Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Weren't there allegations back then too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Stairmaster posted:

Weren't there allegations back then too

There were allegations for decades upon decades. In the 70s? a woman he seen with at the playboy mansion left in an ambulance in the middle of the night and many people there knew about it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Glad to hear Henry no longer watches WWE. After that Saudi Arabia thing is hope anyone with any decency would stop.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
This would have been perfect for the PAX games panel! Made by FullMetalJackoff and posted in the Simpsons Memes thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk5A6CmA5PQ

He has tons of other shitposts and compilations on YT

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Couldn't stop picturing Nathan Rabin as Gizmo the mogwai during this episode. thank you!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

papa horny michael posted:

Couldn't stop picturing Nathan Rabin as Gizmo the mogwai during this episode. thank you!

He sounds way different than I imagined.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Frasier meets Titanic is basically Down Periscope

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The new sound que is perfect and will be used so much.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Bob and Henry made it to a Simpsons Table Read finally!

https://twitter.com/hEnereyG/status/1192571218504716288

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
That looks great. Good for them!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Very cool!

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
Am I the only person who hears their promo for Talking Futurama Season 2 and is disappointed it doesn't start with "Good news, everyone"?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I think this week's episode is the first one they've hit that I really only remember bits and pieces of. There's a lot of gags that I straight up do not remember at all that do nothing for me like the Honeymooners thing. You can tell some of these jokes are already starting to get pretty forced. My normal range of seasons to watch is 3-9 or so, so I'm curious to see when I actually stop recalling full episodes of the show as I just stopped watching. I think I watched through season 12 or 13 from browsing through the episode list but have seen the "later" ones a fraction of times compared to how many times I've watched and re-watched the earlier ones.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I’m finding this season to be the transition point where the show relies on funny gags and jokes that are good out of context but have really poor plotting and structure to the episodes.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

It's a longshot, but I hope you guys consider staggering every other Simpsons episode with Futurama or KotH. There are still good jokes but the value of deeply researching Simpsons is rapidly decreasing since the show is getting shallower, while the others are goldmines

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m looking forward to them getting to the really bad seasons. It should be interesting. The pod made me realize that season 9 and 10 are still pretty good.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m looking forward to them getting to the really bad seasons. It should be interesting. The pod made me realize that season 9 and 10 are still pretty good.

Same; thanks to TS I kind of want to revisit this era of the Simpsons because it seems like it remained pretty good for longer than I have it credit for

Stocking
Jul 24, 2007

Should have offered Matt a foot massage

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
I've been surprised at how many good episodes there were in season 10. A bunch of them I would have said we're like 7 or 8 if asked. I have been wondering for a while now when I will be learning about episodes entirely from Talking Simpsons because I didn't bother watching them.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'm a little behind, but I agree with Bob. I don't get Jackass. It never appealed to me and I don't care for it.

Also Dark City is amazing.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
jackass is funny because people hurt self make laugh

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

jackass is funny because people hurt self make laugh

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

Gonna be in Season 13 like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EFF3BmxEq0

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Season 11 was when I felt the ratio of good episodes to bad finally switched up, 9 and 10 were kinda the start of the negative trends that'd eventually make poo poo suck overall but it took a couple seasons to get really bad

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
The current one (bible stories) is the first episode I can't remember seeing. And I had been watching since the beginning.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah, the past few weeks fully entered "Wait, did I see this one?" territory for me. With Make Room For Lisa, I remembered the plot point of a room in the Simpsons house being filled with mechanical equipment for a cell tower, and that's literally it. Maximum Homerdrive I definitely know and remember enjoying, but Bible Stories is a complete mystery to me. Like I said a while back, I'm pretty sure I watched all of these on original broadcast, but because I stopped watching syndicated reruns right around the time that they entered rotation they just didn't ingrain themselves into my memory like the previous 8 seasons.

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002
I was really surprised to learn that the sensory deprivation tank subplot was in the same episode as the cell phone tower. I had really thought the sensory deprivation tank thing happened in some other Lisa episode a few seasons earlier.

Season 9 or 10 is around when I was old enough to start watching episodes on their first airing on Sunday nights. These seasons and those subsequent seem to occupy a separate place in my memory. The earlier seasons I watched endlessly in syndication, but most of the ones from 9 onwards I only ever saw once or twice. I'm curious to see how I'll react to the podcast once they finally get into uncharted territory around season 13. On the plus side, there's still lots of episodes before that happens.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I know I've seen every episode of the Simpsons (yes, every one), but the podcast is getting to the point where I've only seen the episode once, so I've looooong forgotten it. I might have to start watching the Simpsons along with them.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

I know I've seen every episode of the Simpsons (yes, every one), but the podcast is getting to the point where I've only seen the episode once, so I've looooong forgotten it. I might have to start watching the Simpsons along with them.

Have is a strong word.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I like a lot of season 10 and I didn't remember Make Room for Lisa at all

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I remember this crop of episodes because there was an Simpsons irc channel id live post in while watching.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I always get it confused with Lost Our Lisa but an easy way to remember is that Homer is still a lovable oaf in that one and in Make Room for Lisa he's an oblivious jerk and borderline mentally retarded

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Make Room for Lisa was the first episode I remembered absolutely hating but I've always thought it was a season 11/12 episode. I was shocked to learn it aired so early.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

edit: drunkposting, my bad

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 25, 2019

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm going to get Disney+ when they fix the aspect ratio thing.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm going to get Disney+ when they fix the aspect ratio thing.

So, never!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They said they’d give you the option “early next year” but we’ll see.

The cropping really sucks but it’s so nice to have all the episodes streaming without commercials breaks in between.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
loving posers don't even have the dvds and perfectly legal personal backups on their personal computer device

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have all the DVD sets with the exception of 20 because there is no commentary.

Also this is totally because Boomers don't understand aspect ratios.