Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Billie: She touches the scars and stitches. "So...you're dead? Why did you come to me then? Is...is there something you want?" She looks real worried once the thought that you might want her to get involved occurs to her. What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Nov 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch
Hot: -1 | Cold: 2 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 2

I'm currently seething in my seat. I didn't have a chance to get to curse Hale so he couldn't lie, and who knows what bullshit he's spinning in there. But fine. It's just another bullshit day here.

When I hear new guy, I look up. It's always me, so I haven't been wrong yet. Still seething, I respond, "To the shock of no one that knows him, Hale decided to be an rear end in a top hat this morning and started a fight. Billie jumped in to stop him, and between the two of us, he got hosed up. So, of course, he's in there, spinning his sob story."

I look back at her, saying, "So, what about you?"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Luna Lovell
Hot 1 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 0
Harm 1/4 XP 2/5
Psycho

Hale picked a fight with Billie and he's still walking? Fucker should be counting his blessings, not snitching. When Jay asks for my story I'm surprised, but I guess he's had trouble of his own today. I make big innocent eyes and put my hand on my heart.

"Hadn't you heard? I'm dangerous, Brewer. I threw Chris Moors out a window for disrespecting our mutual friend Billie. And because I kinda wanted to. Actually it was pretty rad, there's video if you want to watch it."

I grab my phone out to show him, not waiting for a response. The video is already queued so it's just matter of pressing play.

"See there he's trying to throw another punch, but he might as well be holding a sign saying 'off balance please throw' and then I get his wrist and boom goes the dynamite. Would have been a crime not to toss him, really."

I put my phone away and sit back, hands on my head and sigh.

"So yeah, I'm probably getting expelled or something. Don't really feel like playing contrite to get out of it."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Billie Odynom
Hot -1 Cold 1 Volatile 2 Dark -1
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5
Conditions: Dead Meat

"Eh? Needed to be convincing that Hale started the fight. So I played up a bit how bad he socked me. Wasn't selling that without coming here. The rest was uhhh, oops. But you're cool so I guess there's no harm in letting you know." I don't understand the specifics of why she's freaking out but plenty of reason to when you find out the dead walk. I try to change the subject. "So uh, is that nic you vape?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 21, 2019

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch

"Well... If you put him through the window, you probably ARE dangerous. But apparently only to jackasses, so you're cool as far as I'm concerned."

When she mentions getting expelled, my blood runs cold. I say, "That sucks. ...What are you going to do I'd you get kicked out? ...you don't think they'd kick me out, right?"

It hadn't really occured to Jay. He'd mostly just been thinking of a stain on his record, standing between him and the Ivy's.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Billie: She moves her hand away from your chest. "Oh. Okay." She still looks weirded out, but that might be the case for a while. She shakes her head in response to your question. "I use nicotine free juice." You hear your phone ding as you get a message. A quick glance shows it's Dr. Levee:

Dr. Levee posted:

Call me ASAP

"You want to try it?" Potter pauses, like she knows it's a bad idea to offer a student a puff of her vape, but, well... you're dead so that might not be a big deal. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Paisley Severance || Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +0 || Harm: 0/4 | XP: 2/5

I look at Brayden with a hint of genuine confusion. I'm not sure what or who he thinks my court sells, but I guarantee you that I feel no pressure from the sale of ditch weed or dubious powders. The right crowd already knows where to get the proper accompaniments to a fine party, like tonight's occasion. Still, no use offending the peasant. I'll play along for now and see if there's something to be gained.

I say, "Oh? And what do you get out of this little arrangement?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Paisley: Brayden looks a little surprised, like he thought you would just go for it. "Me? Well, I'd like to get on your good side. I can see how things are going, and you're already in charge here. Who knows where you'll be in a few more months? I plan to be on the winning side of whoever is, you know..." He looks around to make sure no one is listening in. "Going to be in charge of the drug trade in this town," he finishes in a lowered tone. Do you believe him? What do you do?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

"Ah crap," I blurt out when I get the text. She's already texting me can't she just text me the thing that she wants to say? Ugh I hate phone calls. "Sounds like an emergency. I got to take this. Rain check." I give an apologetic smile and slip out.

This better be good. I was going to get high with the hot nurse probably maybe definitely. I dial up the good doctor in the bathroom. "Now what?"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 2/5
Psycho

I manage not to scoff at the edge of panic in Jay's voice and try to sound comforting.

"Nah, you should be fine. First offense, good student? Hale's not in hospital so you'll get a warning at worst."

I don't say that kicking out their only black student might draw down the kind of media attention no public school needs. I don't think he needs me to say it, though. A little bitterness creeps into my tone when I talk about myself, and I hate it but can't stop it.

"I, on the other hand, have form for getting into fights. Admin don't want to know about why, they just want the problem to go away. So I guess I'll just...do homeschool or something. Always wanted to learn about the flat earth and biblical creation anyway."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Paisley Severance || Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +0 || Harm: 0/4 | XP: 2/5

I say, "Well, that sounds fair enough. Tell you what, I'll talk to my people and see how they want to approach this. I should have an answer for you after the party."

To be perfectly clear, I think Brayden is an idiot. Not the useful kind either. He wants in on my operation, clearly doesn't grasp the relative markets involved, and wants me to put my name out there for his mysterious sting operation. If Damien thinks he can be useful, excellent. If not, he's certainly creeping up my list of people to silence.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Billie: "What, you busy with something? This is important. I need to know if you can identify someone for me. He's a boy, about your age, black, buzz cut..." As she continues to describe him, you realize she's talking about Jay. "Ring any bells?" What do you do?

Paisley: Brayden grins. "I'm sure you'll come to the correct answer." He gives you his phone number and walks away satisfied. While you're walking away as well, you see Billie talking on her phone. You could head over and talk to her if you want. What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch

Relaxing a little bit at her dismissive attitude, I manage to let out a laughing snort, "Just remember, the right answer is always Jesus, and you'll be fine."

A beat passes, then I ask, "So, uh, were you going to go to Paisley's party? I mean, I was, but my parents might have other ideas if I get in too much trouble from this."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

"Yeah I guess I've seen that guy around town... What did you want him for?" My eyes dart around the hallway even though its a phone call. Levee has been cool and all but she's pretty sketch too.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Billie: "You have? Good. I just need to look into him. Who is he?" You sense her picking up on your hesitation. "I'm not going to do anything to him right now." What do you do?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

"But you are going to do something to him?" I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose. "He got jumped by a chud meat head today. He's too busy with regular medicine for a while to be introduced to the exciting world of super medicine."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Billie: "He might be dangerous, that's what I'm trying to find out." She's starting to sound real annoyed at you. "Just give me his name, I've got other things to do today." What do you do?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

"Fine. Jay Brewer."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Paisley Severance || Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +0 || Harm: 0/4 | XP: 3/5

It looks like Billie is pretty busy on her phone call, but I'm patient. One thing has become abundantly clear during the course of homeroom: Luna has some connection with Billie, or else she wouldn't have tossed Chris out a window over her honor. Billie is nothing if not physically capable, after all, so it's not as though she's some frail flower in need of protection. As she finishes saying something into the phone, the name of a certain Jay Brewer if I heard correctly, I give her a pair of come-hither eyes and settle against a locker. Might as well see what the fuss is about. Worst case, better insight into the Luna situation. Best case? Well, no harm in having some competition for the honor of joining my court.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 12:40 PM
@Paisley Severance: 2d6+1 Turn On Billie = (5+4)+1 = 10

String + XP.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 8, 2019

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

Huh? I didn't notice P walking by. Oh poo poo she's looking at me. Oh poo poo.

I shuffle over quickly. "H-hey, P." Smooth. Ugh, gently caress. I don't think my nerves can take more close encounters with the hottest people I know. I almost had a heart attack when Potter found out I can't have heart attacks. "What's up?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Paisley Severance || Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +0 || Harm: 0/4 | XP: 3/5

"Hey, Billie." I look her up and down a moment, then simply ask what's on my mind. "Are you and Luna an item? I'm trying to figure what caused Chris's little adventure through the window this morning. It'd make sense if it had been you doing the throwing, given what went down, but I'm not sure how she fits into everything."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

I can't help but frown, since I can't tell what angle she's working. "Does anyone need any excuse to gently caress up that poo poo head? I'm kind of jealous she got him before me. I'm supposed to be the girl with brass balls but there she goes beheading him on holy ground."
I sigh and deflate. "I'm not sure if I've so much as talked to her. So no, I've never been an item with anyone." To no surprise I'm sure. Luna's been kind of weird around me I think. Like apprehensive or something? Ugh I hope she isn't a chaser.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 2/5
Psycho

Paisley's party sounds right, even if it's at Damien's house. If that discussion I heard in the bathroom earlier made any sense she's got some kind of hold over at least two people, and my little dream is a bit of a hint that it's not just debt or sex or anything normal. The thought of her reaching out from that sink of blood still makes something in my stomach curl, and I cover my discomfort with an awkward shrug.

"Well, I'm not invited. Might rock up anyway. If you were looking for a plus one, I-"

I pause for a fraction of a second, thinking fast. Brewer has something interesting going on, Paisley is trouble. What if she wants whatever he's got for her little crew? I should...I dunno, protect him? Or something."

"-I guess I could do that? If you like?"

Oh poo poo, that was smooth. God, how am I so bad at this?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I nod slowly, a little disappointed that there's no immediate answer to the Luna mystery... but, honestly, not terribly surprised either. She's a threat because she's an unknown. Nobody knows what she's thinking. What she's capable of. What will set her off.

I say, "Hm. Well, no disagreement that Chris was angling for a beatdown from someone. I'd just figured that she might have some sort of motive past wanting to see him fly through a glass window. I'm honestly a touch worried about the party tonight. As far as I've heard, she's not invited. It'd be a drat shame if that was enough for her to go Rambo on the people who were."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

Sh-she's inviting me, right? Hot drat.
"Well if you need some meat on call I can help keep the peace."
I rub the back of my neck. I should make it sound like a better idea to bring me to make sure. Or at least get this out of the way now so she's less pissed if people freak out from Levee's super weed. "Also I liberated some THC extract stuff from a clinic. Better with friends right? I can bring it along."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I allow a small smile at that, "I appreciate it. I'll let Damien know that you're on the list. As for the weed... I see no problem with it. As long as it isn't spiking drinks, people are free to make their own decision."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

"Sick. I'll uh, see you there, P." I toss out a pair of finger guns and smile.

Failed turn on

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Jay: The door opens, and Hale steps out. He has a bandage on his nose and glowers at you. Principal Hillam says "You wait out here for a moment while I talk to Jay." Hale glowers at you as the Principal turns his attention to you. "Jay?" He leads you into his office and has you sit across from him. "I hear something happened between the two of you? Can you tell me your side of the story?" What do you do?

Luna: You might have a little bit of time to recover from that awkward line. Hale looks around at the empty office, takes out a cigarette, and lights it. "You really into that Billie weirdo?" He takes a drag. "I could see before he decided to find his feminine side but now?" He exhales and looks at you. What do you do?

Billie: As you try to flirt, you feel a pang of hunger hit you in the gut - hard. Your stomach growls loudly, loud enough for Paisley to hear. The pain is far harsher then it was this morning. What do you do?

Paisley: Your conversation is interrupted with the sound of Billie's stomach growling. What do you make of that?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 2+1/5
Psycho

I roll my eyes dramatically at Hale.

"Why is it that everyone thinks I have to be horny for Billie to beat up Chris? He's an rear end in a top hat, end of story."

I swipe Hale's cigarette and take a slow drag while savoring the irritation in his eyes. When I exhale I purse my lips and blow the smoke right at him, then turn his question around.

"Why did you pick a fight with poor little Jay and big bad Billie, anyway? Whose honor were you defending? Surely not mine?"

I flutter my eyelashes at him, innocent as a lamb. I don't hand back the cigarette, though. Let him try and take it off me.

@Luna Lovell: 2d6+2 Turn On Hale (tagging White Knight) = (5+3)+2 = 10

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Luna: Hale hesitates for a moment before saying, "I was dealing with Jay when Billie decided to leap in and randomly accuse me of racism. Just making sure Jay knows Krystal is mine." He looks you in the eye as he puts his fingers on the cigarette, his fingers brushing against yours. What do you do?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

Ugh poo poo gently caress. God drat it. I hate it when I need to scrounge up a meal. I usually try to you know, maintenance this poo poo. Eat opportunistically. Guess I've not had enough luck lately. "I'm so hungry I could eat rear end." I joke to try to play it off to myself. School's a bad place to find a body. I either need a lot of meat or something fresh. P's thighs were always tasty but I'm looking at them different now. Just a nibble would buy me the rest of the day probably.

I shake my head to snap out of it. "I should go."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

The first comment draws a surprised blink. To be clear, I do think that Billie is prone to crass behavior and I'm sure that hardly rates in comparison to other things she's said. Still, given the circumstances and her clear enthusiasm for being invited... perhaps I would have expected a touch more restraint? It was simply a growling stomach, was it not? The look in her eyes, too, has shifted. Where before I could see her appreciating my features, she seems... more raw, now, perhaps. I've seen the look in her eye, but I can't place it in the moment. Maybe there's something going on with her... I should figure this out. If it's something that I can hold over her, so be it. If she's simply prone to crude outbursts, then I suppose that simply confirms that she's exactly what she seems to be.

I say, "Well, I suppose I shouldn't keep you then." A beat later, I dig out my phone. I add, "But could you give me your number first? I might need to get in touch if the... Luna situation... develops further."

All I need is a moment. A brief window where her defenses drop and I can reach into her mind... reach into what makes her tick. I abhor a mystery, after all, and that which is unknown is always difficult to plan around.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 6:31 PM
@Paisley Severance: 2d6 Gaze about Billie = (6+6) = 12

Marking XP. The visions are lucid and detailed, they show me what I must do (+1 forward).

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

"Oh yeah sure." I hold out my hand. "Let me punch it in for you." Gotta admit. I'd resent being left on don't call us we'll call you. So I'll just shoot the test text for her.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Paisley: You sudddenly see, in Billie's mind, your thighs.

And then you see a thought of her biting into them and ripping the flesh away, chewing your meat in her mouth and swallowing it, blood on her hands, dripping onto the ground.

The thought vanishes, but you realize it's being suppressed. Hunger and violence are linked together in her mind, and she's trying to hold it off for now. You're something close enough.

...but maybe you could direct it towards someone else? You feel the connection snap away and see she's busy putting her number in her phone. What do you do?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 3/5
Psycho

I pull the cigarette back to my mouth along with his hand and take a drag to cover my pause for thinking. Just possessive, huh? I can understand that. Dude's a little volatile, though. Better not give him any wrong ideas about where this meeting is going. I let him take the cigarette away and let go of his hand, turning away to exhale.

"Krystal? I thought she was, uh, special friends with Winter? She seemed more worried about her getting in trouble with Paisley than anything else this morning. You sure she knows she's yours? Maybe you should help her figure it out."

If I can get Hale to go confront Paisley or Winter, that might be an opportunity to figure out what the hell is going on with her. Or at least entertaining.

@Luna Lovell: 2d6+2 manipulate Hale (still tagging white knight) = (6+2)+2 = 10

Hale's motive is to express his control over Krystal by separating her from her friends

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 3

I wince, suddenly feeling put on the spot. I mean, Billie already sorta asked to go with me, and... uh... she did save my rear end this morning. It only seems fair. But... I never said yes. I thought about it, but I was thinking about it. But Luna would probably be fun too... Krystal would probably be pretty pissed if I showed up with another girl, though...

Stalling for time, I say, "Well, let's see if I'm gonna even be able to go tonight first."

Despite Luna's attempt to calm me down, I still feel nervous as hell when the Principal comes and gets me. If only I'd had time to hex Hale so he wouldn't have been able to spin a sympathetic lie.

Taking a deep breath, I say, "It's not really complicated. I asked to leave homeroom to go to the bathroom. Then, Hale jumped me in the bathroom, because he's got a weird possessive crush on Krystal. Understandably, Krystal isn't very interested, and he blames me. So, while he was trying to drown me in a toilet, Billie heard him raving about how he was the only one for Krystal or whatever and got him off me. After that, he started attacking Billie and I wasn't going to, so I pushed him off of her. While we were trying to keep him from beating us up, he got hurt and then decided to blame us for defending ourselves." Thinking back to what I told Mr. Cook, I shrug, adding, "Personally, I think it's not a good look to punish some of the only minority students in school for not letting themselves be attacked, but I guess that part is up to you."

Manipulate the Principal = (6+5)-1 = 10
Mark XP

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Paisley Severance || Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +0 || Harm: 0/4 | XP: 4/5

Interesting... very interesting. I'm not quite sure I'd expected, but Actual Cannibal Billie Odynom wasn't quite it. This is workable, though, particularly if she can keep her teeth off of me. Haven't I said that the mark of a true queen is bringing disparate sorts together, making something greater out of the sum of their talents? The only question is how to turn this to my advantage in the moment... though it does occur quicker than not. I'd much rather see Krystal torn asunder, but I'll save that for my plotting at the party. Before the party, though, I do have a rather persistent thorn that could use removing.

I say, "Billie, one more thing... If you have a moment before the party, would you mind meeting Brayden for me? He's been trying to wrap me up in his tedious Breaking Bad fantasies and, say, should he find himself unable to bother me at the party..." I leave the connection from that to 'please kill and eat him' unspoken, but I'm sure that she can manage the leap. From hunger, if nothing else. "I could arrange a meet at a location of your choice."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5

Sounds like the madam has her own Eacobar fantasies. I can't help but think of those Pennsylvania kids that got busted with a ton of guns. Project Mainline or something. Guess that's not refined enough for P though really. The Italian suit clad "gentlemen" that only exist on screen and in the heads of self aggrandizing assholes.

"Yeah okay I can spook baby Heisenberg. Probably in my own interest to nip it in the bud anyway."

Something appropriately theatrical. The Yakuza take the pinky of gently caress ups. Maybe that'll keep me sated.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Jay: Principal Hillam nods at your explanation, and then freezes at your last sentence. "Now hold on Mr. Brewer. I will have you know that when there's a fight, we simply look into both sides. There's no bias here. But, uh, I will...take into consideration what you've said. Since we have no witnesses it might be a bit difficult to make a fair judgement. Why don't you go home and I'll look further into this over the weekend?" He steps away from the table and opens the door to talk to Luna. What do you do?

Luna: Hale takes a long drag, thinking on what you said. "Yeah. Yeah, maybe I should see if I can help her with...whatever's going on there." He grins. "Thanks. See you later Luna." He steps out of the office. Right after he leaves, Principal Hillam opens the door. "Ms. Lovell?" He pauses and smells the air. "Are you smoking out here?" What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Paisley Severance || Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +0 || Harm: 0/4 | XP: 4/5

I say, "Definitely. I doubt his ambitions stop with Ron Lovell's corner of the market. Anyone else who's dealing..." I shrug. "I'd rather not have some two-bit rear end with a bag full of ditch weed make things messy enough that, say, the authorities get involved."