Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I can't wait until the chromatic aberration effect goes away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Chromatic aberration replaced obnoxious Vlambeer screen shake and Call of Duty dual image blur as the effect when you get hit really hard and I couldn't be happier.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Oldstench posted:

I can't wait until the chromatic aberration effect goes away.
Now that you mentioned it, it's ruined.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/Worthless_Bums/status/1197078189291556864

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

al-azad posted:

Chromatic aberration replaced obnoxious Vlambeer screen shake and Call of Duty dual image blur as the effect when you get hit really hard and I couldn't be happier.

Vlambeer screen shake owns, nerd

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Unlock The King - another radical chess-based puzzle game, it's a genre now

Also Shenmue 3 is out...in a year, got drat

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
There's a new Zachtronics game out MOLEK-SYNTEZ.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Black Future '88 comes out today. It a pixel graphics side view rogue-lite with a extremely heavy cyper-punk feel with a really good Synth-Punk soundtrack. I was in the beta and it absolutely nails the 80's Synth-Punk vide and feel with really good action game-play.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Sigma Theory: Global Cold War came out today too from early access. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a more abstract version of Syndicate. A spy sim taking place in an XCOM style Geoscape.

I'm an hour in. The tutorial is weak, but the game itself is pretty cool. It's exactly what it looks like. Chance based spy ops and Civ style diplomatic dialogue.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 21, 2019

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Cyberpunk is back in style, yesss.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hopefully it will be a little better than Satellite Reign from a few years ago, which had the same idea but was Not That Good.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Sigma Theory was okay for one full play through and a failed one. That was about 6 hours worth, and at the end it wore out its welcome and became too repetitive. I'm not complaining though, it was a cheap and fun little game.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Palpek posted:

Check this one out: ANNIE - a HD Voxel top-down shooting game

:eyepop:

God drat, this looks amazing. Is it translated? All of the videos appear to have text in Japanese -- not that that would really have a huge effect on what looks like destructible environment zombie-slayin'.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

null_pointer posted:

God drat, this looks amazing. Is it translated? All of the videos appear to have text in Japanese -- not that that would really have a huge effect on what looks like destructible environment zombie-slayin'.

Yes, the Steam page says there's a full English translation.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Lost Ember came out today. Something I've been really lookig forward too, I hope it will hold up to my idea of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br_b7JqM7Ps

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

^^^that looks pretty sweet, I'm going to check it out^^^

Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts - the new game in the series is out

GREEN VIDEO GAME - a 2D adventure platformer

Plutocracy - a 2D strategy game set in historical times

To Be Headed Or Not To Be - a coop escape the room game with minecraft-but-with-skeletons graphics

Kings of Lorn: The Fall of Ebris - a horror melee FPS

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This looks cool, many Hexen vibes. I hope it's good!

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling - its fuken paper mario and its dope

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Heads up the publisher's loving over the devs according to the Steam thread.

Edit: November thread sorry

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 23, 2019

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

A Sometimes Food posted:

Heads up the publisher's loving over the devs according to the Steam thread.

Edit: November thread sorry

poo poo

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

exquisite tea posted:

This looks cool, many Hexen vibes. I hope it's good!
Yeah, you're right now that I noticed the magic use in the trailer. It's impressive graphically too.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

don't get Kings of Lorn.

It has like 55 FOV and the dev said:

"Sorry, for this game there is no settings for FOV. The FOV in the game was chosen for a specific artistic reason."

Rest of the game isn't really convincing either but gameplay is impossibly sickening with that fov + forced motion blur. The latter can probably be turned off in configs, maybe FOV can be altered too but not worth my time with a thousand other games to play instead.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Getting sick by looking at our game? Guess you just don’t appreciate art. :smug:

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
It's also hella dark and every time a tiny spooder bites your rear end, the camera shakes like crazy. And the opening unskipable monologue is some of the boringest, dumbest exposition I've seen.
Stumbled around in the starting cave for half an hour, managed to beat two spooders and a skellington, then died and said gently caress it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Cthulhu's Catharsis - a strategy game about taking over the world as Cthulhu

Naxia - a Diablo-like arpg

GLOWCOMA: chapter 1 - a weird horror FPS made by one guy who's a 3D artist, it looks like a lot of effort was put into it, the monsters are freaky and the weapon animations look sweet, but it also obviously lacks polish

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Palpek posted:

Finally, That Which Sleeps came out!

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
released last month but i had a fun time with sea salt.

pixel graphics action/strategy

you play as dagon and you send your little worms, cultists and fishmen to murder humans. it has a branching campaign, you can get through a branch in a couple hours.

http://www.whycjwhy.com/seasalt/

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Thanks for the Sigma Theory tip. I'm enjoying it so far!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Palpek posted:

Why is a spawn of Azatoth aiding Cthulhu's ambitions

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Morpheus posted:

Why is a spawn of Azatoth aiding Cthulhu's ambitions

Teens often rebel against their parents.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
edit:

Taking this to the proper thread. Thanks.

Mahoning fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 27, 2019

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Mahoning posted:

Hey I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't really find a "recommend me" thread. So maybe someone could either answer this or point me in the right direction.

So basically, my dad has been exhibiting signs of Alzheimer's (everything except the tremors, which is why they're not calling it Alzheimer's) but he's been doing much better cognitively after beginning to take Alzheimer's medication. The problem is he can't drive anymore and was forced to retire from his job and so he's sitting home all day, not using his brain. The neurologist at the Cleveland Clinic suggested video games and so my mom charged me with finding something that he would actually enjoy (or even do at all). My only idea is a racing game, maybe even with one of those racing wheels? My dad likes NASCAR and the Indy 500 and all that (and he misses driving) and I thought that would maybe be something he'd enjoy.

So anyways, the question is what would be the right combination of console/game/accessory? I'd like to figure this out by this weekend so my mom can buy whatever. I don't think money is necessarily an issue (my mom knows she has to buy a console and a game at the very least, but I don't think she's willing to go as far as one of those crazy driving sim rigs)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3196783

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Biker Garage Mechanic Simulator - a realistic sim where you work on bikes

Skelittle: A Giant Party - a co-op party game, looks kinda cool

End of Realms - an indie turn-based RPG

Story of a Gladiator - a side-scrolling arena fighting game

Tides of Existence - some kind of Two Worlds competitor? Maybe

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Dandy Dungeon - Legend of Brave Yamada - a huge mobile RPG hit released on Steam today, I remember this game being addictive and actually funny

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Palpek posted:

Dandy Dungeon - Legend of Brave Yamada - a huge mobile RPG hit released on Steam today, I remember this game being addictive and actually funny

Wow...I'd forgotten about that, but it was pretty fun and funny. But man, almost :20bux:? I dunno what all they updated at that price, it was free IIRC (they apparently killed the app version around a year ago).

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Donnerberg posted:

Sigma Theory: Global Cold War came out today too from early access. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a more abstract version of Syndicate. A spy sim taking place in an XCOM style Geoscape.

I'm an hour in. The tutorial is weak, but the game itself is pretty cool. It's exactly what it looks like. Chance based spy ops and Civ style diplomatic dialogue.
Having played a bit more of this: it could be a little deeper mechanics-wise, and some of the text could use clarifying. Example: I was asked by my boss to release info to justify going to war against another country who'd been doing nasty stuff. One of the options was "expose them to the press". I chose it thinking it meant expose the other country to the press, so I don't have to do the propaganda myself. Nope: it meant expose my bosses to the press, which, as you can imagine, they weren't very happy about.

But it can be quite fun, especially when you think about the narrative that your actions imply my best agent is a cybernetic dog with the consciousness of one of my older, dead agents transferred into it. She's female. At the moment she basically flies around the world secuding (human) men/lesbian/bisexual scientists and eloping with them back home. She's doing her duty for her country, one interspecies one-night-stand at a time :patriot:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Wow...I'd forgotten about that, but it was pretty fun and funny. But man, almost :20bux:? I dunno what all they updated at that price, it was free IIRC (they apparently killed the app version around a year ago).
Yeah, the price is a bit steep. I'm wondering how it influenced the in-game shop though now that the game isn't free, I hope it was rebalanced with that in mind.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Neon Noodles - Cyberpunk Kitchen Automation - some sort of cyberpunk mashup of Cook, Serve, Delicious and Factorio

Nexomon - this is NOT Pokemon

Blaster Master Zero 2 - I never played the first one but this looks like a solid 2D retro action-platformer

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Halo: The Master Chief Collection - it's here

EarthNight - a decent-looking 2D platformer

Fear the Dark Unknown - an interesting horror game inspired by Resident Evil/Silent Hill but apparently with some hard puzzles added to it

Valakas Story - some weird-rear end Russian fighting game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Palpek posted:

Valakas Story - some weird-rear end Russian fighting game

:eyepop: