Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

I'm getting hype.

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
is ck2 harder to learn than hoi4

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The thing that made me hype is that it immediately made me think ck2 is outdated.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm not going to be hype until I see groogy, dead

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The one thing that sounds boring is the mana bar for legacies...would be better if it was related to things your characters achieved. Waiting for numbers to accumulate is probably the worst laziest thing in these games and why eu4 was lovely on release.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

In Training posted:

I'm getting hype.

im afraid to get hype

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The one thing that sounds boring is the mana bar for legacies...would be better if it was related to things your characters achieved. Waiting for numbers to accumulate is probably the worst laziest thing in these games and why eu4 was lovely on release.

This. You should just get a bunch of points for cool stuff and some on death based on your rulers personal prestige and stuff.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Yeah it reminds me of waiting for the stupid legend bar to fill up on the warrior societies

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Stealing a post from the Games thread, here’s a new article that goes into more detail about the stuff that’s already been announced, and a reddit post by the author that goes into some smaller details that didn’t make it into the article. Info comes from a conversation with Henrik:

Some pretty interesting stuff, being able to dig up actual dirt on characters for intrigue sounds cool. Seems like Muslims will use the old “characters that like you more give you more levies” system while feudal characters rely on actual feudal contracts where they have to provide x% of the troops and income to their lord but can use leverage to try to force a better contract.

Also, no wacky poo poo (supernatural stuff, horse culture, etc) at launch and if they do add it there will be an option to turn it off day one. There’s still stuff to account for the way medieval people viewed the world but it won’t actually be supernatural, a character can be a witch but it just means that they’re herbalists or fortune-tellers or whatever, not that they can spend Dark Power to curse their enemies.

Its jsut going to be a bunch of mana.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

Its jsut going to be a bunch of mana.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Anyone finish the monarch challenges? They're cool, but they were pretty similar (brown, Celtic). I've only just started playing again, but pope claims plus crusader plus theology and catholic order makes it so easy to get free CBs. Even beloved crusader Richard the lionhearted wasn't safe from me just loving him with an invasion immediately after the initial crusade.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

New CK3 dev diary about war: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck3-dev-diary-3-war.1279641/

All your levies are now just one generic “levy” unit, balanced by the fact that retinues are now baked in to the base game, and sound like they’ll have a greater effect on the battle. Also each army only has one commander but any vassal with a high enough combat skill can be attached to an army as a knight so multiple characters can still be involved, just only one will be the commander. Also not each and every barony will need to be sieged, just fortified ones like county capitals and castles.

They also go into detail about the battle mechanics themselves but honestly I don’t know all that much about CK2’s, I just smash my armies into any smaller armies I see while keeping an eye on terrain so I don’t know what’s new and noteworthy there.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Really like what they did with supply.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

Really like what they did with supply.

Yeah the ability to just stroll right into another country's heartland always annoyed me in ck2

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Fuligin posted:

So do you still love making lovely 'n****r wiz' jokes or did you get past that eventually

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

That dude sounds like a big hit at parties

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Actually i hate parties

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Except for the lan variety natch

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Cool posts

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Don't stalk me you neurotic freak just get your credit card out or whatever you do at this point.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Average Bear posted:

Don't stalk me you neurotic freak just get your credit card out or whatever you do at this point.

lol you can kind of halfway dish it but you absolutely cannot take it huh. Sorry ill leave you to your forums bolt hole now

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
youre both insane losers

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

n****r wiz

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The N Word Wiz Saga

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

youre both insane losers

Going to have to second this.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Fuligin posted:

lol you can kind of halfway dish it but you absolutely cannot take it huh. Sorry ill leave you to your forums bolt hole now

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Strongly reconsidering Average Bear's Chad status right now.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Lets talk about upcoming smash hit Crusader Kings III instead of this bull rear end.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Jesus it's a funny quote lighten up you fuckin dorks. Especially you larry, don't act like you have a liscense to Chad.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Average Bear posted:

Jesus it's a funny quote lighten up you fuckin dorks. Especially you larry, don't act like you have a liscense to Chad.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
This is turning into a god drat bloodbath.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I can't wait for TNO

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

live and drink, imp zoners

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Stairmaster posted:

I can't wait for TNO

I want it to be good real bad but i dont know if i trust paradox modders to not fill it with radlib horseshit

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

You brought fail upon this thread.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This is probably old, but you get a cool government name picture if your demon spawn inherits a title.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://explorminate.co/iceberg-interactive-to-publish-star-dynasties/

Someone's making Space CK, which is what I wanted Stellaris to be all along.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

https://www.crusaderkings.com/news/...0191126_cawe_dd

New dev diary. It’s another mana bar!!! Also in the forum post he said that homosexuals can only seduce other homosexuals which is annoying. If you’re gonna seduce someone for power you should be able to swallow your insatiable cock lust for a bit.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Actually the secrets and hooks thing sounds good. As does plots only having a few people instead of like 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

can't wait for none of these features to not be in the base game and they're delivered over 3 years of quarterly 60 dollar dlcs 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕��🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕