Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
lol at FAI who apparently slipped Kojima a single 100 Yen bill and said, "we want you to put the name of our company in a single string in the game".

e: Although to be fair I haven't done this mission, there's probably special dialog. I love Cup Noodles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I skipped the president cutscene, hope there wasn’t anything important in it because goddamn Kojima’s scene writing has only gotten worse with time

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

I skipped the president cutscene, hope there wasn’t anything important in it because goddamn Kojima’s scene writing has only gotten worse with time

The one at the beginning? Not really, other than you're adopted.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'm not sure this is the game for you

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I did that quest for the Chiral Artist and god that side story was not very fun and I can't wait to get ziplines because getting out there is a massive pain in the rear end.

Finally got my truck though! :black101:

precision posted:

It's annoying that structures can only have a song or a hologram and not both :\

I agree.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 16, 2019

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's annoying that structures can only have a song or a hologram and not both :\

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

By this point (3 hours) in any given MGS there would be like 5x the charm and surprise and .3x as many showcases of Kojima’s dull musical taste

Timespy
Jul 6, 2013

No bond but to do just ones

One more Kojima(TM) detail: audio transmission quality is worse if you're outside the chiral network. I only noticed it because I crossed a border while Heartman was talking to me.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Priestly posted:

At the same time though, I remember how Tim Roger's review ended with him saying that he needed to play "the dumbest game possible right now" and I can really empathize with that because wow, Death Stranding.
Yeah, today I'm playing Destiny 2 and it's like a warm blanket of comfortable dumb.

Another thing I've been wanting to say but couldn't quite put into words: If you really liked the part in MGS3 where Snake is climbing a ladder and the theme song to the game plays, then you'll really like this game.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 16, 2019

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Timespy posted:

One more Kojima(TM) detail: audio transmission quality is worse if you're outside the chiral network. I only noticed it because I crossed a border while Heartman was talking to me.

That's one of the things that I absolutely LOVE in this game that goes a lot to world building, is little things like this that keep you immersed in this world you're helping to put together. In a game like bioshock, there's no point, and it's development time they could have spent on selling you a $49.99 expansion pass for future content that hasn't come out yet.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Timespy posted:

Every first conversation you have with a prepper has lots of static. Once they’re on network the hologram is way more clear.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Just beat it after 49 1/2 hours. I liked it. First game I've gotten engrossed in and played all the way through in a long time. Did anyone else notice Sam's hair gets longer throughout the game?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Danith posted:

Just beat it after 49 1/2 hours. I liked it. First game I've gotten engrossed in and played all the way through in a long time. Did anyone else notice Sam's hair gets longer throughout the game?

Mine always has a hat on so I never notice

Oh, by the way, I can't believe you can't make Sam brush his teeth...he's gonna have his teeth fall out.

EDIT: Another thing...where are the four wheelers? Why in the world would you not have four wheelers and skidoos?

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 16, 2019

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Okay here's what actually happens if you leave corpses around

Eventually - and for me it was over 7 hours later at least - you'll start getting messages from Deadman telling you to clean them up. If you don't, you'll get a white voidout which doesn't actually cause a crater, it makes you reload a save but when you do, all the corpses will be gone

So as long as you're aware it's coming it's a very minor thing.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

End of game question
I have a bunch of knot cities with exclamation points over their icons. What is this supposed to represent, exactly? When I go there, I don't see any orders that are of particular note. Is it just a way of saying "there are new standard orders you haven't done yet" or something else? There are some knot cities that don't have them but I definitely never took side orders at. Seems weird, like I'm missing something obvious.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

precision posted:

I thought it was both?? Holograms don't show up until you're a bit away from the structure I believe, but I'm pretty sure you could do both. I didn't actually pay attention though :sweatdrop:

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

DaveKap posted:

End of game question
I have a bunch of knot cities with exclamation points over their icons. What is this supposed to represent, exactly? When I go there, I don't see any orders that are of particular note. Is it just a way of saying "there are new standard orders you haven't done yet" or something else? There are some knot cities that don't have them but I definitely never took side orders at. Seems weird, like I'm missing something obvious.

Same, but I was getting these before endgame though. I was told to check the shared lockers but nothing specific jumped out at me. I also checked one that didn't have an exclamation mark and it had similar stuff like lost cargo so idk.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Tertius Oculum posted:

Same, but I was getting these before endgame though. I was told to check the shared lockers but nothing specific jumped out at me. I also checked one that didn't have an exclamation mark and it had similar stuff like lost cargo so idk.
Yeah I noticed it before the endgame as well but figured it's something more folks will notice at the end game.

Also holy poo poo that last Peter Englert e-mail!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

in the shared locker there will be a category that's called something like "Cargo for Sam", that's what the exclamation mark is for

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Other people sang the Krusty Krab Pizza song out loud while doing the pizza delivery mission right?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

precision posted:

Okay here's what actually happens if you leave corpses around

Eventually - and for me it was over 7 hours later at least - you'll start getting messages from Deadman telling you to clean them up. If you don't, you'll get a white voidout which doesn't actually cause a crater, it makes you reload a save but when you do, all the corpses will be gone

So as long as you're aware it's coming it's a very minor thing.

There was a porter chilling in the shadows of the vehicle ramp at the southern distribution center and I beaned him with a trike at full speed. Lost 100 likes, his buddy got terrified and ran off, his cargo fell off, and he laid there with two orange stars above his head with some strands connecting them. I laughed my rear end off then tried to help him but I didn't get any prompts or beration, so I think I'm fine? :shrug:

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I finished this morning, but I don't know if I am going to plat it. I setup a pretty good zipline network in some areas but it seems like I'll need to 5 star everything in a specific area and then rebuild the thing here and there due to network limitations.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Raptor1033 posted:

There was a porter chilling in the shadows of the vehicle ramp at the southern distribution center and I beaned him with a trike at full speed. Lost 100 likes, his buddy got terrified and ran off, his cargo fell off, and he laid there with two orange stars above his head with some strands connecting them. I laughed my rear end off then tried to help him but I didn't get any prompts or beration, so I think I'm fine? :shrug:

The two stars just means they're knocked out.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I’m in chapter 13. This is Bloodborne/Dark Souls. I’m in the Hunter’s Dream and I’m being asked whether to light the flame or extinguish it

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION

Macaluso posted:

I'm not sure this is the game for you

I despised the story and characters in this game but had a really good time with the delivery simulator for a good 30 hours or so. Ended up dropping it once the pendulum started to swing way farther in the direction of long exposition scenes around chapter 7 or so though

This definitely felt like the biggest clash any Kojima game has had between the style of storytelling and the pace of the gameplay mechanics

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
(Chapter 3 spoiler) How do I level up the Collector Prepper? I got him to like 1 and 3/4ths stars and it just stopped, he won't go any higher even though I did all his orders. Do I need to take orders from outside to deliver to him? I want that canvas bag!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

(Chapter 3 spoiler) How do I level up the Collector Prepper? I got him to like 1 and 3/4ths stars and it just stopped, he won't go any higher even though I did all his orders. Do I need to take orders from outside to deliver to him? I want that canvas bag!

Yeah people level up when you deliver TO them, not FROM them

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
God drat I hate mountains.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
The mountains are the best part of the game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

Yeah people level up when you deliver TO them, not FROM them

The deliveries were to him, though! They're him wanting me to pick stuff up and bring it to him. That's why I ask, is because his rank didn't go up at all after doing three of these. Maybe he's just a tough old guy, I'll try it the other way around.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 17, 2019

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeliciousDifficultLobsterPanicBasket

:lol:

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Ineffiable posted:

So is there a good way to build up the delivery time stat? It's my lowest stat and I think the only way to effectively level it up is to take deliveries with a time limit but some deliveries seem to give me 20% progress and sometimes I get a whole level. How do I get the most points for this other than do it as fast as possible?

Not really. The main way to boost levels is quantity but most of the timed deliveries are tiny and its obviously impractical to get a bunch of orders together especially with how few there seem to be. So far the best I've found is a giant beer delivery from timefall farm to lake knot that bumped me up like 20 levels

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 17, 2019

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I thought once I had the bikes I wouldn’t need anything else but speedy legs and two level two floaty boys can carry such a silly amount of stuff ahahaha

Also during the chiral artist cutscene I burst out laughing when I saw Sam in the background. With all four suit slots filled the guy looks like a loving spacemarine just standing there blankly.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

CJacobs posted:

The deliveries were to him, though! They're him wanting me to pick stuff up and bring it to him. That's why I ask, is because his rank didn't go up at all after doing three of these. Maybe he's just a tough old guy, I'll try it the other way around.

Some preppers require you to visit nearby places to get specific deliveries that go back to them and every other delivery will get likes but not progress them toward network connection. The collection quest that you described doing is normally one of the types they want you to do, but if it you're stuck at the next star you might have to look elsewhere for another.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Gotcha, thanks. It's the Elder all over again! :suicide:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Hub Cat posted:

Not really. The main way to boost levels is quantity but most of the timed deliveries are tiny and its obviously impractical to get a bunch of orders together especially with how few there seem to be. So far the best I've found is a giant beer delivery from timefall farm to lake knot that bumped me up like 20 levels

My personal evidence that I've seen is that the bigger the cargo the more exponential the likes (and therefore the level you) you et is.

I'm gonna check that location. I've done so many deliveries that give me half a level or a full level and that one may be the most productive way to do that stat. You can redo deliveries after a few hours so the best plan might be to do the very good ones, try to find other good ones to do and come back for the quest when it respawns.

Man this platinum is gonna be very tedious. Keep on keeping on!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

Gotcha, thanks. It's the Elder all over again! :suicide:

Oh yeah, some of them are just hard to level. I got 5 stars without even trying with Craftsman, Engineer etc but Elder and a few others are still at like 2 stars

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
Probably a stupid question, but how do you carry stuff in your hands without dropping it after taking like 10 steps? Everything slips out of my hands and I have to pick it up again. Do you have to hold L2/R2 down the whole time if you want to carry stuff in your hands?

Game owns btw

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i just built like 6 or 7 consecutive hunks of road in quick succession and i'm getting 3k-5k likes every ten minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Maxy Boy posted:

Probably a stupid question, but how do you carry stuff in your hands without dropping it after taking like 10 steps? Everything slips out of my hands and I have to pick it up again. Do you have to hold L2/R2 down the whole time if you want to carry stuff in your hands?

Game owns btw

You have to hold it