Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Make sure there’s always a 10 foot ring of solid ground around your zip lines otherwise you could fall to your death by dismounting a zip line

Like one other poster said, point the camera in the direction you want to land. I tested it out earlier and it worked fine. Just in case I end up pressing O to dismount then hold L2+R2 to prevent issues.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

theCalamity posted:

Light spoilers. It's a minute long performance capture reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tYEhXxVEwo

Tommie Earl Jenkins going the distance with his performance
He's fine, but everyone knows the real star
https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1197669131765436416

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Ainsley McTree posted:

may want to tweak the spoiler tags in that quote :ssh:

and yeah that's another fair point about the president thing; the "country" is just a bunch of people in a bunker at the start of the game, they don't exactly have a big jurisdiction or a popular mandate to satisfy; the president can be whoever they say it is really

I think with the president thing Bridget took over as VP after the President died in the Manhattan voidout(and implied maybe she had a hand in this) and made it an unofficial dictatorship at some point(you can see in the Unger flashbacks that Bridges has its own private goons) and there really was nobody left to argue about democracy and all that.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Nov 22, 2019

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Sam, this is Turkey Eatman. I think it's about time I explain how I got this name. But first I need you to bring a small consignment of 75 kg of cranberry sauce down to my lab.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DalaranJ posted:

Sam, this is Turkey Eatman. I think it's about time I explain how I got this name. But first I need you to bring a small consignment of 75 kg of cranberry sauce down to my lab.

SAM THIS IS CHUG BOOZEMAN

I NEED A RIDE

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
What the gently caress. Does the road just outright not connect to itself outside the central zone's incinerator?

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Raptor1033 posted:

What the gently caress. Does the road just outright not connect to itself outside the central zone's incinerator?

it uh, goes the long way around, you gotta hike into the mountains north west of it

it's actually a clever use of the gentle slope and green foliage taking you into murderous mules when actually there's a bunch of empty land just over a small bluff to outright avoid them. I bet 100% of players go through the forest on their first trip across this area. very good gestalt psychology lesson

Modest Mao fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 22, 2019

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Modest Mao posted:

it uh, goes the long way around, you gotta hike into the mountains north west of it

it's actually a clever use of the gentle slope and green foliage taking you into murderous mules when actually there's a bunch of empty land just over a small bluff to outright avoid them. I bet 100% of players go through the forest on their first trip across this area. very good gestalt psychology lesson

I ended up following the ridge along the mountains to the south to avoid them on my first time, it was p easy but now I use the route you posted

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Modest Mao posted:

er

I'm trying to rebuild the roads, if I wasn't clear. The paver to the NW just sort of ends in midair and the other side ends by the entrance and for the life of me I can't find a connecting paver

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Spite posted:

kojipro isn't actually that big of a company. i'd guess they probably didn't have time/resources to add more npcs.

The end game credits listed a bunch of Sony owned game studios that worked on this game, and their staff credits were all significantly larger. Santa Monica, and Guerrilla Games were two of the stand out studios I noticed that worked on Death Stranding.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

On my way back to the city in ch 10 I picked up a side quest while I was already probably too tired to even be playing the game and opted to play it as fast as possible with absolute reckless disregard. I managed to get my bike stuck on rocks, get mad, get off, fall over like 3 times, fall off a cliff twice and get owned by a bunch of terrorists. BB went into autotoxemia, my exosuit ran out of batteries...

Of course, I knew this was due to my mood and not the game due to my previous 55 hours of mostly pure enjoyment, but at that moment I was "gently caress this game is so dumb and annoying" and I felt like it gave me this brief glimpse of what it must feel like playing this game all of the time if you are an impatient idiot, and it gave me some insight as to why some people hate this game so much.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Guess we got a confirmed cameo for Death Stranding 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Hv0sDp8RE

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I still think the private room animation where Norman Reedus turns around to point at the figurines is the goofiest thing

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I said come in! posted:

The end game credits listed a bunch of Sony owned game studios that worked on this game, and their staff credits were all significantly larger. Santa Monica, and Guerrilla Games were two of the stand out studios I noticed that worked on Death Stranding.

what about CDPR

Modest Mao posted:

very good gestalt psychology lesson

their dude gives you a psychology lesson

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I still think the private room animation where Norman Reedus turns around to point at the figurines is the goofiest thing

it makes me laugh every time. it's so dumb.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The private room stresses me out because I don't know what Norman Reedus wants. Like why did he point at the sink? He just needed to blow a raspberry so badly, and he needed me to see it?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I've put about 130 hours into this game and am only on chapter 8. At some point during chapter 3 the gameplay loop and mutual aid online component clicked for me and I've been playing nonstop ever since. It's a phenomenal game but I can see why it's so polarizing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Man this one timed quest from Timefall farms to the First Prepper needs to be done in 5 minutes to get the S rank. It took me a little over 7 minutes with my beautiful zipline network :negative:

gently caress you first prepper you are an rear end in a top hat with no friends which is why no one has quests for you

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

what about CDPR

I didn't notice them in the credits!

Also, if anyone is wondering why the gameworld actually looks more like Iceland than it does America, that is because Iceland was literally used as a reference to create the world. Probably more crazy though, is that the level design was a team of like two people.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Did y’all ever notice that a motorcycle sounds like toilet noises? Cause Kojima sure did

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

“Hey honey can you water the Reedus?”

After Sam collapses into bed I hand the controller to my wife while I go outside to smoke (quitting next week honey got the patches ready to go just gotta handle that big presentation at work first). When I get back Sam will be showered and empty of fluids.

Best wife ever.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I wish the towns that rise from the tar as you fight B.T'S remained post fight. It is such a cool mechanic.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Had a tall stack backpack. Upgraded my zip line. The fork tines swung around and knocked half of my cargo off.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Last night I crossed (spoilers for getting close to Edge Knot) the tar belt, and that sequence ruled from beginning to end. I didn’t really feel like I was in much danger, but I loved the concept and vibe of the sequence, and the design of the whale BT.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Confirmed just now that if you run into ghosts while flying on a zip line, you just pass through them and don’t get caught

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Steve Yun posted:

Confirmed just now that if you run into ghosts while flying on a zip line, you just pass through them and don’t get caught

Still scary though.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

just noticed (minor midgame spoiler but I didn't find it till well after the end) if you drink all the beer and Sam trashes his room there'll just be cans of Monster waiting for you again instead at the next private room lmao

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

just noticed (minor midgame spoiler but I didn't find it till well after the end) if you drink all the beer and Sam trashes his room there'll just be cans of Monster waiting for you again instead at the next private room lmao

That's hilarous. I was wondering where my beer went. I thought it was just a temporary perk, but it makes sense that they cut Sam off.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Can you get it back if you make another delivery from the time farm though ? I need to test this.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I streamed most of my playthrough and every time I was in the private room, I would do that animation and say something to the effect of "BUT LOOK AT MY DOLLIES" and it got to the point where viewers were mad if I didn't look at my dollies when taking a private room break.

I am 100% certain that they captured Reedus doing a dozen things for all the interactions you could do and he was sick of coming up with stuff for the figurines so he did that animation and it made everyone laugh so hard they decided it would be the only animation for that.

I said come in! posted:

Probably more crazy though, is that the level design was a team of like two people.
That is insane.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Nov 22, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Something they've done very well in terms of world design is that you never really find places that a 10m ladder or 30m of rope aren't enough to climb or descend. There's always a nice ledge you can reach midway to stand on without it being too obviously there for your use.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

I think it depends on where you are in the game... I was safely ignoring BTs while zip'ing about until chapter 10 when hiking back to Port Knot City, I took advantage of my zipline network around Heartman's lab and was yanked right off of one into a BT boss battle which was unexpected and not fun seeing as it was on top of a steep mountain.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I can't believe that the death standing was all a conspiracy to kill off the boomers so the USA could switch to the metric system.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Anyone else hum that awful song "Turn me on Mr Deadman" when that titular character is talking? Just my garbage rear end? ok

Are there any preppers hiding in the mountains to the East of the spiritualist? I think I wasted a lot of time traipsing around cliffs to no avail

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Quinton posted:

I think it depends on where you are in the game... I was safely ignoring BTs while zip'ing about until chapter 10 when hiking back to Port Knot City, I took advantage of my zipline network around Heartman's lab and was yanked right off of one into a BT boss battle which was unexpected and not fun seeing as it was on top of a steep mountain.

you can run away from them, i sure as hell did

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
speaking of BT encounters, my habit of getting snatched by them on a semi-routine basis (my fault for off-roading trucks through rainy territory) really paid off in chapter 8

i stood at the end of the tar shore and kind of glanced between the city in the distance and the BT's hovering ten feet away from me and thought "this has a small but fascinating chance of actually working"

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh hey, if I hit a MULE so hard with my vehicle that I got blood splatter on the windshield; does that mean a trip to the incinerator is in my near future?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Raptor1033 posted:

Oh hey, if I hit a MULE so hard with my vehicle that I got blood splatter on the windshield; does that mean a trip to the incinerator is in my near future?

Do they have stars over their head? If not, yes.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Can you get it back if you make another delivery from the time farm though ? I need to test this.

Yep, you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Modest Mao posted:

MULEs don't murder! They just pester, knock you out, and steal all your poo poo.