Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

The only guest I really don't like for some reason is Jamie Loftus, which is weird because I like her writing...

Also shouldn't the thread title be some play on his openings? Like...What's threading...my posters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

AFewBricksShy posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3532486
History podcast thread. The first podcast brought up is actually Hardcore History.

His podcast was discussed pretty often in the history podcast but someone finally made a thread for it specifically.

That makes sense. Thanks for the link. It's tough finding relevant poo poo on this website sometimes haha.

Pretty sure Billy Wayne is my favorite guest. His bleach La Croix idea :discourse: Love Anna as well. Jamie and Cody are fun cuz you can tell how good friends they are with Robert, but they also guest a bit too often.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

An insane mind posted:

The only guest I really don't like for some reason is Jamie Loftus, which is weird because I like her writing...

I’m not sure which of the two she is but she was part of my least favorite guest combo from the Zuckerberg episodes, Jamie Loftus and Maggie May Fish.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

An insane mind posted:

Also shouldn't the thread title be some play on his openings? Like...What's threading...my posters!

Check the OP for what the forums kept rejecting as a thread. I asked if a mod could humbly fix it

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Clearly the star of the show is machetes.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Love the podfacts, but Robert's rant about Syria still weird me out.

Like, yes, Assad is a monster, but America getting it's dick in and doing more Imperialism isn't working so well in Lybia.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Best guests are Billy Wayne and Miles Gray. The Trump University episodes with Miles doing his timeshare salesman impression were amazing.

Also, a lot of people that read a lot know what a bunch of words mean and how to use them, but they've not heard them said out loud before or enough, so their stupid pronunciation gets mixed in their brain with all the correct pronunciations and will just jump out at you. Mike Duncan is one of these nerds, but also takes feedback pretty well and is even learning French now, which is super cool for him.

Robert Evans doesn't know how to pronounce petulant, unless there's some bizarre Texas version that I'm unaware of. I don't hold it against him or anything, but it's jarring to hear on recorded media and then I quickly get past it.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Billy Wayne is fantastic.
This probably could crosspost with the standup thread, but his standup is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ShD0RzOsU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Mauser posted:

Robert Evans doesn't know how to pronounce petulant, unless there's some bizarre Texas version that I'm unaware of. I don't hold it against him or anything, but it's jarring to hear on recorded media and then I quickly get past it.

I had a moment in the Kaiser Wilheim episode where he pronounced "Verdun" like "Verdune" and I had to rewind it to make sure I wasn't going crazy

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
I give everyone a big pass for loving up French pronunciation. I learned French and it took me years to get there because it is odd as heck. However, there are a ton of French words that have a standard English way of pronouncing them and Verdun is a pretty famous example, though not often used compared to something like hors d'oeuvres.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I can't remember what episode it was but it opens with him saying "Gloucestershire" super weird.

Edit:
"Glaow-chester-shyre"? Come on, man.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I can't remember what episode it was but it opens with him saying "Gloucestershire" super weird.

Edit:
"Glaow-chester-shyre"? Come on, man.

He's stated a number of times that he refuses to learn how to pronounce English place names because they're "ridiculous" and gently caress the Crown.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

There was some other word he pronounced weird that made me snicker but then I figured I probably make a bunch of mistakes like that but don’t have an audience ready to point it out. Now I’m afraid to say anything :ohdear:

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I feel his guest missed her cue when she asked if ‘lickspittle’ is a real word or something he made up. He answered it is a real word and he heard it on the simpsons.

How can you not reply with.
‘It's a perfectly cromulent word? ‘

Never mind , I’m just old.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Snowy posted:

There was some other word he pronounced weird that made me snicker but then I figured I probably make a bunch of mistakes like that but don’t have an audience ready to point it out. Now I’m afraid to say anything :ohdear:

He has also pronounced basically everything relating to Australia wrong

Edit: I didn't know a whole lot about Kaiser Wilhelm and I burst out laughing finding out that he was extremely horny on main.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Nov 23, 2019

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

terrorist ambulance posted:

I like this podcast quite a bit and robert evans is pretty good, but I honestly think it may have the biggest variance of quality in any podcast I like between its strong and weak episodes.

This is pretty much my take. His early episodes were really really good, with the ones on Eric Prince being my favorite, but some of the more recent episodes have been iffy for me. Like he spends too much time on nobody grifters like Jacob Wohl, and the conclusion to his Manifesto episode was really dumb.

Also when is he going to do Joe Arpaio? He promised he would like a year ago.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 24, 2019

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
New episode is out and it’s a live one about the creator of Sea Monkeys!

I read an article about the person in question and holy poo poo, this one is a long time coming.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

teen witch posted:

New episode is out and it’s a live one about the creator of Sea Monkeys!

I read an article about the person in question and holy poo poo, this one is a long time coming.

They had me at "Motorcycle Racer" then immediately lost me. What a loving roller coaster.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The audio really hosed up for a good chunk of the start of the live episode. I haven't finished it yet, but a lot of it sounded like someone pocket dialled me from the show.

Eta: I love the part where he asks the audience to raise their hand if they got their parents to buy them sea monkeys or xray specs as a kid, reveals what those funds went to, then just laughs uproariously at the audience's revulsion for a good while.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 27, 2019

Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

I had no idea about the Sea Monkeys / X-ray specs guy going into this one and holy poo poo that was a dark weird revelation. The laughter at the audience response was great too.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
thank you robert for reminding me about that one dide who wanted to wrap roy orbison up in cling film

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
oh god he got a physical copy of his stories published

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I really love Behind the Bastards, It Could Happen Here, and Worst Year Ever. I also listen to Even More News. I'm a fan.

I want an episode on the Semblers, Straight Inc., and D.A.R.E., because I think Robert would do the proper research to fully explore the story.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

rotinaj posted:

I really love Behind the Bastards, It Could Happen Here, and Worst Year Ever. I also listen to Even More News. I'm a fan.

I want an episode on the Semblers, Straight Inc., and D.A.R.E., because I think Robert would do the proper research to fully explore the story.

If your not already listening to knowledge fight you should be.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Firstscion posted:

If your not already listening to knowledge fight you should be.

I don’t know if I can take that much direct Alex Jones. It’s the same reason I keep wanting to listen to QAnon Anonymous and getting turned off.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

rotinaj posted:

I don’t know if I can take that much direct Alex Jones. It’s the same reason I keep wanting to listen to QAnon Anonymous and getting turned off.

They have their wacky Wednesday episodes of various space weirdos to help even you out.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Firstscion posted:

They have their wacky Wednesday episodes of various space weirdos to help even you out.

Even so, Dan and Jordan will crank out three-hour episodes of Alex to mainline, 2-3 times a week (particularly during "busy" weeks in Alex-related news like right now). Speaking as a regular fan, that's daunting even to me.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Send_Ninjas posted:

Have we figured out what his forums handle was?

He occasionally talks about having been a goon in the past.

Qalnor

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

Rampant Dwickery posted:

Even so, Dan and Jordan will crank out three-hour episodes of Alex to mainline, 2-3 times a week (particularly during "busy" weeks in Alex-related news like right now). Speaking as a regular fan, that's daunting even to me.

I fall asleep to knowledge fight, Dan has a nice voice. Shame that Alex shouting wakes me back up though

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
well that was depressing. I am happy that evangelical poo poo is slowly dying off in america.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
It’s amazing just how garbage Jerry Falwell’s father was, and yet he’s still somehow better than his son.

At least Carey Falwell seemed mostly content to just destroy his own life.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Nucleic Acids posted:

It’s amazing just how garbage Jerry Falwell’s father was, and yet he’s still somehow better than his son.

At least Carey Falwell seemed mostly content to just destroy his own life.

yeah. like i can see fallwell where Fallwell senior ended up where he was. He had a hosed up childhood and he was a shithead so he joined the church to get control so he could be a "good" father. i did like that rob pointed out that these sacks of poo poo lie about themselves to make their origin stories better. with senior, at least he actually "believed" in his awful poo poo. junior is just weird bigoted rear end in a top hat who is also a hypocritical cuckold.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I could not get through the start of the Falwell episode for some reason, just so much loud smacking eating and tangents that made no sense.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

An insane mind posted:

I could not get through the start of the Falwell episode for some reason, just so much loud smacking eating and tangents that made no sense.

honestly the tangents were less bad than usual. the white savior ones tangents were awful. and any with cody and katy are hard to get through at times.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Billy Wayne is on the trillbillies patreon this week

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

It’s been hours since I’ve listened and I just can’t stop laughing about the guy making the trapdoor too small (maybe) on purpose so nazis hit their head. Sure it’s petty and possibly an accident but I want to believe.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Same Great Paste posted:

It’s been hours since I’ve listened and I just can’t stop laughing about the guy making the trapdoor too small (maybe) on purpose so nazis hit their head. Sure it’s petty and possibly an accident but I want to believe.

i havent listned yet but i have heard of the dude a few times. i mean i like the fact that he "hosed up" a bunch of the hangings.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Pretty much every episode makes me mad (except the executioner for Nazis for obvious reasons), but god drat this newest one for this week is infuriating.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah, holy fuckin poo poo.

I peeked ahead and looked the guy up and wow it's not gonna be less infuriating either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Mr E posted:

Pretty much every episode makes me mad (except the executioner for Nazis for obvious reasons), but god drat this newest one for this week is infuriating.

This is the reason I can’t listen too often to behind the bastards and the dollop anymore...