Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Temp fix for waypoint problem- use wasd to move the red cursor around and make a waypoint because they hosed up the mouse waypoint in the map.

I’m almost done with the camp upgrade crafting so everyone can live in luxury for the whole single player. Just got to get another ox (why are there so many two star oxen in the word) and the two cougars (which I’m on the kill 5 cougars with a bow challenge anyway) and I’m set.

Dogen fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I still see it...?

poo poo, just confirmed that the lobbies are indeed combined. Changing your lock-on settings mid game does nothing, before it wouldn't let you. And if you tried to join your friend in the "wrong" lobby it would warn you.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

Electronico6 posted:

Are you using that launcher command they recommend? I was using it and it was giving me crashes, now I'm trying without it and no crashes, but it has the rare stutter.

Yeah, I was. I figured it couldn't hurt, but apparently it did. Just played about an hour without it, stopping by every town, and no issues whatsoever. Hopefully that's the end of it.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Has anybody attempted to run this on a Pentium g4560 and a GTX1050 ti? If so, hows the performance?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnIEb55MurA

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Hakarne posted:

This is so trivial, but how do you rotate your camera when you're crafting at a campfire? On console I could swing it around and watch my dude actually cook stuff, but for some reason it's just locked to his back. It makes it even more tedious having to make large batches of things and I feel dumb for not being able to figure this simple task out

Yeah I find you have to swing your camera to where you want it as your character is doing the “sit down at fire” animation and it’ll lock to wherever you leave it.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Wheezle posted:

Yeah I find you have to swing your camera to where you want it as your character is doing the “sit down at fire” animation and it’ll lock to wherever you leave it.

...And if I'm playing in 1st person it wouldn't be possible. That makes perfect sense as I think I always played in 3rd person on Xbox so I probably just did it automatically without thinking. Thanks for pointing that out.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Not a single hitch since the update on my i5 2500k & gtx 1060 6gb system, good stuff. The benchmark test has improved by about 20fps (average) too.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
The update nuked my settings and I can't get it back to the smooth 70fps or so I had before.

I was one of the lucky ones in that I've had no issues from launch, feels like the pendulum has swung now.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Welcome to last week.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

The update nuked my settings and I can't get it back to the smooth 70fps or so I had before.

I was one of the lucky ones in that I've had no issues from launch, feels like the pendulum has swung now.

I had this too. After fiddling with the settings and rebooting the game a couple times I’m back to ~60

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So does anyone else kinda not feel like playing online anymore now that Free Aim lobbies are gone? Am I overreacting? So far every Free Roam event I've done has just been me getting killed within seconds by someone deathmatching, regardless of the objective.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Red Dead air races (Me driving)

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Elendil004 posted:

Holy poo poo the horses :perfect:

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So does anyone else kinda not feel like playing online anymore now that Free Aim lobbies are gone? Am I overreacting? So far every Free Roam event I've done has just been me getting killed within seconds by someone deathmatching, regardless of the objective.

Oh wow that would explain a lot. Was that change after the update last night? I did Railroad Baron after the update downloaded and it sure did seem like people were hitting me a lot more consistently when I was going full tilt on my horse. That really sucks and I hate the change, but it makes me feel a bit better because I still held my own and kicked a lot of rear end against auto-aim scum.

Hopefully it's just a bug and they fix it because that really blows. I'll probably only log on to keep my daily streak going and just focus on the single player for now.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Elendil004 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mynzbmrtp9I

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Frankston posted:

Not a single hitch since the update on my i5 2500k & gtx 1060 6gb system, good stuff. The benchmark test has improved by about 20fps (average) too.

I thought I had a performance boost too but it turns out it just resets your settings and lowers the defaults. I can't remember exactly what my settings were but so far I'm at about -5% after the patch and the latest nvidia driver.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Happy with the patch and the new nVIDIA drivers. Trees and vegetation now sway as they should, instead of glitching out and skipping animation frames like they did at launch.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
How do I lock the framerate on PC? Changing the refresh rate setting seems to do literally nothing, including changing the refresh rate

edit: Also, is there... no fullscreen mode? The fullscreen setting is pretty clearly still borderless windowed and not exclusive fullscreen, I can tell because GSync doesn't work with it.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 15, 2019

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Vsync and yeah it’s still borderless windowed despite saying full screen is fixed in the patch

Iceache
Jul 9, 2009
Fuckin lol
The weight loss is tied to frames https://www.reddit.com/r/PCRedDead/comments/dwjp1t/i_think_ive_just_made_a_discovery_about_a_big/

So the better your FPS, the thinner you get. Kinda like the reverse goon.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Is weight loss causing my dude's face to get all hosed up eventually or is that just good old GTAO style character randomization for no reason?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

What is with these massive patches? Is this the BFV school of updating?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dogen posted:

Vsync and yeah it’s still borderless windowed despite saying full screen is fixed in the patch

Bummer. Guess I'm sitting on it a bit longer then, there's no HUGE issues on my end but it's kinda like death by a thousand cuts in terms of small stuff adding up.

Iceache posted:

Fuckin lol
The weight loss is tied to frames https://www.reddit.com/r/PCRedDead/comments/dwjp1t/i_think_ive_just_made_a_discovery_about_a_big/

So the better your FPS, the thinner you get. Kinda like the reverse goon.

Jesus.

This port is such a shame, especially compared to GTA 5's PC version which ran pretty good out of the box. They'll never top the Max Payne 3 port though, that thing runs like an absolute dream and always has.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
The full screen vsync and frame rate weightloss bugs explain so much.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Yeah, my Arthur is a walking bag of bones. I kept force feeding him, but nothing stuck.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

I maxed out all of my cores at the start of the boat mission and by the time i was actually on the boat arthur was walking around clutching his belly and sulking into the camera

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

thats an amazing bug, does it affect his beard too?
i never shaved arthur but his beard seemed to top out at coffee shop and never got to cowboy gandalf

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Sleekly posted:

i never shaved arthur but his beard seemed to top out at coffee shop and never got to cowboy gandalf

In singleplay you can sort of cheese it by slamming hair growth tonics and taking a long fast travel trip, a lot of ingame "time" passes on each trip. You can get some majestic staches and beards like that. 3 tonics for one hair "level".

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Nov 15, 2019

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

So, the fact that my system runs the game at about 40-45 FPS is actually a blessing in disguise, so I don't literally starve despite wolfing down several steaks in a row. :v:

:rockstar:

(but the game is absolutely wonderful, I'm having a ton of fun, about 15 hours in and I'm still not even close to finishing Chapter 2 :D )

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Fishstick posted:

In singleplay you can sort of cheese it by slamming hair growth tonics and taking a long fast travel trip, a lot of ingame "time" passes on each trip. You can get some majestic staches and beards like that.

sweet! john is gonna have the biggest blackest fuckin beard now and maybe i can get some of thise bullshit challenges done finally. the gambling ones are BULLSHIT

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I think I already know the answer, but is the Rockstar Launcher capable of resuming a download if the connection craps out or I have to restart the computer?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
It can absolutely do resumes, I downloaded that 105gb install across several nights at 2mb/s, even between restarts

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
gently caress me. 100% unplayable now. If I use DX, I get infinite loading screens. If I use Vulkan, it loads but I get a weird screen full of swarming purple & green pixels. Any ideas? I've turned every setting to minimum and no difference.
Weirdly it worked briefly last night.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Fishstick posted:

It can absolutely do resumes, I downloaded that 105gb install across several nights at 2mb/s, even between restarts

Great! I thought it was 150 GB?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

SplitSoul posted:

Great! I thought it was 150 GB?

Unpacked I guess

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Hahaha I thought my cores were draining faster. Console Arthur was chronically underweight, so that didn’t trouble me, but I have noticed both Arthur’s cores and the horse cores start dipping way earlier in the day than I would have thought (although gold cores seem to work normally). I’m running at 60fps so I’m not as bad off as reddit guy.

Sleekly posted:

Beard growth is tied to what chapter you’re in, it has a maximum length that is increased in each chapter.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think it's until Chapter 4 that you'll be able to grow out Arthur's hair and beard to the full length, and even then it's only after you complete a certain mission if memory serves.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Deketh posted:

gently caress me. 100% unplayable now. If I use DX, I get infinite loading screens. If I use Vulkan, it loads but I get a weird screen full of swarming purple & green pixels. Any ideas? I've turned every setting to minimum and no difference.
Weirdly it worked briefly last night.

Sounds like a video card or video card driver issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
Just an update from me: BES has solved my problems enough that the game is quite playable, at least until I get hosed by some other bug. It is a unique and neat enough thing that I am not going to try to return it.

This is the first thing I've tried to play which has shown the cracks in my aged i5-6500 (gtx 1080 picks up some slack, but at some point I am CPU bound) so this spring I'll probably do a new mobo/ram/proc.

I am at the point where I still enjoy meticulously picking out parts, but my aging hands and eyes no longer find any joy in wiring up loving front panel lights and poo poo and basically if I can find some 21 year old kid around here who will come do it for a 12 pack and a half ounce of weed, done deal. (technically, under state law, the beer would have to be the payment and the pot would have to be an unsolicited tip for which I received no services or renumeration ;) )