Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Arivia posted:

Speaking of problematic tech youtubers werent the level 1 tech guys chuds or misogynists or something?

Are you thinking of Tek Syndicate instead? Wendell used to be in that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

cage-free egghead posted:

Are you thinking of Tek Syndicate instead? Wendell used to be in that

Huh maybe. Were they idiots?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Blorange posted:

I was under the impression that the NONAME VPN company was made up for the joke.

it could all be just an elaborate joke but it seems like there really was a VPN provider willing to sponsor his ad at the end except they wanted changes and he said no.

one of the very last things he says was, "that was a lot of money" real sad like.

GutBomb posted:

Agreed. I guess he’s very slightly Asian but his Asian stereotype character really is a bit much. But the comments are all “he is actually Asian so it’s alright”

i had never seen this guys channel until that whole thing with building a pc from theverge... i hesitated a bit because i thought it just had to be an elaborate deconstruction of a racist joke.... but no the joke is he exploits his ethnicity to let racist laugh at him for views.... for a tech channel.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I don't know if anyone watched Hardware Unboxed, but one of their crew just passed away.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

OhFunny posted:

I don't know if anyone watched Hardware Unboxed, but one of their crew just passed away.

I can only see a video from 3 days ago saying Kevin from tech showdown was in a medically induced coma. Looks like he passed away.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I really enjoyed LTT Scrapyard Wars. They used to do two per year but they haven't done any since summer 2018.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hix0l8cFaMw

The intro to this video is amazing

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

well why not posted:

You know what you tuber I can’t stand? Bitwit/Awesomesauce/Kyle. He’a easily got the least tech knowledge of the crowd, lacks video skills and does those painful skits. At least Paul doesn’t try to be entertaining and jayztwocents is incredibly skilled at builds. Kyle just has vlogs with his wife and terrible characters. I don’t get the appeal.
I saw a video of his once when he was wearing a t-shirt with 'Taxation is Theft' on it, and I think that pretty much says it all

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
Welp time to do another video <dips head in vat of chicken grease>

mewse
May 2, 2006

Is that the guy that died??? Not cool

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

mewse posted:

Is that the guy that died??? Not cool

Uh, no, this is the guy that died:

Not the guy with more grease in his hair than a box of Popeyes Lousiana Chicken's finest.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Wirth1000 posted:

Uh, no, this is the guy that died:

Not the guy with more grease in his hair than a box of Popeyes Lousiana Chicken's finest.

Is he in an oxford comma?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

I saw a video of his once when he was wearing a t-shirt with 'Taxation is Theft' on it, and I think that pretty much says it all

I doubt he’s actually smart enough to have an ideology so it’s probably a reference to some vidya. That or he’s a libterian and his wife’s speaking voice is beginning to make sense

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Former Human posted:

I really enjoyed LTT Scrapyard Wars. They used to do two per year but they haven't done any since summer 2018.

there's one coming soonish. they apparently take forever to edit for some reason

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

the talent deficit posted:

there's one coming soonish. they apparently take forever to edit for some reason

That reason being Linus constantly loving with their system that barely works as it is, I’m sure.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Their editors slave away miserably in a room crammed shoulder to shoulder all day?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the new gn video intro fuckin owns

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

The one thing that irrationally annoys me about LTT videos, is he constantly reaches for his pocket and presses something. I'm assuming he is muting a call on his phone which begs the question why the gently caress he would keep his phone on him when shooting a video and just constantly mute it, and not just leave it somewhere.

Ever since I noticed it I can't un-see it.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

refleks posted:

The one thing that irrationally annoys me about LTT videos, is he constantly reaches for his pocket and presses something. I'm assuming he is muting a call on his phone which begs the question why the gently caress he would keep his phone on him when shooting a video and just constantly mute it, and not just leave it somewhere.

Ever since I noticed it I can't un-see it.

He’s advancing his teleprompter

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

GutBomb posted:

He’s advancing his teleprompter

Jesus

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Well that's really the best case when he's constantly fiddling with something in his pocket

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Jesus uses a printout of the script, not a teleprompter. It's on the desk, in plain view. Sometimes he fights his cat for possession of it.

:v:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

This seems like a solved problem: Either get one of the thousand minions to forward it for him or get an auto-scroller with high degree of speed granularity?

refleks fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 14, 2019

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Or a foot pedal?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TheFluff posted:

Jesus uses a printout of the script, not a teleprompter. It's on the desk, in plain view. Sometimes he fights his cat for possession of it.
You can't wave nvidia news in front of their AMD analyst like that and expect a different result

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
The most important technology video of the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRk1F1fhVB8

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Mr.Radar posted:

The most important technology video of the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRk1F1fhVB8

Holy gently caress yes, it's my early birthday present

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Chicken looked dry. It's just chicken breast in the oven without any oil or fat.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Mu Zeta posted:

Chicken looked dry. It's just chicken breast in the oven without any oil or fat.

If you're watching LGR Foods for cooking then you're watching for all the wrong reasons.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

If you're watching LGR Foods for cooking then you're watching for all the wrong reasons.

What are the right reasons? A Clint fetish?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Arivia posted:

Yes?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Arivia posted:

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Former Human posted:

You're in luck, they just started a new season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8IRDdjkUzE

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Am I the only one that hates Scrapyard Wars? It's just a bunch of endless awkward interactions, scrolling through their phones and laptops, and trawling for budget rear end poo poo in a very dry manner.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

Move over, AdoredTV, there's a new king

pause after periods, christ

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

en-vee-dee-ah

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Salty Steve is best Steve. Bonus blowtorch/liquid nitrogen action at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6dyrtnLU_w

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 20, 2019

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
This is beautiful:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
"we all died in a car crash and this is actually hell"

:drat:

also agreed, steve. agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004