Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

How incompetent at pissing do you have to be where sitting down to prevent needing to clean up afterward is a rational decision?

Or do you all have dick-piercings which resulted in your urethra ending in a drat lawn sprinkler or something?

edit: This is how I'm picturing you guys:

You hung from the ceiling and both pissed and poo poo? drat! Thats talent.

Listen, its not always easy to aim a fire hose and unless you're hanging directly over the bowl, you might get some on the rim.

peanut posted:

I recently went to a restaurant that had a sign specifically requesting men with poor aim to sit down to pee. It's a good idea.

I saw one with a sign that said "stand closer, its smaller than you think"

Also at a gun club I saw one that said "If you've got a short barrel or low velocity stand closer" or something like that.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > DIY > Interior design: Piss in the toilet, coward

Fake edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I guess since this is the design thread it's the best place to ask:

I'm putting up a half-wall of subway tile in my bathroom. Which is to say, half the way up the wall, but all the way around, with the exception of the tub area. I'm basically removing lovely old, ugly, 4x4 tile that's there now.

The vanity and fixtures, when I'm done, will be sort of a modern feel, more squarish and sharper lines, if that matters. Is it best to do the top row of tiles as just simple bullnose tiles, or should I put in some sort of decorative trim pieces along the top instead?

I'm leaning towards bullnose, partly because I think it's easier and partly because I personally don't usually care for those bigger trim pieces of tile, but maybe there are ones out there that are more "subdued", for lack of a better word.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Drone posted:

I feel like the piss discussion (pisscussion, if you will) rotates through this thread like once a month.

And its always annoying because you find out goons are gross and don't lay down to pee like a normal person does

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

And its always annoying because you find out goons are gross and don't lay down to pee like a normal person does

Well we don't all have piss holes in our floors...

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

mutata posted:

vaporization that hangs in the air and builds up quickly over time.

You’re kidding, right? I’ve never heard of piss vapor that hangs in a cloud :smithcloud:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Your stream is not a laser and your penis is not a precision instrument.

I emit a perfectly coherent beam of urine at near light speed, I frequently get calls from NASA because they want to use it to send a probe to Uranus

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

wesleywillis posted:

Well we don't all have piss holes in our floors...

Well that's your problem, you're supposed to lay on your back.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Drone posted:

Well that's your problem, you're supposed to lay on your back.

Like this?

https://youtu.be/rrPosTPSXxw?t=6

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

I guess since this is the design thread it's the best place to ask:

I'm putting up a half-wall of subway tile in my bathroom. Which is to say, half the way up the wall, but all the way around, with the exception of the tub area. I'm basically removing lovely old, ugly, 4x4 tile that's there now.

The vanity and fixtures, when I'm done, will be sort of a modern feel, more squarish and sharper lines, if that matters. Is it best to do the top row of tiles as just simple bullnose tiles, or should I put in some sort of decorative trim pieces along the top instead?

I'm leaning towards bullnose, partly because I think it's easier and partly because I personally don't usually care for those bigger trim pieces of tile, but maybe there are ones out there that are more "subdued", for lack of a better word.

I'm in the midst of doing a retro-inspired bathroom with subway wainscoting and I just did bullnose. Happy with the outcome

Sarah Bellum
Oct 21, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

I think decorative trim is a style, a fashion choice. If you don't have a preference or a specific idea in mind, I would leave it out. You can work with plain tiles, but you're stuck with the trim. Qwijib0's looks fantastic without any trim.

I'm planning a ton of decorative tile in my own impending renovations because I love art deco, so I have a vision in mind, and I also plan to live here for the next 20+ years so I'm designing it to suit myself.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Qwijib0 posted:

I'm in the midst of doing a retro-inspired bathroom with subway wainscoting and I just did bullnose. Happy with the outcome

That looks great. Now I don't know if I want to stick with white or do a subtle blue or green...

My original plan is the upper half of the wall is a grey paint, I guess almost a silver...it was a mistint on sale for $8 and it's more than enough, and I was thinking a grey, and it's semi-gloss, so I figured why not? My floor is sort of a "driftwood" color, and it was a closeout of that style, got a box for $15 and that will be enough.

Didn't really find deals on the vanity and fixtures, but was able to use a 15% off HD coupon from that address change deals packet I got sent, so that helped.

The tile is the last thing I need to get...was thinking a grey grout to make the tiles POP and also to keep the "Theme" from the upper half of the wall.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Qwijib0 posted:

That looks really good. Are you contracting that out or did you put that up yourself (I'm pretty handy, but wall tile - that's one I'm not so great at).

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Motronic posted:

That looks really good. Are you contracting that out or did you put that up yourself (I'm pretty handy, but wall tile - that's one I'm not so great at).

Its so easy though?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

That looks great. Now I don't know if I want to stick with white or do a subtle blue or green...

My original plan is the upper half of the wall is a grey paint, I guess almost a silver...it was a mistint on sale for $8 and it's more than enough, and I was thinking a grey, and it's semi-gloss, so I figured why not? My floor is sort of a "driftwood" color, and it was a closeout of that style, got a box for $15 and that will be enough.

The tile is the last thing I need to get...was thinking a grey grout to make the tiles POP and also to keep the "Theme" from the upper half of the wall.

If the top half of the wall and the floor are will be not-white (possibly clashing), then white tile is a good choice. You could do a stripe of blue or green.

My builder insisted on light grey grout for our white front porch tiles. He was right, white grout would have gotten gross immediately.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
3br1b in Ohio. Seems decent, but man the staging. https://imgur.com/gallery/ambeew4

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 17, 2019

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Where was this when I was doing halloween spook posts? I could have had a set with the skeleton house, and wolfman breakfast.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Suspect Bucket posted:

3br1b in Ohio. Seems decent, but man the staging. https://imgur.com/gallery/ambeew4

I think this is the first time I've seen a listing below 500k USD

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jaded Burnout posted:

This is why I opted for a piss shelf.

Oh didn't realize you were German.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

HardDiskD posted:

I think this is the first time I've seen a listing below 500k USD

Youth Decay posted:

This fabulous Queen Anne can be yours for $185,000

:swoon: Some highlights

PHONE ROOM!

Those light fixtures! That woodwork! The tin ceilings!

It's in a bumfuck Kansas town which explains the price, but I couldn't imagine what it would cost to build a place like this in today's money.

Haven't been following the thread very long? If it's not a mcmansion or in the middle of a big city, then it's easily going to be less than half a million. A house like the one above that's in bad condition goes for less than $50,000.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

there wolf posted:

Haven't been following the thread very long? If it's not a mcmansion or in the middle of a big city, then it's easily going to be less than half a million. A house like the one above that's in bad condition goes for less than $50,000.

Holy cats the taxes though

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

also the most realistic exercise room i've ever seen

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

peanut posted:

My builder insisted on light grey grout for our white front porch tiles. He was right, white grout would have gotten gross immediately.

White grout should be illegal.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

peanut posted:

If the top half of the wall and the floor are will be not-white (possibly clashing), then white tile is a good choice. You could do a stripe of blue or green.

Grey or charcoal grout is s+ hot poo poo and you might think at first you don't want it and then.. whoa.. It looks so sharp

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Motronic posted:

Contracted it-- I am not nearly skilled enough to pull that off in a reasonable timetable. I restricted my efforts to electrical and framing so that I would not be responsible for anything visible :haw: (except paint)

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Grey or charcoal grout is s+ hot poo poo and you might think at first you don't want it and then.. whoa.. It looks so sharp

I used white with epoxy in my OCD bath/shower, but that stuff is a beeatch to clean initially. After that, though, clear sailing.

edit- well durf, it's gray. Haha, typical guy thing, can't remember a grout color. :rolleye:

Mr. Mambold fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 18, 2019

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Mr. Mambold posted:

I used white with epoxy in my OCD bath/shower, but that stuff is a beeatch to clean initially. After that, though, clear sailing.

Yea epoxy will look sharp as well, the trick to the cleaning is to use a diluted solution of something like graffiti remover+hot water. Releases it with very little effort :moonrio:

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Mr. Mambold posted:

So if I were to use graffiti remover as HP on Ice suggests, I'd only have to use it once and then the grout would be easier to clean thereafter?

That would be truly wonderful, since I have epoxy white grout and it is indeed a PITA to clean.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

TofuDiva posted:

Less than I pay for a much smaller house :cry:

there wolf fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 17, 2019

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

TofuDiva posted:

poo poo, in NJ I wish my taxes were that low.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

TofuDiva posted:

^ ditto with those guys for $myarea, which is ballpark $5k taxes for a $250k house, give or take a little. What are taxes on say a $200k place in $yourarea? Curious.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

TofuDiva posted:

So if I were to use graffiti remover as HP on Ice suggests, I'd only have to use it once and then the grout would be easier to clean thereafter?

That would be truly wonderful, since I have epoxy white grout and it is indeed a PITA to clean.

I think he's referring to when you mix and apply it, it's a bitch to clean- at least, that's what I meant.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

falz posted:

^ ditto with those guys for $myarea, which is ballpark $5k taxes for a $250k house, give or take a little. What are taxes on say a $200k place in $yourarea? Curious.

Blaargh, I was reading the listing wrong. I saw the Tax Assessment column ($26,560) and read that as Taxes since the "Taxes" column was blank. Oof. Yeah, $3K is pretty reasonable.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Mr. Mambold posted:

I think he's referring to when you mix and apply it, it's a bitch to clean- at least, that's what I meant.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification. I had my hopes up there for a little while, but that makes more sense.

Moral of the story: I'll never allow white grout again, or at least, not on a floor.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

TofuDiva posted:

Blaargh, I was reading the listing wrong. I saw the Tax Assessment column ($26,560) and read that as Taxes since the "Taxes" column was blank. Oof. Yeah, $3K is pretty reasonable.
I saw that too. looks like zillow's scraping of data is borked or something

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Everything's bigger in Taxes.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

TofuDiva posted:

Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification. I had my hopes up there for a little while, but that makes more sense.

Moral of the story: I'll never allow white grout again, or at least, not on a floor.

A floor? Good lord, that should definitely be illegal. We used to apply silicone over a new floor grout as a sealer, so next time you clean it, maybe research that.

edit- I think Harry Potter is more the a tile guy, so maybe hit him up?

Mofette
Jan 9, 2004

Hey you! It's the sound, in your head goes round and round

I have been doing some decorating, and thought I'd use this thread, but then I read it from the beginning and went through the whole thing after seeing the bathdoom, and I'm still not sure. Is this where we post things that are (hopefully) successes, or just bad things?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Everything is good, we also have the Home Spergin thread for personal projects.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

TofuDiva posted:

sorry I should have been more clear; when you install epoxy grout for tile its the most sticky toxic thing and gets everywhere and sometimes can be a pain to do the initial clean of the grout lines and tiles, but you can do little tricks with your water so its easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
The secret to cleaning white grout is to get the maid to do it for you :smuggo: