Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I dunno, French feta is the super bland one (like one step sharper than that generic goats cheese Church sells in the cookie-dough looking two-packs) right?

Bulgarian, I dunno, but when country of origin is provided (not super common since we’re in goddamn Wisconsin: literally why import?) French always seems :flaccid:.

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Mondian posted:

Fwiw that feta is merely serviceable, it only seems great because 99% of American supermarket feta is dry, overpriced trash. You usually need to find a local grocer serving an expat community to find the good stuff, but if you do you can bring your own container and they'll usually hook you up with the brine too. Also, buy French or Bulgarian feta it's usually better.

I was checking out the 2 day delivery via the app and it says free delivery, but there's a $2-3 upcharge on virtually every item, not blessed!

Most supermarkets *have* good feta, it's just by the pricier cheeses in the deli case and not the cheap poo poo on the wall of cheese and cheese-flavored product. Rogue Creamery, Murray's, Vermont Creamery, etc. are all at Kroger.

Went to church tonight to grab a massive pot pie and bag of dried mangoes to carry me through the next week (this weekend and next are funerals yaaaaay :smith: ), PBUC

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

When I die and they lay me to rest
Gonna go to the place that's the best (Costco)

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
That emergency coffin they sell comes in bulk!

idk if they are

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I am told you can order dogs in bulk, and they will adjust the price if you order without a drink. Please advise.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

That emergency coffin they sell comes in bulk!

idk if they are

P. sure we got her and my grandpa's urns on Amazon or some poo poo, they picked them out before they died so we wouldn't get suckered by a funeral home. He died on Christmas eve in 2017, so we're finally interring both of their, uh, grandma.zip and grandpa.zip screwtop brass jars.

Like 90% of the funeral budget is going to booze, my fam knows what's up.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FogHelmut posted:

I am told you can order dogs in bulk, and they will adjust the price if you order without a drink. Please advise.

You gotta figure you’ll still need some drinks in there though? Maybe skip the drink 2:3 and take it on the remaining 1:3?

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
The Costco cash card is now a "shop" card and can no longer be redeemed for cash.

Costco gets shittier every day.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

13Pandora13 posted:

grandma.zip and grandpa.zip
Jesus, that just made me snort bourbon. Raising my glass (and potentially some snot) to grandma and grandpa.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FogHelmut posted:

Well the dogs gotta drink. Why would you neglect your bulk dogs? They sell giant bags of dog food at costco!

:doggo:

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Masala noodles report: ehhhhhhhh. noods are mushy and the sauce is more salt than flavor. I'd much rather just make some Japanese curry and combine it with some spaghetti. It only had microwave directions, so maybe it'd be better with stovetop preparation, but I think this Sukhi's brand is a bust (I just recalled having their chicken tikka a longggg time ago and it was pretty mediocre too)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Tonight I asked my 2 year old to pick what he wanted for dinner.

He said Costco pizza. He is a smart and good boy.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

canyoneer posted:

Tonight I asked my 2 year old to pick what he wanted for dinner.

He said Costco pizza. He is a smart and good boy.

thats called "good parenting"

nice work have a beer

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Went to church and got enough Seltzer and burgers to get through the rest of the year. Grabbed a frozen pizza to heat up with some pals but didn't have time for the dog. PBUC

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Currently making the mistake of going to church at 2:30pm on a Saturday. Pray for us.

Edit: we're at least blessed to be at the first Costco location in Seattle. Parking here is atrocious though.

Edit 2: don't go to the Seattle Sodo Costco at 2:30pm on a Saturday.

Did acquire salted egg cookies and an ugly Christmas sweater among other things. They had both the $99 and a $550 jamón ibérico, acorn fed.

Involuntary Sparkle fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 17, 2019

Zuur
May 2, 2009

MageMage posted:

The Costco cash card is now a "shop" card and can no longer be redeemed for cash.

Costco gets shittier every day.

IIRC It has to do with some law changes in Idaho, Oregon and some other state cracking down on money laundering through gift cards. Still sucks though.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

I dunno, French feta is the super bland one (like one step sharper than that generic goats cheese Church sells in the cookie-dough looking two-packs) right?

Nah, it's usually on the creamier and saltier side, though that varies ofc by who makes it.

Anyone tried the Kirkland LaCroix knockoff?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

salted egg cookies

Well those are 3 words I never expected to see together.

Zuur posted:

IIRC It has to do with some law changes in Idaho, Oregon and some other state cracking down on money laundering through gift cards. Still sucks though.

I've gotten my credit card information stolen twice and both times they bought a ton of gift cards.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Salted egg anything is amazing!

Ebeneezer Splooge
Nov 2, 2018

I've gotten my credit card information stolen twice and both times they bought a ton of gift cards.

:smith:

That's very rude of them.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Mondian posted:

It's average. I prefer the Ice Mountain brand sparkling water, but I usually buy Kirkland because it's such a good price and I'm not very picky about the fizzy water that I put into my body.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mondian posted:

Sister loves em. She would perfectly ok if we showed up with a case of em instead of any other named brands.

I hate seltzer and I think they taste like water with farts.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
They do not have unflavored so it is useless to our house :mad:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Went today. Got a new Shark XL vacuum to start. Got the feta we are talking about I can confirm is nice and tangy and delicious.

I also got these pre-made Egg Bites with ham and cheese. I love the ones at Starbucks so I'm giving these a shot.

I also spotted Kirkland Peppermint Bark. Looks good. Did not buy though.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chinatown posted:

Oh yeah, I bought that today for a presentation at work next week. I'm hoping it hasn't changed from previous years, it's always been awesome.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

Went today. Got a new Shark XL vacuum to start. Got the feta we are talking about I can confirm is nice and tangy and delicious.

I also got these pre-made Egg Bites with ham and cheese. I love the ones at Starbucks so I'm giving these a shot.

What are the egg bites? Like a frittata?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

What are the egg bites? Like a frittata?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oh neat. I should look for those.

I hate your nail polish.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
peep the image URL bruh

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have no reason to ever check that.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Chinatown posted:

oh yeah, i ate those a bunch when i was on a keto diet. they're very good for that. i don't think i'd get them much normally but they're perfectly edible and a good high protein-low carb breakfast. make sure to throw some hot sauce on em

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Ooh I want those egg bites. Last time I got a pack of frozen mini quiche things with and without crust and they are kind of egg bite like but very small, appy size. Also some good frozen samosas.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mondian posted:

costco sells san pellegrino so you'd be a fool to choose an inferior bubbly water

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

costco sells san pellegrino so you'd be a fool to choose an inferior bubbly water

I wish they sold just the lemon one, the packs that have the grapefruit or orange or whatever I just want the lemon!!

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Blood Orange and Lemon would be the ideal pairing.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
The San Pellegrino I got at Costco wasn't bubbly at all. Do they make non-sparkling water or did I get a hosed up batch? It still tasted fine and 4 months later I haven't died (as far as I know) so I'm not too salty about it I guess.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

AF posted:

*representative of a doobie dog

Do you think Doobie ever ate a Costco dog?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The Costco egg bites are weird. But the frozen Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast sandwiches? Those are awesome and I’m sad they have disappeared. Those were like three months of well balanced breakfast.

Pro tip: take off their crappy cheese and put on a slice of your own good cheese and a dash of hot sauce between the first and second trips in the microwave.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

priznat posted:

I wish they sold just the lemon one, the packs that have the grapefruit or orange or whatever I just want the lemon!!

Yaeh the orange is vile. Lemon is the only great one but I’d also be ok with Lemon + blood orange but that variety pack suck rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Xaris posted:

Yaeh the orange is vile. Lemon is the only great one but I’d also be ok with Lemon + blood orange but that variety pack suck rear end

I don’t think I have tried the blood orange, the orange is all kinds of bitter though and I hate it.

The Lemon is so great I love tart/sour drinks like that. Canada dry lemonade gingerale is a limited time flavour here and I bought up a bunch of packs of them when they were clearing out.