Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Eimi posted:

:hmmyes: The Arcanine Shirt was the best 30,000 pokebucks I ever spent and I'm on a quest for a hoodie or throw that will properly show it off in all it's glory while still giving me long sleeves.

The Shuckle T-shirt was the quickest item I ever bought in a game ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!

Mesadoram posted:

The Shuckle T-shirt was the quickest item I ever bought in a game ever.

Where is this Shuckle shirt? I have 400k pokebucks to spend.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
You know, I had a thought. We get an Ultra/sequel SwSh but the monkey’s paw would be that Sordward and Shielbert are more integrated into the plot.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Annath posted:

Where do you get the Eevee for having LGE save data?

In the second train station at the bottom of the Wild area where you get stuck because of the Wooloos. One of the people in there gives Pikachu and one gives Eevee

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sirbloody posted:

Where is this Shuckle shirt? I have 400k pokebucks to spend.

Casual Tee: Curry Camp, found in the first boutique you enter

It's only $980

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
So I've seen some speculation that raid Pokémon are not affected by the catch rate of the Poké Ball you use on them. Is there any source on this?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah I'm glad you still cant parse words.

[Game] is worse about cutscenes is not a great argument in favor of how good another game is with cutscenes.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kurtofan posted:

Which of the digger bro is best ? I don't see any difference using one or the other.
You really haven't seen a difference? Stamina bro gives shitloads of crap (I think he averages 8-10 digs for me), skill bro gives fossils but tires out after 1-4 almost every time (not every time, my record's 11).

If you need evo stones or fossils, skill bro. If you want money, skill bro gives Comet Pieces relatively infrequently and stamina bro gives lesser-value items very frequently. Basically always skill bro is my vote.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Mizuti posted:

So I've seen some speculation that raid Pokémon are not affected by the catch rate of the Poké Ball you use on them. Is there any source on this?

This is a small sample, but I was just farming shiny dreadnaws from a raid and was something like 4/8 on pokeballs and 11/12 ultraballs, so I'm not sure about that

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You really haven't seen a difference? Stamina bro gives shitloads of crap (I think he averages 8-10 digs for me), skill bro gives fossils but tires out after 1-4 almost every time (not every time, my record's 11).

If you need evo stones or fossils, skill bro. If you want money, skill bro gives Comet Pieces relatively infrequently and stamina bro gives lesser-value items very frequently. Basically always skill bro is my vote.

They both tire right away for me, one dig and its over most of the time.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Borsche69 posted:

[Game] is worse about cutscenes is not a great argument in favor of how good another game is with cutscenes.

Yeah but those are surrounded by discussion on what I liked about the games and their stories specifically and also was talking in the the context of someone else saying "I didnt like that for being so cutscene heavy this one doesnt feel as heavy" not my opinion of SM itself (which was fine SwSh has pushed farther into the cutscenes every few minutes to a territory where even I cant put up with it anymore)

So yes you still cant parse discussions.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Is there any group of goons doing 5-star raids? I just finished the 8th gym last night and am beginning to think about post game. I found my first 5-star Corviknight raid which wrecked me with AI allies. Does the discord have a channel for this?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Mef989 posted:

Is there any group of goons doing 5-star raids? I just finished the 8th gym last night and am beginning to think about post game. I found my first 5-star Corviknight raid which wrecked me with AI allies. Does the discord have a channel for this?

Yeah, #raid-fc

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If you had to go back to old regions, where would you add a Wild Area? Seems like that feature will be around in some capacity for the time being

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao Quick Balls making me wonder why I'm putting so much effort into making a catching Gallade

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Epic High Five posted:

lmao Quick Balls making me wonder why I'm putting so much effort into making a catching Gallade
because luxury balls are prettier, obviously

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

...huh

nvm... https://twitter.com/TannerLPer/status/1197989305756442624

Eimi fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Nov 22, 2019

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Eimi posted:

...huh

https://twitter.com/TannerLPer/status/1197989305756442624

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

:argh:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
the absolute madman
Pokemon Masters is such a poo poo game, no one would've thought to play it themselves to check

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I also have a TON of dreepys to give away way. Most are 4IVs but I have a few 5IVs as well.

I would not mind a Dreepy if you've got extras? I'll be around in like an hour after I get off work if you're still cranking them out.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Well I can say that Leon was the best champion fight to date, my final team consisted of Noivern, Alcremie, Dragapult, Cinderace, Tsareena and Eternatus, even though my entire team was between 60 and 66 I still finished the battle with only Tsareena and a half dead Eternatus standing.

I wouldn't usually have used Eternatus but I felt that my old friend Toxitricity had reached the limits of his usefulness and went into retirement.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Generation 7 was a breath of fresh air for me because it felt like ditching the gyms entirely was such a massive step forward for a gameplay loop. You can say that the trials were 'basically' gyms but it really did feel different enough for me to have fun. I really got down hearing we're going back to gyms in Swoosh as a result.
Also while the plot has some pretty funny story beats and the writing isn't the best it's the first time I felt like the series was trying to be more than the usual. You had a close-knit cast that you hung out with and they all had new different motivations for traveling outside of just being Your Rival.

I liked it a lot

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

my LGPE giga Eevee has perfect IVs, is that normal or did I luck out? Also it's male which means all but 1 of those perfects pass down to eggs if he's holding a Destiny Knot?

I ask because unlocking the IV Judge revealed to me how wholly inadequate my team is for battle tower, much less competitive, so if I'm gonna topple that tower I need to start fresh

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Kurieg posted:

Yeah, #raid-fc

I'd love to join this, what's the discord channel this is in?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

One thing that really bothered me was how utterly underbaked and rushed the game's conflict was, Eternatus just breaks out, you fight Rose, then fight and capture Eternatus and all's well and done.

The two wolves were also there too I guess, you might as well have put Eternatus on the box as that thing had more story presence than the useless wolves.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Yeah honestly they need to ditch the Gym Challenges completely and come up with something more creative than having to run around dunking on fools and collecting badges.

I would love a pokemon game that goes into how and why everything about the pokemon universe's society and culture revolves around capturing and battling murderbeats, and who thought that teenages make the best trainers. Like what is the purpose of battling? And who came with up all these silly rules like 4 moves per mon and can only carry 6 mons at a time?

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

"little" being the key word there. the grunts were rocking 3 pokemon the entire game - poochyena, zubat, and numel/carvanha. even archie and maxie fall victim to this!*

*in the originals anyway. in the remake they changed things up with the innovative idea to add the weezing/muk lines to the team roster. because what the teams needed was more generic poison types, clearly.

It's honestly a shame because there are some good pokemon around that would've helped flesh out those teams thematically. Like I don't remember anyone other than maybe the E4 using Crawdaunt and Corphish (and I know in Sapphire, it took until credits to realize Surskit existed).

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

wafflemoose posted:

Like what is the purpose of battling?

an extremely large part of our current, real life society revolves around watching people do sports

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Epic High Five posted:

my LGPE giga Eevee has perfect IVs, is that normal or did I luck out? Also it's male which means all but 1 of those perfects pass down to eggs if he's holding a Destiny Knot?

I ask because unlocking the IV Judge revealed to me how wholly inadequate my team is for battle tower, much less competitive, so if I'm gonna topple that tower I need to start fresh

It's normal. Destiny knot makes the child inherit 5 IVs from both parents, the only way to force IVs from one parent is to have that parent hold the Power item for that one stat.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

wafflemoose posted:

Yeah honestly they need to ditch the Gym Challenges completely and come up with something more creative than having to run around dunking on fools and collecting badges.

I would love a pokemon game that goes into how and why everything about the pokemon universe's society and culture revolves around capturing and battling murderbeats, and who thought that teenages make the best trainers. Like what is the purpose of battling? And who came with up all these silly rules like 4 moves per mon and can only carry 6 mons at a time?

I've said just this for years, Sun and Moon shook the tired old formula up and it was all the better for it, but nope, we're right back to gyms and the big conflict is even worse than usual, Team Yell aren't bad guys and that's fine but there weren't any real bad guys to beat up on, apart from the dumbass office workers following Rose and Oleana anyway.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

0000 0006 33BG R8

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mizuti posted:

I mean this is easy to check. Go do a bunch of raids and try to catch them with the Beast ball you get(and soft reset to get the ball back). If this is true you should have a decent catch rate.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Judge Tesla posted:

I've said just this for years, Sun and Moon shook the tired old formula up and it was all the better for it, but nope, we're right back to gyms and the big conflict is even worse than usual, Team Yell aren't bad guys and that's fine but there weren't any real bad guys to beat up on, apart from the dumbass office workers following Rose and Oleana anyway.

I also agree with retiring Gyms already. SM showed it can keep the "structure" but be more creative and refreshing with it, and like Regionals there's room to expand.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Judge Tesla posted:

Bede has been pretty satisfying to hate on thus far.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I appreciate that the Macro Cosmos company workers all know they're filler and the guys do the worlds stupidest "nuh uh uh" finger wag at the start of fights

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Dienes posted:

Bede has been pretty satisfying to hate on thus far.

He just feels like a lamer Gladion to me, don't get me started with how Marnie was wasted as a rival, she barely shows up!

Yes, I like this game but the story and characters really feel incredibly half assed, Professor Magnolia might as well not exist.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Kurieg posted:

Yeah, #raid-fc

Nvm found it thank you :)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Man up to and including the third gym things felt quite easy, but route 6 is doing some damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I appreciate that the Macro Cosmos company workers all know they're filler and the guys do the worlds stupidest "nuh uh uh" finger wag at the start of fights

I love how each division is like "NOBODY works harder than OUR department!" while Rose laughs from atop a pile of billions of Pokedollars