Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jimbot posted:

Honestly, the only character I outright hated was Vaughn. His level of obnoxiousness was through the roof and him being voiced by human trash only added to my hatred.

Seconding this

I was loving sick of chris hardwick before the abuser news hit and the writing is just too much, all the time, nonstop

Ice T was a fun surprise though, I had to google if it was really him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Niwrad posted:

What do you mean by spending Eridium on "slots"? I thought I could only buy his guns and skins with it.

Slot machines in Moxxi's bar.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Tabletops posted:

Save editor yet? Can I just pay some guy in New Delhi to make one

You just got to get the Destiny 2 servers to go down for a few days

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Jusupov posted:

You just got to get the Destiny 2 servers to go down for a few days

He is on to death stranding :(

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Why's the Halloween event still running in November, I'd really like these annoying rear end ghosts and lovely terror anointed gear to go away now.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Good till tomorrow morning.

WZCTT-5CSZT-ZW3KW-333JT-69ZW6

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Judge Tesla posted:

Why's the Halloween event still running in November, I'd really like these annoying rear end ghosts and lovely terror anointed gear to go away now.

It's going till sometime in December

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Tabletops posted:

It's going till sometime in December

The 5th. It’s nice that it goes so long since not everyone has the time to sit and farm Haunt for the weapon skin in the space of a week but you should really be able to disable it once you’re over it. I got the character skins and that’s all I care about.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Niwrad posted:

Good till tomorrow morning.

WZCTT-5CSZT-ZW3KW-333JT-69ZW6

Can you get legendaries out of Golden Chests?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

dangerdoom volvo posted:

How do you level fast. Like if you want to play another character had someone thought about how to get through the story the quickest

I think the save editor will take a while since the game is a lot more complicated, and Rick is more distracted this time, bless him.
You could use a trainer.
There's one with an XP multiplier, I've just finished the story and plan on using it for exactly the same reason.
I guess cheat engine would work too, but it's to much effort for me.

Listerine posted:

Can you get legendaries out of Golden Chests?

Sure can.

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Nov 19, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Here's the full featured BL3 trainer - including XP multipliers, and an instant-50 button.

https://flingtrainer.com/trainer/borderlands-3-trainer/

It does a lot more, but if you just want to quickly level other characters it does perfectly.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Yeah that's the one I used, didn't know it did insta-50, cool.
BTW, it's ideal if you use a keyboard with no num-pad.

Gonna use the 'high legendary drop' bit (again) for getting a ghast call since I'm late to the table. gently caress farming in a fomo panic

There are game saves around with all lv50 characters if you don't want to sit through the intro another 3 times.
You have to sift through al the mule ones with modded weapons, and every skill activated, but there are clean ones to be had.

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Nov 19, 2019

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Bold Robot posted:

I’ve had the same thing happen in terms of getting the same legendaries as pubbies. I also find that if I get a few legendary drops in quick succession, they tend to be the same item. Not really a problem, just some quirk in the RNG seed I guess.

There seems to be a thing where any legendary that drops from a ghost will duplicate. My friend and I always get the exact same legendaries in slaughter shaft when we pop a ghost and they drop.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

How do you level fast. Like if you want to play another character had someone thought about how to get through the story the quickest

Assuming it still works, if you're on PS4 (and I assume xbox) and have someone who will run you through you can have them load in mayhem 3 from offline and then go online. Bonus xp values should carry over. Friend and I did it levelling in Lectra city and went 1-50 in about an hour or two. Make sure it's set to coopetition mode so the enemies don't scale. You'll still have to run the story to unlock additional weapon slots, class mod, etc but you'll be doing it at level 50 rather than whatever level you would be so it's really quick.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Adolf Glitter posted:

Gonna use the 'high legendary drop' bit (again) for getting a ghast call since I'm late to the table. gently caress farming in a fomo panic

You still have 2-3 weeks until the event is over but yeah having to go farm 25 ghost before you can run through the event again is poop from a butt

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Joey Freshwater posted:

You still have 2-3 weeks until the event is over but yeah having to go farm 25 ghost before you can run through the event again is poop from a butt

If this weekend’s personal experience is anything to go by, green and red ghosts drop 3 hecktoplasm each, golds drop 5. (As of the previous hot fix, greens dropped 2 each, not 3, so a minor buff to drop rates.)

By the time the roomie and I finished the second battle on Athenas, we had our 25 goo. This was over five runs so it shouldn’t take too long to get what you need.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Alot of fl4k's artifacts and stuff refer to 'hunt skills', what exactly are they referring to?

E: also what are some of the better grenades to keep an eye out for? I feel like I haven't had a grenade worth using since I found the legendary halloween grenade at level 10.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ShadowedFlames posted:

If this weekend’s personal experience is anything to go by, green and red ghosts drop 3 hecktoplasm each, golds drop 5. (As of the previous hot fix, greens dropped 2 each, not 3, so a minor buff to drop rates.)

By the time the roomie and I finished the second battle on Athenas, we had our 25 goo. This was over five runs so it shouldn’t take too long to get what you need.

Wait what? I’m only getting 1 per ghost, regardless of color

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
This event has made me realize how much I hate FOMO. With the recurring Hex (even though they nerfed it) I always knew that if I kept playing I would get it eventually. Knowing that the Recurring Ghast Call is super OP and that I'll have to hurry and grind if I want to get it before the event is over makes me feel bad. It's made the game more unpleasant and stressful to play, especially seeing that about 15 of the 25 Captain Haunt kills I've done have dropped NOTHING.

I guess I shouldn't care about it, but I'm kind of susceptible to tricks like FOMO and the lack of stuff like that has been part of why I like Borderlands - I can/could play it at my own pace.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Joey Freshwater posted:

Wait what? I’m only getting 1 per ghost, regardless of color

I started getting more than 1 per ghost at level 50 I think. It might be that? Either the patch happened right about the same time or they boost the rate at max level to help with farming.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
I just hate the Terror effect and its impact on visual noise. Can’t wait for this event to end, loot availability be damned

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Magitek posted:

I just hate the Terror effect and its impact on visual noise. Can’t wait for this event to end, loot availability be damned

This times 1000. I don't hate the event per se, but I loving hate how hard it is to tell whats going on with all the extra visual mess the ghosts put out.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Agent355 posted:

I started getting more than 1 per ghost at level 50 I think. It might be that? Either the patch happened right about the same time or they boost the rate at max level to help with farming.

Maybe, I’m still only around 45 with my Amara. I’ll check later with my lvl 50 Fl4k

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Does anyone expect the Maliwan Takedown to actually require 4 people to do?

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

hi liter posted:

Does anyone expect the Maliwan Takedown to actually require 4 people to do?

Probably depends on difficulty setting and your spec. A class with a lot of tankiness + self sustain with gear that allows you to tear through most Mayhem 3 content can probably beat the baseline version of Takedown. Beyond that, who knows

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Agent355 posted:

Alot of fl4k's artifacts and stuff refer to 'hunt skills', what exactly are they referring to?

E: also what are some of the better grenades to keep an eye out for? I feel like I haven't had a grenade worth using since I found the legendary halloween grenade at level 10.

There will be text at the beginning of the skill explanation that says whether it's a hunt skill. There are hunt skills in every tree and some of them are also kill skills.

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

I made it through the first 2 sets solo mayhem 1 at lvl47 before I filled my inventory and loot bank so I just let myself die. Pretty sure you could solo it with a good build (unlike my random rear end Zane).

To get ghost goo I just run Mouthpiece because it takes 10 mins. The Mouthpiece/ Haunt combo I run has been been averaging 7 legendaries per run without loot boost gear.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Do bosses respawn if you leave their area and go do something else for a bit or do you have to actually quit to menu/reload to force a respawn?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Agent355 posted:

Do bosses respawn if you leave their area and go do something else for a bit or do you have to actually quit to menu/reload to force a respawn?

I think there is a timer if you return in the same play session but it's quickest to quit to the main menu and reload.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
is there a resource out there for parsing save files in a text editor? I really wanna test some save editing stuff but don't need to or want to wait 3 more months for that dude to finish his GUI version.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Ughhh they better add dedicated drop sources for legendaries because world farming sucks rear end.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

decided to go and get the ghost call grenade from the event before it ends. Got it in the first attempt, still can't find a good sniper rifle for my flak build though.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Resting Lich Face posted:

Ughhh they better add dedicated drop sources for legendaries because world farming sucks rear end.

They are planning to do just that :)

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The DLC comes out December 12th.

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
The miliwan takedown sounds like it has the structure of a Destiny strike. I'm really pumped for this.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

They even acknowledged that the event ghosts were kind of a bad idea and, going forward, will try to implement the seasonal stuff better.

I beat the campaign last night so I only know the game having those ghosts and while the terror thing was annoying, the badass and loot ghosts sure did give me a good amount of loot to help me along. The grenade you get is so overpowered and broken that it helped me take down bosses really quickly.

Edit: I really want a gun designer. Add it you cowards!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/borderlands-show-20th-november-recap/4124094

some of the changes

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Jimbot posted:

Edit: I really want a gun designer. Add it you cowards!

If loving only.
Let us scrap a gun and take 1 part from it.
Sure it takes 12 similar guns to make 1 but at least give the option.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
The ghosts are annoying, but I don't feel that it's a negative, just a different challenge. I hope they don't shy away from trying new enemy types and features like this. The idea, theme overlay, specific loot, and the slight challenge to fighting them, have been mostly positive for me.

edit: Someone make a petition for Maurice as a fourth Fl4k pet

BlindNinja fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 20, 2019

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

BlindNinja posted:

The ghosts are annoying, but I don't feel that it's a negative, just a different challenge. I hope they don't shy away from trying new enemy types and features like this. The idea, theme overlay, specific loot, and the slight challenge to fighting them, have been mostly positive for me.

edit: Someone make a petition for Maurice as a fourth Fl4k pet

Just give all the hunters a fourth tree. Zane gets John Woo spec, Amara gets slam spec, Moze gets medic spec, Fl4k gets dinosaur spec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The increase in bank space is coming at the perfect time for me, I'm just now getting to the point where I need it. I definitely want to keep a selection of Terror gear to see if there's an interesting combo I can come up with.