Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Because in 2019 beastiality and psuedo-beastiality are still gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Bogart posted:

Also it’s 2019 how are we still going off about “aaa furries!!”

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I wish Disco Elysium kept its original name No Truce with the Furries.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Bogart posted:

Because they ruined anthropomorphism for many years to come.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Palpek posted:

Basement - a full release of a highly acclaimed Early Access game where you start an illegal business in your basement

Good thread, and thank you in particular for this, which I was interested in awhile ago and completely forgot about. May well pick up!

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Sparklite is a couple of days out. I don't know much about it. It sounds like a 2D Zelda-like from the description, it moves like Mercenary Kings, and it looks gorgeous.

Black Future '88 is a cyberpunk, 2D shoot'em up coming in a week. Looks like it leans hard into the established aesthetic. Again, gorgeous.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 13, 2019

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh man, I really don't need more games to play right now but that looks awesome, I'll be curious to find out more. At least I can hold off for another day or so since it doesn't have a price yet :sweatdrop:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

ItBreathes posted:

Remember that trailer from years ago where objects changed size depending on how near or far from the camera you moved them? It actually came out: Superliminal. Looks like it's an EGS exclusive, if you've got a bee in your bonnet about that.

Hey you, join the Navy!

this was good, if a bit on the short side (2 hours-ish)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Donnerberg posted:

Sparklite is a couple of days out. I don't know much about it. It sounds like a 2D Zelda-like from the description, it moves like Mercenary Kings, and it looks gorgeous.

Black Future '88 is a cyberpunk, 2D shoot'em up coming in a week. Looks like it leans hard into the established aesthetic. Again, gorgeous.

So many games nailing some stylish version of the old-school pixel aesthetic these days, I love it.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Bogart posted:

i still haven't come to terms with the fact that society at large has decided that it's socially acceptable to gently caress dogs

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

New cool games, ok? Derail over.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

President Ark posted:

I just finished up myself, I don't hate it or anything but I don't think I'll be suggesting it to people.

The core mechanics are really cool but the puzzles themselves felt kinda weak. There was only one that actually made me think about how to use what I had available. Quite a few "bet you weren't expecting to have needed to carry that item from the last room" early on trained me to not drop anything until I get to a legally distinct materials emancipation grid. After the first couple of Audiologs every time I saw one coming up all that was in my head was "will this be a joke from portal or stanley parable?"

it really doubled down and nearly lost me when the AI lady told me I was going the wrong way but I pushed through which was kinda ok because the actual ending sequence is pretty well done

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

OgNar posted:

Because they ruined anthropomorphism for many years to come.

Speaking of furries, here's Later Alligator. A disturbingly cute and fun little game that had me smiling the whole time I played it

https://store.steampowered.com/app/966320/Later_Alligator/

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Donnerberg posted:

Yeah, this looks pretty nice. And it has a demo.

Jarvisi posted:

Speaking of furries, here's Later Alligator. A disturbingly cute and fun little game that had me smiling the whole time I played it

A glowing review :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbmKuBrDhow

Dammit, I just bought MO: Astray, and now you show me another two cool games? :argh:

itry fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Nov 13, 2019

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Worth noting, Later Alligator is made by the Butera couple of Baman and Piderman fame. IMO that's another point in its favor.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Jarvisi posted:

This looks pretty sweet.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Another one of the sokpop patreon games got a deluxe version out today on steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1003730/Soko_Loco_Deluxe/

Think if it like Lego transport tycoon. They added a whole slew of levels as well as an editor and workshop support for custom challenges.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

President Ark posted:

(Superliminal)
The demo I had played caused me a lot of motion sickness, I have this problem with unity games sometimes. Did you notice anything like that?

tproc
Aug 22, 2012

Fuck you and your eyebrows.

Donnerberg posted:

Played the demo, this game has the sauce.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

SeXReX posted:

Another one of the sokpop patreon games got a deluxe version out today on steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1003730/Soko_Loco_Deluxe/
The mini-pixel graphics make this real cool.

Also:
Mr Pumpkin 2: Kowloon walled city - a point'n click adventure game with graphics that remind me of Amanita games a bit

Dancer
May 23, 2011
This will probably not be of interest to that many people but: Unity of Command 2 is out:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/809230/Unity_of_Command_II/

It's probably (I say having never played it) the perfect entry level war-game. UoC 1 was great but it skewed just a bit too much towards being a puzzle you can solve. I've done a bit of reading and some of the changes in this version are likely to push it into "actual war-game" territory, without making it grognard-only.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

DalaranJ posted:

(Superliminal)
The demo I had played caused me a lot of motion sickness, I have this problem with unity games sometimes. Did you notice anything like that?

no, but i almost never get motion sick in general so i'm probably the wrong person to ask

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Blacksad is out. I found this comic scene matching one of the screenshots:

Some Distant Memory - a really good-looking story-rich post-apocalyptic adventure game

Terminator Resistance - a new Terminator FPS released out of nowhere

Deadliest Catch The Game - those who would die to play the most realistic king crab fishing simulator set in a reality tv show - look no further

Feels - a text+ascii based RPG

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

sparklite is out now!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Flutter Bombs - a twin-stick shooter where you're a bloodthirsty butterfly killing beetles and other bugs, I don't know what the hell

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

queeb posted:

sparklite is out now!

And it's pretty fun! Sparklite plays more like Binding of Isaac than I expected, but that's fine.

Still There - is a point and click game that seems to be inspired by Moon and 2001: Space Odyssey. As a sucker for sci-fi about AI, I'm pretty curious about it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Donnerberg posted:

Still There - is a point and click game that seems to be inspired by Moon and 2001: Space Odyssey. As a sucker for sci-fi about AI, I'm pretty curious about it.
That's interesting. I don't know why all those Space Odyssey-inspired games started releasing lately but it's a thing:
Deliver Us To The Moon
Moons of Madness
Observation

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Maybe Tacoma helped influence them. Observation in particular looks like it has the same sort of ideas.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Today's portion:

D1896 - a dream-like horror action platformer

Globeswapper: Hex Puzzler - Minesweeper on a sphere

Dupli_City - get it? Anyway, it's a cyberpunk adventure game/visual novel, I think

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Every 5 years there's a fresh wave of "melancholy in space" media and I eat that poo poo up.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SHMtmW4-9g
https://tesselode.itch.io/eatgirl
Eat Girl is a "pac-like" where you gotta gobble up all the dots in each level without getting hit by the enemies. It's got a pretty cool speed/momentum mechanic as well as all new kinds of enemies that will try and stop the girl from eat.

Eat girl isn't SUPER fresh but there is a fresh new 1.1 patch with some QoL changes based on feedback and some more post-game secrets. The visuals are really cool, lots of sweet effects going on that you can read about here if you're so inclined https://medium.com/@tesselode/using-shaders-to-make-trippy-backgrounds-c109989ea037

e. I haven't played it so I won't "endorse" it but I feel obligated to at least put whatever this is in front of some eyeballs that might not see it
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1164620/Cyborg_Killer__2042/

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 17, 2019

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Is there a Pac-Man knock-off where you play as one of the ghosts? If not then somebody make one please.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Palpek posted:

Is there a Pac-Man knock-off where you play as one of the ghosts? If not then somebody make one please.

Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Palpek posted:

The TakeOver - a next-gen side-scrolling beat'em in the vein of Streets of Rage and Final Fight

i tried playing this, unfortunately the models seem to be from Poser? the graphics are wonky and the gameplay is unnaturally unbalanced, you get piled down by too many mooks which can wipe out your whole life bar purely by them surrounding you and dealing massive damage simultaneously. bosses are a joke because you get a "RAGE" function where you go invincible killing them within seconds. Moves seem to be limited with little scalability. It feels a lot like one of those mods done for that old Streets of Rage Remake project where the developers throw everything they think is cool (incl lots of guns), i admire the effort and honestly wish this were a bit better

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

That's disappointing - Steam reviews seemed to praise it for being as close to Final Fight as possible. Maybe that's actually the problem?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

President Ark posted:

no, but i almost never get motion sick in general so i'm probably the wrong person to ask

Update, I watched a short youtube video of Superliminal, and the nausea issue was still present. If you're concerned it might be a problem for you I suggest watching a youtube clip to find out.

I had the same issue with both Jazzpunk and Antichamber, and I'm glad I bought both those games, so if you like the concept I think you should get Superliminal anyway.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

DalaranJ posted:

Update, I watched a short youtube video of Superliminal, and the nausea issue was still present. If you're concerned it might be a problem for you I suggest watching a youtube clip to find out.

I had the same issue with both Jazzpunk and Antichamber, and I'm glad I bought both those games, so if you like the concept I think you should get Superliminal anyway.

For what it's worth there's an fov slider, people close to me who got sick from games have had some degree of luck tweaking a combination of that and lowered mouse sensitivity.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Spring Falls - a hexagonal puzzle game where you grow plants on a moutain

Squillamorph - 2D pixel art action platformer

XANARTHRAXIA - a Gameboy era-inspired rpg

Aria Dating Simulator - a completely normal dating sim VN with a girl named Aria

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

This one isn't new but it basically vanished in the flood so I figure it can fit here:

Golden Treasure: The Great Green - visual novel/CYOA game where you're a dragon and Steam says that if you liked Disco Elysium you should play this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Check this one out: ANNIE - a HD Voxel top-down shooting game

:eyepop: