you for making me admit it.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It is a very aggressive and loud proclamation of both a gender binary and of intrinsic values tied to said binary. They dont need to know the actual words to express it beyond "BLUE IS BOY FOR STRONG PINK IS GIRL FOR EW"

tallest crocodile
Sep 10, 2011

How a TV show about Pre-historic life would reconstruct a goon.
It’s actually a natural defense mechanism of cis straight people to fart the color of their baby’s birth sex when threatened.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

What in tarnation...

I could be wrong, but I think that's Trailer Trash Tammy/Chelcie Lynn in the background?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

We Got Us A Bread posted:

I could be wrong, but I think that's Trailer Trash Tammy/Chelcie Lynn in the background?

I’m not going to google that but I’m going to assume it’s a comedy group?

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

I’m not going to google that but I’m going to assume it’s a comedy group?

She's a former vine person, now on Youtube who plays an incredibly redneck/white trash woman and embraces the gimmick HARD. And she just put up a "behind the scenes" for that video, so yeah, that was her.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

I think it's also a natural extension of more and more gift-grabbing parties being attached to milestone events. People who do gender reveal parties probably also have multiple baby showers and a bunch of pre-wedding activities that cost everyone else a bunch of money.

I like trying to guess what the next big gift party trend will be. Maybe pregnancy milestones (a party every trimester?) Maybe "car warmings" when you get a new vehicle. A big send-off before a vacation to help pay for travel expenses. Or probably something to do with pets.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I take comfort in that so many of these people will have non-binary or Trans children and they are either going to have to face their ignorance or lose a kid.

None of these parents feel this way but I like to imagine that this is some sort of warding ceremony that guarantees a cishet child.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

We Got Us A Bread posted:

She's a former vine person, now on Youtube who plays an incredibly redneck/white trash woman and embraces the gimmick HARD. And she just put up a "behind the scenes" for that video, so yeah, that was her.
I am unironically relieved that the person farting blue powder is doing it for art.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Target Practice posted:

I take comfort in that so many of these people will have non-binary or Trans children and they are either going to have to face their ignorance or lose a kid.

If they're smart they'll just use it as an excuse to have another gender reveal party, registered at Target and Macy's and please check the list to see what dish you've been assigned to make.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

artsy fartsy posted:

If they're smart they'll just use it as an excuse to have another gender reveal party, registered at Target and Macy's and please check the list to see what dish you've been assigned to make.

Is this really what people are like? My wife had to be cajoled into a bachelorette party, and most of the stuff we registered for was like, 25-50 bucks. We aren't having biological kids but I can't imagine after the first baby shower you'd do anything else. People are the worst.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Target Practice posted:

Is this really what people are like? My wife had to be cajoled into a bachelorette party, and most of the stuff we registered for was like, 25-50 bucks. We aren't having biological kids but I can't imagine after the first baby shower you'd do anything else. People are the worst.

Depends. I've noticed people that grew up without much just want you to come and spend time with them and maybe bring some food if you want to help out. People that grew up without want usually expect gifts or do registries or ask people to "chip in" with money for their own parties. "Achievement party" culture is pretty loving weird.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Target Practice posted:

My wife and I had our wedding on a different continent and refused to have bachelor/bachelorette parties, or even bridesmaids and groomsmen. Our guest list still somehow managed to bloat to 30, but we tried to keep it reasonably small and intimate and hosed off with all the bullshit "traditions".

It still ended up costing us $$,$$$ but was worth it to keep everyone away who would have made it horrible.

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 17:44 on Nov 14, 2019

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Depends. I've noticed people that grew up without much just want you to come and spend time with them and maybe bring some food if you want to help out. People that grew up without want usually expect gifts or do registries or ask people to "chip in" with money for their own parties. "Achievement party" culture is pretty loving weird.

We do thanksgiving dinner for friends every year, and accept donations to help with food cost (since we're cooking for 10+ people).

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

artsy fartsy posted:

To be fair, I think this would be the only sensible gender reveal party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

what if we designated gender as assault bored rifles with bullet clips, surely then we can start outlawing it