Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

EVANSVILLE, BITCH

late but, THIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

LSU-VCU is already testing the new flop rule. (It's also a good game.)

e: this game was actually legally required: when Will Wade signed his contract with VCU, there was a clause saying that if he were to take another job, as part of the buyout mitigation his new school would play a one-off return game in Richmond. plus we're getting a whole ton of students dressed as FBI agents standing next to the LSU bench.

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 14, 2019

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Ohio State is doing terrible things to Villanova.

So is St Joe’s to UConn but that’s not really a surprise, it’s just hilarious.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Louisville knows how to handle the bullies from the MVC.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue up 12 at Marquette, but 1-8 from the FT line and 3 blown fast breaks.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is providence good at basketball this year?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao i forgot northwestern has that grad transfer lacrosse player

and, uh, they're beating the poo poo out of providence?

e: lol never mind

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 14, 2019

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue Purdue-ing it up, 18 point 1st half lead now a 2 point deficit because of turnovers and 6-17 free throw shooting.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Purdue bad

Edit: Who's gonna score for Purdue when they need a basket?

ColdBlooded fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 14, 2019

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

I mean he had to shoot there with the shot clock expiring, but Nojel Eastern is the worst shooter I've ever seen.

Edit: Avoiding the triple post here, this Purdue team is just excruciating to watch. There's talent there but they are loving awful right now.

ColdBlooded fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 14, 2019

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ANOTHER FAMOUS NORTHWESTERN "WILD" CAT VICTORY

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

I mean he had to shoot there with the shot clock expiring, but Nojel Eastern is the worst shooter I've ever seen.

Edit: Avoiding the triple post here, this Purdue team is just excruciating to watch. There's talent there but they are loving awful right now.

I think they'll be fine by January, but there are some big shoes to fill and big adjustments to make by some of the Sophs to get there.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech won a game 104 to 73, so that's something?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Florida really laboring to put away Towson.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Lending Seton Hall my energy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Love two teams shooting 32%

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
So is this Powell kid the next Steph Curry or what?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

elentar posted:

Florida really laboring to put away Towson.

this might be the mike white experience

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

:siren: someone broke 40 against Virginia :siren:

Columbia scored a whole 42 points.

Next UVA game is against what should be a pretty decent Vermont team but it's the back to back games with Purdue and UNC in early December that'll show whether this year's UVA can actually score against a good opponent.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

elentar posted:

:siren: someone broke 40 against Virginia :siren:

Columbia scored a whole 42 points.

Next UVA game is against what should be a pretty decent Vermont team but it's the back to back games with Purdue and UNC in early December that'll show whether this year's UVA can actually score against a good opponent.

Purdue is bad right now. They're up only 10 at the half against literally the worst division 1 program in CBB and a team that Eastern Illinois beat 98-34 earlier this week.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

Purdue is bad right now. They're up only 10 at the half against literally the worst division 1 program in CBB and a team that Eastern Illinois beat 98-34 earlier this week.

Purdue's shooting is so bad, and they can't seem to get the ball in to Haarms in the post right now. 16-2 run to start the 2nd half, but that's mostly due to 2nd chance points, they're murdering Chicago St on the glass.

And I think Nojel Eastern's wrist is worse than has been let on, he can't shoot and took 2 FTs right handed.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

can't wait for the harrowing of our souls that will be the purdue uva game, then

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

can't wait for the harrowing of our souls that will be the purdue uva game, then

First team to 40 wins.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

PotatoJudge posted:

Purdue's shooting is so bad, and they can't seem to get the ball in to Haarms in the post right now. 16-2 run to start the 2nd half, but that's mostly due to 2nd chance points, they're murdering Chicago St on the glass.

And I think Nojel Eastern's wrist is worse than has been let on, he can't shoot and took 2 FTs right handed.

Eastern could never shoot though, like yeah he had a good run with FTs in the latter half of last season but I never really bought him being a 70+% FT shooter.

I didn't watch but at least it looks like the team played better in the 2nd half.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Wisconsin Marquette is everything you could ask for in the I-94 rivalry. Big away crowd, student section chanting about the Housers leaving, perhaps the worst paint shooting on record and awful officiating both ways.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Florida just really scuffling, down 5 points at halftime to a bad UConn team after only scoring 20 points in the first half.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm ready to call it

mike white is incapable of getting a good offense on the court

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Great work from Mizzou against Wofford at home so far

edit: mizzou playing a team full of 6 footers has somehow had incredible trouble getting inside

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 19, 2019

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky survives against Utan Valley in a game that was closer than the final margin looks.

They shot 1 for 12 from 3 tonight, and are 13 for 66 on the season. Not great.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
can you imagine watching your team give up an 11-0 run to abilene christian

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

This is rough, even by our usual standards

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Ungratek posted:

This is rough, even by our usual standards

It perked up quite a bit. Vermont is real good.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou played on Monday but this is the first game they've actually dominated a bad team early on. Nice to finally see

EDIT: excuse me, i spoke too soon. mizzou playing like dogshit since then

anyone not named mark smith cannot hit a three pointer, wide open or not. imagine this team hitting even 30% from deep

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Nov 21, 2019

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Villanova-Miss State has been pretty good for a Friday afternoon game.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

also https://twitter.com/ncsu1/status/1197989856573624320?s=21

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

nice

i love these early-season tournaments. cbs sports network is showing something from montego bay jamaica which is clearly a copycat of the atlantis one, they've got that 'basketball court and stands hastily set up in a ballroom' vibe going and rhode island is playing north texas. there's a pecking order to these tournaments, probably mostly determined by whether you're part-owned by ESPN or not, and this one is not high up on it

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Merrimack (which is actually D1 now) beat Lesley University 110–16 tonight. That school (adorably enough, the Lesley Lynx) actually has a decent enrollment and competes in D3, but it only went coed in 2005 and remains mostly an art and design school so you wonder why they bother with intercollegiate sports.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

art and design, for some computer-related reason, reminds me of the highest scoring college basketball game of all possible histories, gracing our timeline, featuring devry. devry! i don't know if anybody on this website isn't aware of jon bois' work, but it's worth watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4afzQyGo5Q

towson-buffalo is a close-ish game. gotta love loser's brackets in these traditional tournaments, the ones that don't do the bullshit win-or-lose-the-big-team-advances on-campus early rounds

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 23, 2019

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

UVA struggling against UMass and I think there are very legit worries about this team finding the firepower to overcome hot-shooting nights by, say, ACC opposition. Time still to find something but right now this looks like a second-round exit kind of team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

elentar posted:

UVA struggling against UMass and I think there are very legit worries about this team finding the firepower to overcome hot-shooting nights by, say, ACC opposition. Time still to find something but right now this looks like a second-round exit kind of team.

Looked for all the world like they'd lose to Arizona State today, but the defense kept them in till Casey Morsell got super hot. He's gonna be a good one.