Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad

LadyPictureShow posted:

Has anyone bought those folios wraps or the egg thins? And if so are they any good?

Don't love the cheese wrap -- it is *extremely* greasy. I ended up melting most over roasted veggies just to use them up.

The egg thins are delicious -- neutral flavor, dry crepe-like texture, and excellent for making rollups. They're my go-to lunch now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

flashy_mcflash posted:

They have what they call a Sherpa hoodie now. It's pile-lined fleece but it is 20 bucks and warm as hell and i am probably not taking this off again until April.

Also got a pair of $40 snow pants and some potato salad. Blessed be.

I have it and its amazing. Been using it as a Winter coat in 10-20 degree weather and it's like a furnace.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

canyoneer posted:

Since this is a product recommendation thread I must interject that Shark/Dyson vacuums are not great.

Get a used Miele canister vacuum

Got a Miele from Nordstroms online when they were running a %50 off deal.

Hands down the best vacuum I've ever owned. The thing will outlast me and my children.

EDIT: My costco just added the self serve food kiosk lines. Not sure how it will pan out, when I was there no one was in line and the person told me to just go up to the register.

BaseballPCHiker fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 18, 2019

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

First time I used the kiosk, I stared at all the options with choice paralysis despite knowing the entire menu by stomach.

Second time I ordered my slice of pizza and paid for it by walking past without stopping. I think they’re great.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

It may have been mentioned but this Dewalt tool kit is a great deal. Ordered it last night, I finally get to replace my mismatched collection of sockets from half a dozen toolkits. Compared prices at Home Depot, Lowe's and my local Ace...this beats them all for a comparable sized set.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pershing posted:

It may have been mentioned but this Dewalt tool kit is a great deal. Ordered it last night, I finally get to replace my mismatched collection of sockets from half a dozen toolkits. Compared prices at Home Depot, Lowe's and my local Ace...this beats them all for a comparable sized set.

Yeah this is a good deal for pretty much everything you could ever possibly need.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pershing posted:

What's nice about this kit is that the piece count is mostly sockets and wrenches. You'll see some kits that are 250+ pieces but half of them are screwdriver bits.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

I'm a little late to vacuum chat, but I picked up that Shark Navigator at the beginning of the year. When I rolled up to the checkout the cashier and her assistant both started in on how much they loved it. I am firmly in their camp as well after nearly a year of use in a one bedroom apartment. I've had no issues, no complaints, just good clean suction. Probably the best vacuum buy I've made in the last few years (moved states 3 times, no way I'm taking a $100 vacuum with me each time).

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Pershing posted:

Is this instore/cheaper instore? I vaguely remember seeing something similar but I don't remember if it was this specific one.

I noticed a lot of times the web store has "free shipping" but the prices are $10 higher than instore.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 19, 2019

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

BTW, my local Costco had this when I stopped in yesterday.

So stoked :snoop:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Got a Miele from Nordstroms online when they were running a %50 off deal.

Hands down the best vacuum I've ever owned. The thing will outlast me and my children.

They are so good. I got a 10 year old used one for $200 on craigslist and it owns bones.

Can't wait for the door to door vacuum sales guy to come offer me a challenge because my vacuum can beat up his vacuum.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

SE 84th Ave Portland OR Costco - first time shopper there today...per the employees it wasn't even that busy and yet the entire parking lot was full but maybe 5 spaces

Holy poo poo piss goons. Any tips on Portland area Costco's and times to go that don't suck?

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Also got a pair of $40 snow pants and some potato salad. Blessed be.

How is the potato salad? Every time I see it I think, ‘hey, I could go for some potato salad,’ but then my brain reminds me that 95% of the time store-bought mayo-based salads have about nine pounds of sugar in them and taste like overly sweet garbage, so I never buy it.

There is a Costco a block from my office, and since I’m moving to the area it will soon be close to home as well. Let’s see how long it takes for it to destroy any drive I have to bring lunch to work once I move.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ayndin posted:

How is the potato salad? Every time I see it I think, ‘hey, I could go for some potato salad,’ but then my brain reminds me that 95% of the time store-bought mayo-based salads have about nine pounds of sugar in them and taste like overly sweet garbage, so I never buy it.

It's my go-to product at Costco, I never leave church without it. That being said it's pretty sweet so maybe not for you. When I first started buying it it was five bucks but now it's 7.50 so it might not be something you want to roll the dice on because it's a lot. The container is excellent for holding my kids Legos or, presumably, other things though so it serves a dual purpose for me. My basement is filled with potato salad tubs full of Lego.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
BTW someone asked about that air fryer. I don’t have a frame of reference but it seems nice enough and I’m enjoying using it on various frozen foods like mozzarella sticks and mini egg rolls. I was in a hurry and nuked a couple mini egg rolls in the microwave as a snack and it was gross after getting used to the air fryer.

For $50 I don’t see where you could go wrong. I got another one as a gift for my sister since they’ve been looking for one as well.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

canyoneer posted:

Since this is a product recommendation thread I must interject that Shark/Dyson vacuums are not great.

Get a used Miele canister vacuum

If you want to give me $300-1200, sure, I'll get a Miele.

Chinatown posted:

So real good suction and build quality. The ability to turn it into a handheld hose vacuum is real great for my apartment with little nooks all over.

However the floor brush has really protruding brushes and just rips into the carpet too much. Like the motor bogs down swiping at the carpet fibers. Maybe just a few uses will soften up the brushes a bit.

That said yeah pretty good and better than my old POS knockoff dyson.

Turns out, is good. It sucks good. I hucked my $30 dust devil into the loving garbage. A good vacuum is worth some money. Not Miele money, I don't think, but shark money sure.

My floors are clean. My carpets are clean loving hell there was a lot of construction debris and poo poo hiding in them. They sure looked clean. They weren't.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 19, 2019

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bummey posted:

If you want to give me $300-1200, sure, I'll get a Miele.

Turns out, is good. It sucks good. I hucked my $30 dust devil into the loving garbage. A good vacuum is worth some money. Not Miele money, I don't think, but shark money sure.

My floors are clean. My carpets are clean loving hell there was a lot of construction debris and poo poo hiding in them. They sure looked clean. They weren't.

:agreed:

It’s like kramering in and saying accord/civic sucks rear end and if you want a REAL car like a real man you have to drive a Bugatti, no exceptions.

who cares it gets the job done getting from A to B well and cost effective, a $100 shark is extremely good bang for the bucK

The only thing I really liked about the cheap Hoover I had before was the cord was retractable with a pedal and drat that was nice having it win up in 3swconds. I’m guessing they must have a patent or something

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I actually bought a Shark from Costco and hated it, we returned it and got a used refurbished Miele.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Bummey posted:

I need a new vacuum. How is it?

My shark Navigator is fantastic, really well designed and functional, light and powerful. I love that i can detach the brushes to make a portable hand unit or unplug the handle for a wand and that the dust canister opens from top AND bottom. My only complaint is that the attachments are kind of inconveniently in the way on the handle and easy to knock off but I set them aside anyway so the unit is even lighter. Really easy to vacuum the stairs with it. I highly recommend them

E: oh you already got one :coal:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I also have a Shark Navigator and its great. Not great on high pile carpet - it sucks too hard and needs some effort to push, but I got rid of that rug for other reasons, so now I have no problems.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Are these vacuums good for large floor spaces and couches with dog and cat hair? I would like to reduce or preferably eliminate using a wire hanger to unclog the lines after several uses.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Edgar posted:

Are these vacuums good for large floor spaces and couches with dog and cat hair? I would like to reduce or preferably eliminate using a wire hanger to unclog the lines after several uses.

Two dogs, two cats, relatively large house: it's a beast and hasn't clogged in six years. Granted mine are all relatively short haired and we have a room a going most days but it's been a champ. It's easy to move around too

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

We have the Shark from Costco (it’s probably 6 years old at this point) and it’s great, although the insides do get clogged every 6 months or so thanks to our golden retriever. Luckily it’s super easy to clean, takes maybe a minute to pull out the hair clumps from all the various holes.

A Real Hologram
Jun 22, 2018

Moo!
About to stop at church here in Maui - step one of any successful trip to the islands. PBUC 🤙🏽🏝🌋

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm trying to find an excuse to go there today. I saw some floor mats when I was there last week. I need one for my front foyer. Good excuse to get a dog.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

A Real Hologram posted:

About to stop at church here in Maui - step one of any successful trip to the islands. PBUC 🤙🏽🏝🌋

The cheeseburger in the food court is pretty good.

Also buy several tubs of the Hawaiian Host macadamia nut chocolates

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's my go-to product at Costco, I never leave church without it. That being said it's pretty sweet so maybe not for you. When I first started buying it it was five bucks but now it's 7.50 so it might not be something you want to roll the dice on because it's a lot. The container is excellent for holding my kids Legos or, presumably, other things though so it serves a dual purpose for me. My basement is filled with potato salad tubs full of Lego.

Yeah, that’s pretty much exactly why I never got it - it’s a lot of food that I may blanket dislike, and as my entire family is used to non-sweet salads I couldn’t even fob it off on them. Sounds good if you do like that style though, and LEGO storage would be appreciated oh god where am I putting these so they don’t break in the move.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Holy poo poo the Snak Yard Shiitake Mushroom snacks are loving great. I bought 3 bags after devouring the first my wife brought home last week.

https://www.costco.com/the-snak-yard-shiitake-mushroom%2C-7.5-oz.product.100507834.html

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Went for a floor mat. I got that at least. But I also got some soft LED bulbs, Fiber gummies, car and bathroom air fresheners, and fish oil.

Didn't get the dog. :( I was going to but there was a sandwich place nearby that I was going to go after but then realized I had to go to the grocery store so I just picked up some spring rolls and sushi instead.

edit: oh, and a fire extinguisher for $15. I've been eyeing one for a few years but finally got it. There was one here when I bought my house 4 years ago but I have no idea how old that is and I hear they have a shelf-life.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 19, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

charliebravo77 posted:

Holy poo poo the Snak Yard Shiitake Mushroom snacks are loving great. I bought 3 bags after devouring the first my wife brought home last week.

https://www.costco.com/the-snak-yard-shiitake-mushroom%2C-7.5-oz.product.100507834.html

Yeah, between those and the snak yard fish skins, I'm probably doing way too much snakkin'

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the proper vacuum to get is the numatic henry which sadly costco does not sell

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

Picked up a electric hight adjustable desk at the 'co, can't wait to set that bad boy up for work from home days

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Your level of condiment use is acceptable but sadly, I can still see some dog. Keep working on it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

There should be hot dog horoscopes. Because I can tell you are a person that knows what they want and aren't afraid to take risks to achieve your goals.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Utensils? Lmao if you can’t just inhale a dog in one fluid, sensual motion.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It's my 3-year-old's. He enjoys relish.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Shaman Linavi posted:

Picked up a electric hight adjustable desk at the 'co, can't wait to set that bad boy up for work from home days

Omg, we saw that on sale and it looked AWESOME.

Any chance you can give a trip report before it goes off sale in 2 days?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Picked up a serrano ham and some Suntory Toki. Gotta get all these impulse buys out of the way before I have another kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

canyoneer posted:

They are so good. I got a 10 year old used one for $200 on craigslist and it owns bones.

Can't wait for the door to door vacuum sales guy to come offer me a challenge because my vacuum can beat up his vacuum.

How are you posting from the 1960s?