Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

TorakFade posted:

Guys, before I throw a hissy fit, where are all the badgers? I need a perfect one for my satchel collection, I've been looking for badgers for 2 whole ingame days, roaming from Valentine to Rhodes (looked in the Heartlands, all along the river north of Valentine, and all the land from the stables way north of Rhodes to south of the Braithwaite mansion) and saw exactly 0 badgers. Rabbits, deer, snakes, skunks, squirrels, wolves, coyotes, horses, muskrats, turkeys, you name it... I've seen many, many of them, but not one single badger. :mad:

Middle of the Heartlands in the general area around the oil derrick often has them, most frequently at night.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I got some perfect pelts belonging to small animals off of some NPCs I killed once. So far its only happened the one time, and I can't remember where it was.

I noticed some NPC's have specific drops, there's a bunch of guys in the mountains that always drop cocaine gum. I've run into collector NPCs on the road as well, and they often carry an actual collectable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

That stuff has been fixed as of yesterday. See here

Thanks for the heads up, though I haven't really had stuttering issues and am running DX12. Thought it also addressed CTDs, I get those in online once in a while around towns.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

My personal nightmare badger hunt came to an end after 4 in-game nights in the heartland. I think they're nocturnal so make sure you're hunting at night. Also feel free to charge about on horseback looking for their tracks, seemed a lot easier to find tracks that way.

Fishstick posted:

Middle of the Heartlands in the general area around the oil derrick often has them, most frequently at night.

That might be it, I've been hunting during the day because I thought I'd be able to see them better, but with eagle eye and tracks it's probably unnecessary. Thanks, I'll try hunting the little bastards at night!

And yeah, I just checked wikipedia and badgers are indeed nocturnal. Had no idea. The more you know!

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Previously I couldn't run the game because it kept stuttering and crashing. With today's patch combined with the Nvidia hotfix I downloaded(it does not download automatically as part of the regular driver update) it's running perfectly. I played for 3 hours without any stuttering or crashing. And godamn is it gorgeous. This is the most beautiful game I've ever played. I could ride around for hours doing nothing in particular.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4930

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Previously I couldn't run the game because it kept stuttering and crashing. With today's patch combined with the Nvidia hotfix I downloaded(it does not download automatically as part of the regular driver update) it's running perfectly. I played for 3 hours without any stuttering or crashing. And godamn is it gorgeous. This is the most beautiful game I've ever played. I could ride around for hours doing nothing in particular.

Quick question, does it gently caress with individual control panel settings for games?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Hakarne posted:

Yeah that's what I tried. I hit the weapon dead on multiple times and it didn't work like it does in single player.

every time i tried it i either capped the hostage in the head or groin shot the mark for a cool instakill. usually both. next time i must unequip the sawn off from the pistol slot for a start lol

someone was asking a while ago about annoying weapons you dont wanna carry. at some point online you can buy a weapons locker to store your poo poo guns in. i cant remember if you get that in story mode tho sorry.

Aug 2, 2000

SplitSoul posted:

Quick question, does it gently caress with individual control panel settings for games?
I haven't seen any evidence of that, no.

So I just ran one of the Online starting sherrif's missions where you have to hog tie an entire gang and it was surprisingly terrible. You have to hog tie all 4 enemies. If one gets away you lose. If one of them is killed you lose. They're shooting at you so often someone on your team shoots back reflexively instead of lassoing them. I must have played that mission like 10 times before I got a team that could both catch guys with the lasso and refrain from shooting them to death.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

So I just ran one of the Online starting sherrif's missions where you have to hog tie an entire gang and it was surprisingly terrible. You have to hog tie all 4 enemies. If one gets away you lose. If one of them is killed you lose. They're shooting at you so often someone on your team shoots back reflexively instead of lassoing them. I must have played that mission like 10 times before I got a team that could both catch guys with the lasso and refrain from shooting them to death.

This was a terrible mission for me too for very similar reasons (pubbies keep dyin, somehow), but its by far the "worst" of those 4 sheriff missions. This is also when I realized rockstar not adding the option to solo 1-4 player storymissions is really dumb.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Nice, I hope Windows 7 users get a patch too

Edit:

Fishstick posted:

This was a terrible mission for me too for very similar reasons (pubbies keep dyin, somehow), but its by far the "worst" of those 4 sheriff missions. This is also when I realized rockstar not adding the option to solo 1-4 player storymissions is really dumb.

It's extra dumb considering a good chunk of GTAO missions could be played solo. There was also a difficulty option that'd give you a bit more XP and money.

I just wanna play the sneak around in the woods mission at will :argh:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Yeah, that mission. I had someone repeatedly failing it because even knocking someone out was considered a kill for some reason and he had no idea it was him causing the fail.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Still getting CTDs near towns, depsite the hotfix. :sigh:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

SplitSoul posted:

Still getting CTDs near towns, depsite the hotfix. :sigh:

Have you messed with your games CPU priority? When I put it on high, as that is a fix that works in GTA5, I would get crashes instead of stutters.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Have you messed with your games CPU priority? When I put it on high, as that is a fix that works in GTA5, I would get crashes instead of stutters.

Nope. Googling suggests it's mainly a DX12 issue, but I get worse frames with Vulkan.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Is it worse frames but stable?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
I'm back to having freezes in St Denis, myself. :(

TorakFade posted:

Guys, before I throw a hissy fit, where are all the badgers? I need a perfect one for my satchel collection, I've been looking for badgers for 2 whole ingame days, roaming from Valentine to Rhodes (looked in the Heartlands, all along the river north of Valentine, and all the land from the stables way north of Rhodes to south of the Braithwaite mansion) and saw exactly 0 badgers. Rabbits, deer, snakes, skunks, squirrels, wolves, coyotes, horses, muskrats, turkeys, you name it... I've seen many, many of them, but not one single badger. :mad:

On the map, near the "N" in "Heartlands", there's a tree up on a hill with a dreamcatcher. Badgers seem to sleep there at night, and apparently high-probability it's Pristine. (That's where I got mine for the satchel.) If spooked, badgers seem to make this screechy noise while waddling away at high speed - quickly face where the noise came from, go Eagle Eye and you might spot the trail, or the critter if you're lucky.

I wish there was a stash you could drop poo poo into that you don't necessarily want to haul around; make it a second trunk next to your wardrobe. I could drop all the excess guns, special loot I want to save (accidentally sold a Penny Dreadful once :cry:), and ingredients/materials I want to save. Found out the hard way that cooking small game will scavenge your collected Perfect songbirds to make Tweetie Tenders. :argh:

Psycho killer: delivered to the sheriff. Fountain pen: delivered to Mary-Beth. Legendary Fox: what the *gently caress* that thing took six Express-load rifle headshots before going down. Maybe they're all Legendary because you need to behead them to capture their Quickening?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Question about a major plot spoiler I saw pop up on YouTube (god damnit):

when I switch to playing as John does everything I've done so far (and have yet to do) with Arthur carry over? i.e. will I be able to continue with the tasks and challenges I have currently?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Frankston posted:

Question about a major plot spoiler I saw pop up on YouTube (god damnit):

when I switch to playing as John does everything I've done so far (and have yet to do) with Arthur carry over? i.e. will I be able to continue with the tasks and challenges I have currently?

Most tasks and all challenges. There's even some extra content. It takes quite a few story missions for everything to open back up.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Regarding the spoiler:

Yes, and any side-missions (apart from Arthur's ex, Mary) you haven't seen to the end are still available. A neat detail I heard is if you started them with Arthur and finish them with John, they'll have special dialogue along the lines of "whatever happened to that nice man, Arthur?" :unsmith: I very much want to do a playthrough just to see this.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Yes, whatever happened to that nice man that lasso'd a stranger and dragged him to death (and then some) just to fulfill a challenge? Obviously the fellow deserved it, for not wishing to share his campfire with a blood-drenched man in a pirate hat...

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
It's a double because paging CapnBeeb:

https://www.mod-rdr.com/files/file/12-rdr-2-outfit-changer/

(not mine - :drat:, though)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This is probably my favorite game of the year, god drat, excuse the variable quality of the screenshots... it took me a while to find settings that gave me good quality and decent fps lol.

I loving loved riding around with a full gang, I hope this happens a few more times.

I honestly didn't find the first chapter to be that bad at all? I was sucked in almost immediately by the whole Hateful Eight of it all, I've been in chapter 2 for a while now too and I've barely gotten any of the story stuff done just because I have such bad ADD and get distracted with hunting and bounties and looking inside every nook and cranny I can find, poo poo I still haven't ventured very far from Valentine.

This is pretty much my dream game, I can't even believe I can play it with almost no issues(besides bringing my system to its knees) too.
The only mod I'd probably want is one that slows the entire day/night/weather system way the hell down because it's freakishly fast right now and doesn't really let me appreciate the world under different conditions.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Ygolonac posted:

It's a double because paging CapnBeeb:

https://www.mod-rdr.com/files/file/12-rdr-2-outfit-changer/

(not mine - :drat:, though)

Holy poo poo that's cool, I wonder if there's a mod that lets you configure a multiplayer character face so you can dupe your online char into single player.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Capn Beeb posted:

Holy poo poo that's cool, I wonder if there's a mod that lets you configure a multiplayer character face so you can dupe your online char into single player.

It says in the instructions to remove it if you’re trying to play online, rockstar would 100% blast the banhammer on that

Aug 2, 2000

Is there a way to take one touch screenshots without the UI? It's cool they have a photo mode but I don't want to drop out of the game into that every time I take a screenshot, I just want to press a single button.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Professorjuggalo posted:

It says in the instructions to remove it if you’re trying to play online, rockstar would 100% blast the banhammer on that

Which is goofy as it'd just be a cosmetic mod for single player.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Capn Beeb posted:

Which is goofy as it'd just be a cosmetic mod for single player.

oh poo poo I’m stupid and read that backwards, you probably can

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Here's an image dump of my RDR2 Online character. There isn't a better game to both chill the gently caress out or get into vicious firefights.

My dude and his horse, Holy Man:

Twirling gun:

Holy Man:

LeMat Revolver:

LeMat Again:

Litchfield

Sawed Off:

Outro:

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Some chump decided he had the right to run up and start looting all the dead bodies I just made. He immediately joined them. The nerve of some people... like wtf did he think they just fell from the sky that way? My bullets my loot, motherfucker

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Those gloves got me thinking about the times people do and don't investigate me for my heinous wanton crimes.

This is all talking about online.

R* definitely tried to put thought into this I think. Cap someone in a well to do kinda place and the cops are on you like jam on bread. Go postal in the bayou, the desert, thieves landing, van horn etc and no one will ever call the cops.

In the places where no one bothers to call the cops you often get a better fight than in the 'civilised' ones because everyone around goes hostile on you and you'd best have your headshots going if you want to survive the mob.

Its really cool and one of the things that makes it feel like a world.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Hakarne posted:

Some chump decided he had the right to run up and start looting all the dead bodies I just made. He immediately joined them. The nerve of some people... like wtf did he think they just fell from the sky that way? My bullets my loot, motherfucker

lol yeah same
lootin mah corpses? thats a paddlin

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Sleekly posted:

lol yeah same
lootin mah corpses? thats a paddlin

Like it'd be one thing if they shot me and then took my poo poo, I'd get that. But he just ignored me and started looting like it was his loving birthright and somehow that made it more infuriating

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Hakarne posted:

Like it'd be one thing if they shot me and then took my poo poo, I'd get that. But he just ignored me and started looting like it was his loving birthright and somehow that made it more infuriating

i only actually care about it when people do that too, usually i cant be bothered but still, miiiiiiiiiiine

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I hate how the game gives you instruction to loot everything and everyone during the "tutorial", but then after every mission your gang whines about getting away ASAP and keep pressuring you to leave the place

no guys, I don't care, we killed a couple dozens of people and I have to steal the valuables off their cold, dead corpses - and if the cops arrive we'll kill them and loot them too.

I haven't had random people come and try to loot my kills yet, but yea I guess that would infuriate me too :v:

E: at what point in the story will I have unlocked everything? (activities, weapons, mechanics, etc..) I'm getting started with Chapter 3 right now, only did the first 3-4 missions, and I definitely hated that I could not fish before one of the last chapter 2 missions. I also hate going shopping and seeing all those padlocked weapons; damnit, I've been saving money, let me buy that Carcano rifle you bastards

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Nov 21, 2019

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

When Cripps gives you a "hunt [animal] and trade it for a supply wagon" mission, does the quality of the carcass affect the final reward? I've handed in a 3-star deer, got the wagon and driven it to camp only to have Cripps say something like "well at least you brought back some of it..."

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Dick Jones posted:

When Cripps gives you a "hunt [animal] and trade it for a supply wagon" mission, does the quality of the carcass affect the final reward? I've handed in a 3-star deer, got the wagon and driven it to camp only to have Cripps say something like "well at least you brought back some of it..."

I don’t think so? I was tasked with getting a bison pelt before I had gear capable of getting anything but 1 Star and the buyer didn’t seem to care.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Dick Jones posted:

The only thing that matters is how much materials you get for it, and better quality carcasses give more materials. What comes out of cripps' mouth can generally just be disregarded.

Edit: Derp I only just saw it was for a specific mission ; there the quality doesnt matter at all.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Dick Jones posted:

The quality doesn't matter. Cripps is just an ornery dog hating bastard.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

Glenn Quebec posted:

Here's an image dump of my RDR2 Online character. There isn't a better game to both chill the gently caress out or get into vicious firefights.

My dude and his horse, Holy Man:

Twirling gun:

How in the world do you do tricks? Never seen that option before on PC. Or is it an online thing?

Quick question about stirrups: when I go to the stables, there's a list of new stirrups I can buy but none of them show any stat increases. Aren't they meant to effect horsey stats?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

tricks are an online thing, i think its bounty hunter? something you get as you progress through one of those trades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Sleekly posted:

tricks are an online thing, i think its bounty hunter? something you get as you progress through one of those trades.

This is correct. You get them from pursuing the Bounty Hunter role and activate tricks by double tapping TAB when you have your sidearms out.