Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

sweet thursday posted:

want 2 c pANcil dismzaper

sweet thursday posted:

u wan how i guzza scrarz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

The Protagonist posted:

joker as a sugary digestible pop culture icon sucks, but joker as a reminder that societal norms, morality, order and all that is just a (mostly) shared fiction is great, as is the reminder that that system isn't really equipped to deal with individuals who don't partake in that fiction
go buy a purple car about it nerd

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Protagonist posted:

joker as a sugary digestible pop culture icon sucks, but joker as a reminder that societal norms, morality, order and all that is just a (mostly) shared fiction is great, as is the reminder that that system isn't really equipped to deal with individuals who don't partake in that fiction

pictured: the best joker

I partake of erotic fiction

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Fiqcíon erotique je Jokér

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Is The Joker the new The Crow? Like, is that what is happening here?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Wasn't the crow a bitchmade emo revenant?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The Protagonist posted:

Honestly no idea, I just remember people being edgy and dressing like the crow.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Protagonist posted:

The Crow existed before what you are calling "emo" came into being. It definitely was the progenitor of stuff like My Chemical Romance and absolutely gave rise to goth culture before emo became a thing. The Crow made goth-industrial stuff mainstream.

(real Emo, that's another story)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Giant_Pupils posted:

The Crow existed before what you are calling "emo" came into being. It definitely was the progenitor of stuff like My Chemical Romance and absolutely gave rise to goth culture before emo became a thing. The Crow made goth-industrial stuff mainstream.

(real Emo, that's another story)

My father was a drinker and a fiend and one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn’t like that, not one bit. So, me watching he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me and he says “WHY SO SERIOUS!?”. He comes at me with the knife “why so serious!?” Sticks the blade in my mouth "lets put a smile on that face!" aaaand….. why sooooo serrrious?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

and we off!
and we often love

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
the poker :grin:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I amma a Joker.
I joke and joke

one day i joek to a BAT

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Oops!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

My father was a drinker and a fiend and one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn’t like that, not one bit. So, me watching he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me and he says “WHY SO SERIOUS!?”. He comes at me with the knife “why so serious!?” Sticks the blade in my mouth "lets put a smile on that face!" aaaand….. why sooooo serrrious?

Seriously, the Crow gave birth to the first major media manifestation of this sort of thing. It absolutely existed prior to that but it was not mainstream. Back then, Goth-industrial was a fringe (but interesting) subculture to a lot of young people. Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Machines of Loving Grace - teenage kids didn't know who these bands were before The Crow became a thing. I mean, some of us did but it wasn't mainstream.

"Victims, aren't we all" was the 90's equivalent of "Do you want to know how I got these scars"

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 22, 2019

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

redm posted:

the poker :grin:

The soaker,
The midnight joker.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I- I’m wolverine. :boehner:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

/
\
i go diz
'ey Bat'
joke, joke

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

TheReverend posted:

Purple cars are dope.

Joker stuff not so much.

Im going to play special stage route 5 on the original gran turismo

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Protagonist posted:

Yes, a murderous capitalist who’s only driving goal is the acumulation of money is the best representation of the modern idea of the Joker.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

The Protagonist posted:

nah, every other batman character from when comic characters were 1 dimensional gimmicks has been fleshed out or given some context that made them interesting, no one really ever gave "clown...but evil!" that same treatment beyond when a grumpy wizard decided to be edgy and say "what if batman is lovely, and the bad clown is just his reflection?" and since then everyone has been aping his deconstruction and pretending there's more depth if they handwave his lack of context as the joker being some manifestation of chaos
Romero and Hamil were great because they understood it's a silly character for kids and hammed it up

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

ruddiger posted:

Yes, a murderous capitalist who’s only driving goal is the acumulation of money is the best representation of the modern idea of the Joker.

I mean, sure? Except also he kept his promise to Llewellyn, so what actually is his driving goal??

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Money? He pretty much says it in the movie. He gives a soliloquy about a coin, the basis of currency. It’s not like he kept it a secret.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Nov 22, 2019

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

I'm the groper, baby

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Coolness Averted posted:

nah, every other batman character from when comic characters were 1 dimensional gimmicks has been fleshed out or given some context that made them interesting, no one really ever gave "clown...but evil!" that same treatment beyond when a grumpy wizard decided to be edgy and say "what if batman is lovely, and the bad clown is just his reflection?" and since then everyone has been aping his deconstruction and pretending there's more depth if they handwave his lack of context as the joker being some manifestation of chaos
Romero and Hamil were great because they understood it's a silly character for kids and hammed it up

Sir this is a twisted fuckin drive through

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ruddiger posted:

Money? He pretty much says it in the movie. He gives a soliloquy about a coin, the basis of currency. It’s not like he kept it a secret.

Yeah, 'why did the killer also kill his target's wife if he didn't need to?' isn't some inscrutable mystery. Dude has a reputation to uphold, and has already demonstrated he's antisocial.
Besides, he also has a bit of a black eye since he didn't catch his target.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

ruddiger posted:

There was no money to be made in keeping his promise

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
My father was a drinker, and a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. "You been screwin' the milkman!" he said.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
The Joker? No, you're more like the joke!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Protagonist posted:

There was no money to be made in keeping his promise

He decides the wife’s fate by the flip of a coin, re: money. He’s pretty goony about it actually. He almost had a nosebleed when that gas station guy saw through his capitalist bullshit.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

flipping a coin is the quintessential manifestation of random chance, the world being essentially disordered, random, without meaning or purpose and chigurh is an avatar of that. furthermore, :tutbutt:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

it's not about what he wants, it's about what's fair! see you thought that we could be decent men, in an indecent time

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The Protagonist posted:

flipping a coin is the quintessential manifestation of random chance, the world being essentially disordered, random, without meaning or purpose and chigurh is an avatar of that. furthermore, :tutbutt:

Actually his character is just severely autistic.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

The Joker? No, you're more like the joke, sir!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Piddle me this, piddle me that
Who wants to get pissed on by a big gay bat?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
the fundamental building blocks of human nature seem built to ensure co-operation within a tribal system that includes unwritten rules and ways of interacting with each other, and we exist within this system

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Is Batman a virgin? Or is he porking Alfred or something?

Having your own personal cumdumpster as your servant would be the kind of practical effciency Batman is known for

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

ALFRED

I need to empty my balls post haste! I can't think straight with all this cum in me!

I understand Master Bruce, would you like my behind or my mouth today?

Want to read more? Visit my website at https://www.batmanbuttstories.ru/analapocalypse

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fartbox posted:

Is Batman a virgin? Or is he porking Alfred or something?

Having your own personal cumdumpster as your servant would be the kind of practical effciency Batman is known for

I don't read comics, but in earlier movies, and I have read online, that Bruce Wayne is a playboy that's intimated to bed supermodels and poo poo constantly

what I've never understood about Batman is how he's this billionaire playboy running Wayne Enterprises, which has to be exhausting, and require tons of travel and long hours, AND is sleeping with all these people, and yet he's constantly available as batman 24/7 any time that drat spotlight turns on, which is constantly. Like, how many 24 hour shifts of stressful work and personal life, while being literally beaten to poo poo every goddamn night can this guy do? When they fire up the bat signal and he's just too physically exhausted or out of town on business travel does Alfred have a "NO" signal he turns on and fires back over the city?

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Nov 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
catwoman steals his cum and he wants it back, but the joker is there to laugh at his pathetic semen security