Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

eschaton posted:

eat no food a bird has touched

Oh no, like eggs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

the butt don’t count

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

eschaton posted:

eat no food a bird has touched

lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
what if i’m on the run from prison and the dude I’m shackled to suddenly turns into a roast bird or something.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

President Beep posted:

what if i’m on the run from prison and the dude I’m shackled to suddenly turns into a roast bird or something.

this happens if you get stranded on a desert island with someone. The short fat guy will turn into a cheeseburger and the tall skinny guy will turn into a drumstick (or a hotdog)

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=houWTeGvDDw

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Progressive JPEG posted:

the butt don’t count

:laffo:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

see? it's canon.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've transitioned from "I need more space for my home computer video game console systems" to "my tool and cleaning closets are way too small". (A steam cleaner is really great by the by. Mean gout in the joints but clean grout in the bathroom.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

If he touches himself after turning into a roast bird, you can't eat him. Other than that I don't see how this is a problem?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jerry Cotton posted:

I've transitioned from "I need more space for my home computer video game console systems" to "my tool and cleaning closets are way too small". (A steam cleaner is really great by the by. Mean gout in the joints but clean grout in the bathroom.)

agreed jerry

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

you are not old until you keep a small piece of wood specifically for stirring paint.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
how about a piece of wood in the car to lean your back against?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sweevo posted:

you are not old until you keep a small piece of wood specifically for stirring paint.

i keep a small piece of wood that someone else has, at some point, used for stirring paint

i mean it's not like i have a shed full of wood, i might need this specific one

Mahatma Goonsay
Jun 6, 2007
Yum
or a folder/binder with every warranty/manual from every appliance or tool you have owned in the last 20 years

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

not all old people are hoarders.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

not all old people are hoarders.

hoarding those urea crystals

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Cold on a Cob posted:

how about a piece of wood in the car to lean your back against?

that’s some A game poo poo right there. :worship:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

an old person pastime i often enjoy is keeping an eye on my bird feeders and running outside to yell at the squirrels when they get into them.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

President Beep posted:

an old person pastime i often enjoy is keeping an eye on my bird feeders and running outside to yell at the squirrels when they get into them.

This is a noble pursuit. Kill the squirrels and eat them.

They actually taste really good

Syntaxrigger's Easy Mode Squirrel Recipe
1 packet of italian dressing
1 egg
3/4 cup of milk
2 cups-ish of bread crumbs
1 cup flour
1 Deep Fryer w/Oil

Follow directions on the packet to make the Italian dressing. Marinate squirrel meat in dressing for at least 3 hours, preferably over night. Combine egg and milk and wisk until color is even throughout. Get oil to frying temp. While meat is still cold pass into flour then egg wash then bread crumbs then drop into fryer. Pull out meat when it begins to float.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

syntaxrigger posted:

This is a noble pursuit. Kill the squirrels and eat them.

They actually taste really good

Syntaxrigger's Easy Mode Squirrel Recipe
1 packet of italian dressing
1 egg
3/4 cup of milk
2 cups-ish of bread crumbs
1 cup flour
1 Deep Fryer w/Oil

Follow directions on the packet to make the Italian dressing. Marinate squirrel meat in dressing for at least 3 hours, preferably over night. Combine egg and milk and wisk until color is even throughout. Get oil to frying temp. While meat is still cold pass into flour then egg wash then bread crumbs then drop into fryer. Pull out meat when it begins to float.
jeezy creezy

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I can’t kill the squirrels. what is night without day? who is holmes without his moriarty?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

I can’t kill the squirrels. what is night without day? who is holmes without his moriarty?
it’s hard to find your mental match in an opponent, i get it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

god dammit!!!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i have an actual geriatric next door neighbor who likes to scold me every now and then about the bird feeder because it attracts deer and is illegal. he is my personal squirrel foe

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

https://blueridgediscoverycenter.org/blueridgediscoverycenterblog/2018/10/1/mountain-boomer

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh man. god help you if one of those little SOBs decides to make a nest in your attic.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

President Beep posted:

:laffo:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

my dad is a major hillbilly, and i have clear memories of him being out for blood wrt the squirrels and his bird feeders.

he’d stand on the front porch in his longjohns, shooting at them with a WWI-era enfield .303 or sometimes his cheap rear end .32 semiauto pistol.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

my grandfather had a community garden because he grew up in rural louisiana and louisiana is already like 20 years behind the current times and it was our job to shoot squirrels to protect his fig and pecan trees.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

my dad is a major hillbilly, and i have clear memories of him being out for blood wrt the squirrels and his bird feeders.

he’d stand on the front porch in his longjohns, shooting at them with a WWI-era enfield .303 or sometimes his cheap rear end .32 semiauto pistol.
i imagine the garage friend peanut gallery cheering him on

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jerry Cotton posted:

steam cleaning owns. im in the incremental maintenance phase of life and like small fixes and deep cleaning and restoring things

Jerry Cotton posted:

i keep a small piece of wood that someone else has, at some point, used for stirring paint

a friend of the family passed a few years back and his wife didnt want his tools (he was a craftsman), so now i have his well used ladder covered in paint drops

I only realized after three years that it has a previous previous owners name also on it with a label maker label. i like to think its perpetually goes from person to person as some platonic ideal of a painting ladder

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Jerry Cotton posted:

it's not like i have a shed full of wood

jesus dude, I'm so sorry, I had no idea.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

President Beep posted:

i'm imagining what a 303 cartridge is gonna do to a squirrel and it ain't pretty

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i'm imagining what a 303 cartridge is gonna do to a squirrel and it ain't pretty
it is way way overkill but i imagine the gun and ammo are cheap in the midwest

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

hoarding those urea crystals

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I started a prescription for candesartan today. a medicine for blood pressure. I didn’t want to do this, but diabetes rips ya kidneys to shreds and this medicine is considered first line for protecting your kidneys. i don’t want to take any medicine that elongates my life or makes me less likely to have a heart attack, but if i lose my kidneys my life will be worse for ages without it being shorter, and that isn’t appealing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my doctor scheduled a bunch of tests and stuff to see if I have arthritis or what. also wants me to do a sleep study for apnea cause I guess my palate, much like the rest of me, has a dumb shape

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

echinopsis posted:

i don’t want to take any medicine that elongates my life or makes me less likely to have a heart attack

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Achmed Jones posted:

my doctor scheduled a bunch of tests and stuff to see if I have arthritis or what. also wants me to do a sleep study for apnea cause I guess my palate, much like the rest of me, has a dumb shape

we need a cpap gangtag.