Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Moon Slayer posted:

Has anyone played Jedi: Fallen Order, and if so are there any Rebels easter eggs in it? I know from the trailers that the Inquisitors are a going concern but anything else?

I'm only a few hours in, but the player character's (presumably dead) master who shows up in flashbacks is a (species spoiler)Lasat. He wears a variant of Anakin's TCW armor and looks badass.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

OK, that's pretty cool.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I hope the Inquisitors can do the helicopter thing with their lightsabers in the game.

ZorpZuppins
Nov 8, 2012

teagone posted:

Fallen Order would've been infinitely cooler if you got to play as someone other than generic white rice vanilla Jedi man.

This is my main issue with it. Would a Mass Effect tier character customization system have been so hard? Apparently a developer claimed they didn't want a female character because it would "compete" with Rey which is a real galaxy-brain take. Other than that the game looks pretty cool, especially his little droid friend.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Galaxy far far away-brain.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Baby steps for EA apparently

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The game doesn't seem to be actively hostile or exploitative to players, so definitely an improvement!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I love how Cal's usually grimy and scruffy, but his hair is in impeccable condition

Lotta jank in the animations, and there's a lot of walking around in the opposite direction of the objective to learn how to progress through the objective

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ZorpZuppins posted:

This is my main issue with it. Would a Mass Effect tier character customization system have been so hard? Apparently a developer claimed they didn't want a female character because it would "compete" with Rey which is a real galaxy-brain take. Other than that the game looks pretty cool, especially his little droid friend.

Character customization does apparently eat up a ton of space on a game, so they could have at least said that and it be true. (The answer about competing with Rey is dumb, though.)

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I've never much cared about customization honestly, since it often goes hand in hand with "play it YOUR way" style games and I'd just prefer to have one solid, defined character and style of gameplay; rather than a vague character who has to fill every variation and gameplay that does a little bit of everything, but most or all of it to a mediocre degree. More characters could be non-white males, but I'd prefer to have them be that one thing than customizing it to suit me, personally. Because I'll just end up vaguely sliding a few bars to make it look kind of different and see what it does, and then selecting pretty much the default anyway. I'm not an artist, and I don't want to have to pretend to be before I can play a game.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Second episode of The Mandalorian was even better than the first. It's a fun little self-contained narrative that also pushes the story forward with some really good action beats. Little Yodaling is cute af :allears:

And drat, the score owns so hard.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Gonz posted:

Doctor Pershing had a Kaminoan clone uniform patch on his shoulder.

Wait, really? Well, that at least hints at what the plans may be.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Mando episode 2 owns.

THE EGG! THE EGG! THE EGG!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, really? Well, that at least hints at what the plans may be.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

All I could think of with the Sandcrawler sequence was that level of Super Star Wars

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Roth posted:

All I could think of with the Sandcrawler sequence was that level of Super Star Wars

Hard same. I absolutely believe that was a direct reference.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They had Rex from Star Tours in the dang third episode of Rebels, these guys are big nerds

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Roth posted:

Thanks for reminding me :gonk:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the mandalorian is a weird, weird show. the pacing is weird, the tone is weird. Jawas eating the poo poo out of a raw egg was loving weird?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I enjoyed the first season of CW more or less, but I was not prepared for Cad Bane to start snapping necks and torturing people to death.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
loving jawas man

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

I enjoyed the first season of CW more or less, but I was not prepared for Cad Bane to start snapping necks and torturing people to death.

Clone Wars goes to dark places at times. Like when Clone Troopers were setting Geonosins on fire:
https://i.imgur.com/Nm6SgW9.mp4

Or when Ahsoka decapitated several Mandalorians at once:
https://i.imgur.com/adf0bxq.mp4

[edit]

Doorknob Slobber posted:

the mandalorian is a weird, weird show. the pacing is weird, the tone is weird. Jawas eating the poo poo out of a raw egg was loving weird?

It's weird as hell, yeah. And I absolutely love it.

teagone fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 16, 2019

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YaUgn72o3Q
Gotta get those sweet disintegrations in somewhere.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
No wonder Vader was so against disintegrations

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The yodaling is the best thing to happen to Star Wars imo. The little dude gives off huge Gizmo vibes. He's so goddamn cute :argh:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

teagone posted:

The yodaling is the best thing to happen to Star Wars imo. The little dude gives off huge Gizmo vibes. He's so goddamn cute :argh:

They're gonna sell a million of those plushies at Starwarstown: DisneyPlanet.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

teagone posted:

Clone Wars goes to dark places at times. Like when Clone Troopers were setting Geonosins on fire:
https://i.imgur.com/Nm6SgW9.mp4

Or when Ahsoka decapitated several Mandalorians at once:
https://i.imgur.com/adf0bxq.mp4

I think it was the first story arc that had battle droids making jokes as they cut through escape pods, ejecting the unprotected survivors into space.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I mean, after watching Episode 2, i’m convinced that it’s Baby Yoda that was cloned prior to ANH via Imperial shenanigans. They even play a little bit of the Yoda motif as he’s trying to heal the Mando.......and then the big Force display during the egg fight.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 16, 2019

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I hope not, that smacks of the worst parts of the old EU. My guess is that it's a force-sensitive child that they want to exploit, it just happens to be a member of Yoda's species.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Moon Slayer posted:

My guess is that it's a force-sensitive child that they want to exploit, it just happens to be a member of Yoda's species.

Same sentiment.

Also just posting to post again because I rewatched the second episode for a third time and I can't get over the yodaling trying to heal the mando being so much :kimchi: The way the mando picks the yodaling up to put back in the carrier is also very much :kimchi:

#BabyYoda is also trending on twitter.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moon Slayer posted:

I hope not, that smacks of the worst parts of the old EU.

Episode 3: The mandalorian returns to his death star hideout

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/ben69solo/status/1195123955071369216?s=19

aba
Oct 2, 2013
Going back to the kid's show chat I can understand why this was deleted but I still would have like to have it part of that episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esbI1HTzRHA

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Gonz posted:

I mean, after watching Episode 2, i’m convinced that it’s Baby Yoda that was cloned prior to ANH via Imperial shenanigans. They even play a little bit of the Yoda motif as he’s trying to heal the Mando.......and then the big Force display during the egg fight.

That doesn't work. It's too old for that. At fifty years old, given when this show takes place, it's as old as Anakin would be at this point. It's very slightly older than the clone army project on Kamino as well.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Two further thoughts from Clone Wars - one is how quickly I warmed up to Ahsoka. She's cool and good once they drop "Sky-guy" from her vocab.

The other is, oh, yeah, Aurra Sing used to be a thing.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Loved everything to do with those Jawas in Ep2 of Mando.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Jawas love nacho cheese eggs.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

PantsOptional posted:

That doesn't work. It's too old for that. At fifty years old, given when this show takes place, it's as old as Anakin would be at this point. It's very slightly older than the clone army project on Kamino as well.

yodas race just has a lot of midiclorians by default or whatever

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

teagone posted:

Clone Wars goes to dark places at times. Like when Clone Troopers were setting Geonosins on fire

I love how Landing at Point Rain and Weapons Factory are more-or-less a retelling of the Battle of Geonosis, but now they have the ability to actually show it instead of obscuring it in dust clouds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dawgstar posted:

The other is, oh, yeah, Aurra Sing used to be a thing.

I remember all of the message boards and fan magazines prior to Episode 1 hyping up Aurra Sing as the next big thing, "Babe Fett" etc. And then she's in the movie in a cutaway shot for like half a second and never shows up again in that trilogy.