Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Just because Sekibaya and Harou can't join doesn't mean the Marvelous Seki and his big new friend Hulky Hari won't be contenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

It's a wonder Koga didn't explode from the force of the fighting spirit Sekibayashi was pouring into him there. :kingsley:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Mary Annette posted:

It's a wonder Koga didn't explode from the force of the fighting spirit Sekibayashi was pouring into him there. :kingsley:

Sekibayashi trained Koga to withstand even the highest levels of FIGHTING SPIRIT.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Awww man I wanted to see the return of the HAMMER OF BURMA

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lt. Lizard posted:

just wanted to throw my hands up and proclaim Rihito as completely invincible, but on second thought, his beard is actually puny enough to keep a defeat in the realm of possibility.

The tournament is about two or three months away. Rihitobeard has time to grow into a worthy successor to the original Kurokibeard.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Kuroki has only just allowed him to begin growing a beard

Chaos Triangle
Dec 9, 2007
DO NOT TRUST
Just gonna point out that this is what Kuroki's beard looked like when he was already badass enough to stop a rifle bullet at point blank range:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Chaos Triangle posted:

Just gonna point out that this is what Kuroki's beard looked like when he was already badass enough to stop a rifle bullet at point blank range:

he shaved it to make it fair on the bullet

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm guessing the remaining participants will be
Kure Raian to kick the big Chinese guy's rear end
A sane Kiryu Setsuna because why not
I'm still not convinced Kuroki Gensai will participate so I'll say Muteba instead
Adam "gently caress" Dudley and Imai "gently caress" Cosmo

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm still curious what's going on with Nitoku and Bando

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Still waiting for the triumphant return of Kuroki's anonymous friend serving on the US military base who has finally perfected his anti foresight rifle techniques.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

Still waiting for the triumphant return of Kuroki's anonymous friend serving on the US military base who has finally perfected his anti foresight rifle techniques.

are guns even banned under purgatory rules

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

john wick is not allowed to be in this manga

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

where the red fern gropes posted:

Absolutely, it's not one of the weapon-using fighting rings.

Remember, Purgatory actually has safer rules than the Kengan matches :v:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Begemot posted:

Absolutely, it's not one of the weapon-using fighting rings.

But what if you fused the gun into your arm (like the way Dr Death fused his own sharpened femurs into his arms) so that it becomes part of your body rather than a "weapon"?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I doubt it, personally.

The reason why weapons were allowed to go through in Kengan matches were because of the 'merchant's pride' nonsense. And even then Hanafusa was like, an extreme case.

Purgatory is a one-man show with Goat Eyes calling all the shots, and while it's still underground, it's not some super-secret thing only known to CEOs and poo poo like the Kengan matches. Which is probably why there are more rules in place than your average Kengan match.

EDIT: The one that did allow weapons was run by the Yakuza, if I recall? And literally had the word Death in the name. And that wasn't even the most extreme one.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Nov 22, 2019

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm guessing the remaining participants will be
Kure Raian to kick the big Chinese guy's rear end
A sane Kiryu Setsuna because why not
I'm still not convinced Kuroki Gensai will participate so I'll say Muteba instead
Adam "gently caress" Dudley and Imai "gently caress" Cosmo

Fairly Certain crazy heavy weapons lady is gonna call in that job owed ticket muteba gave her if nothing else.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

Actually, considering that Muteba has no real allegiance to Kengan association and was in it explicitly for the money, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a fighter for Purgatory.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Lt. Lizard posted:

Actually, considering that Muteba has no real allegiance to Kengan association and was in it explicitly for the money, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a fighter for Purgatory.

No way, he learned his lesson from the kengan matches. Getting into a ring for a fair 1v1 is far from ideal or something he enjoys. If we get to see him again he'll be there for the act 3 disruption of the tournament that we all know is going to happen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

So kuroki is already a fighter and we might also get rihito? Seems a bit awkward having the outline only to reveal same chapter it was rihito

You thought it was Kuroki Gensai but it was me, Rihito!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Sextro posted:

No way, he learned his lesson from the kengan matches. Getting into a ring for a fair 1v1 is far from ideal or something he enjoys. If we get to see him again he'll be there for the act 3 disruption of the tournament that we all know is going to happen.

Doubly so because the rules are tighter than they were when he competed so he wouldn't really be able to dip into his well of dirty tricks like eye gouges and heart punches if needed without getting DQed or penalized.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kanos posted:

Doubly so because the rules are tighter than they were when he competed so he wouldn't really be able to dip into his well of dirty tricks like eye gouges and heart punches if needed without getting DQed or penalized.

which means it'll be an EXTREMELY bad idea to put Akoya in

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013

Kanos posted:

Have they actually said at any point what ruleset the tournament is using?

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

which means it'll be an EXTREMELY bad idea to put Akoya in

No it's good to put him into a rocket ship and shoot it into the sun gently caress off Murdercop

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Nah, shark teeth has his card and has a vested interest in keeping the kengan association from being absorbed by Purgatory. Question is has she already called that favor in? Especially since Seki isn't going to be participating she and Gandai can still put up a fighter to fill the roster.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

GoldenPrice posted:

Have they actually said at any point what ruleset the tournament is using?

No, but given that Kengan now has severe penalties if a fighter maims/kills another opponent and Purgatory's rules are supposed to be even stricter, it would be weird if the fusion tournament between the two was more lax than either.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Kanos posted:

No, but given that Kengan now has severe penalties if a fighter maims/kills another opponent and Purgatory's rules are supposed to be even stricter, it would be weird if the fusion tournament between the two was more lax than either.

Muteba only used those moves to get people confused as to his actual skill set which is that heartjab, and he can make that nonlethal/crippling.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/757618

Mokichi recovered!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Rihito don't screw this up you wanker.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mokichi is actually a really good fighter to square off against. He's definitely one of the more technical fighters from the tournament and of the 1st round dropouts probably one of the better ones right under Okubo. So as a way to see how well Gensai's training has payed off having Rihito who by comparison was less about interchanging techniques on the fly and more about really trying to slash Gensai or use body blows. I like both of these guys though so I hope nobody jobs out. Kokuro can go back to the gym though, his spot would be better given to Mokichi instead and the association could secure two better fighters.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Poor Mokichi, stuck being a jobber

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Battle of the jobbers.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I believe in Rihito.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Much as I believe in MOKICHI ROBINSON, Rihito has been training with Gensai, his fundamentals must be insanely strong now.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

He hasn't been training with Gensai. Gen just let him stay nearby, remember.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I actually don't want either of them to lose but of course let's go, Rihito.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Rihito is a good, and dumb, and horny dog boy.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

A traditional fighter like Mokichi is perfect for testing Rihito's fundamentals. I could see this match going either way, they're both jobbers :v:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Aww, I don't want either of them to lose. But uh, I don't think you should have a guy who had his neck broken once fight again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat, I don't want Mokichi to lose again.