Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

drat good posts on this page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

drat good posts on this page

Hahahaha dusted

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

only if you fuckers let me down

oh shiiiiiiiiit

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing during quarantines and all.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Sober here.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Struggled for a week or two when the isolation stuff first started, but hanging in there. 8 months next weekend.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Still no booze, dying for a cigarette

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

EBB posted:

Still no booze, dying for a cigarette

Those are bad for you

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Those are bad for you

2020 is bad for us dude

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

2020 isn't hellishly addictive tho

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

My first sponsor told me re: smoking "give it five years, if you're still sober then worry about quitting then. That poo poo won't kill you like booze will". Took me 10 but whatever.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

fell off but will Do it again. Why the hell not. I was a better person when sober.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

You're that better person, getting loaded gets in the way of it. Don't think of it like a past tense thing, just get back up, stay sober a day at a time. Are you doing zoom meetings or anything?

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I took your advice and and reached out to friends and did the zoom / video chat thing. That helped put the brakes on things. It stopped a spiral. Thanks Friend!

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

GF is struggling like gently caress with the quarantine. Loss of daily routine can really do a job on you. She had a three day bender last week when her ADD medication ran out and she fell into despair. Still working with NA and another support group, people are really struggling right now. Not an alcoholic myself, but I'm staying sober since gently caress knows when. Started off cause her benders made me feel disgusted by drink and because I wanted to support her by having a booze free home, and kept going because... why the gently caress not? Saves money, slims my gut, gets me healthier. I can't remember the last time I really felt like a beer now. Funny what a habit can do.

What's getting her up now is the "not today, wait until tomorrow and see" mantra. Not a magic button, because there is no such thing, but it's another thing that's going in her coping toolbox. Here's crossing fingers for 1 week.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

5 years sober!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Congrats Two Finger!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Congrats bro!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Congrats dude

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Hell Yeah

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
My mom isn't expected to make the weekend.

I want to get hammered

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm sorry man. Play that tape out in your head- the drinking scenario. We all know where it ends the next day. Hop on Discord if you want to chat.

Stay sober today and ask yourself if you want to drink again tomorrow. Just stay sober for today.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Check your PMs sent my number hit me up any time I'll leave the ringer on here out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm so sorry man. You can reach out to me anytime