Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

rodbeard posted:

You know how in the Postman one of the survivors of the apocalypse is Tom Petty as himself? This game has that except it's Conan O'Brian and he gets upset at you for not laughing at his jokes.

I haven’t played a video game since the last gta but now I’ve gotta go buy a PS4 I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Fuckin love untagged spoilers for a game that's not even a month old. It rules.

Settle down, Louise.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

It’s Kojima. You could spoil any detail from the game and it’s not giving anything away because none of his poo poo makes sense in the first place. The dude sucks at storytelling.

The main character, who carries stuff from one place to another, and builds bridges literal and metaphorical in an effort to rebuild the United States, is literally named Sam Porter Bridges. It’s like Kojima went to the first 20 minutes of a writing workshop then checked the gently caress out to go home and write the great American novel.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This game is the only thing that can unite America. And you fuckers hate it for it!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

It’s Kojima. You could spoil any detail from the game and it’s not giving anything away because none of his poo poo makes sense in the first place. The dude sucks at storytelling.

The main character, who carries stuff from one place to another, and builds bridges literal and metaphorical in an effort to rebuild the United States, is literally named Sam Porter Bridges. It’s like Kojima went to the first 20 minutes of a writing workshop then checked the gently caress out to go home and write the great American novel.

Whislt Sam Porter Bridges, a Porter who works for the Bridges, is an incredible bit of nominative determinism you can't overlook the other incredible names in the game. Like Die-Hardman, Deadman, Amelie & Bridget Strand (Nudge nudge wink wink), Heartman etc.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Who What Now posted:

Fuckin lol at this guy

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Feels like a missed opportunity to not make a healer character named Phil Heartman imo

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The main twist is when you, the player, is revealed to be Feelsbadman.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Paladinus posted:

The main twist is when you, the player, is revealed to be Feelsbadman.

Phil Badsman

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

beanieson posted:

I haven’t played a video game since the last gta but now I’ve gotta go buy a PS4 I guess

Lol don't.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

rodbeard posted:

You know how in the Postman one of the survivors of the apocalypse is Tom Petty as himself? This game has that except it's Conan O'Brian and he gets upset at you for not laughing at his jokes.

the otter hood he gives you is hilarious and I haven't taken it off since I got it

and I think the gameplay rules, it's genuinely fun and satisfying for me to traverse some rough terrain and then build up the infrastructure to make future trips easier and easier. I'm currently working on a network of zip-lines to make the mountain areas trivial and fun

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Haha, lol at all those fake spoilers. Okay, let me try. Geoff Keighley (voiced by Matthew Mercer) plays a character called Ludens Fan.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/AwwwwCats/status/1197606094459342848

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I don’t know. “You’ve got a friend in me” is always appropriate for threesomes.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

Yoshi Wins posted:

Well, it's a walking simulator in the same way that Shenmue was a simulator of having your dad get murdered and then dropping out of high school to play arcade games and drive a forklift.

I feel like this is actually a pretty apt comparison. Death Stranding is the first AAA game I can remember since Shenmue that is so very explicitly one man's singular vision, which diverges drastically from typical gaming conventions. Probably not much of a coincidence that I enjoy both.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:mad: Cotton Eye Joe is the best song for anything!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

She'll be Cummin' Round the Mountain (when she cums)

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

I feel like the pirate song could be fun for all parties

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
This goes in the funny pics thread too, not just good tweets.

https://twitter.com/GetDisneyPrime/status/1197893696865361920?s=20

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Who What Now posted:

I'm sure the magic of the game will still be preserved even if people are made aware of the existence of vehicles and bridges in it.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

There is a two hour long cutscene at the beginning and end of the game. Literally a full length movie at each end, plus multiple hours of expositive cutscenes throughout. I have made the recommendation to a few others of just watching all the compiled cutscenes on YouTube. There are already many single videos with them all in order. It’s 14 hours. If you watch an hour here or there it’s akin to watching a show on amazon or 14 episode season of K-drama on Netflix or something. That way you get to take part in the Hideo hoe down and see a (fairly) cool story without having to play walking simulator.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

The existence of the Ibiza party scene categorically disproves Macarena.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sorry, I just saw all the e-mails asking for my opinion, I've been super in the weeds lately: Kojima games suck poo poo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'd instabuy Death Stranding if it let you play as Venom Snake and was centered on letting you drive around with your dog analogue on open world rescue and kidnapping recruitment missions

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Me too :(

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Can you even spoil a Kojima game? I'm not even sure if the Conan thing is real or not.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

AFewBricksShy posted:

Can you even spoil a Kojima game? I'm not even sure if the Conan thing is real or not.

I am sure if you look deep in your heart you know the answer to this question. He is

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SOrry but our beef-rotted American brains can't comprehend his incredible genius

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

AFewBricksShy posted:

Can you even spoil a Kojima game?

Yes, they aren't nearly as incomprehensible as people like to pretend.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Aramoro posted:

Whislt Sam Porter Bridges, a Porter who works for the Bridges, is an incredible bit of nominative determinism you can't overlook the other incredible names in the game. Like Die-Hardman, Deadman, Amelie & Bridget Strand (Nudge nudge wink wink), Heartman etc.
Oh but when Dickens does it it's soooooo cool.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I bet a whole lot of stupid poo poo happens in it. Ooops, I meant [spoilers]I bet whole bunch of really stupid poo poo happens in it.[/spoilers]

Sorry, SORRY EVERYONE!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/jdmaccoby/status/1197923319879745542

Ladies please don't make the opposite mistake

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Your characters name is Sam Porter Bridges, he's a Porter for the Bridges. If it's a spoiler that A & B Strand might be important in this game, Death Stranding, then I don't know what to tell you.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Kojima is basically Andy Kaufman for video games. It's not about you playing the video game, it's about Kojima thinking about the millions of people buying and playing his game

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Who What Now posted:

Yes, they aren't nearly as incomprehensible as people like to pretend.

They are, but less in a "I don't understand this" way, and more in a "Why would anyone make this?" way.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aramoro posted:

Up up down down left right left right Bridget Amelie

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/jdmaccoby/status/1197923319879745542

Ladies please don't make the opposite mistake

To be fair an IED would probably have the same net effect of you never having children again, but there might be some unpleasant side effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

ewiley posted:

To be fair an IED would probably have the same net effect of you never having children again, but there might be some unpleasant side effects.

Supposedly the guy who had his balls blown off by an IED got a cockgraft and is able to spurt so here's hoping.