Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Tesseraction posted:

Finally, a webcomic artist who can be consistent in their artistry.

Goblins was consistent.

consistently horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The faces weren't even consistent within a single panel!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Kerbtree posted:

Goblins was consistent.

consistently horrible

Didn't his kickstarter project get all the funds embezzled?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Didn't his kickstarter project get all the funds embezzled?

"Her", not "his".

From diving down the rabbit a bit, she claims the company that was creating and manufacturing the game ran away with the money. The game company claims they understimated manufacturing and shipping costs. Both sound plausible, board/card game Kickstarter is full of scams, failures, and mixes of both.

I don't want to look into it any further because that requires looking at Goblins artwork and euugh.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Synthbuttrange posted:

SHOW US THE DICK YOU COWARD

Do you see what happens when you encourage him?

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Yeah, that's pretty much this chapter so far.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

dude should get that shoulder fungus looked at

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

now a full page closeup shot of the dingus

DO IT

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Jesus what a loving boring dream. Mookie apparently was also apparently so bored by it he only devoted one panel to it.

He just can't wait to get to the next plot point he just thought up so he rushes through the current ones? That's what's happening, right?

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
How do you give a monster man the saddest, most boring dick ever

And look at that placement of the tail (the back one). Seems like it was intentional that it ends in the middle of his back, rather than following the expected line of the spine.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

more like the middle of whichever side is facing the camera

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you're naked enough to be usually naked, then why is it noteworthy.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MiracleFlare posted:

I demand a more interesting monster dong. Just like in my Japanese animes.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Synthbuttrange posted:

If you're naked enough to be usually naked, then why is it noteworthy.

He wants to gently caress the ink witch.

Which we already knew.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Putting on my Freud hat, the two circle in the dream symbolise the ink witch's baps.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
No nips

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Just how God (Mookie) intended.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Kerbtree posted:

Goblins was consistent.

consistently horrible

Was? It ended?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Was? It ended?

Nope, still plodding along at a snail's pace.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
How far along is Megatokyo? Granted it’s been like a decade but I seem to recall time in-universe had gone so slowly that 9/11 hadn’t even happened yet.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

How far along is Megatokyo? Granted it’s been like a decade but I seem to recall time in-universe had gone so slowly that 9/11 hadn’t even happened yet.

Unless things have changed every chapter lasts for one day. Meaning it's August (or thereabouts) 2000. Of course this isn't strictly true as MGS4 was being advertised in-story, which was released mid-2008 and wasn't a sparkle in Kojima's eye in 2000.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I’ve never read Megatokyo, and this seems to imply the series is building up to 9/11 in some way like that Robert Pattinson movie.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

How far along is Megatokyo?

Why are we talking about a comic that is worse written than goblins and just as lazily drawn as Dominic Deegan?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Why are we talking about a comic that is worse written than goblins and just as lazily drawn as Dominic Deegan?

Credit where it's due, I drunkenly stumbled across Fred Gallagher doing a live stream of him doing the then-latest comic a few years back and popped in for a laugh, and he was just there in the chat talking about how poo poo his art was and he hates being so poo poo and only keeps going because he says that a bunch of teenagers said his comic gets them through really dark times. Took the wind right out of my laugh sails.

I mean, it's bleak as gently caress but respect for a dude who hates everything he produces but keeps going for the people who like it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah mocking Gallagher is like kicking a puppy that is so used to being kicked it doesn't even react. I think he should at least publicly admit his Kickstarter game is cancelled, but depression is a fuckin' nasty thing, so.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Tesseraction posted:

Credit where it's due, I drunkenly stumbled across Fred Gallagher doing a live stream of him doing the then-latest comic a few years back and popped in for a laugh, and he was just there in the chat talking about how poo poo his art was and he hates being so poo poo and only keeps going because he says that a bunch of teenagers said his comic gets them through really dark times. Took the wind right out of my laugh sails.

I mean, it's bleak as gently caress but respect for a dude who hates everything he produces but keeps going for the people who like it.
You know what, yeah, I respect that. He sounds like a good guy and I hope he can be happy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

MiracleFlare posted:

And look at that placement of the tail (the back one). Seems like it was intentional that it ends in the middle of his back, rather than following the expected line of the spine.

The nudity in this comic is really an odd choice overall.

Like, it's not erotic in any sense- I may be limited in my reading of this, being a hetero dude, but then I'm pretty sure so is Mookie and he's not exactly trying to sexualize the character at any rate. Which is fine, nothing says nudity has to be sexual. (It's not really used for humor or any other emotional response either.)

But it's also completely gratuitous. It's clearly meant to be like "Well, this is how the character is" but it never feels like a natural matter of fact thing. It's there so he can say "look at how daring I'm being, drawing this guy's wang. I am artistically mature."

Of course my other idea is that he's decided "Is naked a lot" is a character trait (which, sure), and like all other character traits in a Dominic Deegan strip must be hammered home and explicitly stated by the characters.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

My guess is it's an excuse to, when Ink Witch shows up on camera again, draw her with tits out (and covered in blood ink) all the time.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mors Rattus posted:

My guess is it's an excuse to, when Ink Witch shows up on camera again, draw her with tits out (and covered in blood ink) all the time.

Unquestionably. He is horny as hell for the Ink Witch.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
I shudder to think what it will look like when Mookie finally draws tits or, god forbid, a vulva.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

He might have already done it in that one patreon comic where Dominic and tusk lady boink. Pray we never find out for sure.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Ha ha.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
This edit is no longer relevant, but I had my own terrible comics to make during the Skori Tree Assault Arc.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

TheHan posted:

This edit is no longer relevant, but I had my own terrible comics to make during the Skori Tree Assault Arc.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TheHan posted:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
800% more panels in that edit than Friday’s page

Drew one thing and couldn’t take a second pass at those legs huh

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

This comic is a parody of itself and I can almost believe it's some kind of weird trolling attempt.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Hmmm. ma???c...Whatever could that word possibly be...
Last time I read this thread I wondered what Snout actually eats, given how not worried about his house blowing up he was, but figured that was pedantic for this comic. Well I got my answer.

And these journal pages remain the laziest way to convey Snouts thoughts. Might as well just insert thought bubbles in normal pages and ditch these.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Mookie is too much of a hack to actually draw them doing these things in an emotive way over a four panel layout goddamnit.