Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Ineffiable posted:

My personal evidence that I've seen is that the bigger the cargo the more exponential the likes (and therefore the level you) you et is.

I'm gonna check that location. I've done so many deliveries that give me half a level or a full level and that one may be the most productive way to do that stat. You can redo deliveries after a few hours so the best plan might be to do the very good ones, try to find other good ones to do and come back for the quest when it respawns.

Man this platinum is gonna be very tedious. Keep on keeping on!

Yeah I'm trying to do the deliveries in each category and its surprisingly annoying to find 20 different timed deliveries and then for about half I have to fiddle with my zipline network to make S rank. Most of them end up being 1-2 small boxes which gives you nothing basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Raptor1033 posted:

There was a porter chilling in the shadows of the vehicle ramp at the southern distribution center and I beaned him with a trike at full speed. Lost 100 likes, his buddy got terrified and ran off, his cargo fell off, and he laid there with two orange stars above his head with some strands connecting them. I laughed my rear end off then tried to help him but I didn't get any prompts or beration, so I think I'm fine? :shrug:

Vehicle collisions only ever deal KO damage. I know because I got into an altercation involving a speed skeleton and a Mule truck.
*coughs* multiple times.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Chapter 8 question: Coming out of Heartman's lab to the Geologist, I came across some red/gold hued BTs. I threw two hemetic grenades and fired 30ish rounds from a non-lethal assault rifle through the clouds and it didn't go down. Luckily the cord cutter worked, but I'm assuming you need to put loads of blood into the level 2 grenades (which you get shortly after) or anti-BT handgun otherwise?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
In the past day I've single handedly built a few sections of road, and I noticed that the more I do that the more materials are appearing in the ones I have to do left so it would appear that karma is enforced in that system

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Just made it to what I assume is the end of Chapter 8. Man, this game is uneven. The second war veteran encounter wasn't exactly interesting, the mountains were a chore and it all has me hoping Kojima goes ahead and Kojimas out from here, makes the majority of the last few chapters cinematics.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Who the gently caress is taking trucks to the top of mountains? And why!?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I did really enjoy the final mission to actually get to the southwest tho. Felt like a champ when I got to the end.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Pierson posted:

I walked past a truck on the way up to a particularly high point of a mountain and did not understand how on earth they managed to get it up there

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Pierson posted:

I like when you come upon a truck graveyard that marks the exact point where players decided gently caress this, it's not worth trying to get my truck any further up the mountain.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Pierson posted:

Last time I went to Heartman's place there were like five long distance trucks all parked in front of the door. I had to climb over them to get in.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Pierson posted:

Look those 10 boxes of live fish weren't going to deliver themselves in under 3 minutes!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mysterious frankie posted:

Last time I went to Heartman's place there were like five long distance trucks all parked in front of the door. I had to climb over them to get in.

I drive the fuckers into the nearest ravine and hope that is where they spawn for those players.

I know this is a game about building connections but we are rebuilding a society to live in people!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

I walked past a truck on the way up to a particularly high point of a mountain and did not understand how on earth they managed to get it up there

Lots of jumping.

The vehicle physics on rocky and uneven surfaces are wonky af. Boost jump boost jump will get you up some rough places if you have the patience.

I think it was outside the weather station I basically jumped my way across the jagged rocks on a trike.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Pulled an all-nighter to finish the game and it was definitely worth it. Now to re-watch Tim Roger's review and look into all the bands that had songs in the game. I really digged the music.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Does anyone know what the deal is with Collector rep? I need his sweet sweet equips, but the game has arbitrarily decided that I don’t get any more connection rating at just under 2 stars.

Will the rep turn ins I made ever count? will he unlock at a later part of the story or what? This sucks.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Taima posted:

Does anyone know what the deal is with Collector rep? I need his sweet sweet equips, but the game has arbitrarily decided that I don’t get any more connection rating at just under 2 stars.

Will the rep turn ins I made ever count? will he unlock at a later part of the story or what? This sucks.

keep making deliveries to the guy in between doing the story missions and eventually he'll elected to fully join the UCA, at which point the other grades will unlock

i also suspect that star rankings are based on cumulative Likes from a client rather than Likes earned after each unlock, which means that when he joins the UCA he'll probably rocket up to 4 or 5 stars almost immediately from all the work you've been doing for him

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Pierson posted:

A took a trike from the weather station to Mountain Knot. It cuts out a lot of tedium, because the trike somehow didn't have traction problems in the snow.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I think I finished the game? I’m sure there’s hours more cutscenes to go

Story is weird and interesting but Kojima needs to hire a screenwriter or editor to make the presentation better. The dialogue is terrible. The info dumps are terrible.

The high point of the game is walking through a blizzard in the mountains, not being able to see farther than 50 feet and stressing about the viability of every path

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So how much is it gonna cost to get a glove with a speaker that recognizes when I give a thumbs up so it can play a low-quality "LIKE!" sound effect.

Bonus points if it has a light-up thumbs-up icon.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Chapter 6 is getting really rough. Is this the hardest the game gets?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DalaranJ posted:

Vehicle collisions only ever deal KO damage. I know because I got into an altercation involving a speed skeleton and a Mule truck.
*coughs* multiple times.

You can kill a mule by running them over enough times. Yeah they get KO'd when you hit them the first time but leaving them on the road as a speed bump results in a horrible slog to the incinerator.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Steve Yun posted:

The mountains are the best part of the game.
Coming out of a whiteout is amazing.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I like his dialogue, and the info dumps since MGS have always just worked for me. Who knows why, exposition can put me to sleep in some things, but something about the wonder and offbeat creativity of how he does it works for me.

That said, I'm still in chapter 5! I love me some Hideo and co. storytelling, but I am also addicted to delivering. I just got that achievement for delivering 700 cargo, apparently only 4% of players in the US region or whatever have done that. Just fun to get around in this game, really addictive for me.

Only 0.1% of players have gotten max connection at all facilities, which makes sense. That sounds like it could take nearly 200 hours, and its been a week. I've only gotten four or five stickers myself.

I'm about to go do a story thing now, oh yes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Steve Yun posted:

The mountains are the best part of the game.

I disagree so hard. Some parts of it are amazing like the Heartman stuff, but I hated the back and forth nature of dealing with those stupid mountains, made worse by snow being slower. I could not have been more excited to move on from it.

It looked gorgeous as hell though. I would live in a Heartman house.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Heavy Metal posted:

I like his dialogue, and the info dumps since MGS have always just worked for me. Who knows why, exposition can put me to sleep in some things, but something about the wonder and offbeat creativity of how he does it works for me.

That said, I'm still in chapter 5! I love me some Hideo and co. storytelling, but I am also addicted to delivering. I just got that achievement for delivering 700 cargo, apparently only 4% of players in the US region or whatever have done that. Just fun to get around in this game, really addictive for me.

Only 0.1% of players have gotten max connection at all facilities, which makes sense. That sounds like it could take nearly 200 hours, and its been a week. I've only gotten four or five stickers myself.

I'm about to go do a story thing now, oh yes.

Build a zip line in a region and go back and forth around preppers. Once you max them out repeat elsewhere. If you run out of bandwidth just delete zip lines elsewhere where you’re not currently active

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Right on, I'll give that a try.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Macaluso posted:

It looked gorgeous as hell though. I would live in a Heartman house.

The first time I came upon it I was like "This is exactly where Refn would live if someone wrote him into existence."

Mountains were so pretty and grand in scope, but I was not a fan of being there.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Thank you sir, will do!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The mountains are a pretty good response to how easy your life is made by all the upgrades immediately before you get there, IMO. and thankfully it puts your back on the trajectory of not giving poo poo pretty quickly, when you get the zip lines set up and AT exoskeleton and thermal pads and all that poo poo

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Heavy Metal posted:

Honestly, once you beat the game you're sorta powerful enough that it shouldn't take 200 hours.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Anyone else completely ignore the concept of container repair spray and feign surprise when your poo poo starts breaking? No? Just me. ok

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Raptor1033 posted:

Anyone else completely ignore the concept of container repair spray and feign surprise when your poo poo starts breaking? No? Just me. ok
I have never used it once, and it hasn't been a problem

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Raptor1033 posted:

I did until 1 bad thing happened late game and I ended up carrying 2 sprays with me at all times afterward.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

CJacobs posted:

The deliveries were to him, though! They're him wanting me to pick stuff up and bring it to him. That's why I ask, is because his rank didn't go up at all after doing three of these. Maybe he's just a tough old guy, I'll try it the other way around.

There are several preppers who don't want to join, like the novelist's son, you have to do a delivery and then go read their email in your room, which will update what to do for them next.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Can I daisy chain these carriers to my trike and create my own convoy? Or is it foot use only aka LAME

I just want to drop some fat loads

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 17, 2019

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Raptor1033 posted:

Can I daisy chain these carriers to my trike and create my own convoy? Or is it foot use only aka LAME

I just want to drop some fat loads

Foot only for the baby carts

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Climactic moment was a good surprise. Do not look up help online, bumble through it if you have to, it’s worth it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imo the bike should be less versatile. It can go over drat near anything and I find myself using it way too much. Sometimes I’ll get kind of bored and realize that I’m just using the bike too much, and I start having fun walking around again.

Don’t get me wrong I like that the bike is good and useful but it shouldn’t be able to drive down literal cliffs the way it does. It just takes too much planning and item management totally out of the equation. Also it looks silly driving at an almost 90 degree angle.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

mysterious frankie posted:

The first time I came upon it I was like "This is exactly where Refn would live if someone wrote him into existence."

Mountains were so pretty and grand in scope, but I was not a fan of being there.

his house being lit exactly like a set from only god forgives was pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

precision posted:

Chapter 6 is getting really rough. Is this the hardest the game gets?

Depends on your experience really. There are harder and longer walks you'll need to make, but you'll likely have the infrastructure to make it tenable.

Honestly I spent most of 6 setting up ziplines so I breezed through the next few chapters.