Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

monkeytek posted:

The OP deleted their post. Is their a copy of the original?

https://removeddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/dyfsch/chance_meeting_of_sandi_gardiner/

Dreaming Taxxe

https://i.imgur.com/8cpfnnJ.mp4

Bootcha fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Thank you!

This is so hilarious on too many levels to even begin to process.

Hi, I'm the head of Marketing. My company's titular marketing event for the year is happening this week and I am at an acting workshop!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

wonder how the Citizens will spin this one.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
if there's not another "oh nooooo~" moment as the tires fall off, I will be very disappoint

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

monkeytek posted:

The OP deleted their post. Is their a copy of the original?

https://removeddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/dyfsch/chance_meeting_of_sandi_gardiner/

E: drat, sniped, stupid work ww

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Inacio posted:

Sadly it's just anecdotal, not anything with proof.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
WTF is auditing an acting workshop by a movement teacher?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bootcha posted:

Sadly it's just anecdotal, not anything with proof.

Probably written by a goon FUDster in the first place.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

stingtwo posted:

pay the tax :argh:

No. U.

I'm taking an anti-taxxe stance.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lladre posted:

It's synergising holistic patterns to provide for extant expansion of the experiential sphere, obviously.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Lladre posted:

It's "welcome to the 21st century" you creative Luddite. If it was up to you, I guess we'd be back to cavorting druids, death by stoning and dung for dinner.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

stingtwo posted:

pay the tax :argh:

https://i.imgur.com/N15A9im.mp4

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
It reads like one of those thingthatdidnthappen.txt

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Haven't played the yakuza games but I feel the same way about open world games compared to stuff like Dues Ex. I vastly prefer games like the latter, where you're tossed into a series of hubs that are relatively open, with multiple ways of solving problems or navigating the hub.

I'm so bored by all the open world stuff that amounts to trudging through samey scenery and (very linear) dungeons over and over with some MMO tier quests tied in.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Or the stupid vendor gets killed by a random mob because you happen to walk near them.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Star Citizen: I moved on from CIG a few months ago :)

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
I think that's why space games are best handled by not really allowing you to do anything "on-foot" on planets. Conceptually it's a cool idea to expand beyond "you're a spaceship" to "you're a person in a spaceship" but it creates expectations for on-foot content that are almost impossible to meet. I can imagine some really tightly-controlled on-foot segments for set-piece story segments or ship boarding actions or something but what value is really added by letting you walk around a "living" city vs. quickly accessing quests from people via menus?

This is sort of what Mass Effect did, you couldn't just go wherever you wanted on-foot because that would have been stupid and pointless. They had limited areas where you could talk to NPCs for story purposes and all the combat missions dropped you right into the interesting part, you weren't slogging your way across planets and space in real-time.

I can't even comprehend how much money they have blown in relation to this whole idea of making everything 'fidelitious' when it would have been cheaper to do it in a Mass Effect-ish way and it would also be a way better game.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Fidelitious posted:

This is sort of what Mass Effect did, you couldn't just go wherever you wanted on-foot because that would have been stupid and pointless. They had limited areas where you could talk to NPCs for story purposes and all the combat missions dropped you right into the interesting part, you weren't slogging your way across planets and space in real-time.

Well, ME1 kind of did with the Mako planet exploration, and it was the worst part of the game. ME2 and ME3 smartly removed it.

(And then ME:A added it back in, sort of.)

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Esteemed #actress Sandi Gardiner does not need to take classes on acting. She must have been teaching it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Strangler 42 posted:

Esteemed #actress Sandi Gardiner does not need to take classes on acting. She must have been teaching it.

To be a fly on the wall when this happened, and to see Sandi's face fall when she heard the words "Star Citizen" and realized she wasn't getting scouted for a role but was being creeped on by a megafan whale.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Inacio posted:

Apparently "Community outreach and product promotion are not marketing" seems to be the line we're going with. Pretty standard "words don't have meaning that mean things I don't like."

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Don't call me sadly.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I wonder if "moved on" means "shitcanned" or "got the gently caress out of that place"

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Star Citizen: Auditing an acting workshop (I'm not an actor, but a movement teacher)

Wtf is a "movement teacher"? Someone who trains turds? Why would a teacher of anything be doing an 'audit'? Don't accountants usually audit stuff?

I have so many questions.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
I really like how they're leaning into the whole "Everything has been done and ready for weeks, the head of marketing does not need to be in the UK to handle things." I guess that means that everything should run smoothly and there will be no kerfuffles or snafus or exploding jeeps at the event?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Sabreseven posted:

Star Citizen: Auditing an acting workshop (I'm not an actor, but a movement teacher)

Wtf is a "movement teacher"? Someone who trains turds? Why would a teacher of anything be doing an 'audit'? Don't accountants usually audit stuff?

Auditing is when you sit in on a class but you don't really get graded or take tests or get credit. Movement classes are for learning how to move your whole body when acting, not just your face and saying your lines. Peter Weller had to reach out to his movement teacher at Julliard when trying to come up with how Robocop would move as a robot because he was having trouble moving smoothly in the bulky suit. He decided to lean into it and make everything super robotic and exaggerated.

Edit: #Acting #actress #robocop

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

I'm taking an anti-taxxe stance.

Ban him. Ban yourself too. Buy an Idris.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

monkeytek posted:

Star Citizen: I moved on from CIG a few months ago :)

Star citizen : Unmoved.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

SoftNum posted:

Apparently "Community outreach and product promotion are not marketing" seems to be the line we're going with. Pretty standard "words don't have meaning that mean things I don't like."

Developing a game does not mean working on a game.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

still waiting for the vending machine title. :rant:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Strangler 42 posted:

Auditing is when you sit in on a class but you don't really get graded or take tests or get credit. Movement classes are for learning how to move your whole body when acting, not just your face and saying your lines. Peter Weller had to reach out to his movement teacher at Julliard when trying to come up with how Robocop would move as a robot because he was having trouble moving smoothly in the bulky suit. He decided to lean into it and make everything super robotic and exaggerated.

Edit: #Acting #actress #robocop

It's all very weird to me, I've always thought that actors would just be smart enough to just experiment depending on what their role was in how to move. Stuff like "movement teaching" seems like a fake job to me, almost one of those 'joke' jobs that exist just to keep someone employed who has no discernable skills or practical ability, like the "Ministry of silly walks".

Not much call for "movement teachers" where I live though, so new things learned an all :)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Problem is you didn't spell 'machine' incorrectly.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sabreseven posted:

I haven't kept up on acting parlance in decades but here's the jist.

"Movement" is basically teaching how to dramatically move, in the sense of instead of amateur panicked wavy hands, a simple gesture will convey a thought more clearly. Movement also refers to understanding the physical limits of control of your specific body, in the sense of knowing how to roll forward without hurting your head, or getting used to fake ballet slippers for an acting role because you never took ballet and your toes and ankles would collapse from the stress.

"Audit" in the case of acting classes is basically "Hey, I'm running an acting class, can you sit in and then vouch it's a legit class?" Much like everything else, the voracity of the audit depends on the auditor.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

German auditors?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Daztek posted:

You know how in all the Star Wars movies there is a scene where a Jedi has to stop a Sith from killing the Emperor. You know the scene. You know all of the lines. If the Emperor is killed, the Jedi don't die. That is Derek Smart. He's not a Sith or anything. But he is the leader of CIG. And Star Citizen is his game.

That is the best quote I've ever read.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sabreseven posted:

Have you seen how Sandi walks and moves like a robot as soon as the director says "Action!"? Well, his job is to prevent that.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lol that roberts and ortwin are using the same tax break loophole poo poo for games that they used to get their lovely movies made

time really is a flat circle

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

TheAgent posted:

lol that roberts and ortwin are using the same tax break loophole poo poo for games that they used to get their lovely movies made

time really is a flat circle

Is that the same one that Uwe Boll used where if the movie lost money he would still make money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Gracias for the explanations guys :)

:lol: @ Strangli getting acting/movement classes now of all times. :D

#2x4