Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

alansmithee posted:

So I was wondering, is there a reason Sumail hasn't joined another team yet? I know the rumors were always he was playing with his brother, but it seems strange that he wasn't picked up basically immediately after EG released him. Isn't he still considered one of the better mids in the world?

EG never released him. He's still under contract and if anyone wants him on their team they have to reach an agreement on a buy out with EG.

http://www.evilgeniuses.gg/news/eg-2020-dota-roster

quote:

First, it is prudent to discuss our departures. Gustav “s4” Magnusson and Sumail “SumaiL” Hassan will remain under contract and be open to transfer talks.

I don't believe s4 is on a team either and that's also why.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

IcePhoenix posted:

EG never released him. He's still under contract and if anyone wants him on their team they have to reach an agreement on a buy out with EG.

http://www.evilgeniuses.gg/news/eg-2020-dota-roster

I don't believe s4 is on a team either and that's also why.

That seems really lovely. Unless my understanding is off (which it could be since things have changed rapidly) but the actual org salaries are a small part of the overall income, and most comes from outside endorsements, tournaments, etc. So they're basically locked out of a big part of their revenue stream (and I also doubt EG's gonna bother promoting either of them much knowing they're gonna be on another team).

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
It's a sports contract - they are designed to favor the org. That being said, I doubt the buyouts are super steep. Life of a Genius is a cool PR thing but it also shows just how much Phil plus whoever was around (Fear, ppd, Crit, etc) had to babysit Sumail sometimes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It also kind of amuses me that people cry out for more protection for the players with contracts that the org can't just terminate with effectively no warning, but this is the byproduct of that.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
We also don’t know if sumail has gotten any offers or not and has decided to maybe take a bit of a break.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
On a different subject Zai streaming with Yapzor ruining high rank games is some fun poo poo

Safe lane Yasha Axe doesn't seem to be working so far but offlane Blink Refresher QoP did pretty well

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

On a different subject Zai streaming with Yapzor ruining high rank games is some fun poo poo

Safe lane Yasha Axe doesn't seem to be working so far but offlane Blink Refresher QoP did pretty well

XinQ was ahead of the meta

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Wasnt there someone on Infamous that grabbed two Blinks on QOP and ended up losing?

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Zurreco posted:

It's a sports contract - they are designed to favor the org. That being said, I doubt the buyouts are super steep. Life of a Genius is a cool PR thing but it also shows just how much Phil plus whoever was around (Fear, ppd, Crit, etc) had to babysit Sumail sometimes.

I underestand sports contracts will tend to favor the org, but as I pointed out unlike other sports leagues where outside of a few ultra-famous stars the vast majority of the money a player makes is from the contract, my understanding is the actual org pays little and it's tourney prize pools and endorsement opportunities and things of that nature. When Carmelo got paid to stay away from the Rockets it's not like he was losing out on much because they still had to pay him.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The big orgs pay high 5 digits. Specifically Sumail was said to be making 6 digits from his salary in an interview with Phil a while ago.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/16/16155504/dota2-the-international-valve-2017-esports-economics

TL paid their team 100k-200k salaries.

Kild fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 15, 2019

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
From what I've gleaned from streams, T1 teams pay enough salary that you don't need anything else - high 5 to low 6 figures if you attend LANs. If you stream or do sponsor events, the kickbacks are substantial but not necessary. You also get most incidentals comped (according to when pdd and Uni were on EG). Grant said that EG players rarely stream because their compensation is great as is. Keep in mind that Grant gets paid enough by EG as a personality that he was willing to leave a job w benefits.

If you're on a T2 team, salaries are living wage but there is good pay to stream with their overlay and sponsors on. BSJ said he stopped aggressively advertising coaching sessions because coL paid him well enough to just stream with their logo.

T3 teams are where you basically get food and a cheap teamhouse room as your salary.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Team Spirit draft is the most obnoxious bullshit and I hope they lose bad.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
TNC still picking Venomancer. Pretty much the only team doing that these days

e: Ballsy plays from Alliance. OG-like

emdash fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 16, 2019

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lmao EG

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Really impressive the new EG still manages to lose to the new Liquid in incredibly embarrassing ways

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
This Alch is doing it, somehow

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

alchemist what a hero

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

33 just refusing to die

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

These fnatic lanes are looking suspect

TheRat fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 17, 2019

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Yeah this one was looking bad at minute 1

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

30k networth lead at 29 minutes, yikes

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Morph aghs, eh?

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
morph is just the most broken thing

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I am so ready for morph / es to get nerfed lol

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

what is it about morph with ES clone that makes it so strong? I only caught the end of the game and playing around in demo mode it seems fine but not extreme

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

NtotheTC posted:

what is it about morph with ES clone that makes it so strong? I only caught the end of the game and playing around in demo mode it seems fine but not extreme

Having two fissures is insane. But morph having the es aghs is ridiculous and he can output so much damage as well.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Beast coast is playing like poo poo. K1 has made some very bad decisions with who to chrono, and more. Jstorm just has a really bad sieging lineup

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Goddamn SCCC just completely threw that game lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yea that was not his finest hour

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
i was v sad to see sccc just chain feed like 4x. esp after all the heroic axe plays.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Is this still the same TI patch which was also the same patch for like the past 6 months.

Shouldn't there be something new by now (except EG losing, that is not new)

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

NtotheTC posted:

The issue is that with Morph+ES+Arghs you get a crazy uptime stun and bonkers initiation with Enchant Totem on a 3 second cool down. Plus I believe Morph keeps the 400% crit on his next attack, so he can one shot like 99999 damage with full agi morph and Enchant buff. It's super broken as that game proves.

The trade off I suppose is that Morph needs 20/25 minutes to get to that point, but that barely matters right now.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

EorayMel posted:

Is this still the same TI patch which was also the same patch for like the past 6 months.

Shouldn't there be something new by now (except EG losing, that is not new)

Patch is coming after this major

Seriously though I can't wait fro this major to be over I mean this poo poo is just ridiculous:
https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklingAffluentPigeonGivePLZ

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 17, 2019

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Patch is coming after this major

Seriously though I can't wait fro this major to be over I mean this poo poo is just ridiculous:
https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklingAffluentPigeonGivePLZ

In Es' voice: IT WAS YOUR OWN drat FAULT

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Along w Morph nerfs, I'd love to see whatever it takes to have less Gyro in games.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

ES morphling, what a hero

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

just lol if you missed the Purge pre-show

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

The offlane Chen is a new one for me