Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

abraxas posted:

You guys are misunderstanding what I'm asking.

I'm not asking why he shot her, I understand that. I also understand that the pillow muffles the gun sound. My question is why shoot her IN THE HEAD to kill her? She's already braindead, shooting her in the head is like shooting her in the hand. That's not gonna make her brain MORE DEAD. I mean, it kinda makes it less "in one piece" I guess but to actually KILL her dead-dead like he tried to, he should've pulled out the life support or shot her in the heart so the bloodflow to the rest of her body stops... something like that, right?

edit: stupid typo

Yeah I updated my post to clarify that. :v:

I mean, if you shotgun'd Terry Schiavo in the face, life support wouldn't work too well any more. Same idea here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Also, there's the matter of the life support systems being spoofed to make her look alive for 5 minutes according to Die-Hardman. If he opted for bleeding her out it might not have killed her in time and tipped off the staff to try and resuscitate her. Of course we don't know the extent of the medical tech they have in this world so I dunno if they could have saved her anyway

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

redsniper posted:

To answer your actual question: It could be that only her higher brain functions are gone, so her Ka is dead, but her brain stem and stuff are still keeping her organs working. They don't say how brain dead you have to be to be officially dead in DS or if she's on a heart-lung machine or what.

Thanks, I honestly know very little about this which is why I said this might make me look really stupid. That makes a lot of sense I suppose.

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Are you saying that becuase she's brain dead, that shooting her in the dead won't do anything? I'm pretty sure that if you shoot even a "brain dead" person in the head they will die because the brain is actually still actually performing vital functions, but IANAD.

Yeah I kind of figured that in a "worst case" scenario, which is just what I naturally assumed in a Kojima game, "braindead" essentially means "we could cut off her head and she'd still work fine because he brain is actually doing zero things anymore". Shows what I know, I guess :shrug:

Dewgy posted:

Yeah I updated my post to clarify that. :v:

I mean, if you shotgun'd Terry Schiavo in the face, life support wouldn't work too well any more. Same idea here.

I saw your update after my second post.. that's what I get for jumping the gun :v: And yeah, as I said in my original post, blood loss and trauma is a good enough explanation and it didn't like, ruin the game for me or anything. I was just kinda like "wait, what?" because, as I said above, I know very little about braindead people and keeping them on life support. I just assumed pretty much ANYTHING was handled by machines at a point where you're "braindead"

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Lol from wikipedias entry for a porter:

e: just look at that fog and terrain its literally death_stranding.jpg

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 19, 2019

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Shaocaholica posted:

Lol from wikipedias entry for a porter:

I hope that's timefall resistant wood.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
HEY! I'M SAM!
/

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lmfao my wife hit the yell button at some NPC porters yesterday and sam was like "Heyyyyy! Mines heavier!"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Romes128 posted:

Higgs looks like Bradley Cooper and it’s hilarious.

I’m about to blow your mind

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Is timefall just normal water tho? Can you drink?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shaocaholica posted:

When it hits the ground it becomes normal water. So yeah, you could drink it, or even make beer out of it if you really wanted.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Shaocaholica posted:

Once it accelerates time by impacting something it becomes normal water.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I may have got one or two words wrong, but this is loving stupid: "hey, you're on electicity fire...now"

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

redreader posted:

I may have got one or two words wrong, but this is loving stupid: "hey, you're on electicity fire...now"

Whenever he says this it reminds me of Jesse Pinkman.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Whenever he says this it reminds me of Jesse Pinkman.

It reminds me a bit of Christopher Walken.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

lol at the lil' kojima he's holding

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Dewgy posted:

Honestly my favorite thing (pretty major ending spoiler) was that the iconic five sinister shadowy figure what the absolute gently caress is going on imagery that he focused heavily on is literally you getting your rear end saved through the power of friendship. It's just wonderful.

When I realized this I almost got up and started hollering.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dewgy posted:

The trailers were extremely good at Kojima-style "showing without telling you a single bit of what the gently caress".

Honestly my favorite thing (pretty major ending spoiler) was that the iconic five sinister shadowy figure what the absolute gently caress is going on imagery that he focused heavily on is literally you getting your rear end saved through the power of friendship. It's just wonderful.

Yes. This was so good. I loved it to death (stranding)

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
So are all animals dead? But you see birds in the intro. If a BT eats an animal does it cause a voidout? Also on voidouts does it require a special type of BT to eat someone?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Shaocaholica posted:

So are all animals dead? But you see birds in the intro. If a BT eats an animal does it cause a voidout? Also on voidouts does it require a special type of BT to eat someone?

Theres an email about how animals dont have souls like we do so they dont have beaches so therefore they dont have beached things... blah blah kojima logic

Remember the stag from the intro? It got all hosed up by timefall.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Dewgy posted:

My only problem with this is that none of the 5 figures are overweight like Deadman

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The Low Roar gig was great. He spoke quite a bit about Death Stranding. Back in 2015 he needed cash, so when Sony asked him if they could use his song for a trailer he said yes. He didn't think anything of it until he was asked to fly into Las Vegas to meet Kojima, who he'd never heard of.

Kojima explained the concept and plot but I don't think Low Roar had any loving idea what he was talking about. However, he could tell Kojima was a fan and was blown away when he wanted 17 songs for the game. He still hasn't actually played it (or any videogame for 20 years or so), but someone told him the game was "the most expensive music video for a band ever", so he's happy enough.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
So Chapter 15 this is the end where you can just finish up deliveries right? There's no more story stuff?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
My wife took over the controller for this game halfway through chapter 3 last night and I gave it a 50/50 chance she'd be into it or absolutely hate it, but after some initial :chloe: about the controls, the dumb menu behavior, and norman reedus rear end shots we traded off playing until 3am and now she's texting me telling me to hurry up and get home so we can deliver more poo poo and build roads.

:getin:

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Romes128 posted:

So Chapter 15 this is the end where you can just finish up deliveries right? There's no more story stuff?

I think you can get more interview logs for doing deliveries - I did a handful and got two batches of entries, but I'm not sure if that was just from 5-starring the places I was delivering to or from some kind of endgame-specific progression.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Romes128 posted:

Yep, it’s the post game to finish up trophies.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So Sam called BB Lou at the end of chapter 4/beginning of chapter 5. When the gently caress did that happen? It came across like I missed a cutscene.

Also, when using bots to complete standard orders, can they bring someone up to 5 stars and if so, do you still get the star patch for your clothing or do you only get that if you visit them in person?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I don’t recall a cutscene either so I figure he just decided to out of the blue.

I actually prefer it that way. I want more story unfurling during gameplay and less in cutscenes

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 20, 2019

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Someone mentioned it could be the BB Connection level as well. You can check in your bridge links under your profile. At the bottom it shows you BB and BRIDGES too.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Tertius Oculum posted:

Someone mentioned it could be the BB Connection level as well. You can check in your bridge links under your profile. At the bottom it shows you BB and BRIDGES too.

I don't know about that. It seems that the BB connection won't go past 3 stars until after after Deadman returns Lou to you. Once I hit 3 stars I stopped getting the "BB Looks happy" messages and the rating wouldn't advance, and BB wasn't referred to as Lou until the opening cutscene of chapter 6

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Has anyone ever used the (Episode 4 or 5) cuff link knives to stealth kill a BT? Are they just for when I run out of grenades?

Also if Mama or whoever could apply the same technology to the front of my truck, so I can just plow through ghost zones, that’s be great for me.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Roach Warehouse posted:

Has anyone ever used the (Episode 4 or 5) cuff link knives to stealth kill a BT? Are they just for when I run out of grenades?

Also if Mama or whoever could apply the same technology to the front of my truck, so I can just plow through ghost zones, that’s be great for me.

You pretty much have to hold your breath to get close enough to cut the cord without being detected - and I think the cord disappears if you get caught. But even so, holding your breath makes you almost invisible to BTs anyway.

It does make backtracking quicker, if you need to, though.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Spoiler me. Google isn't helping.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Thundercracker posted:

https://wallhere.com/en/wallpaper/1369655

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Thundercracker posted:

It's one of those ominous looking baby dolls you see constantly around Cliff's character. It's never really explained how or why or what sort of benefits having that in his pod provided, just that it wasn't a real BB in there.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
What's the significance of the scar on Sams belly you see early on?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It is explained towards the end of the game.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Thundercracker posted:

iirc, there was like one line mentioning how he used it as a totem / connection to Amelie's Beach so he could channel all the cool powers better and serve her EE agenda.

Shaocaholica posted:

What's the significance of the scar on Sams belly you see early on?

HUGE ENDGAME SPOILER!

Sam got shot as BB when Cliff tried to escape and free him. Amelie fixed his wound on her beach and sewed him up with a cross scar

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Ahh, totally forgot about that bit. A lot was happening during the end exposition dumps.

Another question: Did they ever explain why the Timefall was happening? It just seems disconnected to the other aspects of the Death Stranding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Avynte posted:

iirc, there was like one line mentioning how he used it as a totem / connection to Amelie's Beach so he could channel all the cool powers better and serve her EE agenda.

HUGE ENDGAME SPOILER!

Sam got shot as BB when Cliff tried to escape and free him. Amelie fixed his wound on her beach and sewed him up with a cross scar

Thanks. Honestly I don't know if this game can really be spoiled since there's so much :psyduck: going on it's totally not like MGS lore structure.