Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Show was great as always, but Jim Cornette needs to shut the gently caress up and stop axe-grinding about the Young Bucks on commentary for a completely different show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
and his remarks about nwa having full grown men and not "midgets and little boys" in what is obviously a reference to marko stunt. marko stunt is too unbelievable but the question mark and the actor dude are not too wacky?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

He commentated on Marko Stunt matches in MLW, didn't he?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddammit I don't think they provided me with enough info to figure out who is... THE QUESTION MARK? :smith:

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Show was great as always, but Jim Cornette needs to shut the gently caress up and stop axe-grinding about the Young Bucks on commentary for a completely different show.

Him just out of nowhere declaring nobody was cosplaying as a wrestler was just loving dumb and pointless and reminded me,"Oh yeah, I'm listening to Jim Cornette the piece of poo poo" when I'd just been enjoying the show up to that point.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Him just out of nowhere declaring nobody was cosplaying as a wrestler was just loving dumb and pointless and reminded me,"Oh yeah, I'm listening to Jim Cornette the piece of poo poo" when I'd just been enjoying the show up to that point.

Did he actually talk about "cosplaying as a wrestler" on a show that is a literal early 80s cosplay?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Yes. I think he does a good job other than those moments.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

karmicknight posted:

Did he actually talk about "cosplaying as a wrestler" on a show that is a literal early 80s cosplay?

Yep, just completely out of nowhere. It's very annoying since:

Seams posted:

I think he does a good job other than those moments.

It's exactly the kind of show he's best at commentating on and why he can't just be happy and loving announce it without bringing his own personal little grudges I do not understand.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm gonna get this PPV :allears:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The main thing preventing me from watching NWA regularly is having to listen to Cornette. I can't loving stand him. Billy and Lagana had multiple opportunities to poo poo can him and never pulled the trigger. Keeping him around is actively hurting their product.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Pinche Rudo posted:

The main thing preventing me from watching NWA regularly is having to listen to Cornette. I can't loving stand him. Billy and Lagana had multiple opportunities to poo poo can him and never pulled the trigger. Keeping him around is actively hurting their product.

Agree except I still watch because of how fun it is.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The best part of Cornette is I can tune him out pretty easily. I completely missed him making GBS threads on Question Mark. All I heard was sheep bleating.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ricky Starks is the best.

That is all.

https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1194399826584182784?s=21

Love.

ICR fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 13, 2019

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I’m disappointed that AEW has legs and this doesn’t, tbqh

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Basic Chunnel posted:

I’m disappointed that AEW has legs and this doesn’t, tbqh

you gotta subscribe to the newsletter

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Is that retromania game built on a firepro engine?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I love this loving creep

https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1111043446066868224

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hellblazer187 posted:

Is that retromania game built on a firepro engine?

It's based on the old WrestleFest game and is the "official sequel" to the game after reaching an agreement with the company who holds the current rights for WrestleFest (and Mat Mania). The developer has some sparse updates on their YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KnGOSXgwWs

It seems like it's gonna be pretty drat fun and I'm super stoked for it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Good god he rules so hard.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. Push Ricky to the moon: https://youtu.be/vzCgeJKkoA8

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i continue to enjoy how satisfyingly meaty and impactful the sound design makes everything seem. no idea where this main plot-line of secretive alliances is going

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

karmicknight posted:

Particularly annoying after he finally managed to both pay attention to and praise the women's match this week.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Atillo posted:

Particularly annoying after he finally managed to both pay attention to and praise the women's match this week.

Even Cornette knows not to gently caress wit' Rosa.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
god help me im considering buying an NWA PPV in 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I find it an amusing hour to watch but its very "TNA five years ago" with a touch of "I know you from CWFH/SW indies" so I'm definitely not looking to pay for it.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm gonna get this PPV :allears:

:same:

Into The Fire runs through my head all day.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
I really enjoyed the end of this week's episode, where little by little just about everyone on the roster came out and argued with each other, but it didn't disintegrate into a giant brawl. Not that I would have minded if it did, but it was a refreshing change of pace. :)

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

coconono posted:

you gotta subscribe to the newsletter

Somebody scoop me, I don’t have the petty cash to support another monthly expense

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Or is there actually some NuWA newsletter and we’re not talking abt Dave

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

Or is there actually some NuWA newsletter and we’re not talking abt Dave

there's an NWA email newsletter

in looking for it, i noticed the "deal of the week" is fifty cents off a pin that looks like the NWA heavyweight title

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The NWA's website is loving shameful.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

The NWA's website is loving shameful.

Surely that's a feature not a bug?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Am I going crazy or are they adding in tag "slaps" in post to make them sound clearer?
Like, the jobber team (Mimms and some other guy) had the worlds sloppiest tag where they barely touched each other but you could hear a loud "slap" a good half second after.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MrBling posted:

Am I going crazy or are they adding in tag "slaps" in post to make them sound clearer?
Like, the jobber team (Mimms and some other guy) had the worlds sloppiest tag where they barely touched each other but you could hear a loud "slap" a good half second after.

Typically the referee slaps their hands together after a tag is made to signify a tag is made, which may be what you're hearing.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Ganso Bomb posted:

Typically the referee slaps their hands together after a tag is made to signify a tag is made, which may be what you're hearing.

That's probably it and I just didn't notice because I wasn't paying attention to the referee.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
https://www.nationalwrestlingalliance.com/the-circle-squared

Billy Corgan posted:

On last week's #NWAPowerrr, NWA President William Patrick Corgan (aka Billy Corgan) teased an announcement that would open the envelope for talents to be a part of the National Wrestling Alliance.

Today, the National Wrestling Alliance and Lightning One announce a new series that will join NWA Powerrr and Ten Pounds Of Gold… The new show is called The Circle Squared.

This series will allow new talents an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is to get a chance to earn an NWA Talent contract. This competition show allows talents selected to step up to the circle of the podium to exhibit their talents on the microphone before stepping into the square of the ring to show their physical abilities in a wrestling match. The key to making the NWA roster and eventually NWA Powerrr will be in these talents ability to connect with the the live audience in Atlanta and the audience watching all over the world. The ultimate winner of The Circle Squared will earn an National Wrestling Alliance contract.

To apply to be on The Circle Squared, please follow these exact instructions.

Please submit via EMAIL ONLY the following 4 things. Any submissions that have any more or less than these 4 things will NOT be considered.

1) A two-paragraph bio that highlights your special and unique story as a professional wrestler.

2) A photo that best highlights your character/personality

3) A link to your best match uploaded to YouTube with your name and “The Circle Squared” in the subject

4) A link to your best interview uploaded to YouTube with your name and “The Circle Squared” in the subject.

All submission must be sent to the following email - talentrelations@nationalwrestlingalliance.com

The first episodes of NWA’s The Circle Squared will be recorded over the weekend of December 14th-16th in Atlanta, GA at GPB Studios. There will NOT be an in-person open call for this show. Only those talents selected from email submissions will be invited to Atlanta. Those selected will be emailed next steps and more information.

Videos of potential contestants will be featured on upcoming episodes of #NWAPowerrr every Tuesday at 6:05pm ET at YouTube.com/NWA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_RKnzXY47o

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh my god NWA tryouts are going to be amazingly bad I cannot wait

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Sounds like they’re focusing on acquiring indie wrestlers. So there’s that at least

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if it gets them more people like Ricky Starks, I'm on board. How every other promotion missed this guy is beyond me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Let's gooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

chilling out to the blissed out countdown music, readying myself to feel the powerrr