Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hum I feel good in my heart you are scum, considering deadline is at 9am tomorrow, won’t you vote merk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sigh not scum, town*

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I feel good in my heart he’s town.

I don’t whanna no lynch, I think Merks been scummy. The things he’s come through to say after have done nothing to dissuade me.

I’ll be around til probably 2am EST

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I will be around for deadline, it happens an hour after I get to work. If needed I will hammer to avoid no lunch

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

So who do you think of those 4 players is the scummiest and why?

ASF > you > Nat > EP

Gut, mostly

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

It’s rather large, you see

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Mr. Humalong posted:

ASF > you > Nat > EP

Gut, mostly

Uhhhhh, Sandwolf asks you about merk and you say:

Mr. Humalong posted:

The more he posts the worse I feel

Then jump to:

Mr. Humalong posted:

I, personally, will not vote merk today and, furthermore, find it suspicious a bunch of players that have been exceptionally quiet have suddenly appeared to vote him.

Your only mention of ASF is that he’s terrible because he almost posted about Pokémon. Your mention of me is a joke case. Have you mentioned Nat 20?

The only person you voiced suspicion of is the person you’re not willing to vote......

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Hum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No quid no, merk! Vote merk! For Hum’s actions to be scummy there merk has to be scum first so let’s lynch merk!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

No quid no, merk! Vote merk! For Hum’s actions to be scummy there merk has to be scum first so let’s lynch merk!

How does merk have to be scum? Can you explain your logic to me?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

correct me if I’m wrong but you seemed to be indicating you thought Hum was scummy for being suss of merk and then seemingly acting in contradiction to that - but wouldn’t that require merk and hum to be scum? Otherwise wouldn’t hum not give a poo poo if merk got lynched anyways

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This deadline is bad I want to discuss more now that I have time but everyone’s asleep :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

correct me if I’m wrong but you seemed to be indicating you thought Hum was scummy for being suss of merk and then seemingly acting in contradiction to that - but wouldn’t that require merk and hum to be scum? Otherwise wouldn’t hum not give a poo poo if merk got lynched anyways

Him distancing himself from a merk dunk is more likely to be him distancing himself from a misdunk, isn’t it? Especially since merk is the vote leader?

Like I’d probably lean into a potential vote and not drop jack poo poo until I had to vs overtly being like “nah I will under no circumstances vote for him even though I said I was susp earlier”

I’m not really getting why you think he’d do the latter to his scummate.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

Him distancing himself from a merk dunk is more likely to be him distancing himself from a misdunk, isn’t it? Especially since merk is the vote leader?

Like I’d probably lean into a potential vote and not drop jack poo poo until I had to vs overtly being like “nah I will under no circumstances vote for him even though I said I was susp earlier”

I’m not really getting why you think he’d do the latter to his scummate.

Mafia edit: lean into a potential vote of my scum team member

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Super tired, won't wake up in time for deadline. Fulfilling my promise.

##vote Quid

Good night.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

poo poo wrong person

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##vote A Sometimes Food

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

it’s that magical time of the night where I get to go to sleep and hope we don’t nolynch

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

merk (4): Sandwolf, Natural 20, Quidthulhu, A Sometimes Food, Epsilon Plus, Quidthulhu
Mr. Humalong (2): SolusLunes, Quidthulhu
Sandwolf (1): merk
PMush Perfect (1): Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Anomalous Amalgam
Quidthulhu (1): Epsilon Plus, Quidthulhu, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Kashuno, merk, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, merk, Quidthulhu, Epsilon Plus, PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
A Sometimes Food (1): Kashuno, Mr. Humalong, Kashuno, PMush Perfect, Mr. Humalong, PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
Epsilon Plus (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
Kashuno (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (1): Mr. Humalong

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 16th, 2019 at midnight AEST -- that's in about 6 hours, 27 minutes.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote merk iono if anyone gonna wake up

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m awake and can hammer myself I guess. Seems bad though.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We have three hours?

##vote Humalong - I agree that he’s distancing himself from a lynch on town here.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Sand wolf assuming I have to be scum for humalong to be scum is flatly wrong but maybe not scummy?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It is pretty frustrating that I got the game going by forcing out a weak (but in context of the game day good) case on Quidnose and then sand wolf only to get lynched for it. We would be still in jokephase but for that.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
The case on quid such as it was wasn't good, but that's forgivable. The pivot to Sandwolf was horrendous and the final pivot to hum is just as bad.

Reads as starting a case and then flailing to get anyone but yourself lunched.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Natural 20 posted:

The case on quid such as it was wasn't good, but that's forgivable. The pivot to Sandwolf was horrendous and the final pivot to hum is just as bad.

Reads as starting a case and then flailing to get anyone but yourself lunched.

I was building something out of nothing on day 1. Ignoring the game context to say that’s scummy is ridiculous.

Humalong saying I look scummy and then defending me is scummy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Merk got us all talking. Kill him!

I guess I’ll lurk all future day 1s.

I can hammer myself whenever. This isn’t moving elsewhere.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Like the most annoying thing about SA Mafia is people judging THE FIRST CASES OF A GAME against day 9 case standards. That is what is happening here. I was trying something to kickstart a dead day 1 and am being rewarded with a noose.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why would scum put their neck out day 1 instead of letting the game fester into a quid lynch? You have to believe I’m scum with quid there (but I voted quid).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

PMush Perfect posted:

##vote A Sometimes Food

Ackshully, reading again and less frustrated:

PMush spends the last page talking negatively about my lynch (saying I’m a try hard), then saying who cares who gets lynched d1, and then votes someone who definitely isn’t getting lynched.

This is scum d1 looking like they are helping us but actually doing nothing.

##vote Pmush

Probably humalong #2 and I can’t believe sandwolf actually thinks I’m scum so that would be 3.

Good luck goons!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Ok let’s find out if merk is scum or not

##vote merk

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:redhammer:

Oh yes, I forgot to mention in the rules, please try and respect the hammer with no further talking once it's recognised. If it comes early when I'm at work I might not be able to close the thread for a while.

Anyway, RIP merk, the Vanilla Extract, he was... VANILLA TOWN

the residents of Vanillatown all return to their homes feeling very terrible about having innocent blood on their hands, flavor poo poo yadda yadda, there will now be 24 hours of nightphase, see you tomorrow!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

merk (6): Sandwolf, Natural 20, Quidthulhu, A Sometimes Food, Epsilon Plus, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Mr. Humalong
PMush Perfect (2): Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Anomalous Amalgam, merk
Mr. Humalong (1): SolusLunes, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, merk, merk
Quidthulhu (1): Epsilon Plus, Quidthulhu, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Kashuno, merk, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, merk, Quidthulhu, Epsilon Plus, PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
A Sometimes Food (1): Kashuno, Mr. Humalong, Kashuno, PMush Perfect, Mr. Humalong, PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
Sandwolf (0): merk, merk
Epsilon Plus (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
Kashuno (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (0):

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 16th, 2019 at midnight AEST -- that's in about 35 minutes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh no! During the night, Vanilla Ice was brutally murdered!

:rip: Anomalous Amalgam, VANILLA TOWN

Day 2 begins now!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (9): A Sometimes Food, Epsilon Plus, Kashuno, Mr. Humalong, Natural 20, PMush Perfect, Quidthulhu, Sandwolf, SolusLunes

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 19th, 2019 at midnight AEST -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
What’s Gucci y’all

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Scum slow af

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Iced, iced, baby.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This is standard fare merk

On the one hand, AA’s purposeful ignorance to the merk stuff could be town simply uninterested in a merk lynch (as evidenced by the above statement). It could also be a shot at distancing themself from the lynch and I can see that too in the refusal to talk about it around the mounting pressure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah, I’d be OK with a merk vote. His “this is now a serious vote” is a real weak after the fact revision to justify a bad but easy vote, and he’s getting a bit too “here’s the mafia theory behind why I am right and good” which never strikes me as very town to me.

AA defending me rather than being immediately susp of me and jumping down my throat is also pinging me but that’s just gut :v:

This post feels like a lot of explaining to vote merk, overly self conscious of joining the lynch, but setting himself up to vote merk whenever.