Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Samuringa posted:

I can only remember which one is the swastika and which is the Buddhist by thinking of windmills, like a right-tighty left-loosey for white supremacy.

The swastika is made of ‘L’s for “losers”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The easiest way to remember is that the Nazi swastika it's tilted to look like it's marching rightward. Y'know, like Nazis want society to do.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Platystemon posted:

You know who else found children behind false walls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGWQqRyO8gA

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Samuringa posted:

I can only remember which one is the swastika and which is the Buddhist by thinking of windmills, like a right-tighty left-loosey for white supremacy.

quote:

Hello, Mr. Nazi Skinhead! How you doing?

How's Geraldo's nose? Still broken? Well it's good to see you still on the job. You know, when you're mugging talk show commentators in bathrooms, always remember to draw those swastikas turning to the right. Not to the left, always to the right.

the Nazi is decapitated shortly after this - good riddance

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1196105813242400768

Mr Ice Cream Glove has a new favorite as of 18:52 on Nov 17, 2019

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Unfortunately, in our current lovely timeline, the simplest explanation for the turtles is dyslexic Nazis.

Occam's razor wants us to assume the least actors, so

The turtle is a Nazi

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2019/11/12/white-castle-fight-judges-suspended-without-pay/2576064001/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

So that's three indiana judges in a drunken fight at a fast food place. Is another state up to maybe four judges at a seedy motel room?
Make us proud Oklahoma, I got :fivecbux: on you.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

By popular demand posted:

So that's three indiana judges in a drunken fight at a fast food place. Is another state up to maybe four judges at a seedy motel room?
Make us proud Oklahoma, I got :fivecbux: on you.

I thought that was called Lemon Party

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
haven't judges been disbarred for way less

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I'm honestly surprised they're not being considered for Federal court.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm honestly surprised they're not being considered for Federal court.

One of them is a lady, so :shrug:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I feel like it's lost a bit, so for whose who didn't dig into the article, here's a heavily abbreviated version of the story:

3 judges are out drinking, go to strip club, but strip club is closed, so they walk to a nearby White Castle. Somewhere along the way, they start jawing with two guys in an SUV.

The only judge who wouldn't later go to the hospital with gunshot wounds gives the finger to the guys in the SUV, who then pull in to the White Castle parking lot, where more jawing occurs.

The guys get out of the SUV and they each start fighting with one of the judges. One of the judges apparently starts winning the fight, so the losing SUV guy pulls out a gun and shoots him in the gut. He then goes over to the other fight and shoots the other judge twice in the chest.

The SUV guys then flee, ambulances arrive, and police are called.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
So the judges weren't fighting eachother, they were getting into street brawls? Someone ought to have told them that only works if you're the mayor.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Phy posted:

So the judges weren't fighting eachother, they were getting into street brawls? Someone ought to have told them that only works if you're the mayor.

Yep. It's hard to suss out, but it sounds like the first judge that got shot had won his fight and was going to help the other judge when the shooter pulled out his gun.

The funny part is that if it was just drunken street fighting, they definitely would have gotten away with it (that seriously makes it sound like some kind of caper instead of general redneckery). The only reason that we're hearing about this is because two of the judges almost died.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
General Redneckery would be a good forum handle

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
O.K. now that we have more of the story, these judges are not federal bench material.

They committed the crimes of… drinking in a group… participating in an exchange of insults and… defending themselves in a fight?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Platystemon posted:

O.K. now that we have more of the story, these judges are not federal bench material.

They committed the crimes of… drinking in a group… participating in an exchange of insults and… defending themselves in a fight?

They got suspended from duties for Conduct Unbecoming, which let’s be fair is pretty a pretty accurate description of the events that night.

Sober as a Judge is both a folk-saying and an expectation.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Platystemon posted:

Judges are to maintain a certain standard of public behavior. "Got in a shouting match and fistfight in the White Castle parking lot while blitzed out of our minds" is not part of that.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

Judges are to maintain a certain standard of public behavior. "Got in a shouting match and fistfight in the White Castle parking lot while blitzed out of our minds" is not part of that.

Yeah, what was I thinking? That's more of a Supreme Court thing, at least if you're a privileged white man.

Invisble Manuel
Nov 4, 2009
Fox News: 2 infants buried wearing helmets made from other youngsters' skulls have archaeologists puzzled.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/2-infants-buried-helmets-kids-skulls-archaeologists-puzzled

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Plus in one of the opinions on the case I heard, the review board said that the security camera showed that the fight was basically over after the one judge won his fight. But then the other judge tried to shove/sucker punch one of the SUV guys as they walked away, which was when the gun came out and poo poo hit the fan. Which seemed to be the big thing that hurt their case, since they technically "re-escalated" it first, before the other guy really escalated it.

Since nobody died, I think it's alright to laugh thinking about that probably very confused 4th judge who walked out of a White Castle with a crave case to see the aftermath.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Plus in one of the opinions on the case I heard, the review board said that the security camera showed that the fight was basically over after the one judge won his fight. But then the other judge tried to shove/sucker punch one of the SUV guys as they walked away, which was when the gun came out and poo poo hit the fan. Which seemed to be the big thing that hurt their case, since they technically "re-escalated" it first, before the other guy really escalated it.

Since nobody died, I think it's alright to laugh thinking about that probably very confused 4th judge who walked out of a White Castle with a crave case to see the aftermath.

Troy_comes_back_to_house_with_pizza.gif

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Well who wants to go to a strip club sober

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Milo and POTUS posted:

Well who wants to go to a strip club

I never understood the charm.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Some people actually like visiting your mother, sir.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The "charm" is that strangers let you see them naked

Granted that I suppose not everyone likes that, but there it is

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Invisble Manuel posted:

Fox News: 2 infants buried wearing helmets made from other youngsters' skulls have archaeologists puzzled.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/2-infants-buried-helmets-kids-skulls-archaeologists-puzzled

quote:

The archaeologists also noted that it's probable that the children's skulls had flesh on them when they were turned into helmets, because the helmets likely would not have held together without flesh.

:wtchris::catstare:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wow they really didn't let anything go to waste

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wow they really didn't let anything go to waste

Yeah, they probably used the rest for soup stock or something.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
It’s the turducken of the gods.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Invisble Manuel posted:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Thank you, but I'll pass.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/YahooFinance/status/1194281516106424320

"Vapers lives matter"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I like the implication that if inserting the syringe into the banana is... successful?... ...that will somehow prove the efficacy of this medication.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Sir Lemming posted:

I like the implication that if inserting the syringe into the banana is... successful?... ...that will somehow prove the efficacy of this medication.

*jabs self in the finger* goddammit, pack it in, boys

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Well, the thing about strip clubs is you get to look at boobs

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Sir Lemming posted:

I assumed the banana goes in the urethra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I saw a guy in DC with his truck covered in pro-vaping statements, mostly crudely painted on.