Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

commando in tophat posted:

Don't know how well that works if palpatine lives after falling down to a bottomless pit and exploding inside of death star

The Emperor Formerly Known As Darth Sidious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
Well, there's a leak insisting that the Palpatine that died in RotJ was a clone and the Palpatine in TRoS is the original. This is because Palpatine knew Vader would betray him. It also says Leia, Lando, R2, 3P0, and Chewie die when the Falcon is blown up. Oh, and Palpatine says 'Execute Order 67.'

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

No Mods No Masters posted:

Everyone else was conquered and/or submitted to the first order off screen. I know people have trouble with this because it's insanely stupid but it is literally the first thing stated in the opening crawl

The only theory that is plausible is the one that the First Order is the New Republic turned fascist not an invading foreign military.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Horizon Burning posted:

Well, there's a leak insisting that the Palpatine that died in RotJ was a clone and the Palpatine in TRoS is the original. This is because Palpatine knew Vader would betray him. It also says Leia, Lando, R2, 3P0, and Chewie die when the Falcon is blown up. Oh, and Palpatine says 'Execute Order 67.'

Paalpatine

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

Surely it's Sheeev.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Horizon Burning posted:

Surely it's Sheeev.

surely the clone was sheev and thus the original was shev

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

Brother Entropy posted:

surely the clone was sheev and thus the original was shev

:captainpop:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

gohmak posted:

The only theory that is plausible is the one that the First Order is the New Republic turned fascist not an invading foreign military.

Its really funny if you think of them as just a political party with well regulated planetary militias working together

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Horizon Burning posted:

I hope this is true.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I just want to be sure, TLJ is set like 8 hours after TFA, right?

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

YaketySass posted:

The Emperor Formerly Known As Darth Sidious

Don't know what you're trying to say, but the chosen one prophecy wasn't fulfilled because vader didn't kill darth palpatine and so sith are still a-okay

Horizon Burning posted:

That's so dumb I hope it's true

kidkissinger posted:

No, it is immediately after, unless Rey just stood there for 8 hours waiting for Luke to take that lightsaber

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Horizon Burning posted:

Well, there's a leak insisting that the Palpatine that died in RotJ was a clone and the Palpatine in TRoS is the original. This is because Palpatine knew Vader would betray him. It also says Leia, Lando, R2, 3P0, and Chewie die when the Falcon is blown up. Oh, and Palpatine says 'Execute Order 69.'

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

kidkissinger posted:

For all we know it took weeks for Rey to train with Luke and the opening happened well after shed gone there. It doesn't really matter in any way does it? Maybe it's a year later by the time she leaves Luke and Poe is getting demoted, who cares?

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

First order: if i die, my failson snoke will rebuild the empire but with teenagers in charge
Orders 2-65: ???
Order 66: kill all the jedi

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Star Wars needs a Zordon to find some teenage heroes with attitude

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Horizon Burning posted:

Look, if the Wookieepedia guys say 'he's not a Sith' then he's probably not a Sith.

I'm not saying you're wrong, Snoke is clearly not a Sith™, but if we're allowing Wookieepedia as an official source in this thread now, I'm glad we can finally put to rest the Jakooine argument and agree that Jakuu and Tatooine are different planets.

That being said, none of this is a spoiler, so can we move on? There's a whole other thread for this argument.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

mastershakeman posted:

For all we know it took weeks for Rey to train with Luke and the opening happened well after shed gone there. It doesn't really matter in any way does it? Maybe it's a year later by the time she leaves Luke and Poe is getting demoted, who cares?

What training?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I cant wait to see Order 420

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

I cant wait to see Order 420

Red eyed c3po

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Horizon Burning posted:

This feels like a parody. The storyboard pdf leak is going to be 100% because it’s so dumb and bland.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah that leak is from some random 4chan post

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
If the leaks are true the silver lining is that this conversation must've happened and that's the funniest poo poo I can think of

https://twitter.com/maryscavenger/status/1197509809437921280

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I only trust the storyboard up to the ending, disney themselves don't know that part yet

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ema Nymton posted:

If the leaks are true the silver lining is that this conversation must've happened and that's the funniest poo poo I can think of

https://twitter.com/maryscavenger/status/1197509809437921280

I bet jj promised him the rest of the script would be delivered later and quietly locked drivers trailer when he was out and ignored all calls

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It turns out the emperor survived falling down that shaft, ok so you fight him and you fall down the shaft and then you die forever

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It turns out the emperor survived falling down that shaft, ok so you fight him and you fall down the shaft and then you die forever

Sequel hook!

And if it's true it's literally what jj is doing, making it so he can bring kylo back if desired

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’m gonna cry laugh in the theater if Kylo gets Boba Fett’d.

Like de Niro in Cape Fear.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

YaketySass posted:

The Chosen One prophecy means that post-Vader the Sith have to call themselves something else.
I don't even know if people know about the Sith. It's important to remember that Palpatine doesn't really give a poo poo about the Sith. The whole revenge thing is just how he's using Maul. Once he's actually in power, he calls himself Emperor and has no problem with the whole notion of the Force fading into obscurity because he's got what he's wanted.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Gonz posted:

I’m gonna cry laugh in the theater if Kylo gets Boba Fett’d.

Like de Niro in Cape Fear.

I'm gonna laugh til I ugly cry. Just fuckin bent over into my popcorn unable to breathe, cackling like a Lovecraft protagonist.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god if JJ yeets Kylo out of the story I might actually have to see this

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

[Me, seeing a Christian] oh gently caress it’s the pope

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably bullshit but who the gently caress knows anymore

I like how Rey just fuckin' zaps the Sith fleet into nothing. Talk about a climatic finale.

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 22, 2019

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

well why not posted:

[Me, seeing a Christian] oh gently caress it’s the pope

lmao

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Taintrunner posted:

Probably bullshit but who the gently caress knows anymore

I like how Rey just fuckin' zaps the Sith fleet into nothing. Talk about a climatic finale.

Just rename Episode IX to Palpatine: SSDD

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I mean, that's very obviously a 4chan shitpost, but hypothetically speaking, if Pauly Saltines said "EXECUTE ORDER 67" in the movie, tears would be rolling down my face as I tried to stifle laughter.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Commander Whyte Pryde

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Gonz posted:

I mean, that's very obviously a 4chan shitpost, but hypothetically speaking, if Pauly Saltines said "EXECUTE ORDER 67" in the movie, tears would be rolling down my face as I tried to stifle laughter.

after credits scene where Sheev's charred corpse raises up a hand and slowly whispers "execute order... 69"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gonz posted:

There's been other sources that overlap with it. Apparently this was the awful version that got shitcanned and they're doing a new ending with the reshoots.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Where is General Disarray???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

after credits scene where Sheev's charred corpse raises up a hand and slowly whispers "execute order... 69"

Kylo Ren, from deep within the bottomless doom pit, moments later:

"Nice."