Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
cspam mods coming from the succ zone instead of the trump thread is like half the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/RepAOC/status/1195045754525478912

Bernie and AOC QTing each other back and forth forever

she's still on an adrenaline high after ranking up in League

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

whatever mods don't listen administration sucks, it's the same as it's been since the site opened

anyway, I'm casting my vote for crazy cloud as C-SPAM President as, well, I don't think we have had another one since the first election

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Believe it or not there has been a substantial amount of discussion in the mod forum about how to resolve all of this. I'm trying to get things moving again as some got a bit distracted by unrelated matters recently, as I too don't like how this is just sorta hanging over CSPAM like the sword of Damocles.

Yeah, I PMed VideoGames with my perspective and got a thoughtful response.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/michaelscherer/status/1195028698635948034

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

and before anyone points out that crazy cloud was elected as the first C-SPAM President, let me just say this: two-term president :twisted:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
https://twitter.com/Humanbeing1973/status/1194797499308920834

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

D&D doesn't want to deal with us being adjacent to them but also doesn't want us to get our own forum and self-determination because it would amount of an elevation of leftist politics in a space they've thus far considered their own and the very real risk of them becoming the 2nd tier political discussion forum here thanks to how much traffic CSPAM gets and would get if it wasn't a subforum

in conclusion: lol

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Victory Position posted:

whatever mods don't listen administration sucks, it's the same as it's been since the site opened

anyway, I'm casting my vote for crazy cloud as C-SPAM President as, well, I don't think we have had another one since the first election

We had a couple then someone refused to relinquish (non-existent) power and allow for a new election ie: the thread ran its course and everyone just got bored and stopped. Which is a pity, as I'd built in a Sinister Forums Illuminati faction working behind the scenes to PM whomever the sitting president was with orders to do nonsensical things "Miscapitalize the third proper noun in every sentence you post in the Trump thread, or else!"

Yinlock posted:

nice to know someone cares, at least

I like this place and do not want it to go the way of LF.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Prester Jane posted:

LOL the mods are busily trying to triangulate the minimum amount they can offer C-SPAM posters so that there is an absence of tension on the forums.

Rather than recognize that modding is inherently toxic and that moderators should be self-selected by the communities they moderate, SA's moderators have formed their own little clique that views itself as the noble few willing to put up with the terrible task of maintaining these forums. Our moderators don't view themselves as members of this community, they view themselves as its caretakers . They'd rather be overwhelmed (and feeling self-righteous) rather than relinquish their hold on power or concede that this dying community needs to make changes in order to continue.

Can you imagine the unmitigated horror if the mods that are widely disliked by the community they praise over stepped down- and were instead replaced by a system that regularly rotated highly regarded community members in and out of moderating positions!?!

Why it wouldn't be something awful anymore at that point, it just wouldn't.

dictatorship of the postariat

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Yinlock posted:

the circling of the wagons around ppj is weird, just demod him why is this so fuckin difficult

Because, just like with R.Denyovitch, the other mods would rather stand in the circle and chant "one of us" than listen to what the community they have decided to dedicate their time to is telling them.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I like this place and do not want it to go the way of LF.

tbf lf did kinda bring it on itself with the whole fbi thing

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Believe it or not there has been a substantial amount of discussion in the mod forum about how to resolve all of this. I'm trying to get things moving again as some got a bit distracted by unrelated matters recently, as I too don't like how this is just sorta hanging over CSPAM like the sword of Damocles.

this may be surprising but there's been a lot of discussion for literal years and i cannot possibly give a gently caress about people pondering when at best it leads to some ~happy medium~ where d&d agrees to respect the sovereignty of the succdentenland for a few months

there is no acceptable result that doesn't end with multiple mods losing their powers and the only people who have a voice where the discussion is happening are either genuinely ignorant or purposeful idiot fuckers who don't know anything except how to be a cuck with a tiny online fiefdom

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Al! posted:

does sa even have any women mods anymore or is it 100% patriarchy at this point

There's LITERALLY A BIRD/ADMIN and, um...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Victory Position posted:

and before anyone points out that crazy cloud was elected as the first C-SPAM President, let me just say this: two-term president :twisted:

crazy cloud has never stopped being my president

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Riot Bimbo posted:

If you didn't go to an ivy you have no right to hold public office. It's just facts that they're smarter wiser and hold in them a bloodline traceable back to our Nordic alien forefathers - some lib probably

this is the kind of thing that makes me think meritocracy is actually a mental illness and should be in the DSM-5 manual

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i will continue to holler that even if guyovich never denied any genocides, his posting and time as a cspam ik were enough to get him run the gently caress off this site and that he was beloved by the d&d mod staff to the point that he got a red loving star is a damning indictment of the entire moderator hiring/promotion system

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

docbeard posted:

There's LITERALLY A BIRD/ADMIN and, um...

Koalas March

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

just split CSPAM off to its own thing and then instaban anybody discussing it again in QCS imho, that way you make all parties involved both happy and mad which means we'll get some good content from it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

cspam mods coming from the succ zone instead of the trump thread is like half the problem

if you dont post in trpmi thread you dont post in cspam

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

loquacius posted:

I feel terrible saying this, but, you guys know "deval" isn't pronounced like "devil" right

shut up lib

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Prester Jane posted:

LOL the mods are busily trying to triangulate the minimum amount they can offer C-SPAM posters so that there is an absence of tension on the forums.

Rather than recognize that modding is inherently toxic and that moderators should be self-selected by the communities they moderate, SA's moderators have formed their own little clique that views itself as the noble few willing to put up with the terrible task of maintaining these forums. Our moderators don't view themselves as members of this community, they view themselves as its caretakers . They'd rather be overwhelmed (and feeling self-righteous) rather than relinquish their hold on power or concede that this dying community needs to make changes in order to continue.

Can you imagine the unmitigated horror if the mods that are widely disliked by the community they praise over stepped down- and were instead replaced by a system that regularly rotated highly regarded community members in and out of moderating positions!?!

Why it wouldn't be something awful anymore at that point, it just wouldn't.

suddenly politics makes a lot of sense

thank u

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol missed where Hickenlooper was going when he was siphoning off campaign funds for private flight time

quote:

Hickenlooper’s campaign did not provide comment for this story. In 2018, Hickenlooper’s office denied the allegations and called the ethics complaint a “political stunt.” In a legal response to the ethics commission that year, Hickenlooper’s lawyer argued that he paid for all the expenses related to the Bilderberg conference and that all other expenses were either gifts from personal friends or related to his role as governor.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1195058649326075904

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

[unironically] more 👏 women 👏 forums 👏 cops 👏

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shear Modulus posted:

the posters who dont post in the cspam trump thread are the intellectual superiors to the dreck that wastes away in the sewers

anyways, save us krystal

https://twitter.com/krystalball/status/1195027108059402242

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

more obvious pandering to Trump, shameful

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

the posters who dont post in the cspam trump thread are the intellectual superiors to the dreck that wastes away in the sewers

anyways, save us krystal

https://twitter.com/krystalball/status/1195027108059402242

krystal ball/krystal lake 2020

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

God drat! There is hope yet for North Korea!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

[unironically] more 👏 women 👏 forums 👏 cops 👏

it'd get all the doctors out of the woodwork

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol every reply to this is kamala weirdos saying harris has only worked FOR THE PEOPLE!!!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

*silently chuckles to self in the communism thread*

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
No Mods No Masters

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Move cspam to like CineD or Goons with Spoons at let them deal with it lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

it'd get all the doctors out of the woodwork

i've found that dmt is also good for this

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nothus posted:

No Mods No Masters

don't violate my non-aggression posting pact

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

platzapS posted:

I love this loving election.

(Wikipedians are divided as to whether Bloomberg's a candidate)

i just remembered that the swalwell, moulton and ryan are three different people, bennett and inslee are different people, bullock and hickenlooper are different people, beto dropped out and that wayne messam has been running this whole time

an incredible primary so far

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

spacemang_spliff posted:

Move cspam to like CineD or Goons with Spoons at let them deal with it lol

Based on posting quality alone, Cspam belongs in the EVE thread

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

lol every reply to this is kamala weirdos saying harris has only worked FOR THE PEOPLE!!!

Kamala people are goddamn insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

too bad NK isn't actually a matriarchal dictatorship to really rile up Ur-patriarch Joey B