Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

A Sometimes Food posted:

Yeah

Murk Merk

##vote merk

Epsilon Plus posted:

merk was spicy chocolate all along, the fucker ##vote merk

Inversely, these two votes seem really transparently indifferent, come one after the other, and keep merk up in the -1, -2, -3 to lynch range without much more talking from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Would vote EP, ASF, or Quid today.

Need to reread but they are the ones that immediately jumped out at me as being fairly scummy during the merk debacle

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quidthulhu posted:

So who do you think of those 4 players is the scummiest and why?

this post strikes me as bad. Weird time to mafia coach after (someone I can’t remember I’m phone posting) talks about how 4/5 people voting for merk at that point had very little content. This is also like within 12 hours of deadline (when most of that deadline is nighttime for the game).

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Need to reread but they are the ones that immediately jumped out at me as being fairly scummy during the merk debacle

I think I agree with this but the order I like is:

Quid -> ASF -> EP for now

##vote Quid

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Oh mine wasn’t ranked. Definitely good with voting Quid

##vote Quid

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

“This guy says he won’t vote the guy we know will flip town, better mafia dad him”

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Those are two scum votes in a row if I ever saw them lol

Are we already in LYLO? :ohdear:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Isn’t there a way to possess votefinder to post?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quidthulhu posted:

Those are two scum votes in a row if I ever saw them lol

Are we already in LYLO? :ohdear:

AND YET NOT A VOTE FOR EITHER OF US

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

AND YET NOT A VOTE FOR EITHER OF US

I'm sorry, do I need to vote immediately without reviewing yesterday and coming to informed conclusions? Didn't realize that was how we were playing this now :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##vote sandwolf this whole shtick is a bad “gottem”

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I still think Hum is scum based on his laissez-faire shotgun approach to day 1.

The aforementioned merk walkback:

Sandwolf posted:

Hum, what do you think of merk

Mr. Humalong posted:

The more he posts the worse I feel

Several hours but like only a few posts later, after merk returns:

Mr. Humalong posted:

I, personally, will not vote merk today and, furthermore, find it suspicious a bunch of players that have been exceptionally quiet have suddenly appeared to vote him.

He also has been happy to float people as potential dunk candidates while not committing to anything:

Mr. Humalong posted:

AA you might be on to something

Mr. Humalong posted:

##vote Hum

Sandwolf, what about Hum's D1 posting made you feel "good in your heart that he was town?" There's nothing to indicate that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I am beginning to be in agreement with this too.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Mr. Humalong posted:

"debacle" is a hell of a way to describe a day 1 lunch, mr. emotional appealalong

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quidthulhu posted:

Sandwolf, what about Hum's D1 posting made you feel "good in your heart that he was town?" There's nothing to indicate that.

lol you’re really not gonna like it and I’m being SLIGHTLY hyperbolic about that wording, but:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also I sure wish the mod would fix whatever makes the discord constantly show me there’s a new post even though I can’t see anything in the discord.

I had the exact same problem as he said and I presume it’s because the scum page/spectator chat is being posted in but as another townie I have no access to chats but can also see notifications.

I know it’s a bullshit reason and I debated not even talking about it but if it’s obviously dumb in some way I figured I could be talked out of it because tbh his play D1 around the merk lynch is kinda scummy

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Kashuno posted:

It's not a gottem if there's posts and evidence backing it.

It's just a case and one that's fairly reasonable. I don't actually see much wrong with the argumentation.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

I had the exact same problem as he said and I presume it’s because the scum page/spectator chat is being posted in but as another townie I have no access to chats but can also see notifications.

I know it’s a bullshit reason and I debated not even talking about it but if it’s obviously dumb in some way I figured I could be talked out of it because tbh his play D1 around the merk lynch is kinda scummy

This is a really scummy post. Non-content reasons to retroactively justify a bad call that you could easily be talked out of is not a great look, Sandwolf...

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Natural 20 posted:

It's not a gottem if there's posts and evidence backing it.

It's just a case and one that's fairly reasonable. I don't actually see much wrong with the argumentation.

What’s reasonable about the case on me, specifically, when compared to my case on Hum or the suspicions people have voiced about Sandwolf? Why do you think I’m the best candidate for a dunk today?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Quidthulhu posted:

What’s reasonable about the case on me, specifically, when compared to my case on Hum or the suspicions people have voiced about Sandwolf? Why do you think I’m the best candidate for a dunk today?

Where did I say you're the best dunk candidate?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Natural 20 posted:

Where did I say you're the best dunk candidate?

You replied to Kashuno’s comment pushing back on Sandwolf’s case by saying you felt it wasn’t a gotcha and a reasonable case. Context clues there suggest you agree with the case??

Nitpicking on the semantics of my question aside, you want to explain why you think the case on me has merit??

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quidthulhu posted:

This is a really scummy post. Non-content reasons to retroactively justify a bad call that you could easily be talked out of is not a great look, Sandwolf...

Then vote me already dude, and I didn’t say I would be easily talked out about it, I said I was open to the idea of it because it IS a non-content reason.

Your hesitation to vote me despite multiple posts tryna paint me as scummy makes me think you don’t actually want to commit to voting me!!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I feel like this didn't get mentioned when

merk posted:

Ackshully, reading again and less frustrated:

PMush spends the last page talking negatively about my lynch (saying I’m a try hard), then saying who cares who gets lynched d1, and then votes someone who definitely isn’t getting lynched.

This is scum d1 looking like they are helping us but actually doing nothing.

##vote Pmush

Probably humalong #2 and I can’t believe sandwolf actually thinks I’m scum so that would be 3.

Good luck goons!

It really should, Pmush's early vote on me was fine. Their later vote on me was completely hollow activity, scum trying to look like they were doing something while avoiding the at that time near certain lunch of someone they knew was town.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Quidthulhu posted:

You replied to Kashuno’s comment pushing back on Sandwolf’s case by saying you felt it wasn’t a gotcha and a reasonable case. Context clues there suggest you agree with the case??

Nitpicking on the semantics of my question aside, you want to explain why you think the case on me has merit??

I think you're being incredibly defensive over this which is interesting.

If I was pushed, the Sandwolf case has merit because he's rightly pointing out your reluctance to settle on a vote across multiple days and situations which is typically scummy.

The reality is I'm objecting to Kash describing the case as a gotcha when it's just a case that's relatively well argued and supported.

If you don't buy it that's another thing but Kash claiming doesn't have a decent basis is wrong.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I haven’t voted for Sandwolf because I find Hum more scummy than Sand. I would vote for Sand m, but alas, I have but one vote.

I moved my vote to merk off of Hum to avoid a nodunk with an early rear end deadline.

What about my posting makes you characterize my actions as anything but the above, Nat?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

A bunch of people haven’t even posted this day yet

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
God remember that time Kash posted 1000 times? What happened to us man.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Quidthulhu posted:

I haven’t voted for Sandwolf because I find Hum more scummy than Sand. I would vote for Sand m, but alas, I have but one vote.

I moved my vote to merk off of Hum to avoid a nodunk with an early rear end deadline.

What about my posting makes you characterize my actions as anything but the above, Nat?

I'm not.

My issue with Kash is that he dismissed Sandwolf's case as one without merit. But to me, even if I don't agree with the thrust of the argumentation, it's still sound argumentation.

What's far, far more interesting to me is just how defensive you've been around this. I've not even voted for you but you're going after me hard when the case I was making wasn't even one focused on you.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

##vote Pmush

Thought I had honestly.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah I’m feeling even better about my vote. Quid is scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah I’m feeling even better about my vote. Quid is scum.

Agreed, he seems really eager to characterize his own actions as those of town

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You’re welcome to call me defensive but back it up with casework. I think you’ll find it’s not there :smugdog:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m trying not to dominate this game day by just talking and talking and talking but it seems like no one really has much to say. I can do that casework if ya want me to though, Quid

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I want you to

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ok

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quidthulhu posted:

The last statement here reads to me as an attempt to characterize his actions as purely those of town, when I don't agree with his own characterization or the implied conclusion.

He can vote me OR Hum, there isn't some obligation to one or the other, he could vote back and forth post-to-post. But honestly, after he votes for Hum:

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Hum

he immediately jumps over to talk to me, where he then seems way more fixated on my scumminess/trying to find a market for my lynch:

Quidthulhu posted:

I am beginning to be in agreement with this [kashuno's vote on sandwolf] too.

Quidthulhu posted:

This is a really scummy post [one of sandwolf's]. Non-content reasons to retroactively justify a bad call that you could easily be talked out of is not a great look, Sandwolf...

Quidthulhu posted:

Just to clarify, while a few people voiced suspicions on me, they either dropped a vote (like Kash) or mentioned it offhandedly. Quid is continually trying to get players to consider my lynch, but no one's having it, so he doesn't drop a vote. If he actually cared about getting Hum lynched, wouldn't he be pushing on it just as hard as me? All this mounting suspicion on me (see his quotes above), but no willingness to vote me over Hum?

It's inauthentic and his attempts to push this townie characterization of his play just strike me as scum who feels he's played sufficiently townie and is frustrated no one else feels that way.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don’t feel like I’ve played sufficiently townie cause admittedly there hasn’t been a lot of engagement in this game. But my play has absolutely not been scummy. It’s been probing!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Hrm

##vote Quid

I'm more convinced this is right now.

We need to make sure we consolidate since deadline is set to be at like 3pm my time tomorrow and I'll be in work.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lol “I’ve done no case work but I’m convinced the bad case I’ve floated is correct”

Good luck, y’all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 2

Quidthulhu (3): Sandwolf, Mr. Humalong, Natural 20
Sandwolf (1): Kashuno
PMush Perfect (1): A Sometimes Food
Mr. Humalong (1): Quidthulhu

Not Voting (3): Epsilon Plus, PMush Perfect, SolusLunes

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 19th, 2019 at midnight AEST -- that's in about 10 hours.