Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I opened a big bottle of apple cider and now my hand hurts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
rip to your hand but im different

*hurts elbow simply by extending arm*

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

both of my forearms feel like they are sore but I have no idea why. This has been going on for maybe a month now. My current theory is that it is some form of mismatch between desk height, chair arm rest height, and chair height of my work desk or home desk or both.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

gang stalkers are using wifi to make your morgellons ache

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
[ASK] me about being a Targeted Individual

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i have an achey elbow from clicking too many things

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Ever since my September Sojourn in the hospital I've had to deal with the constant fear that, any time I feel itchy, it's actually my bilirubin levels creeping back up (they were really high and one of the effects of a high billy level is that you get take-a-belt-sander-to-your-skin itchy).

:ohdear:

E: Also I learned that billy lights aren't a thing for adults, they're just used in NICUs?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
omg i’m beat. when is bedtime?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

friday evening, motherfuckers

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

President Beep posted:

omg i’m beat. when is bedtime?

i've been going to sleep around six lately, and then waking up at ten to look at the internet for a couple hours before going back to sleep

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I’ve been having to wake up at 3:30am so bedtime has been around 8 for me recently

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

prefect posted:

look at the internet

NO DONT.

:ohdear:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

prefect posted:

i've been going to sleep around six lately, and then waking up at ten to look at the internet for a couple hours before going back to sleep

been doing a 10:30 bedtime (normally a midnight person) and im waking up rested and way earlier now. not sure i like it in winter but eh

DiggityDoink posted:

I’ve been having to wake up at 3:30am so bedtime has been around 8 for me recently

my grandparents did this even in retirement and now it honestly doesnt sound too bad now that everything is streaming and time doesnt matter

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

theyd wait for the morning paper. imagine the zen like calm of waiting for the news in 2019 instead of being bombarded every three seconds

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Agile Vector posted:

theyd wait for the morning paper. imagine the zen like calm of waiting for the news in 2019 instead of being bombarded every three seconds

having been there it is not zen at all. when you are twiddling your thumbs waiting for the paperboy it sucks real bad

waking up and finding the paper already delivered, now that, that fuckin owns

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
on my own getting old thing i find i can no longer reliably sleep through the night

i go to bed, wake up about four hours later, piddle around a bit, and sometimes i go back to bed for another four hours or so

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

on my own getting old thing i find i can no longer reliably sleep through the night

i go to bed, wake up about four hours later, piddle around a bit, and sometimes i go back to bed for another four hours or so
this was fairly common practice for rurals before electric light

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

piddle around a bit

get your prostate checked

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

c old s: got a cut today and realized all my greys are in my temples which is cool but also im getting more in my forehead than i thought i was

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

having been there it is not zen at all. when you are twiddling your thumbs waiting for the paperboy it sucks real bad

waking up and finding the paper already delivered, now that, that fuckin owns

as a kid i spent a weekend with them and this does resonate, but i wasnt sure if it was because i was 13 and didnt understand the concept of waking at 3:30

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

join the yospos melatonin crew

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i used to have this kind of insomnia where I’d be up for three hours or so every night. had to retrain my stupid POS brain to sleep all night with doxepin.

oh, and cpap too. cpap crew.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Insomnia is cool because if you don't get enough sleep you're probably going to increase your chances of getting alzheimers but if you take a lot of sleeping medications you're also going to increase your chances of getting alzheimers. Luckily thinking about how important sleep and the fact that you're not getting enough is is a great way to fall asleep easier.

mystes fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 16, 2019

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

meditating and melatonin helped me

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mystes posted:

double alzheimers

way to spoil my posting secret.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

way to spoil my posting secret.
you have a talent for paraphrasing

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I take all the melatonins. I’m trying to get away from using antihistamines because: :shudder:.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Agile Vector posted:

join the yospos melatonin crew

i already take a distressing number of pills, many of whom have unknown or dangerous interactions

i'm not hyped about adding an unregulated "supplement" to that pile or having that conversation with my doctor

President Beep posted:

i used to have this kind of insomnia where I’d be up for three hours or so every night. had to retrain my stupid POS brain to sleep all night with doxepin.

oh, and cpap too. cpap crew.

i can't loving sleep with the cpap

on a good night with the cpap, i get two or three hours of sleep, and it only cuts the number of incidents by 3/4ths, which is ... not great.

the doctors want me to do a sleep study with the cpap to prove that central apnea is the major problem, so i that i qualify for some surgical implant thing, but since i can't reliably fall asleep or stay asleep, i can't very well do the sleep study

the only reason i stick with it is that 3 hours with the cpap is roughly equivalent to 10 hours without it, so even though my success rate is <50%, and i rarely get more than 3-4 hours, it's still worth it when it works :(

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

what kind of mask do you use? i’m good at keeping my mouth shut (for real!) so i use the one that only has the little but that goes under your nose and the hose is at the top of your head. doesn’t bother me much at all.

fake edit: this one: https://www.easybreathe.com/-p4440.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuLqAq-Dt5QIVzZyzCh3TCw7rEAQYASABEgKTT_D_BwE

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

what kind of mask do you use? i’m good at keeping my mouth shut (for real!) so i use the one that only has the little but that goes under your nose and the hose is at the top of your head. doesn’t bother me much at all.

fake edit: this one: https://www.easybreathe.com/-p4440.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuLqAq-Dt5QIVzZyzCh3TCw7rEAQYASABEgKTT_D_BwE
tell me of your homeworld, usul

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

President Beep posted:

i changed masks a couple times

turns out that despite the fact that i am a mouthbreather at night, a mask that only touches my nose is fine because if i open my mouth, the incredibly unpleasant sensation will prompt me to stop

so now i wear some itty bitty thing that looks a lot like the oxygen nozzles that people with lung disease wear, except with a corrugated hose

the original mask design mandated for mouthbreathers was agony. just, horrifying. i'd wake up strangling several times a night. what a disaster

edit: also, just in general, using a cpap feels a lot like drowning. it's physically extremely unpleasant to have air rammed down your airway by positive pressure

Notorious b.s.d. fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 16, 2019

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Uptime Sinclair posted:

my wife tells me i look like someone from whoville when i have it on

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

people at the office say the same thing.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

YOU CANT’T REDUCE THE LIKING CHRISTMAS A LOT BUDGET! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Uptime Sinclair posted:

yeah the actually-tolerable masks look very much like the david lynch version

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

goon... badasspiss... dessert planet...

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

syntaxrigger posted:

both of my forearms feel like they are sore but I have no idea why. This has been going on for maybe a month now. My current theory is that it is some form of mismatch between desk height, chair arm rest height, and chair height of my work desk or home desk or both.

are you sure it’s not gout

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gout and Armsgonnafalloff syndrome.

E: oh and possobly calcium deficiency. When in doubt, drink more milk.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
OldCJ: I'm seriously considering getting a cardigan to wear around.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

my dude, do you not have an office cardigan?

gently caress, i have two!

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I’m pretty sure I’ll never be old or dorky enough to own a cardigan. tweed jacket with leather patches on the elbows on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

DiggityDoink posted:

I’m pretty sure I’ll never be old or dorky enough to own a cardigan. tweed jacket with leather patches on the elbows on the other hand...
Every gentleman should have a good vaping jacket.