Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

thank y timb

good i hate the animoji

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i resent it so much

it seems impossible to clear from my emoji keyboard

I want to eliminate it from my phone , but it seems inherently integrated into ios like internet explorer was in windows 98

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

i gave my kids a two minute timer for brushing their teeth and they hate it but they’ll thank me when they’re older

flossing is super important so make sure they do it too

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
you don't have to floss all your teeth

just the ones you want to keep

cyberdoctor
Nov 8, 2016

backclap your nan's
bottomflapped saranwrapped
chesterfield

-Carl "The Gustav" Jung
what are you talking about kids love flossing
didn't u see last years new years celebration with ninja

hi i like apple and i have been using it since the first version ama

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

echinopsis posted:

i gave my kids a two minute timer for brushing their teeth and they hate it but they’ll thank me when they’re older

did ur wife give you a 2min timer?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

cyberdoctor posted:

hi i like apple and i have been using it since the first version ama

good lord, what are you, like 50?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I like the sonicare that beeps every 30 seconds for a total of 2 minutes imo

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

No Mods No Masters posted:

When tim fixes problems caused by tim 👌👌

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The sole purpose of animoji is to make 9 year old kids ask for $1000 iphones for christmas.

My family was seriously considering getting them one too :argh:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Bulgakov posted:

same op

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i like all the newest and greatest gizmos and gadgets

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

refleks posted:

i have a company issued iphone 6S i've had for 4 years now. I asked my boss for a new one because its started acting up, overheating and not charging correctly and just being a pos.

i just want you to know that my iphone 6s died here in china, i walked into a phone shop in my cafeteria, and 6 minutes and $20 later i had a new battery in it

sorry for your lovely company

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chris Knight posted:

flossing is super important so make sure they do it too

great story:

hygeinest always used to give me poo poo for not flossing enough because my gums would always bleed when I brushed. basically my fault for being a piece of poo poo

anyway, randomly, not long after separtion my exwife tells me she has chlamydia.. and not sure if it was back when we were boning. she thought I gave it to her :rolleyes:

regardless, take 1g of azithromycin anyway coz not sure if have it or not but lets be safe

and gums no longer bleed

e: here in nz azithromycin is one of the least prescribed antibniotics

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

echinopsis posted:

great story:

hygeinest always used to give me poo poo for not flossing enough because my gums would always bleed when I brushed. basically my fault for being a piece of poo poo

anyway, randomly, not long after separtion my exwife tells me she has chlamydia.. and not sure if it was back when we were boning. she thought I gave it to her :rolleyes:

regardless, take 1g of azithromycin anyway coz not sure if have it or not but lets be safe

and gums no longer bleed

apple: and the clap from my wife keeps my gums from bleeding

yes i know thats gonorrhea but this is the best i can do

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
anyway, surely you know that tests exist. why dump a bunch of antibiotics into your body if you might not even have anything. does it tingle when you pee

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He's a pharmacist, the pills just disappear in a few seconds (lost in the noise of the ones that get crushed, bottles that are short, etc) vs all that time getting tests and results.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

great story:

and gums no longer bleed

you gave your wife chlamydia

pram
Jun 10, 2001
gas

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

likely story is that she scored it herself independent of me

Raluek posted:

anyway, surely you know that tests exist. why dump a bunch of antibiotics into your body if you might not even have anything. does it tingle when you pee

the standard treatment for chlamydia is 1g of azithromycin stat. I could take a test, and take the drugs or not depending, or just take the drugs and be fine

and solve my dental issue

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:pram:

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

TOOT BOOT posted:

did ur wife give you a 2min timer?

buddy just lol if you need 2 whole minutes

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

No Mods No Masters posted:

When tim fixes problems caused by tim 👌👌

this is the only kind of progress we can hope for now

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

lord funk posted:

i just want you to know that my iphone 6s died here in china, i walked into a phone shop in my cafeteria, and 6 minutes and $20 later i had a new battery in it

sorry for your lovely company

Battery can easily be replaced, they just do it at a random cost to my team, and they said they would replace the main-board as well, and informed me that it would be pointless as iOS updates stops next year for 6s, so it would need replacing then...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bulgakov posted:

i got an oral-b after i went through two sonicares in under two years (a new one, then a warranty replacement). they both just...stopped working after 9 or 10 months, but they were nice while they worked.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i thought electric tooth brushes were a scam but my dentist recommended the oral-b one and god drat is it legit.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

refleks posted:

Battery can easily be replaced, they just do it at a random cost to my team, and they said they would replace the main-board as well, and informed me that it would be pointless as iOS updates stops next year for 6s, so it would need replacing then...

here’s a valuable lesson from the old days of blackberry ownership. when your device is old and you want it replaced, not repaired, you do the needful and smash it into a million pieces. or lose it.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Shaggar posted:

i thought electric tooth brushes were a scam but my dentist recommended the oral-b one and god drat is it legit.

Yeah I've been using them for years and its great, especially the floss heads. Be careful with the stuff you buy on amazon, I've gotten counterfit ones that were absolute dogshit but looked real

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

Be careful with the stuff you buy on amazon, I've gotten counterfit ones that were absolute dogshit but looked real

true for anything you buy on amazon these days. it’s a shitshow

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Yeah I've been using them for years and its great, especially the floss heads. Be careful with the stuff you buy on amazon, I've gotten counterfit ones that were absolute dogshit but looked real

i bought some third party ones off amazon (clearly 3rd party) and they work fine.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shaggar posted:

yeah both my dentist and my dental hygienist recommend sonicare and it’s real good. mine is like 3 years old now and still holding like a champ too, for what was a 60 euro brush.

flossing though, im bad at it and even worse now that ive been wearing dental braces

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Management posted:

true for anything you buy on amazon these days. it’s a shitshow

clothes shopping on amazon is a special kind of hell, I only buy disposable poo poo like socks, underwear, and bulk T-shirts for wearing at home now

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Shaggar posted:

i bought some third party ones off amazon (clearly 3rd party) and they work fine.

the problem was the spring mechanism in them being sloppy as hell so it looked like it was working when you ran it by itself but the second it touched your mouth it didn't have enough engagement to actually brush properly. there are plenty of 3rd party ones that are fine, just a thing to watch out for

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

fart simpson posted:

hes too busy spreading his stis to every thread

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Endless Mike posted:

i got an oral-b after i went through two sonicares in under two years (a new one, then a warranty replacement). they both just...stopped working after 9 or 10 months, but they were nice while they worked.

usually it’s the battery dying i think. you can replace the battery but it’s kinda a pain in the rear end because you gotta desolder it

i bought a new battery for mine for like $3 online. the electronics are just friction fit inside the body so you can wrap cardboard around the base and twist a wrench around the oval body to slightly bend it enough to slide everything out and get at the electronics

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 19, 2019

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

the problem was the spring mechanism in them being sloppy as hell so it looked like it was working when you ran it by itself but the second it touched your mouth it didn't have enough engagement to actually brush properly. there are plenty of 3rd party ones that are fine, just a thing to watch out for

were the ones you got advertised as oral-b but then when you got them they were fake?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/pablorochat/status/1196117139070963713

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

fart simpson posted:

itchy penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Roosevelt posted:

itchy penis